test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So why exactly...

spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
...are there hundreds of thousands of corpses just underneath the streets of Millennium City?
Post edited by spinnytop on

Comments

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wait wut? Seriously wut? Thats random even for you O_O"
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited October 2014
    They never did clean after the Battle of Detroit. :tongue:

Ok, seriously, Bloodmoon never made any sense. It's just a Halloweeen bull**** event without any special meaning. Don't examine this too closely.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Ok, seriously, Bloodmoon never made any sense. It's just a Halloweeen bull**** event without any special meaning. Don't examine this too closely.

Like that was my theory... but that's like super dark for the CO universe.... "There's too many dead... just bury them here and rebuild the city on top of a sheet of corpses" n_n
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Like that was my theory... but that's like super dark for the CO universe.... "There's too many dead... just bury them here and rebuild the city on top of a sheet of corpses" n_n

Sounds like efficient use of tax payer's money to me.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • p0temk1np0temk1n Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wait, a city as corrupt as Detroit didn't bury their dead? And this surprises you?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[thread=139701]My old, old guide for Ego Blades. Updated for On: Alert.[/thread]
    [thread=154211]The Costume Contest Schedule. Stay up-to-date without having to log in![/thread]
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No, there is not. Don't think the people who died when Doc blasted the city were wearing loinclothes and other ancient stuffs...
    The undead are summoned from the other dimension, where Takofanes resides. The zombies in plain clothes are ctizens turned into zombies by the turakianundead.
    Just like there isn't 13 portals to the ancient turakian dungeons there....
    That's elementary, dear Watson.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Corpses? I don't see any corpses.
    -
    JourneyBeneathMillCity-001.jpg
    -
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • bdragon4cobdragon4co Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't see anything wrong with it. After all, this is the same city where Viper-X comes seconds close to assassinating Mayor Biselle.

We could make it darker too! Remember the anniversary? We were dancing on those graves...
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    bdragon4co wrote: »
    I don't see anything wrong with it. After all, this is the same city where Viper-X comes seconds close to assassinating Mayor Biselle.

I like how half the people scanned are Viper infiltrators. They should just all rush him: Mission accomplished.
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I like to think they took the phrase "sweeping it under the rug" to its logical extreme.
    edited October 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    Wait wut? Seriously wut? Thats random even for you O_O"

and what do you even mean random? u3u
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's obvious that the Crypts, being accessed from magical gateways, are portals into various areas of Takofanes Demi-Shadow plane. They aren't actually Under Millennium City any more than Qliphoth is actually "behind" the Magic Shop, or the Death Dragons' Domain is inside the building that it's portal is located on top of.

In the Mystic World, it is explained that Takofanes generally resides in a Demi-plane under his rule, the Demi-plane of Shadow which more or less borders on the Realms of Nightmare and the Underworld.

Now that he is a semi-divine Liche Lord of vast power, he can only even enter the physical Earth Realm when specific events of mystical importance either occur naturally, or are made to occur, such as Bloodmoons.

He is seeking a way to basically kill every living thing on earth and subject it to his direct control, and force these conditions to apply at all times.

Being functionally immortal via his Unnatural undead state, he plays a long game, possibly needing many repeats of these rituals in order to eventually enact the long term goal of allowing him to get around the Ban without it allowing other divinely worshiped Earthly Gods to interfere.

Hope that helps.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    MC is what is left of Detroit after it was bombed and destroyed. They are all the dead from the destruction of Detroit. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited October 2014
    iamrune wrote: »
    It's obvious that the Crypts, being accessed from magical gateways, are portals into various areas of Takofanes Demi-Shadow plane. They aren't actually Under Millennium City any more than Qliphoth is actually "behind" the Magic Shop, or the Death Dragons' Domain is inside the building that it's portal is located on top of.

In the Mystic World, it is explained that Takofanes generally resides in a Demi-plane under his rule, the Demi-plane of Shadow which more or less borders on the Realms of Nightmare and the Underworld.

Now that he is a semi-divine Liche Lord of vast power, he can only even enter the physical Earth Realm when specific events of mystical importance either occur naturally, or are made to occur, such as Bloodmoons.

He is seeking a way to basically kill every living thing on earth and subject it to his direct control, and force these conditions to apply at all times.

Being functionally immortal via his Unnatural undead state, he plays a long game, possibly needing many repeats of these rituals in order to eventually enact the long term goal of allowing him to get around the Ban without it allowing other divinely worshiped Earthly Gods to interfere.

Hope that helps.
    ^This too. But that's taking Bloodmoon with a more in-universe approach. He actually summons undead from his personal realm.

Not counting of course zombified citizen killed by zombies, but if you look closely at zombies surrounding undead heroes, they start wearing loinclothes. Only those spawned from dead citizen wear civilian clothes.

Technically the Bloodmoon is an extraplanar invasion.
    edited October 2014
    ^This too. But that's taking Bloodmoon with a more in-universe approach. he actually summons undead from his personal realm.

Not counting of course zombified citizen killed by zmobies, but if you look closely at zombies surrounding undead heroes, they start wearing loinclothes. Only those spawned from dead citizen wear civilian clothes.

It was aliens all along... I knew it! o3o
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014

The Rikti say "Dismissive: W***ing motion".
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The Rikti say "Dismissive: W***ing motion".
    The elcor reply, "Annoyed, stating emotional intent of a sentence is our gimmick. Threateningly, our lawyers will be in contact."
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    edited October 2014

That is generally how I look at it. OTOH:

flyingfinn wrote: »
    No, there is not. Don't think the people who died when Doc blasted the city were wearing loinclothes and other ancient stuffs...
    The undead are summoned from the other dimension, where Takofanes resides. The zombies in plain clothes are ctizens turned into zombies by the turakianundead.
    Just like there isn't 13 portals to the ancient turakian dungeons there....
    That's elementary, dear Watson.

This fits most closely lore-wise.
    edited October 2014
    iamrune wrote: »

Hope that helps.

Just to clarify, as per The Mystic World, Champions Universe, Champions Villains Vol. 1: Master Villains, and The Turakian Age: (1) Takofanes is not today "semi-divine" (although he was worshiped as a god during the Turakian Age), and is not in any way affected by the Ban on divinities manifesting on Earth with their full power. (2) He is described as maintaining "pocket dimensions" he can travel to and from at will, housing his many undead and demonic servants; but these dimensions are not named, and their natures and metaphysical locations aren't specified.

(3) It's generally accepted by occult and security authorities that Takofanes ultimately seeks global conquest, but his long-term plan to achieve this, and the purpose of the Blood Moon and his other seemingly random acts of chaos and destruction, are unclear and the subject of much (frightened) speculation. But his actions during the ancient past reflect great patience and subtlety in setting events in motion to culminate in his eventual triumph.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Corpses? I don't see any corpses.
    -
    JourneyBeneathMillCity-001.jpg
    -

You're dead....you just don't know it yet.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    it's a cryptic city, of course, there are a load of corpses underneath.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    bulgarex wrote: »
    Just to clarify, as per The Mystic World, Champions Universe, Champions Villains Vol. 1: Master Villains, and The Turakian Age:

(1) Takofanes is not today "semi-divine" (although he was worshiped as a god during the Turakian Age), and is not in any way affected by the Ban on divinities manifesting on Earth with their full power.

(2) He is described as maintaining "pocket dimensions" he can travel to and from at will, housing his many undead and demonic servants; but these dimensions are not named, and their natures and metaphysical locations aren't specified.

(3) It's generally accepted by occult and security authorities that Takofanes ultimately seeks global conquest, but his long-term plan to achieve this, and the purpose of the Blood Moon and his other seemingly random acts of chaos and destruction, are unclear and the subject of much (frightened) speculation. But his actions during the ancient past reflect great patience and subtlety in setting events in motion to culminate in his eventual triumph.

1; Thanks for the clarification, I think I got canon mixed up with a variation used by a GM I played Champs with years ago back in fifth edition.

2; Ditto, I think for his campaign he specified 'Demi-plane of shadow', and somewhere along the way I thought it was the real deal.

3; at least this part was accurate.

Sorry for my over-zealousness, but I'm trying to help [and maybe stop certain people from asking very stupid questions.]
    edited October 2014
    Your enthusiasm and helpfulness are appreciated and welcomed, at least by me. :smile: And I apologize if I seemed to be busting your chops over minor details. It's just that I've seen misapprehensions like these that are posted to message boards requoted and spread like wildfire through an Internet community, until lots of people are treating them like canon and basing their choices on mistaken info. (*cough*VanHelsingAct*cough*) I only wanted to nip that process in the bud, much as you did with your own input. :wink:
    edited October 2014
    bulgarex FTW! :biggrin:

But seriously, I often point players to the Back Story thread you've put together. <---- see. i did it again there :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think the takofarian zombies are summoned by takofanes from the bowls of the earth, it dosn't make since for the zombies to rise, but perhaps, the portals recreate the dead, and they feed on the living converting them, which is why the zombie cilvilians look differnt from the takofarian zombies.
    edited October 2014
    I often point players to the Back Story thread you've put together. <---- see. i did it again there :smile:

To be fair, I didn't start that thread, and didn't start contributing to it until nearly half-way through. I'm disappointed in not remembering which of our forum colleagues did start it. :confused:
    edited October 2014
    tfavsb10 wrote: »
    I think the takofarian zombies are summoned by takofanes from the bowls of the earth, it dosn't make since for the zombies to rise, but perhaps, the portals recreate the dead, and they feed on the living converting them, which is why the zombie cilvilians look differnt from the takofarian zombies.

It's possible the "Takofarian" zombies date from the Turakian Age, and Takofanes has had them in "storage" in his pocket dimensions until the modern era. I mean, they're already dead, so they could probably persist for all those millennia if they were sealed fresh. :tongue: Or maybe Takofanes summons them physically from the past. There isn't a lot that's beyond his sorcery, particularly in the necromantic arts.

One thing I have to give to the Archlich, among all the aspiring world-conquering master villains on Champions Earth today, Takofanes actually did conquer the world. And he ruled it for centuries. Then he was killed. Then he came back from the dead and conquered the world again.

Dude has a track record. And he's persistent.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Obviously Millenium City was build on a Indian Burial Ground

...Make that MANY Burial Grounds
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited October 2014
    bulgarex wrote: »
    To be fair, I didn't start that thread, and didn't start contributing to it until nearly half-way through. I'm disappointed in not remembering which of our forum colleagues did start it. :confused:

But you did take the initiative and start the - Champions Universe: Unique Character Origins - thread. In many ways even more helpful than the first. Even for guys like me that never played the TT version of game.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg