test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20141016.5/.6 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PTS - The Archive
This build will hit PTS today, 10/24/2014.

Release Notes for FC.31.20141016.6:

Preview:

• The Debugger has a new pack of Animal Heads & Masks

• Added the Vignette for the Infernal Lockbox

Release Notes for FC.31.20141016.5:

Preview:

• Added the Infernal Lockbox (and its contents) to the Debugger.

Known Issues:

• The lockbox tab in the Debugger still says "Timewarp Lockbox" instead of "Infernal Lockbox".

• Some icons/UI elements for the Infernal Lockbox are placeholder.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• ectooneectoone Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ALL ABOARD! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    bug
    female skeleton legs do not appear
    in tailor and on character
  • highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    BUG : Skeleton Tail stretches and disconnects from the body on females while running
    image.png
    BUG ? : joint issues everywhere
    image.png

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    For the love of the poor neglected beast people, please add a beast leg variant of the skeleton set.

Seriously, beast legs have been omitted from many of the recent sets.

Bug?: Skeleton aura does not replace tails or wings.
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    BUG ? : joint issues everywhere
    image.png

The large Joints I think are end-caps for when using these parts with other solid body pieces. Unfortunately they do look unsightly when used on a whole skeleton.

I guess the only way around it would be to have two versions of each piece - one with these existing joints, and one with a more realistic joint for when used with other skeleton parts.
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    * Bug: Both the existing skeleton hands and the new ones from the set are labeled "Skeleton".
    * Where it happens: Character creator.
    * What happens: They both have the same name. Not exactly gamebreaking but certainly confusing.

* Bug: Skeleton Aura and Carrion Flies aura don't respond to color adjustments.
    * Where it happens: When changing color on the aura.
    * What happens: Colors don't change when changing colors. Being able to be a green skeleton (via the aura that is) or have yellowish flies (Bees?) would make these much more attractive options.

eiledon wrote: »
    I guess the only way around it would be to have two versions of each piece - one with these existing joints, and one with a more realistic joint for when used with other skeleton parts.

Yes, those existing joins are horrific in the entirely wrong way, made worse by them having a separate plug on each side so they are huuuge.

I do want to comment that the Footprints and Carrion Flies auras are nifty new options. And the soul train is the best vehicle idea I've ever witnessed. Though regarding the train, I would like if the front of the gun barrels were open so they actually look more like gun barrels rather then solid tubes.
  • mutantmaidsmutantmaids Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Could we maybe get it so we can change the color of the train's fire by using the "all colors" swatch, like we can change the colors of the vehicles' jets and attacks, please?

Aside from that, very, very impressed with the items in this one. I'm actually hyped for the live server release.
  • werx138werx138 Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    BUG: Footprint aura doesn't work with speed running travel powers
    WHERE: Only tried it near the Power House
    WHAT: The foot print aura was working normally when I was not using my travel power (Superspeed). When it was activated, the aura stopped leaving the foot prints
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is more a feature than a bug, but it would be nice if various hollow head geometries (such as skeleton and pumpkin) let you put the cosmic flames inside...
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is more a feature than a bug, but it would be nice if various hollow head geometries (such as skeleton and pumpkin) let you put the cosmic flames inside...
    I'd pay extra for this functionality.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Please add skeletal beast legs to the set, we have the wings and tail, but not beast legs.
    two lines of plain text
    the best kind of signature
    edited October 2014
    Please add skeletal beast legs to the set, we have the wings and tail, but not beast legs.
    Also, the skeleton aura should replace beast legs with skeleton beast legs, not human legs. It also doesn't replace tails at all, and it replaces robotic limbs, which it probably shouldn't do.
  • kriss94kriss94 Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Suggestion: Make separate skeleton torso and leg pieces that replace both the arms and torso and the pelvis and legs respectively and have them usable in Integrated Shoulders, Jackets, Hips Wear, and Skirt and Shorts categories.

Suggestion: Add skeleton Beast Legs and Clawed Hands and Feet to go with the tail and wings.

e411e076c7636a5647b369e8f27aac03.png

Skeletons with jackets are the best thing since candy.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    That costume looks wicked pissah!

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The new skeleton set is gorgeous, simply gorgeous. As others have said though, those joint pieces have Got to go. The Aura gives a much cleaner skeletal look, and I'd hope that this set could match it. It'd also be nice if the skeletal pieces could be worn with more categories, for instance having the chest available with jackets or having the leg part wearable with hip wear, or torn pants.

This is a really nice set, and you guys should work hard to ensure its usable to its full potential.
  • ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    BUG: Luchador Head is Incorrect on Skeleton Aura
    Where: Luchador Mask Head Category
    What: Both the neck and facial skin persists (see image)

original.jpg?1414351244

Now, I know that not a lot of people use the Luchador Masks, so it's not something a lot of people would complain about... but still. It's the principle of the matter. The principle!
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    Question: is the squeleton aura supposed to take out the boots and foot stuff out, or it's just a bug?

If it's intended, that's a shame... :frown:
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    maleb666 wrote: »
    Question: is the squeleton aura supposed to take out the boots and foot stuff out, or it's just a bug?

Most likely, same with gloves and hands.
    edited October 2014
    BUG: You can't select different materials for hands and feet in the tailor, when you select the right hand and change its material, the left hand automatically changes to that material, and vice versa, same with the feet.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    maleb666 wrote: »

This is really just a become. I don't see why they packaged as an aura.
    edited October 2014

Probably so you can maintain your normal powers and some limited look customizability. A become would force a power chain on you and not let you swap your hat around.

I'm wondering if what happened is they realized how messy the robotic limb based joins of the costume set looked and came up with this as a compromise for people who wanted to go more fully skeletal without those being a factor.
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited October 2014

A simple Become device wouldn't let you explode into Bone Mode as soon as combat starts.
    edited October 2014
    serpinecoh wrote: »
    Probably so you can maintain your normal powers and some limited look customizability. A become would force a power chain on you and not let you swap your hat around.

I'm wondering if what happened is they realized how messy the robotic limb based joins of the costume set looked and came up with this as a compromise for people who wanted to go more fully skeletal without those being a factor.

It looks to me like the set wasn't designed to use the cyborg category. The pieces list a hidden cat called "Skeletal" which I'm pretty sure the aura utilizes. Devs just need to give us access to that version.
  • jimhsuajimhsua Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Also, the skeleton aura should replace beast legs with skeleton beast legs, not human legs. It also doesn't replace tails at all, and it replaces robotic limbs, which it probably shouldn't do.
    kriss94 wrote: »
    Suggestion: Make separate skeleton torso and leg pieces that replace both the arms and torso and the pelvis and legs respectively and have them usable in Integrated Shoulders, Jackets, Hips Wear, and Skirt and Shorts categories.

Suggestion: Add skeleton Beast Legs and Clawed Hands and Feet to go with the tail and wings.

Seconded, thirded, whatever.
    edited October 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    Someone needs to make an explosive skeleton hero. NEEDS. :tongue:
    Well, he doesn't explode per se, but as soon as I can get hold of it, the Visible Man will have Skeleton Aura as his combat aura...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Preview:

• The Debugger has a new pack of Animal Heads & Masks

• Added the Vignette for the Infernal Lockbox
    edited October 2014
    Like all vehicles, the train dips its nose when moving forward, raises when moving back, but it looks pretty bad in this specific case. Can its flight posture not do that?

The new animal heads are, well, kinda low resolution and not very attractive.
  • dataweaver42dataweaver42 Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    New animal heads:

the Fox and Chicken heads strike me as oversized compared to such things as Feline, Rat, Vulture, Bird People, Dear, Wolf, and so on. This makes them come across as cartoony. In particular, "Chicken" could be done better (IMHO) as a variant of the Bird People head, with a chicken beak as the Custom Mouth Accessory and the comb as Custom Hair.

On the Horse head, the Custom Helmet ought to be renamed to Custom Eyes, as that's what's getting customized.

I've used Partial Werewolf plus appropriate Headwear, Hairstyle, and Mouth Accessory options to approximate lions and rabbits; but I'd rather not have to approximate. Could a variant of the Feline head that has a mane be included in this set (e.g., Feline Head + Bestial Wild 1 Hairstyle)? Or another variant of it that has rabbit ears and buck teeth instead of cat ears and fangs?
    edited October 2014
    I'd really like to see a bull head added. Its past due.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    Animal Heads

Suggestion: Rename the pack to "Cartoon animal heads" or "Mascot animal heads" or "Rubber animal masks" as these are a bit silly.

Bug?: The horse head texture looks unfinished. The spot on the forehead and the eyes looks off (the regular eye options we have for heads would be nice), the teeth cannot be colored, the nostrils lack their own color channel. It would also be nice to have a no-skin color channel version available.

Long Mane Right/Left/Spikey Mane could use some gradients.

Short Mane lacks a normal map and one of the color channels intrudes into another.

The chicken/Fox heads versions lack child eyes. Would be nice if they got flat eyes with access to the usual eye options.

Child eyes should be able to glow on all color channels.

Suggestion: move child eyes to the child eyes bone the other beast heads use.

Skeleton

Skeleton costume lacks beast legs. Please add them in.

Skeleton aura does not replace tails/wings and looks super awkward (and does not properly replace beast legs).
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    New animal heads:

the Fox and Chicken heads strike me as oversized compared to such things as Feline, Rat, Vulture, Bird People, Dear, Wolf, and so on. This makes them come across as cartoony. In particular, "Chicken" could be done better (IMHO) as a variant of the Bird People head, with a chicken beak as the Custom Mouth Accessory and the comb as Custom Hair.

On the Horse head, the Custom Helmet ought to be renamed to Custom Eyes, as that's what's getting customized.

I've used Partial Werewolf plus appropriate Headwear, Hairstyle, and Mouth Accessory options to approximate lions and rabbits; but I'd rather not have to approximate. Could a variant of the Feline head that has a mane be included in this set (e.g., Feline Head + Bestial Wild 1 Hairstyle)? Or another variant of it that has rabbit ears and buck teeth instead of cat ears and fangs?

I don't think these are supposed to be real animal heads. That's like a straight-up rubber chicken head. They're gag heads, like costumes. BUCKAW!
    biffsig.jpg
    edited October 2014
    The Horse's head does look like it was found severed on someone's pillow. I think the sculpt needs to be revisited to add some definition around the chin, jaw line and neck. Even if it is a "mask" rather than a "head" it is a poor mask. (Although the freaky googly and spiral rotating eyes and a fun addition)

Screenshots for those asking:

animalplanet_zpsd859ffd0.jpg~original

More this:

horse-head-a45ab_medium_640.jpg

Less of this:

1107_unicorn_head_mask.jpg
  • maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lordgar wrote: »

Preview:

[*]Added the Vignette for the Infernal Lockbox

I have no idea what this is supposed to be, but I couldn't find anything new besides the masks...
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Neigh neigh.

Finally.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Oh please post some screenies!!!

Derp Horse ftw!
  • crosnightcrosnight Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    fox head still needs a lot of work =<
    eyes are stupidly big, ears are small and so is the muzzle.

several of my friends say it kinda looks a bit creepy at the moment and i agree (one fried said it look like it got hit with an anime bat)

also imo it looks kinda more like a rodant, like a weasal or something

edit: locked at a comparison of the CO fox head to a real fox head picture
    like i said: EYES ARE TO LARGE, EARS TO SMALL(make em longer), and MUZZLE TO SMALL(larger and more pronounced)

would post picture but apperently the forum wont let me

Edit: if these are ment to be masks PLEASE remove them from beast heads to avoid confusion with players who used beastial/furry/anthro (whatever you wanna call em).
    edited October 2014
    And here I was hoping they would have fixed the skeleton joint issues.

Had a look at the heads.

Horse head is creepy and needs to look more like a horse than it currently does.

Fox head is to cartoony.

Chickenhead, well, its oversized, but looks like a chicken.

As for the other new item...the Vignette...what is it? We don't see it in the lockbox nor the debugger.
    edited October 2014
    I have things to do today, but now I'm going to have to carve out some time to check out PTS. Will the Horse Head let me look like Wil Wheaton during a Kings game? :smile:

• canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Agree with the suggestion to rename them "animal mascot masks", to avoid confusion with the beast heads already in game.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
    edited October 2014
    soulforger wrote: »
    As for the other new item...the Vignette...what is it? We don't see it in the lockbox nor the debugger.

The vignette is the small graphic device used to differentiate the various items. In this case however all I could see for various items in Debugger was the same Champions C Icon.
  • megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The fox head needs alot of work. It needs to not look so freaking creepy. The horse head needs alot of work as well. The chicken head is amazeing
    edited October 2014
    The fox head seems to have been pulled directly from a child's nightmare. Go cutesy, or emphasize the pointy teeth, but pick one, you know?

The horse head doesn't look like a Team Wheaton Kings mask, nor does it look like a horse's head. Smaller eyes, without that "bulging out of the head" bit, would help a lot, methinks.

The rooster head, on the other tentacle, looks good. Keep it that way. :smile:

edited October 2014
    Bug: You can't use horse head eyes with the horse mask. this leads to a rather creepy eyeless horse mask.

Bug:The Short Mane hairpiece on the horse mask doesn't appear to have a proper texture.

Bug: The fox and chicken mask clips rather badly at the neckline for males.
    edited October 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    The fox head seems to have been pulled directly from a child's nightmare. Go cutesy, or emphasize the pointy teeth, but pick one, you know?

The Jaw Length option on the face sliders actually closes and opens the fox mouth. When fully closed only the upper row of teeth are visible which decreases the nightmare fuel a bit. Likewise the Head size slider has a big impact on the head size (larger then usual on all three of the mascot heads) and when smaller also looks less scary. Here is a comparison of results at the two slider extremes (also using width and height sliders to push further):

ATaleOfTwoFoxes.jpg
  • radioscienceradioscience Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    The vignette is the small graphic device used to differentiate the various items. In this case however all I could see for various items in Debugger was the same Champions C Icon.

The 'vignette' is how we internally refer to the current-lockbox display in the Ren Cen ring, with the vehicle and the costumed Q-store vendor. I don't think we usually refer to it that way outside the office, so that patch note is probably fairly confusing until you read this post.
    edited October 2014
    The 'vignette' is how we internally refer to the current-lockbox display in the Ren Cen ring, with the vehicle and the costumed Q-store vendor. I don't think we usually refer to it that way outside the office, so that patch note is probably fairly confusing until you read this post.

I can see how the word would fit that too now you mention it ;D