Custom Sidekick

m1ndfr1km1ndfr1k Posts: 174 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Suggestions Box
We really need something like that.
Post edited by m1ndfr1k on

Comments

• aceretrieveraceretriever Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My name is Ace Retriever and I support this idea.
    Champions: @ace112233
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are already plans for this. But it won't hurt if we keep reminding Cryptic of it. :wink:
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I aprove of this idea!!

And I need a stamp of aproval.

Oh well, I will just lick this thread...

licking_cat.gif

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sidekicks are not in the plan anymore. At least not this year. If we don't hear about this by time auras come out, than it isn't happening next year either.
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sidekicks are not in the plan anymore. At least not this year. If we don't hear about this by time auras come out, than it isn't happening next year either.

Nothings seems to be in the plan anymore, neither the foundry, nemesis, bug fixing, balance improving. We could just close the suggestion and pvp forums and call it a day. :frown:

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love my Cleric Disciple, she keeps me fighting against the armies of orcs, ogres and goblins. And makes awesome bearsteak sandwiches.
    What??
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mushermusher Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A sidekick, huh? Wait, that's actually a great way to make missions much more useful! See, for every mission you complete you will earn Fame (non-spendable, divided by areas, not by enemy levels), with higher level missions earning you more, discovered through exploration missions earn you slightly more, and random citizen missions will earn you even more. After that, in every hub there will be different sidekicks that require a certain ammount of certain Fame to "hire", some you will have to look for, and the more powerful ones can be customized. I'm way too sleepy to go on, but this idea has a lot of potential IMO.
    IMO, if they just took the sidekick devices, (which all use regular character models), added a few more so all power sets are represented, then just allowed you to use them w/ a saved costume file, this would satiate many people's desire for a permanent sidekick.

Now add a permanent sidekick device, for say 1000 Zen, (heck, also have a sidekick lockbox), which could be used for X minutes per hour, and you'd be set.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • aceretrieveraceretriever Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    musher wrote: »
    A sidekick, huh? Wait, that's actually a great way to make missions much more useful! See, for every mission you complete you will earn Fame (non-spendable, divided by areas, not by enemy levels), with higher level missions earning you more, discovered through exploration missions earn you slightly more, and random citizen missions will earn you even more. After that, in every hub there will be different sidekicks that require a certain ammount of certain Fame to "hire", some you will have to look for, and the more powerful ones can be customized. I'm way too sleepy to go on, but this idea has a lot of potential IMO.

Oh. My. Goodness. Yes.
    I'm about to faint from this, oh my gawd.
    Champions: @ace112233
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I like the fame idea a lot.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are already plans for this. But it won't hurt if we keep reminding Cryptic of it. :wink:

Yup. As a dev noted a while back, it would work something like the bridge commander/lieutenant/whatever feature in STO.

And It'd be neat. And if it was in the cStore, Cryptic would make sweet sweet $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• finalslapsfinalslaps Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looking for a slave to RP with...
    edited May 2013
    You know, I've been thinking about sidekicks, and I came up with some funky ideas.

1. You will get a very basic sidekick Fanboy / Fangirl when you complete the tutorial (or skip it if at least one of your toons have ever completed the tutorial). Unlike the other sidekicks, this one has no resource costs and low downtime, but it's a weak one with low potential.

2. You can look for sidekicks yourself, or a special NPC can round up candidates for you based on your application for a fee. The more details you specify, the more it will cost. He will always present at least 1 sidekick that meets ALL your requirements (if at all possible), and at least 1 you can hire right now. He won't even talk to you until you have enough fame to hire at least 1 sidekick of any kind.

3. Sidekicks can't be directly controlled like pets, can be summoned at any time, and can be dismissed only out of battle. Unlike normal pets and "things" summoned through powers, however, they will actually put up a fight, fighting like a player with their powers would. When dismissed he will ask you to review his performance (more on that further), where you can encourage or discourage certain actions of his, thus molding him to suit your play style.

4. Hiring a sidekick is a one-time fee, and then additional fees every several hours of his activity (he won't charge you for the time not spent at your side), with more powerful sidekicks costing more (obviously). If a sidekick is defeated he will be sent to a public hospital to treat his wounds, thus rendering him unavailable for some time. You can pay resources to transfer him to a better hospital to heal him faster, but higher grade hospitals cost money. You can also do assignments specifically for those hospitals to gain Fame and discounts on their services.

5. Now this is the best part, when a sidekick performs actions he will "memorize" what he did, and then you can tell him how YOU feel about it. Want your sidekick to stop knocking enemies all over the place so you don't have to chase them? Or do you need him to attack everything in sight randomly? it's your call, eventually he will learn your tastes and act accordingly!

6. Another great feature, Special Sidekicks (that Fanboy / Fangirl I meantioned early is a Special Sidekick). Unlike normal sidekicks, they don't have a hiring fee, instead they are gained through special conditions, like freeing them during a mission (Rocket Hawk and Lady Rocket Hawk are good examples), finding them through exploration, or completing certain objectives. Special Sidekick are not necessarily more powerful than normal ones, but they always have 1 or 2 unique tricks up their sleeves, not available to anyone else.

7. Yet another great feature, sidekick training. Sidekicks gain power naturally with levels (always being they same level as you), but you can also invest resources to make them more efficient in certain area(s), making them smarter, stronger, faster or whatever you want!

8. Sidekicks also have their own gear and inventory, which can be expanded just like your own. Sidekicks also can run simple errands like selling things you don't need or checking out the Auction House, saving you the trouble of having to do this yourself. This takes a bit of time, however, and still counts as their active time.

Well that's all I got right now, but you get the picture, right? Endless possibilities if done right, a huge PITA if done wrong.
    CO's sidekicks should work like STO's Bridge Officers, NOT like NWO's Companions!

In case you don't know: Companions are not customizable there. Not. At. All!
    Neverwinter allows you to equip them Runestones, special gear that player characters can't use. They can wear normal gear too, but are limited to a defensive off-hand weapon, a necklace and a ring. They can have 3 Runestone and 3 regular gear slots, which are level-locked. Their powers are preset, and their appearances cannot be changed either.

^That is not what we want! vThat is!

On the other game; STO's bridge officers are almost as customizable as player characters! You can equip them regular gear (except kits, which they don't need anyway) and they can even use devices. They can only learn up to 4 powers (5 if you count their weapons), but that's very well enough. They can learn new powers either from the player's own selection, or from other Bridge Officers which are hired specifically to train one of your's. And you can change their appearance at the tailor.

Just wanted to point that out.
    edited May 2013
    Wasn't it what I suggested? Costumizable, USEFUL, sidekicks, but there is literally a price for using them. Also, all resource rewards from missions should be increased to account for the extra expenses.
    Wasn't it what I suggested?

Not really. Your idea isn't bad, but certainly very different from how STO and NWO do it.
    edited May 2013
    Different? Duh, that's the whole point! I hate STO, but love CO, I do not want to see bridge officers here. Well maybe just one as a Special Sidekick just for lulz, but certainly not them being a common rule.
    There is 'What we wish for' and then 'What we get for'.
    And we know how the things roll. If they really gonna roll at all.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited May 2013
    I'll take the bridge officer tech from STO for a sidekick. It lets each of your toons have one by default and customize the costume individually, right?
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would gladly pay for a permanent sidekick device where I could customize his powers, his gear, and his look.

2k Zen points? Permanent sidekick device? lasts 20 minutes, 2 hour cooldown? :biggrin:
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, who would need a fancy looking, but weak sidekick? The only thing one would be good for is a duo category costume contest...the again, some people would pay 2000 zen just for that.
    I would love to duplicate my alts as sidekicks, with their names as well as looks and powers. In my little universe, my characters all share a world and either know or are aware of each other, so seeing them work together in missions would be icing on the cake for me.
  • m1ndfr1km1ndfr1k Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thx all 4 supporting this
    edited May 2013
    I basically have some notes of how I would change sidekicks.

STORE SIDEKICKS - Retool - Make all devices permanent and Bind on Equip with limited use of 1 hour for every 24 hours Real Time. Only one may be used at a time.

CUSTOMIZED SIDEKICKS - A new system very much like the Nemesis one and you get to choose the sidekick's powers (AT choose set OR Freeforms up to 4) including a travel power. A device like the Sidekick change above where you get a device that is bound and customizable and has a separate cooldown from generic Sidekicks.

Changing the generic sidekicks in the store in this way would make it so you can purchase each one for a character and it will never go away. They all share cooldowns (except for the custom sidekicks with their own shared cooldown).

The new custom sidekicks would be blank devices you can buy from the store that you can choose options for. And you can buy multiple for each character for flavor.
    edited May 2013
    Well this idea IS the most realistic I guess, but if they did this it would be SO boring...why go for little when you can add a major part to the game, attracting more people? It shouldn't be THAT much work, except for pet AI which needs upgrading.
    I really don't want the new sidekicks to be devices. And the reason for that is the number of device slots.
    In my case, 3 of them are occupied with healing patchess, a Heroic Resonance and revives. That leaves only two more, which I usually fill with Legacy attack devices and maybe a transformation/vehicle.

STO does it about perfectly. It is a whole own system that allows you to basically summon up to 4 NPCs as stand-in team members. But when you team up with other players, the NPCs make room for them.
    You can "buy" normal ones for Requisition tokens and special ones from the Z-Store in STO. I could see CO doing the same thing, maybe with Recognition

This would be my ideas for the implementation:

Sidekicks should be tiered by their power potential:
    White = Low-powered henchmen that can't learn any new powers. Can be hired for Resources from a new vendor.
    Yellow = Hero sidekicks with customizable powers and rather low stats. Can be hired for MCPD Recognition.
    Green = Hero sidekicks with customizable powers and average stats. Can be hired for PRIMUS Recognition.
    Blue = Hero sidekicks with customizable powers and above-average stats. Can be hired for UNTIL Recognition.
    Purple = Hero sidekicks with customizable powers and high stats. Can be hired for Silver Champions Recognition.
    And of course, there would be special purple sidekicks with unique abilities in the Z-Store and in Lockboxes.

Alternative to Recognition, yet another currency, like the aforementioned Fame, could be added.

Sidekicks should have selectable travel powers, to a point.
    All pets can fly if their player character can. If the player character moves so fast they can't keep up, they can teleport. Sidekicks should be no exception. However, I could see their version of Flight being selectable from the player's own list of unlocked travel powers.
    No non-flight travel powers though. That includes Cape Gliding and Ice Slide.

Sidekicks should be able to equip and use the following:

Regular gear
    Consumable devices

Legacy attack devices, summon devices, Becomes, vehicles or even travel power devices could be gamebreaking.

Sidekicks' cosmetic customization:
    White henchmen would have limited costume customization around their default look (MCPD Officer, PRIMUS Soldier, VIPER Renegade, and so on), hero sidekicks would have access to all the costume options their player has unlocked. Their powers would be colorable just like a Nemesis's, and even their gender would be selectable upon unlock.

Things sidekicks shouldn't have:

Freeform builds
    Sidekicks are comperatively weak heroes. If they weren't, they wouldn't have to be sidekicks. Therefore, they shouldn't be able to learn powers from outside their designated powerset or even sub-set. Special sidekicks could be an exception, in that they could have more than one power set, but should still be restricted to them.

Slotted Passive powers and Forms
    Honestly, I think passive powers would make sidekicks a bit too strong. From a game-technical point, they are just pets, after all.

Auras
    If the PTS was any indication, auras will get their own slots. But I don't think sidekicks would get those as well.
    At least, most of them shouldn't. Giving special sidekicks an aura slot would give players another reason to buy them.
    edited May 2013
    I think sidekicks should have personalities and slotted passives exclusive to sidekicks tied to them. For example we have a "coward" (I'm having a hard time thinking of a good name for that) with a buff that increases his damage while he's not attacked, but in exchange he will flee the scene when reduced to 25% and go to a hospital to treat his wounds + extra time to make sure he didn't catch a virus, that sort of thing.
    I have no idea how STO officers work since their website is garbage when it comes to explaining prime features in the game. I've been playing Lifetime for two years now and I still don't understand some things in CO. What makes anyone think that I should understand how unadvertised features work in a game that is "superior" to Champions.

If they are used to fill up vacant team space, than I'm all for it. I'll gladly take up to 4 custom NPCs to follow me around at all times without taking up device slot. I just like my permanent version better. I would buy multiples all across my most used characters.

The officer system sounds a lot better than asking people to make themed teams with me anyways.
  • wondermommawondermomma Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want one with custom chat bubbles .
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll buy one... if I can set it to constantly complain about being forced to do the same things over and over again.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
    edited May 2013
    I want one with custom chat bubbles .

Chat bubbles that show up with a /command. Fluff like that is welcome.
  • joltrabbitjoltrabbit Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Fame would be a great way to evolve the pvp reward system. Make Fame from the ashes of Acclaim which serves no purpose unless you want to look like a Nacho Libre wrestler.

@Rejolt when you see me in game. Forum member since late 2008, beta tester and LTS.

Still trying to make a Might/Electric toon that gets something out of Shockwave (darn you Stormbringer for not boosting Sonic damage!).
  • joltrabbitjoltrabbit Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    I'll buy one... if I can set it to constantly complain about being forced to do the same things over and over again.

So you work in public education too?

@Rejolt when you see me in game. Forum member since late 2008, beta tester and LTS.

Still trying to make a Might/Electric toon that gets something out of Shockwave (darn you Stormbringer for not boosting Sonic damage!).
    edited May 2013
    joltrabbit wrote: »
    Fame would be a great way to evolve the pvp reward system. Make Fame from the ashes of Acclaim which serves no purpose unless you want to look like a Nacho Libre wrestler.

Nope. Not even for that. They removed all the costume unlocks from the Acclaim store, because they were also oldschool gear. Now the Acclaim store only has healing devices that work only in PvP, Penetration and Perception gear that works only in PvP, and a ridiculously expensive and limited chainsaw device.
    The only way to unlock all Luchador pieces now is buying the costume pack. Rather smart, actually, to put those in the Z-Store. But why not all the other lost unlocks too? :confused:
    Anyway, you can still get the basic Luchador costume pieces for playing 3 PvP matches.

And back on topic: Sidekicks as PvP rewards? I don't think that would catch on. :redface:
    edited May 2013
    No, no, no, sidekicks earned through PvP?! This is by far the biggest absurd I've seen here. Not until they make serious changes to the PvP system, but there are so many things to cover it deserves another topic. Regardless, sidekicks should be separate from PvP entirely, just like become devices are.
    Base qualities of the sidekicks
    • Role - Sidekicks have a role, much like players. Unlike players, however, these are used mainly to determine the AI they use:
      • Hybrid: Sidekick will generally stand ground and use ranged attacks. If enemy approaches directly, they will retain position and switch to melee.
      • Ranged: Sidekick backs away if they're approached in melee range.
      • Melee: Sidekick runs at enemies to attack. Permits the use of lunges.
      • Support: Sidekick will place emphasis on healing at all times.
      • Tank does not exist here, since there isn't really a specific attack/strategy pattern that can be tied to it without changing the actual stats of the character. A tank ally can be created, though, by equipping it with abilities that generate high threat.
    • Not Pets - Sidekicks do not get buffs from Commander tree abilities, don't have the "I'ma PET!" buff, and cannot be commanded with the pet interface. However, they are generally stronger than pets, can be given tactics mods, and generate no threat outside of combat.
    • No need to resummon - if they fall in battle, they will slowly recover on the ground after a while instead of disappearing. You can use healing or the Z key to hasten their rate of recovery.
    Creation
    Before modifying or creating one, sidekick devices need to be bought either with Zen or Questionite. Sidekicks are modified/created at a sidekick agency in Downtown, much like Nemeses (interesting to note, I believe the bridge commander system just might be a reskinned Nemesis system/uses the same data space that the Nemesis system does). Once a base device is bought, the player can head here to give it a less generic moveset and appearance.
    There are three parts to the Sidekick:
    • Personality - Determines what the Sidekick might say in given situations. Could also include a custom battlecry.
    • Moveset - Since NPC AI is generally less detailed than human intelligence, it's not very feasible to give them the same ability tree as a player has. Instead, they get a smaller, but more flexible selection of attacks:
      • Shot - Backup ranged attack. For ranged-type sidekicks, this is their default attack.
      • Weak - Quick, default attack used by the character in melee range. For melee sidekicks, this is their default attack.
      • Assault - A powerful leading attack that is one of three types: A sniping blast, a maintained attack, or a powerful lunge.
      • Strong - A charged attack that can wreak havoc on a single, or multiple, targets.
      • Smash - A powerful, short-telegraphed attack that does grievous damage. Used once the sidekick is reduced to 1/2 health.
      • Utilities 1, 2, and 3 - Extra moves that can be used to aid the hero, or a sidekicks effectiveness. Includes heals, shields, blocks, and passives.
    • Appearance - Self-explanatory. Sidekicks can have their gender and name changed at any time (though it both costs a lot, and in the case of genderswap, it will erase the current costume.)
    Modification
    Beyond initial creation, Sidekicks can be given equipment. They use secondary pieces (offense, defense, utility) to boost their abilities, and also have slots for special mods. Mod slots vary with quality, but a Zstore-bought sidekick has 3 tactics slots, and 1 special slot.
    • Tactics slots: Adds commands to your power/device tray when the sidekick is active (much like vehicle weapons). This ability will have properties that change what your sidekick is doing at any given point.
      • Example Tactics: "Heal me!" "Stay Close" "Snipe Target" "Find Crafting Node" "Flee!" "Attack First!"
    • Special: These rare mods give your sidekick unusual traits that change how they play.
      • Example Specials: Giant Sidekick (Larger, more damage, less dodge), Wingman (Sidekick always stays/teleports right next to you), Resilient (Sidekick recovers health faster after being downed), Lifesaver (Sidekick stays up after you are killed for 30 seconds), Mimic (A very rare special that causes the sidekick to use the exact same attacks you do on a target of their choice.)
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    CO's sidekicks should work like STO's Bridge Officers, NOT like NWO's Companions!

In case you don't know: Companions are not customizable there. Not. At. All!
    Neverwinter allows you to equip them Runestones, special gear that player characters can't use. They can wear normal gear too, but are limited to a defensive off-hand weapon, a necklace and a ring. They can have 3 Runestone and 3 regular gear slots, which are level-locked. Their powers are preset, and their appearances cannot be changed either.

^That is not what we want! vThat is!

That sounds like ... hmm .. Human Vehicles ? Yeah .. this not what we really want.
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    There is 'What we wish for' and then 'What we get for'.
    And we know how the things roll. If they really gonna roll at all.

But .. its maybe the only thing we will get .. IF we get anything at all.

I can already see the "content" for the next year .. every month a new sidekick lockbox :eek:

Maybe also a new temp alert where only these cool new sidekick mods drop.
    R607qMf.jpg
    edited May 2013
    bluhman wrote: »
    Before modifying or creating one, sidekick devices need to be bought either with Zen or Questionite.

They use secondary pieces (offense, defense, utility) to boost their abilities, and also have slots for special mods

I'm pretty much both hands up for everything you said, except these two:
    It would make more sense to actually hire sidekicks with resource and a certain Fame requirement, and special "mods" should be exclusive to Special Sidekicks, to make them, you know...special.
    bluhman wrote: »
    Base qualities of the sidekicks
    • Role - Sidekicks have a role, much like players. Unlike players, however, these are used mainly to determine the AI they use:
      • Hybrid: Sidekick will generally stand ground and use ranged attacks. If enemy approaches directly, they will retain position and switch to melee.
      • Ranged: Sidekick backs away if they're approached in melee range.
      • Melee: Sidekick runs at enemies to attack. Permits the use of lunges.
      • Support: Sidekick will place emphasis on healing at all times.
      • Tank does not exist here, since there isn't really a specific attack/strategy pattern that can be tied to it without changing the actual stats of the character. A tank ally can be created, though, by equipping it with abilities that generate high threat.
    • Not Pets - Sidekicks do not get buffs from Commander tree abilities, don't have the "I'ma PET!" buff, and cannot be commanded with the pet interface. However, they are generally stronger than pets, can be given tactics mods, and generate no threat outside of combat.
    • No need to resummon - if they fall in battle, they will slowly recover on the ground after a while instead of disappearing. You can use healing or the Z key to hasten their rate of recovery.
    Creation
    Before modifying or creating one, sidekick devices need to be bought either with Zen or Questionite. Sidekicks are modified/created at a sidekick agency in Downtown, much like Nemeses (interesting to note, I believe the bridge commander system just might be a reskinned Nemesis system/uses the same data space that the Nemesis system does). Once a base device is bought, the player can head here to give it a less generic moveset and appearance.
    There are three parts to the Sidekick:
    • Personality - Determines what the Sidekick might say in given situations. Could also include a custom battlecry.
    • Moveset - Since NPC AI is generally less detailed than human intelligence, it's not very feasible to give them the same ability tree as a player has. Instead, they get a smaller, but more flexible selection of attacks:
      • Shot - Backup ranged attack. For ranged-type sidekicks, this is their default attack.
      • Weak - Quick, default attack used by the character in melee range. For melee sidekicks, this is their default attack.
      • Assault - A powerful leading attack that is one of three types: A sniping blast, a maintained attack, or a powerful lunge.
      • Strong - A charged attack that can wreak havoc on a single, or multiple, targets.
      • Smash - A powerful, short-telegraphed attack that does grievous damage. Used once the sidekick is reduced to 1/2 health.
      • Utilities 1, 2, and 3 - Extra moves that can be used to aid the hero, or a sidekicks effectiveness. Includes heals, shields, blocks, and passives.
    • Appearance - Self-explanatory. Sidekicks can have their gender and name changed at any time (though it both costs a lot, and in the case of genderswap, it will erase the current costume.)
    Modification
    Beyond initial creation, Sidekicks can be given equipment. They use secondary pieces (offense, defense, utility) to boost their abilities, and also have slots for special mods. Mod slots vary with quality, but a Zstore-bought sidekick has 3 tactics slots, and 1 special slot.
    • Tactics slots: Adds commands to your power/device tray when the sidekick is active (much like vehicle weapons). This ability will have properties that change what your sidekick is doing at any given point.
      • Example Tactics: "Heal me!" "Stay Close" "Snipe Target" "Find Crafting Node" "Flee!" "Attack First!"
    • Special: These rare mods give your sidekick unusual traits that change how they play.
      • Example Specials: Giant Sidekick (Larger, more damage, less dodge), Wingman (Sidekick always stays/teleports right next to you), Resilient (Sidekick recovers health faster after being downed), Lifesaver (Sidekick stays up after you are killed for 30 seconds), Mimic (A very rare special that causes the sidekick to use the exact same attacks you do on a target of their choice.)

And next on the list of things that will never happen...

But really, CO content is too easy for a sidekick already and could you think of all the stupid looking sidekicks you'd see around? You'd think 'oh well it seems there are lots of people here at the moment, cool' before you find out that it's just loads of sidekicks that don't really do all that much. Don't want to put such a downer on the idea, it all sounds great. But to make it actually worth while to have in the game they would have to do lots of work on it, which could be spent doing other things that as we know also never get done. :)

I.M.P.@drimp in Champions (Careful that you don't get hit by falling bombs when dueling)
    Dr Imp@drimp in Neverwinter (Apparently I use hax and exploits, also I apparently payed to win)
    edited May 2013
    implin wrote: »
    And next on the list of things that will never happen...

But really, CO content is too easy for a sidekick already and could you think of all the stupid looking sidekicks you'd see around?

Way to be a pessimist.
    Sidekicks are not needed because the content is too hard to solo. They would add another level to what CO is best at: Customization.

And haven't you seen all those stupid looking player characters that are around here already? :tongue:
    edited May 2013
    Players would take it as a challenge to make the stupidest looking team of sidekicks and make it active at all times. I'd love it!
  • clogan2clogan2 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bumping this - Necroing it!

@cartun in-game!

Charles Logan
    Illustrator / Performer / Musician

On DeviantART
    On Facebook
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    Preview?imageID=12305185&generatorTypeID=&panels=&text0=&text1=That's%20my%20job!&text2=&text3=
    No, he raises undead heroes. This undead thread is about sidekicks. :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    No, he raises undead heroes. This undead thread is about sidekicks. :smile:

Eh, close enough.
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We need the side-kick system for sure!

I want a female qularr with 2 black pistols!
    Psi.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm... not entirely certain Qularr have genders.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    I'm... not entirely certain Qularr have genders.

*pumps shotgun*

I have a female qularr, with all lady parts, she IS an qularr and there will be.

You upset my wife, saying this

*aims shotgun and pumps*

Choice your next words,......CAREFULLY
    Psi.
  • bdragon4cobdragon4co Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I like the idea of custom sidekicks. Do it!