test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Digital Auras

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited October 2014 in Super News Network
Holograms, hex fields and binary, oh my! Our latest Aura pack adds six new full-body auras, all themed around digital tech effects, and is available now.

Fresh from the mechanical mayhem of Mechanon’s Steel Crusade, this aura pack is perfect for heroes focused on tech, or with careful color choice, inter-dimensional or magic-oriented heroes. This pack is now available for 475 ZEN.

Contents:
Binary Skin
Circuitry Skin
Holo Grid Skin
Hex Field Skin
Hologram Skin
Scan Line Skin

Read the blog here!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If these were unlocked for each character, i would buy them in a heart beat, but for that price and only getting one to share between them all, i think i'll pass. Which is a shame, because they do look pretty cool, but i have too many characters that could use them, but they're just too expensive to not be a costume unlock for everyone on the account.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Neato. Just the aura I was looking for.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Had an idea on PTS (the Other One, the backup plan in case Neo failed - black trench coat, black pants/shirt, black sunglasses, green Binary aura), but on consideration, I probably won't use it on Live - too much chance I'd get genericed. :cool:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Had an idea on PTS (the Other One, the backup plan in case Neo failed - black trench coat, black pants/shirt, black sunglasses, green Binary aura), but on consideration, I probably won't use it on Live - too much chance I'd get genericed. :cool:

You're missing the comic potential of The Other One being a total schlub who would drive Morpheus into regular panic attacks.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    I dont think Neo had a constant green binary aura in the movies, and calling him The Other One rather than Neeoooo or something should be fine.

maybe give him a cyborg visor instead of glasses?

Or the Joke Glasses, with the eyebrows and nose and such.
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
  • ogremindesogremindes Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If these were unlocked for each character, i would buy them in a heart beat, but for that price and only getting one to share between them all, i think i'll pass. Which is a shame, because they do look pretty cool, but i have too many characters that could use them, but they're just too expensive to not be a costume unlock for everyone on the account.

Likewise. Not gonna spend money on something that could vanish when I re-roll a character (which is often, even though I have the slots for more characters). Already lost a Dark Aura that way.

-Ogre
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If these were unlocked for each character, i would buy them in a heart beat, but for that price and only getting one to share between them all, i think i'll pass.
    I'd think it would be okay if we just got account-wide aura storage. If we could drag drop our auras when hopping characters without dealing with the hideout zoning it would convenient enough to work. And I would actually pay for that sort of storage, which I never do for the character specific type.
  • monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Were the auras fixed?
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    serpinecoh wrote: »
    I'd think it would be okay if we just got account-wide aura storage. If we could drag drop our auras when hopping characters without dealing with the hideout zoning it would convenient enough to work. And I would actually pay for that sort of storage, which I never do for the character specific type.

Aura storage NEEDs to work like this.

This really is a very nice set. I don't have a concept in mind for it yet, but the circuitry pattern would be perfect for a Phalanx style character, while the binary aura is one we've been asking for since Cybermind started lording it over us :P
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    aura Storage Needs To Work Like This.

/all the signatures!!!
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Another aura set I want but won't purchase because they don't unlock account-wide.

A. Work like costume sets and unlock for all characters

or

B. Have an Account-Wide Aura Inventory all characters can access anywhere without loading into the Hideout
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited October 2014
    An account-wide aura storage would be nice. Having to swap auras between characters via the hideout bank is the main factor keeping me from playing with auras on more than one character per the entire account.

Now, after seeing how the Cosmic Flame costumes had to be made with fixed colors, I understand that there's simply no way to made particle effects colorable in tailor. Ok, that's a technical limitation, I can understand it.

But account-wide aura storage should be feasible, as we already have two account-wide storage spaces: mailbox and hideout bank.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jonsills wrote: »

so do him green clothing, red aura and give everyone eyestrain. bright green/bright red
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• brasston2501brasston2501 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I agree that auras need to either be unlocked account wide so that any toon can use them without having to do an inventory swap.

OR

They should be significantly discounted.

Having them be just a little less than a travel power, or the same cost as a full costume set that unlocks for ALL of my characters, but being an inventory item that I could lose if I get a case of altaholism and delete a character without checking their inventory first is bad. Especially since the aura doesn't show up in the character select screen to kinda warn you that you are about to lose it. It's kept me from buying more auras after losing almost the entire glowing aura set and pieces of the fire ones.

I LIKE the auras. I love just about anything that adds more character customization to the game and these holographic auras are fantastic and would certainly suit several of my characters. But not at the price point and not at the risk that comes with accidentally deleting them. Sorry Perfect World. You could have made more of my money by unlocking the auras account wide, but as is they are a lost sale.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I wish there be Head Auras as well. Could have used Hologram Head.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • brasston2501brasston2501 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    I wish there be Head Auras as well. Could have used Hologram Head.

I agree. I bet it would look cool with the 'no head' option from the Cosmic Knight set.

I'd dig seeing an 'invisible' tights selection that makes the core body of your character invisible but lets you leave on things like pants, jackets, chest/arm/leg details etc. You could make an Invisible Wo/man character or layer on auras to create cool holographic characters.

I have one character that I did get auras on who combines stealth and the flame skin to make a cool transparent water/ripple effect.