test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just in case anyone was curious.

2»

Comments

• p0temk1np0temk1n Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sad to see you go, Taco. Good luck in greener pastures.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[thread=139701]My old, old guide for Ego Blades. Updated for On: Alert.[/thread]
    [thread=154211]The Costume Contest Schedule. Stay up-to-date without having to log in![/thread]
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I regret reading this thread, and I regret watching that video.

Zone chat, and the CO community will not be the same without you friend. It's a shame that the draconian action of this new developer team has chased away a CO community member that is very active and known on the forums, and within the game.

I hope your actions show as an example to the developer team, as to what the actual impact of their decisions do to the very concerned player base.

Like you, I also have invested a fairly large sum of money into this game, and am also a little more than annoyed at their recent choices when regarding the direction of the game's mechanics, and communication with the community.

I hope you one day return, "if" things get better for this game.

God speed.

caligastamp.png
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sorry to see you go like this.

For the record, the one mk II vehicle I have uses PB2 as its "single" target weapon. It's got 2 Rank 6 Bio Steels and 2 Rank 6 Targeting Computers. I don't have, nor want to farm, the Q to switch. (Especially after the pain of switching gear in DR ...ugh).

I never got in on the Incendiary Rounds farming, those things were too highly priced on the auction house.

I thought that while the idea of a weapon that sucks on its own but rocks if everyone uses them was nifty it would lead to everyone using them and was proven right. Yeah, Plasma Shear seemed like a nifty gimmick but if the damage was rolled into the power itself and averaged out between suck and rock it wouldn't have hurt my feelings.

My one mk II is packing only blues and it feels like I have a lot invested in it. Having built one in purples tuned for a specific setup, these last few changes would have been devastating.

PB needed a rework and retuning but what it got was just pants.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Chalk up one more person who's sad to see you go; I don't think we ever interacted, but you were one of the people I looked up to as an expert who really knew how the game worked. I wish you better luck wherever you end up.
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    you mean they keep narrowing the small list of effective powers until theres nothing left.

We have tons of worthless powers which need real HELP and all you can think of is nerfing. classic.

No, sorry I should of said nerfing and buffing up again. It keeps a rotation and interest instead of the exact same boring things happening over and over with minimal dev effort just to change a few numbers.

My point wasn't saying that nerfing stuff stupidly is exactly a good thing it's just way more interesting than nothing at all then some stupid vehicle things that don't really make much sense and aren't much fun to use.
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sad to see you go sir. Hope you find happiness elsewhere.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And that's generally why I don't socialize much. I don't need to reminded that most people are jerks.
  • novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I agree that most people are jerks . Some are cowards and attack you behind the back for even small things like those idiots supporting that blog. But there are also awesome people.

People who have helped me a lot. Special mention to Chaelk and Ashensnow. And these people are one of the reasons I stay.

P.S. don't get onto any of that stuff at the blog. Most of them are simply posts made for the sake of posting to hold the number of people following it. Only idiots follow such blogs.

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I haven't seen the blog myself, at least not the bit referring to capt moonlight. hopefully he's not getting blamed for anything the copy I saw was doing.

and Taco gets me, even in star trek.
    freinds notice pops up.

check list

T'werk @eviltaco

that completely disrupted the rest of the evening as my brain kept shifting back to an odd picture of a vulcan..
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    *hands out sedatives and cookies*

A little bit of calm is called for I think. Some ridiculous, hyperbolic nonsense has surfaced in this thread.

Take a deep breath guys.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • blattusblattus Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sorry to see you go, and hope to see you again someday in a better superhero MMO. 'Til then, good luck out there.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well that's an over-reaction all around. Some people need to get familiar with the concept of "sunk costs".
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I honestly think that most people are decent human beings.

I recognize however that a few noisy jerks can give the impression that people such as they are the norm.

The trick is to not let the latter change you into someone who cannot see the former.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm sorry to see you go, man. I was really hoping to see you when I got back on after getting my PC fixed. Really gonna miss you at Firewatch CCs. :(
    edited October 2014
    ashensnow wrote: »

I recognize however that a few noisy jerks can give the impression that people such as they are the norm.

The trick is to not let the latter change you into someone who cannot see the former.

You'd be wrong about that then. It's just plain fact that most people are just completely horrible.
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's just plain fact that most people are just completely horrible.
    Your facts disagree with mine. This is likely since they are both just opinions. :)

My opinion based on personal experience is that most people are just keeping their heads down most days and won't harm / help you unless it is to their personal benefit. This doesn't make them horrible or saintly, just typical. Now I admit it is easier to remember the exceptions of course, since by their nature they stick out. But I think its important to recognize the countless people who just brush passed us forgotten in life and didn't leave a trail of destruction as the norm.
    edited October 2014
    serpinecoh wrote: »
    Your facts disagree with mine. This is likely since they are both just opinions. :)

My opinion based on personal experience is that most people are just keeping their heads down most days and won't harm / help you unless it is to their personal benefit. This doesn't make them horrible or saintly, just typical. Now I admit it is easier to remember the exceptions of course, since by their nature they stick out. But I think its important to recognize the countless people who just brush passed us forgotten in life and didn't leave a trail of destruction as the norm.

For you: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/inaction.html

Inaction to stop evil is still evil.
    edited October 2014
    For you: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/inaction.html

Inaction to stop evil is still evil.

Oddly, while a lot of the quotes on that link of yours (some of which I've seen before and found very inspiring) talk about the benefits of action many don't go all the way to categorize inaction as *evil*: Unproductive certainly, but not evil. When shopping at the supermarket or walking down the street I usually do not witness a lot of overt acts of malice being committed that I need to step in on. So the majority of people you declare "completely horrible" a few posts back seem to be largely engaged in mundane, unaligned actions involving day-to-day survival: Those fiends.

Now I suppose you could make the argument that if an evil does happen in front of them, that they are evil if they don't respond. But would it really be evil for an untrained civilian (who could be a support component for a family unit) to be reluctant to harm themselves to prove their goodness? Some people are simply not capable, prepared, or positioned to make that sacrifice. This makes those that do step in heroes, but it does not exactly make those who don't do so villains.

To use recent game example: When a known scammer appears in zone and trade recently, multiple people start declaring "Hey, its a known scammer." They do this in spite of getting a lot of negative pushback from others to shut up and go back to talking about Grond, people telling them there are no scams or that victims deserve it, the scammers responding by accusing them back, having to stomach people using it as an opportunity to insult the game, etc. They do this, one would assume, because they want to protect other community members from being harmed. Why would this happen if the bulk of people are inherently horrible? In simple terms, why would bad people be trying to protect bad people from bad people?

And wouldn't declaring the bulk of people to be completely horrible be encouraging inaction of the worst sort? Just who do we work to protect if we assume most everybody is a monster?
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well I'm sorry to see you go. May you find new love in another game.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ashensnow wrote: »

Well so you just revealed your trick :P

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
    edited October 2014
    You'd be wrong about that then. It's just plain fact that most people are just completely horrible.

“We see the world, not as it is, but as we are──or, as we are conditioned to see it.” - Stephen R. Covey

I've found that people are generally inclined to be both helpful and critical of one another, with true human terribleness emerging only as a response to equally terrible circumstances. I've also found that people who think everyone is nasty tend to have a habit of making people treat them that way with their own behavior, behavior that is generally motivated by insecurity.
    edited October 2014
    Now I suppose you could make the argument that if an evil does happen in front of them, that they are evil if they don't respond. But would it really be evil for an untrained civilian (who could be a support component for a family unit) to be reluctant to harm themselves to prove their goodness? Some people are simply not capable, prepared, or positioned to make that sacrifice. This makes those that do step in heroes, but it does not exactly make those who don't do so villains.

That's precisely what I'm talking about. And, actually, I disagree. While not "villains" per se, they are the villain's accomplice by their own refusal to act.
    To use recent game example: When a known scammer appears in zone and trade recently, multiple people start declaring "Hey, its a known scammer." They do this in spite of getting a lot of negative pushback from others to shut up and go back to talking about Grond, people telling them there are no scams or that victims deserve it, the scammers responding by accusing them back, having to stomach people using it as an opportunity to insult the game, etc. They do this, one would assume, because they want to protect other community members from being harmed. Why would this happen if the bulk of people are inherently horrible? In simple terms, why would bad people be trying to protect bad people from bad people?

The actions of the former are commendable, but the actions of the latter prove that humans prefer selfishness over generosity.
    And wouldn't declaring the bulk of people to be completely horrible be encouraging inaction of the worst sort? Just who do we work to protect if we assume most everybody is a monster?

Most is not all, but there are indeed enough selfish bipedal creatures to make one jaded. Still, one should try in hoping to find one of those few prized gems among the filth.
    spinnytop wrote: »
    “We see the world, not as it is, but as we are──or, as we are conditioned to see it.” - Stephen R. Covey

I've found that people are generally inclined to be both helpful and critical of one another, with true human terribleness emerging only as a response to equally terrible circumstances. I've also found that people who think everyone is nasty tend to have a habit of making people treat them that way with their own behavior, behavior that is generally motivated by insecurity.

Ah. Victim blaming. Typical of one of your ilk.
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Argue about this all you want, it is not our place as ordinary community members to police this forum or the game in any way. In fact, all we are supposed to and empowered to do is take screenshots and videos and use the report functions for PWI and the game and the forum. Take it to the reps in charge.

Attempting to police the forum or the game is itself moddable and disallowed.

You do not get to call me or anyone else here 'evil' or 'an accomplice to evil' for not getting involved, when the forum rules state that we should not get ourselves involved, other than to flag and report problematic posts and threads.
  • lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2014

So the people who are terrible, get a free pass?
    And the Victim, is just like them?

Or are you saying something entirely different?

In looking at your post... it seems you are saying the victim brings this behavior upon themselves, no?
    edited October 2014

In looking at your post... it seems you are saying the victim brings this behavior upon themselves, no?

I think what spinnytop was saying is that a number of those people who declare that the world is filled with jerks turn out to actually have been the jerks themselves all along.

I used to have a friend who got kicked out of every gaming group and circle of friends he associated with, and then would spend hours meticulously explaining how the people in it were horrible. As an example of his behaviors, when playing 40k he complained for weeks about the overpowered nature of tyranid monstrous creatures (bio tanks essentially) used against him *in a game that he still won* (and had derisively offered the opponent the opportunity to concede the round before the creatures hit combat), and on another occasion had broke into violent yelling when somebody chose to back up their forces into cover. There was also the cursing about it being bull@*@ every time the massed fire of an entire unit of troops brought down a *single* one of his marines. While declaring everybody else to be cheaters and much more vulgar things it never once dawned on him that he might be the problem.
    Still, one should try in hoping to find one of those few prized gems among the filth.

If all a typical person can manage is being a cubic zirconia, I'm okay with that. :)
    edited October 2014
    Ah. Victim blaming. Typical of one of your ilk.

Pray tell, point out this victim who I am blaming, and what I am blaming them for.

I'm not really sure how you interpreted that from what I said... so in all honestly, I have no response to the question other than: of course not, why would anyone say or think that?

At this point I'm going to have to ask how the word "victim" became involved? You seem to have convinced yourself that I wrote something about victims. And who is this "them" that you think I'm saying they're just like?

Again, what victim? I didn't mention one.

Yes.

I think what spinnytop was saying is that a number of those people who declare that the world is filled with jerks turn out to actually have been the jerks themselves all along.

I used to have a friend who got kicked out of every gaming group and circle of friends he associated with, and then would spend hours meticulously explaining how the people in it were horrible. As an example of his behaviors, when playing 40k he complained for weeks about the overpowered nature of tyranid monstrous creatures (bio tanks essentially) used against him *in a game that he still won* (and had derisively offered the opponent the opportunity to concede the round before the creatures hit combat), and on another occasion had broke into violent yelling when somebody chose to back up their forces into cover. There was also the cursing about it being bull@*@ every time the massed fire of an entire unit of troops brought down a *single* one of his marines. While declaring everybody else to be cheaters and much more vulgar things it never once dawned on him that he might be the problem.

Serpinecoh understood it.
    edited October 2014
    Well it could be that you weren't particularly clear because the way it was worded looked like you were saying people who treat others poorly were somehow "provoked" by something in their victim.
  • lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well it could be that you weren't particularly clear because the way it was worded looked like you were saying people who treat others poorly were somehow "provoked" by something in their victim.
    This is exactly what I was seeing.

She said, it wasn't the case. So... case closed on my end.
    edited October 2014

It wasn't unclear though.
    I've also found that people who think everyone is nasty tend to have a habit of making people treat them that way with their own behavior, behavior that is generally motivated by insecurity.

Notice the part I highlighted. It doesn't say "people who get treated poorly".
  • oddbirdyoddbirdy Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm sad to see you go. You were a cool presence on the game and a huge asset to the community, especially here on the forums.

That said, I totally understand that if you can't enjoy the game anymore (even if that's because of others who play it and not the game itself) that there's no point in playing. I hope this topic helps some of those rude players recognize how devastating their actions can be to others and that they change, though I honestly hold little hope for that.
    edited October 2014
    It wasn't unclear though.

Notice the part I highlighted. It doesn't say "people who get treated poorly".

Wouldn't someone who gets treated poorly a lot think everyone was nasty, though?
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am certain I never really talked to you in-game but I did talk to you on the forums a few times.

It is sad to see you go because you really were helpful and from what I read not only to the players and the community but I would THINK to the Devs as well. You have made GREAT suggestions and breakdowns in the past to try to explain a path to fixing Vehicle issues but I have yet to see it really happen in any way. That is a real shame.

I know there is a group who really hates the Vehicles and thinks they have the sole focus of Cryptic and therefore are nudging out everything else. That is probably the group who gives you the most grief for being upset over this nerf bat mauling. However, I am guessing from your post that you sort of expected that group to be jerks but it is very sad to hear that your friends basically took a dump on you too. I guess it is good to know where you really stand with someone... :rolleyes:

At any rate I do not know if you believe you will ever be returning but I hope you can be happy in whatever you decide to do and do not regret that decision to delete everything too much in the future. I will say this though: I did that for one game a long while ago and honestly... I have not regretted it since. So maybe you will likewise just look back at the good times while they lasted and say it was worth it at that time and move along forward without regret.
    edited October 2014
    Wouldn't someone who gets treated poorly a lot think everyone was nasty, though?

Wouldn't someone who acts nasty to people get treated poorly a lot? :)
    edited October 2014
    Wouldn't someone who acts nasty to people get treated poorly a lot? :)

Not in my observation. Usually they're the ones that are the most popular and have loads of like-minded jerks for friends.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Not in my observation. Usually they're the ones that are the most popular and have loads of like-minded jerks for friends.

Maybe during school days, but not after. I avoid social circles like that both online and irl. Makes life easier. There are plenty of good and interesting folks to get to know and hang out with.

And Taco? I hope some day you will come back to the game to hang out with your genuine friends. Champagne for your real friends and real pain for your sham friends XD
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ok, let me clarify. One of our GMs was nice enough to slap me in the head and fix my account. He gets a bit of needless hate, and it's rather unwarranted because he was LEGIT when all of this went down. He did a ton of work, and I'm appreciative. He also promised to bring up my now sorta trivial concerns to the bosses in a meeting, which was amazing of him.

Anyone here know what TOR is? It's an anonymous web browser that you can use to access the web via a proxy that's rather hard to trace, and you can generate throwaway email accounts via a few services. They're easy to spot, they have addresses like tor2mail and tormail, you need a .onion to even access the site, and when you get an email from one you know it. I can send one to one of y'all if you want, I've become very clear about what this thing is over the last month or so.

I had pictures emailed to my private account, which is connected to some things I've put forth on massively and such, because they all request you log in with a legit email.It's not too difficult to track down who I am. These pictures involved my son, and pics of my house, and basically said some pretty vile things that were rather "I know where you live, shut the hell up". I think we all recognize that I'm a dumbass loudmouth on this community, and I think it finally came back to bite me.

I'm not gonna back down, but I did move. I will not be sharing where I live online anymore for obvious reasons. Long story short, I got doxxed. I was freaked right the hell out, and that prompted what I did earlier. Make no mistake, I think 99% of y'all are AMAZING. I'm not calling out this community as a whole for a darn thing. There's a segment of us, and I don't know who they are, who honestly want to see this game fail. Hurt the people who vocally love it. I was *stupid* for giving in to that. Our friendly neighborhood GM and a few friends showed me this fact.

At this point? I'm adopting a "come at me bro" stance to all of it. I can't report the people that sent me those emails, but I can definitely report it if it comes at me in game. If it comes at me IRL? I've taken precautions.

I'd prefer it if this were locked at this point, I'll be deleting that youtube video. This reaction was stupid, and feel free to let me have it in game if you want. I probably deserve it. I'm never gonna say it was an over-reaction, but I will 100% admit it wasn't the *correct* reaction.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Closed by request of thread author.
    biffsig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.