test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cleaning thread

skylygerskylyger Posts: 227 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
I recall very much venom directed at those frustrated and put off by the Eye Beam nerf, the Mini Mine Nerf, the nerf to the DoT on Scything Blade that yes while it was needing pve adjustment due to the potential it had against much higher lvl mobs, it was the at the time only reliable way to open up the old uber tank pvp builds who where the only ones actually QQing about it in the forums.

Nor is EvilTaco the first to forsake LTS, in fact so many did that at this games launch it remains the best unspoken rumored reason for why CO went so flatline after launch. After all prior to launch and the initial LTS sales, they hyped up how such upfront player investments would lead to much stronger initial development then any other MMO had ever known.

Feeling what you do, the bitterness, the anger, the frustration, are all fitting and appropriate, the sin rest with the community who has for a long time failed to police their own justly and instead took part in abuse.

Many are the reasons to leave champions the game, many are the reasons to linger on the forums and fight the good fight to protect others from coming to this cursed place.

So while you should never again log into the game evil taco, do not yield to the ones who have tainted this game, come to these forums, and join the war to make Cryptic hear, learn, and become better, to do more, rather then leave them to be manipulated by the cancerous faction.

Though its a war we cant win, its still one worth fighting every bitter battle of, like the punisher who knows no end to crime will ever be found, he refuses to stop fighting.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell
Post edited by skylyger on

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Taco are you just suffering from depression?

The deleting the character thing just looks to me like some kind of bi-polar reaction, like 'going off the deep end' and spending all your money or trashing all your beloved possessions, disregarding family and friends and running away from home.

I invested zero in the vehicles and would have locked the devs in a the root cellar of a cabin in the woods to stop them from continuing to develop them if I could have, but nothing as crazy as what you are doing.

Root cellar quarantine is totally normal, I saw it in a movie once.

You need some hugs and to get out in the sunlight more.
    A video game should not upset you so much.

you dont have very strong reading skills do you bud. This has nothing to do really with the nerf to vehicles, its that his rose tinted glasses where pulled off his face by those he had once viewed not merely as allies, but friends.

When a friend slaps you in the face, takes your glasses, and stomps them to dust you dont really want to keep hanging out at the same bar as that former friend. Nor keep company with those who still choose to associate with them.

A toxic community will kill the best of games. DDO for years has suffered the stigma of the most toxic of communities for new comers to try and become a part of, but so to has CO long held the stigma of hate mongering among its own population, divided between the brother hood of the gamer, and those loyal dogs of the company.

No gamer for any reason should ever side with the company against a fellow gamer, yet since launch the hate against those who played clones, and the need to play rent a pig for the corporation has given birth to an ever widening wedge.

Id never quit a game if a toon got genericed, I would however if it had come not because Id gotten the attention of some admin by being to public with it, but rather because a fellow player wanted to play tattle tales online is a reason to never log in again.
  • Options
    bdragon4cobdragon4co Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It always amazes me how seriously people take this game. I dont mean to hurt anyone's feelings, but if a little known Superhero MMO upsets you so much, you should probably pick up a new hobby. Something relaxing like knitting or painting. There is more to the world than Champions Online, you know. I mean, I like the game, but its not my life.
  • Options
    novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    bdragon4co wrote: »
    It always amazes me how seriously people take this game. I dont mean to hurt anyone's feelings, but if a little known Superhero MMO upsets you so much, you should probably pick up a new hobby. Something relaxing like knitting or painting. There is more to the world than Champions Online, you know. I mean, I like the game, but its not my life.

Touch

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Being unhappy about nerfs is one thing, but to take it out on the community to the point of name calling people for not agreeing with you is BS.

If you do this, you have NO RIGHT to complain when people are negative back to you, nor should you be blaming other people for being negative when you are as well.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    skylyger wrote: »
    ...but so to has CO long held the stigma of hate mongering among its own population, divided between the brother hood of the gamer, and those loyal dogs of the company.

[citation needed]
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited October 2014
    *looks at the topic*
    *reads through the OP*
    *again looks at the author*

Can we have this topic nuked into oblivion, as it pretty much starts with a delusional incoherent rambling and can not end with anything else but a delusional incoherent rambling?

:wink:

Unless it's kept just for its trainwreck comedy value, that's it.

Edit:
    And, yes. Speak for yourself, not for the other people. Especially when you can harm their reputation by them being connected to you.
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dont speak for taco.
    taco quit because of toxic behavior from people he thought of as friends not because of the nerf.
    i still talk to taco, dont use him for your own agenda.
  • Options
    spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Can we have this topic nuked into oblivion, as it pretty much starts with a delusional incoherent rambling and can not end with anything else but a delusional incoherent rambling?

:wink:

Unless it's kept just for its trainwreck comedy value, that's it.

I second my good Decepticon friend here.
    tumblr_moni7tHVoq1rzu2xzo1_500.gif
  • Options
    xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    For f's sake it's just a video game. Chill out already. Play it or don't, spend money on it or don't, Enjoy it or move on. You're not winning any support by hanging around as dead weight and calling people dogs because they happen to support something they enjoy.

You're the one being toxic, you're the one trying to drive people away...and for what, the most pointless crusade in human history?

Get over it.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Apparently, Sky believes that if he can get everyone to stop playing CO and the game folds, that will somehow make City of Titans spring into existence full-blown and bug-free, like Aphrodite from the forehead of Zeus. This is totally ludicrous, of course, but that doesn't dissuade him from trying to start discontent in the forums (as if most of the players were even aware the forums are here...).

And EvilTaco still plays Cryptic games - we were hanging out in Tau Dewa last night, orbiting the Nimbus system and listening to everyone crying about the exploits in that sector being nerfed - just not CO. I'm hoping minds will change later, but only time will tell...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Id just like to point out i didnt start this thread. My posts where originally in another thread where Etaco was stating his intent to leave CO for good.

I was in full support of his reasons why.

I dont care about city of titans, nor would I even return to city of heroes if it sprang back tomorrow, with its death i found the will to forever break free of my MMO addiction.

I have NO idea why this so called cleaning thread was made, or which forum moderator took it upon themselves to do so. I assume its Biff once again abusing his community mod status to make personal attacks with no fear of consequence like is typical of the lap dogs of the corporation.

Now certainly my posts where far from kind towards cryptic. but as always I clearly state the intent is to force their hand to try and be better.

I will never forget Cryptic gave us the gem that was city of heroes, nor forgive that they nearly killed it many years earlier then its final end.

Champions could easily outshine all other MMO, and be a great game in its own right outside the MMO circle, but not as long as they choose to treat it like something to be used to milk fans of the genre rather then give them the game they deserve.

And for those who would say well you cant expect them to take chances, that is exactly what I expect of companies who want to be the best. to push the standard, take the risk, and seize the reward of a strong and loyal population of loyal players.

Spend money to make money, not take money to keep taking money.
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Feeling what you do, the bitterness, the anger, the frustration, are all fitting and appropriate, the sin rest with the community who has for a long time failed to police their own justly and instead took part in abuse.

Sky, shut your pie-hole.

This community and no members within it [except for the moderators so empowered by it's designated Cryptic Community Representatives, I.E.; Kaizarin and Biffsmackwell] have neither the responsibility nor even the right to police this community in any way, nor does it make us sinners for choosing to not involve ourselves in toxic conversations and arguments. Attempting to police ourselves here is a moddable offense, get it?

I honestly feel for your loss when your old account went missing, and I suspect I'd also be bitter as you are, but you are going far too far, and you certainly don't have the right to spew bile at and refer to anyone who isn't joining your banner as a "sinner" nor any other name.

Many are the reasons to leave champions the game, many are the reasons to linger on the forums and fight the good fight to protect others from coming to this cursed place.

There is no good reason to linger where you no longer feel welcome nor productive. You are poisoning your own well, and not allowing yourself to move on and find new joy is going to continue to bring you more pain and suffering for no reason other than your own bullheaded anger and stubbornness.

Never mind the fact that there is literally nobody here who wants to read your anger either, you yourself need to pack it up and move on to something you find fun and enjoyable. This isn't a war, it isn't a social justice situation.

It's a game.

So while you should never again log into the game evil taco, do not yield to the ones who have tainted this game, come to these forums, and join the war to make Cryptic hear, learn, and become better, to do more, rather then leave them to be manipulated by the cancerous faction.

Inciting others to moddable and bannable actions is itself a moddable and bannable offense.

Eviltaco isn't as bitter as you wish he was. I just talked to him yesterday. he's hurt and angry, but it isn't 'the game' it's some of the people he surrounded himself with here that he thought were his friends.
    I assume its Biff once again abusing his community mod status to make personal attacks with no fear of consequence like is typical of the lap dogs of the corporation.

Now certainly my posts where far from kind towards cryptic. but as always I clearly state the intent is to force their hand to try and be better.

You should be very, very glad that I didn't become a moderator here. Biff has shown great restraint at your ridiculous antics. I'd have sent notice to have you banned as an admitted non-player that was only here to poison the community ages ago.

I mean, you just admitted it again, and called one of the people who make decisions about your status here a lap dog and power abuser.

It's like you want to be banned or something. Maybe it would help you move on. Force you to move on, as it were. Are you psychologically asking for help?

And thank you so much for getting me, a normally temperate member of this community, who actually sympathizes with your plight and the original reason you became so bitter, annoyed enough to post this.
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    (undermining his own authority)

*snap*

If somebody was truly "abusing" their mod status, your posts would have been redirected to /dev/null. Giving you your own thread was actually a promotion, and it was far more generous than you deserve.

You should be banned from this forum. After all, you not only have no stake in the success of this game, you want no stake in it, by your own admission that you don't play MMOs any longer. You claiming that you're trying to "help" this game is like a vegan walking into a steakhouse and telling the chef that he's improving the food by p***ing in the soup.

And if anybody from COHTitan or Missing Worlds Media is lurking here, then I'd encourage them to ban you as well. Regardless of which superhero game we're playing, making, or longing for, we are all part of the same community. We've had to fight tooth-and-nail for everything we've ever had, meager as it has been at times.The last thing we need is a confessed outsider whose sole purpose in holding an account is to pick fights and hurl insults in the forums, then cry about how "toxic" we are when we call you on it.

I don't have the power to ban you anywhere, but I'm going to draw a line in the sand anyway, right here and now. You want to improve Champions Online? Put your money where your mouth is and play. Otherwise, stop crying when you get hauled out of the room for contributing nothing but anger and noise.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2014
    Locking thread, taking some actions.
This discussion has been closed.