test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hello, I'm new!

worffan101worffan101 Posts: 9,518 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Introductions
Hello, everyone! I'm worffan101, and I'm new here (obviously).

I'm a fairly regular STO player who decided to try out CO because I like superheros.

So far, I'm having fun; love the open and self-aware cheesiness of this game, having a lot of fun with the flying mechanic, and enjoying punching out bad guys.

I spawned a massive and long-running RP/joke on the STO forums, and I write stories over there. I may do the latter here as well. Not sure yet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Welcome to Champions!!

We have cake, and it's not a lie! :biggrin::biggrin:
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • Options
    gaarafrednorrispgaarafrednorrisp Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    New person! Quick, murder him and steal his soul before the others do!
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
  • Options
    kharma23kharma23 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Welcome to CO! Have fun and try as many travel powers as you can, they're a blast!

You're a lunatic with a mad man's dream of a milk proof robot!

Yeah, about travel powers--when do I get them, after my first?
  • Options
    novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Yeah, about travel powers--when do I get them, after my first?

Second travel power unlocks at lv 35. And welcome!

P.s. if you do not like your current travel power you can always untrain at the powerhouse and pick another

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Second travel power unlocks at lv 35. And welcome!

P.s. if you do not like your current travel power you can always untrain at the powerhouse and pick another

Thank you!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Greetings, puny mortal, I am an emissary of the mighty Tacofangs. Swear allegiance to him and you may live.

[/rp]

hehe.... I got several of the Takophanes costume bits in the last Bloodmoon. So I decided to wear the Takophanes logo to honor Tacofangs. (points at link in sig)
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Welcome, Worffan! You'll probably mostly see me on as Lawgiver, Starbolt, or Captain Punchfist for a while, as those are the ones I want to level most right now...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Welcome, Worffan! You'll probably mostly see me on as Lawgiver, Starbolt, or Captain Punchfist for a while, as those are the ones I want to level most right now...

Nice to see you here, jonsills!

Drop me a PM sometime and we can meet up!
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Welcome new person. Please accept this bottle of eye bleach. You'll need it after viewing conversations in Zone.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    sterga wrote: »
    Welcome new person. Please accept this bottle of eye bleach. You'll need it after viewing conversations in Zone.

Eh, I've hung around ESD while Dental was breaking up an impromptu public ERP session AND about ten numbnuts were arguing about politics. :eek:

I can handle a lot.

But thanks for the warning!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, once you've hung out at ESD (or on Risa during a summer event), Zone here seems pretty tame.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    If you want to avoid the zone chat, just go to Canada. It's almost deathly quiet there. Actually, as a general rule zone chat is dead everywhere BUT MC....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Dead in the sense never used.

What's ur time zone in ST? (That clock under the mini-map)

I am up at 3-6 ST on Sundays and 5-7 ST on Saturdays (both times in PM) maybe we can meet up? I love meeting new peopl!

Characters: Mentix ; Catmander Claw

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Did I just kill this thread?

~me
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    that or it was me, it's hard to be sure....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Man, this game is fun...

The open, self-admitted, winking cheesiness is absolutely glorious.

Finally beat Shadow Destroyer; turns out I had to kill his crystal things first, then kill his demon thing.

Not much of a reward for so much effort, but hey, it was fun to punch the dude out repeatedly. And I LOVE the massive amounts of ham and cheese heaped all over the chewed-up scenery. It makes the whole world come alive with the genre.

Did the shadow cult thing, too, and stopped Luther Black in the demon world. That was a ton of fun; the demon's little comment about "just ascend already and spare us the pain of your pretentious monologue" had me laughing so hard I got killed twice.

Massive amounts of fun.
  • Options
    pahwraithpahwraith Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've been a member of this forum for four years, but I quit playing until recently.

What do I need to do to be able to post new threads? I want to get some feedback on my build.
  • Options
    ethershardethershard Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hello, I'm new as well. My main (and only so far) character is Calamity Doll, using the Behemoth Tank AT and is currently at lvl 16.
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    pahwraith wrote: »
    I've been a member of this forum for four years, but I quit playing until recently.

What do I need to do to be able to post new threads? I want to get some feedback on my build.

Is that why these forums are so dead, with only the same people posting that have been posting for years?
    Posting lock out for new/returning players is a terrible way to build a community.
    Very unwelcoming.

Welcome anyway new people, the desperate mumbling from your taped over mouths is appreciated.