test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Darkness DPS/support/"totally not a tank"

jimhsuajimhsua Posts: 1 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Builds and Roles
So since I'm actually liking support (but not the stupid interface), I decided to roll another one. Sticking pretty closely to theme (ego/darkness) here, with the Seraphim passive. Purpose is to provide enough support/debuffing on rampages to be useful without clicking on people, while not being totally lolz/boring to play solo or on alert content.

Just a quick look over, for any obvious mistakes. Running on Support role. Currently facetanks Powerhouse, without use of the AD and minimal defense gearing (the incoming HPS is insane). Single target DPS is .. bleh (but hard to test, b/c no compassion stacks).

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name:

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Presence (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Intelligence (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Radiant
Level 6: Diplomatic
Level 9: Healthy Mind
Level 12: Shrug It Off
Level 15: Quick Recovery
Level 18: Lasting Impression
Level 21: Negotiator

Powers:
Level 1: Shadow Bolt
Level 1: Shadow Embrace (Rank 2, Dark Displacement)
Level 6: Compassion
Level 8: Seraphim (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Conviction (Rank 2, Reverence)
Level 14: Lifedrain (Rank 2, Vampiric Sympathy)
Level 17: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
Level 20: Unbreakable
Level 23: Ascension (Rank 2)
Level 26: Ebon Ruin (Rank 2, Nyctophobia, Paranormal Paranoia)
Level 29: Mental Storm (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 32: Molecular Self-Assembly
Level 35: Redemption (Salvation)
Level 38: Ego Sleep (Plagued by Nightmares)

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Acrobatics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Flight (Rank 2)

Specializations:
Presence: Repurpose (2/3)
Presence: Grandeur (3/3)
Presence: Moment of Glory (3/3)
Presence: Vulnerability (2/2)
Sentinel: Caregiver (2/3)
Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
Sentinel: Moment of Need (3/3)
Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
Overseer: Administer (3/3)
Overseer: Ruthless (2/2)
Overseer: Impact (2/2)
Overseer: Trapped (3/3)
Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jamesbonnelljamesbonnell Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is quite close to my latest build on my builds thread, Huntsman, although you didn't go pets / shield and I didn't do AOs, ADs, Seraphim, Ebon Ruin, or the Rez.

Well, okay, they're supports with Sentinel Mastery, Lifedrain, Ego Sleep, and Mental Storm. I guess that's the only actual commonality, but that's so dominant to the build(s) that

As you know, Seraphim and Sentinel will stack Compassion - if you wanted to swap out one of your AOs (maybe ES/NM) for, say, Sigils of Ebon Weakness or Sigils of Radiant Sanctuary (more passive healing and -threat), you'd get autostacking of compassion pretty easily in combat due to healing the pet(s).

Of course, Sigils are toasted easily in Rampages, but .. just an idea. Or some pet or other if you don't mind having one to resummon. Maybe the angel or support drones for even more nontargeted healing.

Otherwise, looks fairly similar. If I'd seen this one first I might have redone my specializations a little differently - OTOH extra defense (even with a defensive support passive like AoRP) is not a bad thing.

Sentinel Mastery is GREAT.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As you know, Seraphim and Sentinel will stack Compassion - if you wanted to swap out one of your AOs (maybe ES/NM) for, say, Sigils of Ebon Weakness or Sigils of Radiant Sanctuary (more passive healing and -threat), you'd get autostacking of compassion pretty easily in combat due to healing the pet(s).

Of course, Sigils are toasted easily in Rampages, but .. just an idea. Or some pet or other if you don't mind having one to resummon. Maybe the angel or support drones for even more nontargeted healing.
    Ebon Sigils are great for Frosticus (as can be Rebirth for pugs). You could always make it the last power for retraining, and use something diff for Gravi (like Mental Leech or a healing pet) or alerts/grinding (like TK Maelstrom).

Its a solid support build. Not sure about unranked Unbreakable, though perhaps its for minor res protection. Would prob pick up Selfless Ally too.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • jimhsuajimhsua Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sample F&I run (our of 4; I still need one where I'm the sole healer to really test this build).

mvdD7FJ.png

Heals just fine, though I'd be concerned about spike damage to the tank (and leave Ascension for those). I'll consider the sigils, though I have plenty of damage debuffing thus far (daggers hit the tank for about 14k base damage, down from 20k.)
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    In my support builds w/ passive healing like Sentinel stuff I find that Ascension does a surprising amount of healing when used frequently and at the right time in Rampages. I think my primary healer actually took Vindicator since he had 3-set Justice's Offense.

Prob not as much vs. Frosty just cause dagger dmg takes so much healing, but def in the other Rampages and alerts, it and Sent Mastery are workhorses.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!