test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Warlord speedrun groups are ruining

spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
So when did they patch in that teleport that teleports you to the end of Warlord if the fight starts? Apparently I haven't not been in the room when the fight started before today xD
Post edited by spinnytop on

Comments

• Options
    solardynamosolardynamo Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I find it super annoying that this is the new "thing" to do. I've seen a few newer plays get totally screwed and left behind.

Of course this happens in the smash alerts now too where you fight 3 tough henchmen first and people are just flying over them to the boss. And in other grab alerts, seems like run for the boss is now the new troll move.
    inS6EEjxY0bBVXuqyVWD1NidpgxpduJXW5_YMzhL0zc?size=1280x960&size_mode=2
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    So when did they patch in that teleport that teleports you to the end of Warlord if the fight starts? Apparently I haven't not been in the room when the fight started before today xD

My Interpret-O-tron is having fits with this one.

Are you saying:
    -IF someone starts the fight with Warlord, ALL players get teleported INTO his room?
    or
    -something else

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Of course this happens in the smash alerts now too where you fight 3 tough henchmen first and people are just flying over them to the boss. And in other grab alerts, seems like run for the boss is now the new troll move.

This is the winning strategy and has been from the start.
    Jump over the trash mobs, get the bosses attention, pull him through the trash mobs and bring the whole group of jerks to the police to take advantage of the extra fire power while hitting four enemies with five people's AoE.

Doing the same lame step of hitting the trash mobs, then going for the boss is a boring waste of time and can often lead to people being knocked into side mobs, causing more waste of time and maybe loss of the alert which was super common when that alert was for xp and had lower level characters.

If you want to be a chump and fight those first three enemies while I solo the boss back to the cops, be my guest.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If the alert doesn't require you to defeat anything but the boss, why are you wasting time on mooks you can bypass?
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    warcanch wrote: »
    My Interpret-O-tron is having fits with this one.

Are you saying:
    -IF someone starts the fight with Warlord, ALL players get teleported INTO his room?
    or
    -something else

Except of the Annoying Speedrunners who rush to the Boss room locking all the PUG members out and some of the Rush just to SOLO the boss locking the other 4 out (if you do that you are Worst than Devil)

there are also Exploiters who somehow managed to find a way to Instant Teleport to Warlord Room

We had a WHOLE THREAD ABOUT IT here and I have no idea how they manage to do that? Exploit DEVs/GM Commands? Map Glitch?

This still hasn't been fixed? I chose correctly to NOT farm warlord this time, still recovering from the bad memories
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    avianos wrote: »
    Except of the Annoying Speedrunners who rush to the Boss room locking all the PUG members out and some of the Rush just to SOLO the boss locking the other 4 out (if you do that you are Worst that Devil)

there are also Exploiters who somehow managed to find a way to Instant Teleport to Warlord Room

Exploit DEVs/GM Commands?

It's definately that, you got it right.

Type
    /login_account_@lordgar
    /password_12345ragdrol
    /teleporttlastroomofwarlord_me
  • Options
    gaarafrednorrispgaarafrednorrisp Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    everyone knows Lordgar's password is hunter2

noob.
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    If you want to be a chump and fight those first three enemies while I solo the boss back to the cops, be my guest.

So I guess all new people playing in the last couple months and toons that can't fly are all chumps. Yeah, like I said...seems to be the new "thing" to screw other people over. Takes what? A quick stop with other people to drop those first three and then lure out the boss? Yeah so hard to do...
    If the alert doesn't require you to defeat anything but the boss, why are you wasting time on mooks you can bypass?

The point is some people can't bypass, I thought was clear. I've seen people get left in all sorts of places (in Warlord I've watch people get screwed bad) and then get wiped over and over because it.

Funny for a "hero" game to have people step up and proclaim that helping other people is the chump move and screwing them over is the in thing. Heroic.
  • Options
    riltmosriltmos Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I thought this was going to be a complaint about how people with overpowered builds made Warlord trivial. I kind of wish it was, and what is worse is that it's apparently an exploit that is around a year old that still has not been fixed.
  • Options
    blattusblattus Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Funny for a "hero" game to have people step up and proclaim that helping other people is the chump move and screwing them over is the in thing. Heroic.

That's the pro raider/speed runner mentality for you. The superhero theme of the game means even less to them than the well-being of their fellow players, if that's even possible. The order of the day is total domination, grab everything you can get your hands on, and step over anyone who gets in the way.

There are plenty of ways Cryptic (or any studio) can deal with jackasses like this, but it requires them to pay close attention to what's going on in their game, and a willingness to make tough decisions. These can range from modifying existing content to head such problems off, all the way to perma-banning popular, high-profile offenders in order to send a harsh message.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Don't forget the the jerks who Bypass MOBs in Fury of the Dragon with Ascension to fly straight to Hi-pan, ignoring the PUG members

Those people need to get hit with a Bolt of Divine Retribution for doing that
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    jimhsuajimhsua Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sure, steamrolling through warlord is the thing to do (I do it, certainly). But I don't see 4 people in the anteroom, I go back. Always. It's simply more heroic :biggrin:.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So I guess all new people playing in the last couple months and toons that can't fly are all chumps. Yeah, like I said...seems to be the new "thing" to screw other people over. Takes what? A quick stop with other people to drop those first three and then lure out the boss? Yeah so hard to do..

It's not about 'screwing other people over'.
    Most of the times i pull the boss to the 1st mob group.
    Or wait that every villain group there gets aggroed when someone swooshes to them...
    Sometimes it's no problem and sometime it is.
    Tactics. Not just mindless run in and beat stuff up.

The door swings both ways.

I just rather use /bind "Hold on. Pulling the boss!"
    But then again, some people are unable to read the chat.

So sometimes it's just easier to sit on a rooftop and eat popcorn.

And the 'teleporting to Warlord' is annoying as hell.
    Devs just should make the Optional Rescue of Scientists mandatory, so you just can't run thru the map to the last room.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Oh I get it... that's not actually a thing that Cryptic patched in, it's actually an exploit that I happened to get swept up in. Okay well that explains why Warlord died in 5 seconds as well.

Okay never mind, go back to calling each other evil for how you do smash alerts... u3u
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yes, it's the exploit that's used when;
    a) 5 eruptions to get invulnerability got fixed
    b) you don't do ascension and fly over mobs(aggroing them and leaving them for others to deal with)
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Today I was doing Harmon Labs. I happen to enjoy doing the combat to get to the end and never rush through/by pass mobs. Suddenly the Warlord cut scene appears. Realizing at that point that someone had jumped ahead to the final battle, and not wanting to be locked out, I disengaged from combat, flew straight there and just made it. At the end I caught all sorts of hell from one of the players for being a "wannabe hero" when all I was trying to do was avoid the lockout. Sure made my morning. :frown:
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Making saving ALL the scientists as a mandatory objective would be the easiest way to curb people Boss Rushing in Harmon Labs, and actually make people play the content instead of using r3 Teleport to bypass all of the trash pulls over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

There's a few things they could do to fix the Ascension exploit in Hi-Pan, including a "death wall" at the gap between the Spawn and Hi-Pan, as well as giving enemies the ability to NTTG people flying over the bridges and floating islands.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Today I was doing Harmon Labs. I happen to enjoy doing the combat to get to the end and never rush through/by pass mobs. Suddenly the Warlord cut scene appears. Realizing at that point that someone had jumped ahead to the final battle, and not wanting to be locked out, I disengaged from combat, flew straight there and just made it. At the end I caught all sorts of hell from one of the players for being a "wannabe hero" when all I was trying to do was avoid the lockout. Sure made my morning. :frown:

Yeah CO is a weird place...some people around here have really weird attitudes about the game. I don't think I'll ever understand how elitist some people can be about a game that's so casual... (and also the fact that it's never actually the players who are really good at the game being elitist .-.).
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Meh players aren't jerks, they are perfectly in their right to play the game how it was made to be. Clearly because there have been no comments on the "exploits" from the devs then they are not seen as issues by them. Therefore it officially has become part of the game.

Legitimate stuff... Honest.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Don't forget the the jerks who Bypass MOBs in Fury of the Dragon with Ascension to fly straight to Hi-pan, ignoring the PUG members

Those people need to get hit with a Bolt of Divine Retribution for doing that

An auto kill for straying beyond the platforms before the boss screen activates would be glorious.
  • Options
    luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    An auto kill for straying beyond the platforms before the boss screen activates would be glorious.

Circumflex accent.

Also, I'd be fine with speedrunning if everyone was considerate enough to form a full team of 5 if they planned on doing it, instead of using random pugs as a springboard into the alert. We do it all the time but we always form a full team if we want to ignore the mobs entirely so we don't leave 2/3 people behind.
    two lines of plain text
    the best kind of signature
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The point is some people can't bypass, I thought was clear.
    Then suck it up and fight the three goons and pull them to the cops, then get your self together and fight the boss someone else is already beating to a pulp or at least maneuvered inches away from the spawn point in case anyone faceplants.

Your problem in alerts is entirely your problem. There's more than one solution to getting over or around the trash mobs. Adapt or die.
  • Options
    jimhsuajimhsua Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Then suck it up and fight the three goons and pull them to the cops, then get your self together and fight the boss someone else is already beating to a pulp or at least maneuvered inches away from the spawn point in case anyone faceplants.

Your problem in alerts is entirely your problem. There's more than one solution to getting over or around the trash mobs. Adapt or die.

I'm assuming most toons by then have a travel power. (If not then I've lost all hope, /thread.) If so, fly past, jump past, or run past those initial mobs and to the back of the map, and someone'll take care of them.

Yes, last room grabs can be a problem if people rush the boss (moreso for Bank and Museum, less so for City Hall). I see something that really, really rarely though, because the mobs aggro the rusher anyways, who can most likely deal with them.
  • Options
    selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's not travel power abuse, it's something else - note how one character disappears into the door at the start of the video here, and when I pan the video around another character is also missing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zu90di9eVQ

My guess is that they are using a memory editor like CheatEngine or OllyDBG to flip the elevator button's state from "unusable" to "usable"

Note: I'm sharing this because I reported this but nothing was done so I assume this is a legit action that players are allowed to do and no exploits or exploiters are being shown here.
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    selphea wrote: »
    It's not travel power abuse, it's something else - note how one character disappears into the door at the start of the video here, and when I pan the video around another character is also missing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zu90di9eVQ

My guess is that they are using a memory editor like CheatEngine or OllyDBG to flip the elevator button's state from "unusable" to "usable"

Note: I'm sharing this because I reported this but nothing was done so I assume this is a legit action that players are allowed to do and no exploits or exploiters are being shown here.

I doubt it's anything that fancy. You're able to get the button to get inside by simply flying up against the elevator doors. Or teleporting up against them and exiting tp....right before you land it will show up.

As a courtesy, I would still recommend not doing that and just clearing the first room because it's very fast anyway. And clearing the last room of mobs. And also waiting a reasonable amount of time after the cutscene before engaging Warlord.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    How did this thread get so controversial? I just thought they patched in a teleport-everyone-to-the-end to solve the speed runner issue.... all of a sudden we're dissecting murder crime scenes o_O

Of course I blame hinkeypunk u.u
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    imageshgvygf.jpg

/10 characters
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I've been in a run when they did the vanishing act.

1 starts combat, suddenly 4 people vanish.

anyway, I have sent an email about this to CS, several times since warlord started.
    they said, it looks like a bug and to put in an ingame ticket about it, so they can get as much info as possible..

errr how, the ticket will only have the info you put in.

• Options
    edited October 2014

or go and help the person, who has forgotten the boss or his guards have major Knockback and has now aggroed the mobs at back and both sides, by being knocked flying into them.

but yes, just yell "long pull" and get the boss over. the cops help.
    If I don't have fly or jump, I just pull the 3 mobs back, so whoever is pulling has clear run out.

• Options
    stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    selphea wrote: »

They ain't that smart, it's just flight/teleport as vixy said.

Glad to see our awesome pvp community still exists.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I'm perfectly ok with Legit Speedrun Groups, as long as it's 5-Man-Premade-Team and not 2/3 members who speedrun ignoring the PUG members and use Exploits

I have 2 characters with Ascension but I NEVER use it to skip the players and Face Hi-Pan, I try my best to clean all the mobs so players can cross the Bridges

Meh players aren't jerks, they are perfectly in their right to play the game how it was made to be. Clearly because there have been no comments on the "exploits" from the devs then they are not seen as issues by them. Therefore it officially has become part of the game.

"What I'm doing is Wrong

I know it's Wrong

But I'm gonna do it anyway"

Lack of Empathy/Sympathy to the other players, andthey are willing to Sacrifice them to get in their Dirty hands the So Precious Depleted Uranium Core/Dragon Core(s), and some of them use Exploits to do so!

Or ignore all 4 members of the Pug to SOLO WARLORD, I didn't signed up in this alert to see you Solo a Boss :mad:

If those people aren't Egoistic Jerkfaces then I don't know what they are

Needless to say, I ignored more people during the 2 weeks I was farming Warlord and Hi-Pan than I have done the 4 Years I had been playing CO
    Whoever Rushed Warlord or used Ascension to Hi-Pan was added to Ignore

Like the Fissures at the Map Edge of Vibora Bay Crisis which Auto-Kill you once you fell on them

Also I love when those people try to Solo Hi-Pan and then they Die (and sometimes rage quit)

Karma is a B!tch

638.png
    It's definately that, you got it right.

Type
    /login_account_@lordgar
    /password_12345ragdrol
    /teleporttlastroomofwarlord_me

Xa.xa.xa.xa Really Hilarious Stergio xa.xa.xa.Xa
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I've seen dat shiz happen too and I get annoyed aswell, but usually it goes like this:

1. We clear the first room
    2. As we all enter the elevator the ubertanks fly/teleport to the last room
    3. others take out the enemies in the way normally
    4. the uber epic tanks are still fighting the mobs in the end when we got there (AFTER FINISHING THE ENEMIES IN THE WAY)

WHAt in THE name of AAASS is THE POINT IN ALL THAT afsdfsdgfdh

but then again I remember few people who leave the alert when they see me because I vocalized my CONCERNS ABOUT THEIR TACTICS. XD

muh DUC

suck DUC bish

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I hated the warlord alert because of the lock out and only played it enough to finally beat it and haven't returned to him since. If someone does this teleport thing and goes straight to the warlord on their own, and manages to beat him, is everyone else locked out of the rewards? Because if not I'd get a coffee and consider the whole warlord alert one long cut scene.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Not sure exactly why you think I've never run an alert or why an alert has to generate an "it's your problem" attitude.

I've mentioned the new influx of players a few times and they are the people getting screwed. Ever watch a Grimiore at level 14 get stuck behind the first three on those smash alerts? I have. Wasn't fun for him I'm sure.

I was hoping the lifeblood of the game would go up recently, but the attitude reflected above is why 2 of the 3 people I got into the game (lured over from SW) have left already. Elapsed time 3 weeks. One of them called me and was stuck right after the elevator in Warlord and ended up having to leave...couldn't get by to get the reward because the other four rushed to the boss, won and then left.

I guess the "your problem" attitude wins..player base goes down...game dies. Well played.
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ... And not a thread was made about the Hi-Pan Custom and Ascension being used to skip over EVERYTHING there.

Best I can think of is to make the doorways CLOSED and take time to open, taking damage interrupts the interaction after all. Make sure there's guards at every single one of them. Oh, and make the hostages be an objective too. You're playing a game as Heroes (theoretically), act like it. Make that last room locked until you save the last hostage who will then give you a keycard trigger to the room. Oh, and make a Warlord's Arsenal grab-bag type thing that has the costume bits inside it, make that a guaranteed reward and the prizes inside be random amounts of Questionite or any of the costume pieces or Depleted Uranium Core. The Resource reward at the end is not to be touched.

After all that's done, work on making the mobs less knock-happy. Seriously, it's like Shotgun, Frag Grenade, and Iron Cyclone are their only powers.

For fun, hide lore in the alert with details on the Shadow Army and Warlord.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    deadman20 wrote: »
    ... And not a thread was made about the Hi-Pan Custom and Ascension being used to skip over EVERYTHING there.

Pretty Strange isn't it? That's my #1 Complain with the alert

People pop Ascension and fly to Hi-Pan all like "LOLS Have fun with the Mobs on the way B!tches, I'm going to solo this"

It needs an Instand Death penalty for everyone flying before the Hi-Pan Battle, have the Mighty Dragon shoot them or something

/I would make a thread about it but I post on forums while playing the same time
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    actually it has been complained about and reported.
    and I've been in a PUG where 4 people flew over.
    I gave a rude comment over zone and left.

also I think HInkydink was being sarcastic with this comment

Originally Posted by mrhinkypunk View Post

long pause before honest

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Pretty Strange isn't it? That's my #1 Complain with the alert

People pop Ascension and fly to Hi-Pan all like "LOLS Have fun with the Mobs on the way B!tches, I'm going to solo this"

It needs an Instand Death penalty for everyone flying before the Hi-Pan Battle, have the Mighty Dragon shoot them or something

/I would make a thread about it but I post on forums while playing the same time

Ya I hate that.

What's worse is when I use ascension in that alert, sometimes people knee-jerk start yelling at me... and I'm like "....I'm just flying over your head dpsing the same stuff as you...".

Stupid dumbs giving every ascension user a bad name u.u