test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Concerns about CO

cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
A lot has improved in CO. Missions added, costumes in the C-Store, and vehicles aren't being shoved down our throats (and the memory of that horrid attempt to get us to buy vehicles by offering a single costume piece when we were starved for them was almost comical). I'm not going to go through the routine of reviewing all of them, good work on that. Thank you, please keep that up.

So, let me engage the concerns I have.

-We still haven't seen any new power sets. Oh, we got new 'powers' (no new animations, just some simple additions) And that's a problem, because this is one thing that would actually get me to play the game all over again. Otherwise, I simply can't justify rerolling to get one or two new powers. CoX is in the grave, and there's no trademark on their powers... so why not hijack some of that goodness for your own?

-The idle animations are still limited. I mean, they're just in need of either an overhaul or some new options. CoX had a wider variety and DCUO's were outright badass in some cases. and I get it- the skeletons are different and whatnot... but this needs severe improvement. So far, males are limited to either "on drugs in a new place", "robotic heroic boring", "gorilla" and "gorilla that just did sprints". Please work on this.

-Many costume parts are still only available on ONE material, namely metal. However, the Cyberpunk and Holo Hex costume parts should have the same diversity of materials as the Psionic Dragon and Holoforce costume.

-We're still missing crafted weapons, and quite honestly- we'd like them returned. Find ONE person in this game that disagrees.

-Weapons are still being neglected. Yes, you added some new swords, which is fine if that's your thing. For a lot of people, it isn't. Claws and Ego weapons have been forgotten. The energy sword is still boring and has no additional options. The last rifle we got was awesome, but the last pistol we got was slapstick grabass. Please consider weapons packs sometime in the near future, it would be appreciated.

-Anime pistols are still broken, and the muzzle flash is STILL coming out the side of the muzzle, rather than out of it. Myself and others have brought this up continuously and nothing has been done, it's a bit sad that something stays this broken since release.
Post edited by cybersoldier1981 on

Comments

• Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    -The idle animations are still limited. I mean, they're just in need of either an overhaul or some new options. CoX had a wider variety and DCUO's were outright badass in some cases. and I get it- the skeletons are different and whatnot... but this needs severe improvement. So far, males are limited to either "on drugs in a new place", "robotic heroic boring", "gorilla" and "gorilla that just did sprints". Please work on this.

Add to this the female ones: "limping and lost", "robotic heroic boring", "finding it hard to balance" and "I'm Spider-Man, but a woman, with claws and a stupid face".
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Lol, DCUO's female "working a street corner" idle animation turned me right off.

-We're still missing crafted weapons, and quite honestly- we'd like them returned. Find ONE person in this game that disagrees.

Zero of my twenty current characters use weapons. So yeah I have no need for crafted weapons at all.
    Pick up temporary use weapons/powers like in Unreal Tournament/Quake/Halo, etc would be much more fun than having to manage bankfuls of garbage items hoping to amass enough trash to make something with a mediocre animation.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Zero of my twenty current characters use weapons. So yeah I have no need for crafted weapons at all.

Then you are in the minority. Sometimes we make suggestions based on what the majority of players would like coupled with what we imagine is actually feasible.
    .....than having to manage bankfuls of garbage items hoping to amass enough trash to make something.....

I'm pretty sure that Cyber was talking about having the crafted weapon skins back, rather than the old crafting system to make them.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Not just crafted weapons, the unlocks that dropped off of mobs would be lovely too.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Not just crafted weapons, the unlocks that dropped off of mobs would be lovely too.

and along power replacements and Weapons Unlocks. They also removed (By Accident?) Therakiel's Sword, Nephilim Wings and Back Halo, the whole NemCon Alien Gladiator Pieces from the End-Game Lair... and yet they NEVER bothered to fix it and Bring them pack Despite being END-GAME REWARDS... I'm mean WTF?

I will add my Concerns as well
    1. We got a New Z-store Tab for Emotes and yet we didn't got any new Emote pack since the Introduction of it
    2. We never got any new Costume pieces in Q-store
    3. Projects which get Abandomed before get finished
    4. No Resource Increase cap for Silvers like the one Star Trek Online has
    5. Overshadowed powers which Got over-nerfed by accident and never fixed (Mini Mines say HI)
    6. Powerframes which lack damage compared to other powers (The Entire EARTH power frame)
    7. Powers Visuals cause Frame Rate issues (Wind Powers, Earth power, Telekinetic Maelstrom cause Lag by minute, Telekinetic Maelstrom is binded with the SFX Visual instead of the Debris Slider)
    8. The Female character costumization is still horrible designed and limited compare to male
    9. We got MORE Vehicle-related updates-nerfs-cash on that Hero costumization and powers related stuff
    10. Broken Enemies Knocks which didn't got updated for On-Alerts
    11. Bad UI
    12. Horrible Tutorial for new players (a whole new generation that doesn't know what BLOCK is)
    13. Lack of Powers Variety (Single PISTOLS has no powers whatsoever and Dual Pistols powers only rely on Two GUn Mojo)
    14. LOST FOREVER CONTEST from Pre-alert and LOCKBOXES! if the lockbox get replaced you have no way to get it back or buy it (from Q store for example)
    15. The Gallery of Wasted Potential
    16. MANY Emotes and stances that are ingame since forever and was never made available for players
    17. Overdrive is still Bugged and doesn't work with a Big Number of Maintain Attacks
    18. TWO Characters in the same team with Aura of Radiant Protection breaks Block making you unable to Block (usally when a Freeform with AoRP and a Mind AT are in the same team) Still not fixed
    19. Ao-Qephoth is still BROKEN (and undefeatable except if you have Healing Debuffs, Scarn's Bane or DPS) in BURSTS he is unbeatable and DEVs didn't properly fixed him because he is supposed to be a challenge? WHAT?
      This screams Fake Difficulty

I freaking Love this game and I want it to succeed, but stuff like these (along those you stated) make me really Frustrated making me Hate to Love this game

and I am planning going Lifetimer next year JUST so I can be able to create all my characters ingame
    But seeing this mess makes me think "I want to pay 215 € FOR THIS?"
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited October 2014
    WTB one good looking stance for female characters.

At least having ONE would be better than having zero.

In the meantime:

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=186311
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Snapshot numbers aren't actual data. Snapshots do not take into consideration people who are actively playing but are offline at the time due to RL situations. They do not account for global timezone differences where peak hours differ from region to region. They don't take into consideration people currently in transit to other instances at the time since there is a lag time in instance population number updates. They do not take into consideration people who might be on hidden status.

You willingly ignore all these important factors that are undeniably needed to form actual reliable data on player populations. I think I know who's really talking out of their behind. Hey, I'm just using your own words.

On topic:

- I think it's high time MA gets a charged kick attack, with knockback if possible.
    - I want the tailor's static stance. Want it want it want it.
  • Options
    superstar78superstar78 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    at this point, I would be happy with an auction house overhaul...

Please let me look for costume pieces I DON'T have. Please let me look for items based only on stats - single or multiple.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I don't use animal heads at all. Never, ever. Therefore, let's remove them from the game.

Also, I hate wings and refuse to use them. Delete them.

I don't really use anything from the sorcery powersets, get rid of them, too.

Do you see how absurd that all sounds? You would, if you could tone down the sense of self-importance. Clearly a biproduct of always being told you were special and getting a trophy just for participating.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I
    I don't really use anything from the sorcery powersets, get rid of them, too.

You, me, and 99% of the rest of the players.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Potent stuff like AoPM, AoRP and Skarn's Bane would suggest to me that Sorcery isn't as unpopular or rarely used as you make it to be.
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    at this point, I would be happy with an auction house overhaul...

Please let me look for costume pieces I DON'T have. Please let me look for items based only on stats - single or multiple.
    I like this idea
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,094 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    Cleaned up some posts. Let's keep it on topic.

I'm hoping they make use of the plethora of unused animations kicking around for new powers.
  • Options
    dharindharin Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Regarding vehicles it becomes quite clear that they are just trying to squeeze out the last amount of cash they can. I mean random powerpositioning that change around every now and then. That they want money for that crap in just an insult.

So just accept it that the game is not going to be polished or fixed ever. A cash grab is a cash grab and looking at what they are doing makes it extremely clear that this is just that. So investing time in it would be contradictive to what they are clearly doing here. I do not mind paying for stuff but then I want them to use that money for this game. They are clearly not which is sad.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I like the OP so I will refrain from calling this a Doom Thread.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited October 2014

AoPM and Skarn's aren't from Sorcery? :O
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    I like the OP so I will refrain from calling this a Doom Thread.

You actually missed the Doom that used to be in this thread. A mod cleaned it out.
  • Options
    spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    fantasticfour500doomrichards.jpg

There. Now its a proper Doom Thread.
    tumblr_moni7tHVoq1rzu2xzo1_500.gif
  • Options
    gaarafrednorrispgaarafrednorrisp Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Did someone say Doom?!

tumblr_me26fwhAZ01rnrw85.jpg
    3223386-9154708667-DoomW.jpg
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    On the topic of stances, the running animation for the beast stance could use some adjusting. Hopping around like a frog looks really stupid.

How about all the costume pieces in the jacket section that cause half your characters body to disappear? And all the clipping from the new sets, some clipping is to be expected but seriously some of the pieces are absurdly bad.

The in game super group finder could use an overhaul as well.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    draogn wrote: »
    On the topic of stances, the running animation for the beast stance could use some adjusting. Hopping around like a frog looks really stupid.

No kidding, the Beast Running and Idle animation is incredible stupid, I stop using it (like the majority of the poses, I only use Heroic)

and If I want the Beast run I had to put up with that Stupid Ducking-Idle every time my character stays in one place

draogn wrote: »
    How about all the costume pieces in the jacket section that cause half your characters body to disappear? And all the clipping from the new sets, some clipping is to be expected but seriously some of the pieces are absurdly bad.

That's because those new costume pieces ARE NOT Jackets in the First Place, they just unlocked in ALL the categories and Jackets happen to be one of them! If you want to use them use them in the other Categories

and honestly we like this Body Dissapearence, a lot of people took advantage of it to make theme-related characters costumes! This doesn't need fix

only the Clipping needs to get fixed
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The only way I'd take that "fix" to Jackets lying down (well, sitting down) is if we got some official way to make invisible limbs. I may have discarded Disarm some time ago (only so much you can do with a Behemoth, and I already have superstrong characters), but Psiblade and Ifrit need limbs outlined only by their auras to go along with the glowy-headless look from the Cosmic set.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    cant disgree cyber. this was a start, and not a bad one. took a while, but we got some meat finally. REALLY would love to see a plant power-set. That for me is the most glaring current thing.

but i have one pet project that, while improbable, is something i'd love to see redimensionalize the game. a little work done to enliven throwing environmental stuff. its something co did well at start that I loved, it never felt like dcou gave the feeling of scale that co does with lifting trucks and tanks, and coh simply didnt have throwing at all, outside of from powers that made their own projectile. but heres the problem, it takes comparably long to lift specific weight class items and the damage for both a thrown and melee item is so low it doesnt support ever using it, particularly not in boss fights, where historically throwing specific items at them was used for debuffs and setting up weak points. it could also be another reward from raising your str stat, since the melee damage bonus flattens off pretty fast. so id love to see damage raised for melee and ranged waponizations, and durability raised for melee ones..having a viper tank explode after i hit one white con minion kind of devalues the time spent lifting it. different debuff style thrown items that show up in boss rooms and may have a specific trick to get to respawn. and a power, either as a might power or a str perk that allows you to pick up a certain number of weight classes instantly so we can cause a lot of damage quickly without being constantly interrupted.