test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release of CO Parser for ACT

2»

Comments

• quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Version 2.2.0 of the CO parser plugin for ACT is now available. Here's the link to grab it from Google Drive.

Changes to this version:
    • New Options panel for plugin-specific configuration
    • Added option to include players' username along with character name in Combatant view
    • User configuration of "Boss List" to identify special NPCs to separate out in Combatant view
    • Fix time precision in attack details to show tenths of seconds (as requested)
    • Fix to data export issues that were preventing some columns from being exported (i.e. to CSV or SQL)
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • jimhsuajimhsua Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    quasimojo1 wrote: »
    Version 2.2.0 of the CO parser plugin for ACT is now available. Here's the link to grab it from Google Drive.

Changes to this version:
    • New Options panel for plugin-specific configuration
    • Added option to include players' username along with character name in Combatant view
    • User configuration of "Boss List" to identify special NPCs to separate out in Combatant view
    • Fix time precision in attack details to show tenths of seconds (as requested)
    • Fix to data export issues that were preventing some columns from being exported (i.e. to CSV or SQL)

Very much appreciated update (especially the @handle and time precision support). Thanks once again.

New link if the google drive goes down:

https://mega.co.nz/#!zcVVFQgK!Yuik1selIyZqjM6q32ZlISBM6KRoIV3p6rZ2dVAQhgY

SHA-1: FFDCC30AD5EC5818DC72D022ABAF29D8F72CA143
    edited October 2014
    Another request (lol): Some damage entries (when the NPC deals 0 (0) damage) are causing the resist calculation to give weird values (namely, -2147483648%). Normally I don't care, but this is apparently causing problems for SQL export. Can the resist be defined as something more sensible in these cases? 0%, 100%, I don't care, but the value above is causing problems.

This is an example entry from Gravitar:

14:10:13:21:17:00.4::Gravitar,C[597 Alert_Gravitar],,*,,*,Power Conversion,Pn.1bkxnl,Power,,-0,0

And here is the SQL error:

9:34:32 PM] Data calculated for [Gravitar] in 2 secs.
    [9:34:33 PM] ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 5.3(w) Driver][mysqld-5.5.40]Data too long for column 'resistperc' at row 1
    edited October 2014
    OK, try this:

Version 2.2.1
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
    edited October 2014
    quasimojo1 wrote: »
    OK, try this:

Version 2.2.1

Seems to work, thanks for the quick fix.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This may be a problem with the base software, but apostrophes in names (NPC or PC) confuse the parser. Noticed this when running against Ao'Qephoth.
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    It seems the last ACT update made the paser no longer work, there is no data of any kind being displayed.
    The NW parser seems to currently work as a temporary replacement, but it only gives very minimal DPS information.
    Quasi had expiration dates in previous versions, I suspect this one had an expiration date of 1/1/2016.
    edited January 2016
    The updated parser module, along with its source code, is now available on GitHub.

CO-ACTLib v2.3.0 Release

• aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Yay, thanks for updating it.
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User

The updated parser module, along with its source code, is now available on GitHub.

CO-ACTLib v2.3.0 Release

I'm trying this and I'm either doing it wrong or it is not working. I followed all the setup instructions. It does seem to be reading my combat log, but nothing is showing up in the table. Is it still working?
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
    The mod hasn't been ported to 64 bit yet, which the latest act version added.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

The mod hasn't been ported to 64 bit yet, which the latest act version added.

Is this still the case? If so what do I do to make the dumb parser work again
    spinnytop said:

Is this still the case? If so what do I do to make the dumb parser work again

Either rebuild it yourself (I don't have a C# dev environment set up) or backdate to the last pre-64 version.
  • soupologysoupology Posts: 10 Arc User
    The version you need to download is 3.1.5.246
    You can find that on the website of ACT under Versions.
    Download the file, drag it to your ACT folder.
    Run the file, and do the setup as OP has said and it should start working again.​​
  • williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I'm getting the message "No combatants with compatible data to graph... Try another sorting method."

When I look at the Options tab, the "At Position:" readout reliably increases during /combatlog 1, and stops increasing after /combatlog 0, so it's certainly reading the log.

I'm getting this problem with both the latest ACT version, and version 3.1.5.246. :(
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    i tried it and it just never recorded any files. so it got uninstalled again​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Well definitely don't use the new 64-bit version of ACT cause that makes it unable to use the CO plugin.

Did you have "Selective Parsing" turned off?
  • williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
    Aha, got it working. I'd downloaded the CO dll from the Google document, rather than the latest one posted further on in the thread.
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    Never tried a parser before but would like to give it a go. I've got a 64 bit system. Which program works for that? Where can I find it? Where can I find the instructions for setting it up running it? Such noob questions, I know. Forbearance please.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Setting up Advanced Combat Tracker for Champions Online

This guide will provide you with instructions on how to install and configure Advanced Combat Tracker with Version 2.3.0 of quasimojo's plug-in to enable it to parse combat log information from Champions Online in real-time.

1. Download the installer for Advanced Combat Tracker here and run it.
    2. Download the version 3.2.2.252 update file for ACT here. Place the version 3.2.2.252 update file in the same installation folder as ACT and then run it. The folder is usually located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Advanced Combat Tracker".
    3. Download v2.3.0 of the plug-in here. I recommend placing the plug-in file in the same installation folder as ACT.
    4. Run "ACTx86.exe" from ACT's installation folder. image
    5. In the Plugins tab, browse for the file "CO-ACTLib.dll" and click Open. Click Add/Enable Plugin.image
    6. Launch Champions Online, use the command "/combatlog 1" in the chat window, and then attack an enemy. image
    7. In the Options tab under Miscellaneous, click Open Log. Browse to where your combat log files are located, select the most recent combat log, then click Open.image
      1. If you are running Champions Online from Steam, logs will be located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Champions Online\Champions Online\Live\logs\GameClient"
      2. If you are running Champions Online from Arc, logs will be located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Champions Online\Champions Online_en\Champions Online\Live\logs\GameClient"
    8. Data should now show up in the Main tab. image

There are a lot options to change how the data appears and you can even have an overlay in game showing you the DPS of nearby friends or foes as well as some buff, debuff, or cooldown timers as seen here at the top of my screen. image

Hope you all find this helpful. Made this guide (not the parser or the plugin) so that I wouldn't have to repeat the same explanation to those who came to me looking for help with the program. If you're still having problems with setting this stuff up, give me a tell @behemothking#9246 and I'll try my best to assist you.

• aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Since CO likes to make new log files a lot and I am to lazy to check for new files all the time I made a small batch script to do that for me. I you are lazy like that, create 2 text files in your ACT folder, 1 bat file with a random name ("CO live ACT.bat" or something like that, and you can of course make a second batch file for PTS), and 1 file named "sleep.js".

In the bat file add (you have to change the "path to your CO folder").
    set LOGDIR=C:\path to your CO folder\Champions Online\live\logs\GameClient

set LOGPAR=%LOGDIR:~0,2%
    set SCRIPTDIR=%~dp0
    set SCRIPTPAR=%SCRIPTDIR:~0,2%

%LOGPAR%
    CD %LOGDIR%
    FOR /F "delims=|" %%I IN ('DIR "Combat*.log" /B /O:D') DO SET NewestFile=%%I

:ACT
    taskkill /f /im ACTx86.exe
    set CURRENTLOG=%NewestFile%
    %SCRIPTPAR%
    CD %SCRIPTDIR%
    start ACTx86.exe -log "%LOGDIR%\%CURRENTLOG%"

:CHECKLOG
    %LOGPAR%
    CD %LOGDIR%
    cscript /nologo "%SCRIPTDIR%sleep.js" 5000
    FOR /F "delims=|" %%I IN ('DIR "Combat*.log" /B /O:D') DO SET NewestFile=%%I
    SETLOCAL
    tasklist | find "ACTx86.exe"
    If %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 (goto :stop)
    If /I "%NewestFile%"=="%CURRENTLOG%" (goto :CHECKLOG) else (goto :ACT)

:stop
    In the sleep.js file add:
    WScript.Sleep( WScript.Arguments( 0 ) );
    Post edited by aiqa on
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Is there a list of names I should paste into the "Custom Boss NPC List" I can get somewhere? I dunno what it is but I feel like whenever my combat log is running now with ACT on I'm getting some serious framerate drops, don't know if incorrect names has anything to do with it.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• qawsadaqawsada Posts: 737 Arc User
    If the parse ask for an update, don't. It seem to mess up the program and you have to reinstall it. Well for me, but I don't know about the rest of you.
    qawsada said:

If the parse ask for an update, don't. It seem to mess up the program and you have to reinstall it. Well for me, but I don't know about the rest of you.

The parser model is a 32 bit library, and ACT got updated to 64 bit a while ago, which breaks any 32 bit libraries. The source exists (I forget where) if someone with an appropriate compiler wants to update it (I think it's C-sharp code).
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited March 2019

The parser model is a 32 bit library, and ACT got updated to 64 bit a while ago, which breaks any 32 bit libraries. The source exists (I forget where) if someone with an appropriate compiler wants to update it (I think it's C-sharp code).

I've now done just that. With the plugin linked below you will be able to use the latest version of ACT to parse the log files.

The new plugin rebuilt with 64 bit support is here:
    https://bit.ly/2TXV5o1

Credit goes to @nbkxs for guiding me through what to change.

I have also updated the Parser Usage Guide linked in my signature with the new file.

Disclaimer: I literally just learned how to use Microsoft Visual Studio and a bit of C-sharp to make this happen. I do not have a software development background. This update comes with no guarantees and no support. The original was made by the OP and all credit goes to them.