test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Force Cascade Bug?

navar#3536 navar Posts: 117 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Power Discussion
I noticed when I use Force Cascade, that my lock-out timer will randomly reset back to ten, without me using Force Cascade to reset that timer. Anything can trigger the timer once it has begun. As of right now, with my build, Force Blast and Gust have been randomly resetting the timer back to ten.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a bug? If so, has anyone else picked up on this? I see no mention on google of this issue, so at this point, unless somebody else can verify, I am going to assume Working as Intended. And if that is true...what am I doing wrong?
Post edited by navar#3536 on

Comments

• baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Lockout Timer?

Uh, what Lockout Timer?

Are you referring to Force Cascade locking out Energy Form powers, like Ego Surge?
  • navar#3536 navar Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Lockout Timer?

Uh, what Lockout Timer?

Are you referring to Force Cascade locking out Energy Form powers, like Ego Surge?

Yes. As I know it is supposed to do that....but randomly resetting, I'm not so sure about.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If you mean the energy form cancel debuff becoming refreshed when using some attacks, yeah I've encountered that on my Impulse w/ KM as the passive. Its frustrating as hell when the EF cancel lasts 2-3x longer than it should cause ur end builder or force blast or w/e keep resetting the debuff timer for some reason.

I do assume its a bug, but its also more reason for me to shelve the Impulse.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Its one of the most effective disadvantages to the UI not pinging the server correctly or at all. Cooldowns and timers like that prevent you from using powers when you should be able to and cooldowns appearing when they should not.
    edited October 2014
    Okay, so it's not just me then. Well, now that I know I'm not alone....I am assuming this is a known issue?
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think people solve it by not using energy forms with force cascade (or possibly using circle of arcane power). Quarry is a perfectly fine passive for an FC build.
    edited October 2014
    I was noticing today that any ability, even your energy builder resets the timer on your form debuff. That's pretty busted. :(
    edited October 2014
    I was noticing today that any ability, even your energy builder resets the timer on your form debuff. That's pretty busted. :(

Yup, it sucks. Basic work-around is using Quarry, AoPM, Defiance, etc- a good non-EF passive.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    edited October 2014
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Yup, it sucks. Basic work-around is using Quarry, AoPM, Defiance, etc- a good non-EF passive.
    At current norms for energy management, I'd be inclined to avoid energy forms even if this bug were fixed.
    edited October 2014
    At current norms for energy management, I'd be inclined to avoid energy forms even if this bug were fixed.

Same. I actually tested the dps using KM on the Impulse w/ a FC + 4x Force Blast rotation vs. just spamming Force Blast. They were pretty close in dps, just cause of the dmg loses from taking out the passive. Even if the EF cancel isn't being refreshed or buggy, not worth canceling the passive for that, imo.
    edited October 2014
    Somebody in game told me this bug has been around for well over a year....really?
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think people solve it by not using energy forms with force cascade (or possibly using circle of arcane power). Quarry is a perfectly fine passive for an FC build.

The answer is rather simple... choose the "Energy Refraction" advantage on Force Bolts when it's bubble comes up it acts as an energy form and you can use Force Cascade without any other penalty, and at discounted cost.
    @Powerblast in game
    edited October 2014
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    The answer is rather simple... choose the "Energy Refraction" advantage on Force Bolts when it's bubble comes up it acts as an energy form and you can use Force Cascade without any other penalty, and at discounted cost.
    That requires you to use your energy builder. And to not have an energy form offensive passive.
    edited October 2014
    That requires you to use your energy builder. And to not have an energy form offensive passive.

Well your EB should always be on and I actually prefer PFF as the passive on my Impulse because survivability is greater.
    @Powerblast in game
    edited October 2014
    Well your EB should always be on.
    Hahaha. No. 'Never having to use your energy builder' is an objective of many builds.
  • godofthornsgodofthorns Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I use Energy Refraction quite often...however...as some may have experienced, I find that waiting for the Energy Bubble effect to pop up while using a low-power Energy Builder makes my DPS drop way too low for my tastes. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thorn
    edited October 2014

Exactly. Not only do you have to sit and wait for your bubble to pop, you also sacrifice DPS by not taking the other form. There is no simple fix, honestly. No matter what you do, you will sacrifice DPS do to a flawed mechanic. Right now, I am just trying to deal with it. Doesn't sound like there will be a fix any time soon.
  • godofthornsgodofthorns Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Exactly. Not only do you have to sit and wait for your bubble to pop, you also sacrifice DPS by not taking the other form. There is no simple fix, honestly. No matter what you do, you will sacrifice DPS do to a flawed mechanic. Right now, I am just trying to deal with it. Doesn't sound like there will be a fix any time soon.

I hear ya. I was considering switching to Munitions or some other ranged DPS-heavy power framework...I haven't decided yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thorn
    edited October 2014

Maybe it's just me but losing the DPS is worth being almost totally invulnerable to 98% of the enemies you will encounter. I'm a survivability player, I could care less if i can take out mobs with one tap of a power, you try walking your glass cannon DPSer into a crowd of Desert mutants without them ganging on you and and killing you. With PFF +IDF I can do it and laugh at them as they try to do damage.

Survivability is what matters not getting a few good attacks as they tear you to pieces.
    @Powerblast in game
    edited October 2014
    Maybe it's just me but losing the DPS is worth being almost totally invulnerable to 98% of the enemies you will encounter. I'm a survivability player, I could care less if i can take out mobs with one tap of a power, you try walking your glass cannon DPSer into a crowd of Desert mutants without them ganging on you and and killing you. With PFF +IDF I can do it and laugh at them as they try to do damage.

Survivability is what matters not getting a few good attacks as they tear you to pieces.

As a solo player, I could see going with PFF, it is completely logical and rational. If I were a solo player, that would most certainly be my preferred option.

However, I prefer to play on teams, where I depend on a good Tank to keep unwanted mobs off of me. However, since I enjoy playing on good teams, I am sure a good Tank would appreciate somebody who can dish out a ton of damage, while at the same time keeping his mobs focused against a wall while positively utilizing the KB from Force.
    edited October 2014
    Eh, everyone will have diff prefs and experiences somewhat. Since I'm used to playing DPS, I didn't find KM Impulse to be any real challenge, and I only recall dying a few times on the way to lvl 40 (and those were in alerts when teams overpulled, and I'd tend to be the last one alive). The kit isn't quite squishy w/ KM if you also factor in all the knocks and PF/IDF/FS- in the spectrum of Inferno/Tempest/NA to Master/Savage, it'd be closer to the middle of it imo.

My problems w/ the kit don't really have to do w/ its survivability.