test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Millennial Flight and it's one glaring issue

notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Suggestions Box
Cutting straight to the chase, no excuses here.

Why the heck is the VFX on Millennial Flight so glaringly bright to the point where you can barely see where you're going...because...you know, being able to see where you're going rather easily is kinda important when using a travel power, and for those of you that say it's not that bad, check the image below, that was taken as far zoomed out as i can get, and i could still, barely see where i was going.

screenshot_2014-10-07-16-35-29_zps3ec2e7fc.jpg

seriously, tone the VFX on it down a bit, will ya..might make it actually...you know...usable without blinding you or making your eyes bleed.
In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I agree, it's also painful for other players as well, it's good thing that the Visual tones down during Combat Phase and Not many players use it!

On similar subject Phoenix Flight is also painful to deal with, my Friend bought the TP for his character and he was complaining that the visuals were too strong and he could cardly see what was happening on the Screen!
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    avianos wrote: »
    I agree, it's also painful for other players as well, it's good thing that the Visual tones down during Combat Phase and Not many players use it!

On similar subject Phoenix Flight is also painful to deal with, my Friend bought the TP for his character and he was complaining that the visuals were too strong and he could cardly see what was happening on the Screen!

while phoenex flight is bad, it's manageable sortof, if you zoom out, unlike meloleninal which is all blind all the time at all zoom levels :<

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Isn't the reason you take Millennial flight the desire to produce an obnoxious glare? Just use a different travel power.
  • Options
    dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You could always turn down/off the boom intensity in your video settings.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Isn't the reason you take Millennial flight the desire to produce an obnoxious glare? Just use a different travel power.

That's why i'm not taking it, because it';s blinding to use, I would like to use it, but if i do i lose the abaility too see where i'm going or what i'm doing...or anything.
    dialamx wrote: »
    You could always turn down/off the boom intensity in your video settings.

that dosn't help as mucha s you think it would, becasue your screen is still flooded with the flat, non glowly sparkle vfx items, still rendering it near impossble to see what you're doing or where you're going

• Options
    tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    On characters I use Millennial flight for I always have a secondary flight ability, I hardly use millennial flight anyways Unless I'm going for an out of control comet effect during rp's, its just so bright sometimes I wonder why they haven't made changes to it.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Its not as simple as taking a different travel power considering its the fastest chargeable flight.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,748 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    is the pun in the title intended? :x

Yeah the base effects could be reduced a bit.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Its not as simple as taking a different travel power considering its the fastest chargeable flight.
    Stats-wise absolutely identical to any other chargeable flight power -- 20/25/30 initial speed, +17/21/26 out of combat (twice).
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    This. Mill flight should not be changed.

However, the other flight powers need to be buffed up to the same speed.
    Mill flight is exactly the same speed as other flight powers, at least on live. It might have been faster in the past.

Nope, it is different. Weird. The advanced power description is bugged.
  • Options
    orrynnorrynn Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No, I like it the way it is. It fits a few toons I have. I do not want it changed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No. It should NOT be changed at all.

Not only is this my favorite travel power in the game, but it awesome to look at. I have my bloom and its intensity way up and it doesn't bother my eyes at all.

Maybe you could turn the bloom down and stop having them break the pretty effects in the game?

Rose_sig.png
  • Options
    highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just a quick notice, you can raise the "zoom out" cap in the "controls" tab of the options. It's a great improvement, and it makes this kind of effects less bothering.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I call it the eyestrain special. I have it but won't use it , since even at max distance, it's still unbearable to me.

That's with an antiglare coating on my glasses.

if I have anyone in an alert with it, I stay as far away from them as possible.Since I can't see a damn thing past it.

That was with my old computer which only ran on low quality fx, I haven't run into it yet with the new one and I am dreading it.

if someone else wants to use it, thats up to them. You just avoid them or adjust your settings.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    pharephare Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It is a bit annoying to have to deal with others using it in alerts.. but in no way should it be changed. It is a beautiful travel power.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The main reason I'm asking for the visuals to be toned down a notch, is because when I'm using it, I literally can not see where I'm going unless I zoom all the way out, and even then it's far from easy, and that is such a shame considering both how pretty it is and how much it would suit one of my characters, but simply put, the inability too see where you're going when you use it, is just that big of an obstacle, I simply can't use it, and I'm sure others have a similar issue too.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    You do have two travel powers.. use the other one. Or respec if you are not of level to have 2 and pick up M.F. towards the end of the leveling up. No one is forcing you to use it. True I find it annoying to have to deal with in alerts, however, I am not going to ruin some one else fun just because I find it to bright in some cases. Also .. put your camera out at max. It will help you have more of a field of vision.. but again.. no one is forcing you to use this power.

Many folks use one power for leveling up and so forth and then the fun overly bright or just plain silly looking but not useful to level up with travel power as there secondary. ((snow ball roll, skull flight, ecetra so on so forth))
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Not sure I see the problem with people using it in alerts since as soon as you're in combat, the TP changes to nothing but a glow around your character. All the shiny goes away in combat. Which is a pretty good move on their part.

That has to be a setting or something because I really can see just fine with the power. At least 40 out of 60+ characters uses it. Don't judge me. >.>

Also, whenever I quote someone it ends up being jacked up so... I'll just be over here.

Rose_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Not sure I see the problem with people using it in alerts since as soon as you're in combat, the TP changes to nothing but a glow around your character. All the shiny goes away in combat. Which is a pretty good move on their part.

That has to be a setting or something because I really can see just fine with the power. At least 40 out of 60+ characters uses it. Don't judge me. >.>

Also, whenever I quote someone it ends up being jacked up so... I'll just be over here.

so mean to tell me you can see where you're going though THIS?!

screenshot_2014-10-08-19-38-16_zpscc8dd90d.jpg

that's with the bloom set to 0% btw

because i can barely see where i'm going.

• Options
    morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Short answer: Yes. But that's also in part because I tend to angle the camera a bit so it's not directly behind me while I'm moving.

Secondary answer: I don't use Millenial flight indoors; it - like many other powers - is simply too fast to aim even if you can see where you're going. That's why I have acrobatics.

Tertiary answer: Yes, Millenial Flight is the fastest chargeable flight power - the description doesn't mention that it's got an extra final speed boost that only kicks in if you've been moving at the listed full speed for a bit already.

Final answer: I'd love to have a version of Millenial Flight that was a bit less overwhelming. But I also don't want to lose the current version; I'm only using it on one character, but that character is based around comet-themed powers, and the current version is really just perfect there.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Yes if you max out your camera distance.. you will be able to see. And.. no one is forcing you to use it in alerts and missions. To punish others fun because you will not adapt is wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Actually the Rainbow flights had this issue for a while and then, one day, were mysteriously adjusted so that the effect particles would go off to the side when flying instead of shooting dead center at your monitor.

I believe this kind of change would correct Notyuu's issue while, at the same time, not making any noticable changes for those who like the power.
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    *pulls off earrings*

SOMEONE HOLD MY WEAVE.

2iacu9g.jpg

Don't say another Godd*mn word. Up until now, I've been polite. If you say anything else - word one - I will kill myself. And when my tainted spirit finds its destination, I will topple the master of that dark place. From my black throne, I will lash together a machine of bone and blood, and fueled by my hatred for you this fear engine will bore a hole between this world and that one. When it begins, you will hear the sound of children screaming - as though from a great distance. A smoking orb of nothing will grow above your bed, and from it will emerge a thousand starving crows. As I slip through the widening maw in my new form, you will catch only a glimpse of my radiance before you are incinerated. Then, as tears of bubbling pitch stream down my face, my dark work will begin. I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Earth.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    593c8857548c981c56f2a4377ec2a453.jpg
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,748 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Don't say another Godd*mn word. Up until now, I've been polite. If you say anything else - word one - I will kill myself. And when my tainted spirit finds its destination, I will topple the master of that dark place. From my black throne, I will lash together a machine of bone and blood, and fueled by my hatred for you this fear engine will bore a hole between this world and that one. When it begins, you will hear the sound of children screaming - as though from a great distance. A smoking orb of nothing will grow above your bed, and from it will emerge a thousand starving crows. As I slip through the widening maw in my new form, you will catch only a glimpse of my radiance before you are incinerated. Then, as tears of bubbling pitch stream down my face, my dark work will begin. I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Earth.[/SIZE]

This is a very nice weave you had!

*runs*
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Why can't you use first person camera zoom when you are annoying everyone else with your millennial or phoenix flight?

Phoenix flight gives me some kind of minor epileptic seizure or something like Chinese water torture with its repetitive flapping that never varies in any way. The birds in my yard don't even do that annoying motion all day. Maybe it only needs to flap every three seconds, or on take off, because fire rises on its on power.

Millennial flight should be reduced to fastest flight, no effects, and free aura token for variants of the glow.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Millennial flight should be reduced to fastest flight, no effects, and free aura token for variants of the glow.

hotgifs2842.gif

giphy.gif
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I still find it funny how Millennial Flight is a 1000 Days Veter/Lifetime Reward despite how painful it

"Congratulations for reaching 1000 Days/ Buying Lifetime, Here's your Reward, a EYE-**** Travel Power that may cause Epilepsy and Headache, HAVE FUN~! :D"

I still believe that Phoenix Flight is as bad as Millennial
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Stats-wise absolutely identical to any other chargeable flight power -- 20/25/30 initial speed, +17/21/26 out of combat (twice).

Me, Kaiserin, and a few other players tested this actually. Millennial Flight's tooltip mentions nothing of it, but it has a fourth speed boost stage that activates after you've been moving continuously for long enough - when this activates, Millennial Flight becomes MUCH faster - like, faster than Jet Boots fast.

I'm leaning towards having the effects tuned down a bit, but I respect the opinions of those here who highly regard its visual appearance.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    edited October 2014
    bluhman wrote: »
    I'm leaning towards having the effects tuned down a bit, but I respect the opinions of those here who highly regard its visual appearance.

I like you. I'll kill you last.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited October 2014
    What about simply making a an alternative version of the Millennial Flight with graphical FX toned down?

Then everyone may roll with whatever effect they like.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Me, Kaiserin, and a few other players tested this actually.
    One of them being me. Yes, millennial flight has a fourth gear, meaning it has speed 30/56/82/108 instead of 30/56/82. That's probably a bug, so I'd be careful about what you ask for.
    Millennial Flight's tooltip mentions nothing of it, but it has a fourth speed boost stage that activates after you've been moving continuously for long enough - when this activates, Millennial Flight becomes MUCH faster - like, faster than Jet Boots fast.
    Same max as jet boots -- both allow a max of 108.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    All I ask for is for all flight powers to be fast like that.
    Just learn to love jet pack -- if you don't actually install a jet pack, it's FX-free, and its stats are identical to jet boots. Yes, you can't charge it, but that's no big loss.
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just learn to love jet pack -- if you don't actually install a jet pack, it's FX-free, and its stats are identical to jet boots. Yes, you can't charge it, but that's no big loss.

Doesn't always come with the god-awful sound effect though? So irritating.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Doesn't always come with the god-awful sound effect though? So irritating.

Yep.

Downfall to wanting full 3d movement and hovering: you're not gonna be the fastest person on the map. I like that it works that way. Having the best range of movement and the most speed is pretty unfair to the people who took superspeed, and literally only have one axis of motion.

Mil flight, on the other hand, is 34 months of subscribing. at normal prices, that's 510 bucks. Yeah, at that point it deserves to be the fastest thing around.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Warning - Personal opinions are being expressed here.

I use Millennial Flight and I do enjoy the way it is right now.

I appreciate the fourth gear speed and the visual FX. Usually when I am around other players I shut it off.

If people have a problem with the power they should simply move away from those who are using it or adjust their graphics so it isn't such an issue.

There is no need to squash the appeal of this power.

On the ability to see where you are going:

I have minimal issues with seeing where I am going with this power and I use it as a bright yellow colour. If a travel power was incredibly laggy (Shadow Wings as well as Phoenix Flight Rank 3 IMO) and was causing lag for other people...then I could get behind adjusting it.

As it is right now, other players will express their opinions at you if you happen to be around whilst using this power. In my experience it's mostly positive...others ask me to shut it off and I do or I just move, not really that much of an issue.