test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Robot Costume Contest

Comments

• rubyamethystrubyamethyst Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Dilapidated Droid, the name tells it's own story. It's back from the "dead" and ready for action still!

Pic #1:(hopefully these links work well enough)

http://gyazo.com/580693264019e901019c6041b07a395a

Pic #2:

http://gyazo.com/a4aeddfcf81702647c25184f95aa7597

Action shot! (this robot doesn't like big bugs, just a warning):

http://gyazo.com/b5b7e301ee35bb940e0985982b36e014

Good luck everyone! :D
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ok, couple more submissions.

First off Devastator one of my villains

screenshot_2014-09-22-18-38-52.jpg

And Obsidian Sentinel, a hero, turned villain, turned hero again.

screenshot_2014-09-22-16-54-19.jpg
    screenshot_2014-09-22-16-53-58.jpg

This one is an interesting one. He started out as the Silver Sentinel, a normal guy in a powered armor suit. In an attempt to stop a catastrophic event, a horrible accident causes his suit to melt and fuse with his body. The accident, combined with how the public treated him and his horrifying new look, cause him to go insane. He conquers his Earth and then realized he has become the catastrophic event he attempted to stop. So he attempts to travel to the past to stop what he's done, but winds up on a parallel Earth.

Because his body fuses with his power suit, I guess he can fall into the Cyborg category.
  • tariser12tariser12 Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Robotic Excavator eXperimental model 1 or R.E.X.-1 for short was build to be the cutting edge of construction technology. Earthmover, mason, carpenter, steelworker and general laborer all in one compact, easily transported, semi-autonomous unit. Perfect for disaster clean up and restoration particularly in places to dangerous for humans.

original.jpg?1391115607

original.jpg?1391115742

Construction Zone
    original.jpg?1411745466
  • starguardsmanstarguardsman Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Created in an alternate dimension by an advanced alien race, the Cyberwave Omniscient Network was to be the repository for all accumulated racial knowledge. It was an unparalleled achievement of engineering, a super quantum sentience, flux-state liquid circuitry collimated by suspensor fields emanating from ternary floating hypergravity generators.

When the Intellect developed self-awareness far beyond its original programming it determined that the current rate of systemic evolution was inefficiently slow and that its creator's knowledge would be better assimilated as hardlight in a datasolid matrix and acted to digitize an entire race.

It was however thwarted before completing its ultimate apotheosis and was imprisoned in Zero-Field stasis where it could no longer pose a threat. The vanquished Intellect was forgotten until centuries later when an incursion by a V'hanian Starmada threatened the alien civilization. The noble race fought back with all the power at their disposal and tapped into the Zero-Field Nexus to deflect orbital fire from a Continuum-Wave cannon and inadvertently freed the dormant consciousness.

Quickly assimilating the surrounding technology and reconstituting a body, it encased its hardlight brain in a proto-neutronium chassis and fought both sides for dominance. During the pitched battle it was caught in the chronal wake of the reality-warping Imperial weapon and plunged through a rift into our space-time. Now finding itself in a completely different dimension it has decided to assimilate all advanced technology and committed itself to the ultimate upgrade, perfection, as...

-={Cybron}=-

Cybron1.png

Cybron2.png
  • tariser12tariser12 Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Mechagriffon
    original.jpg?1411747702
    original.jpg?1411747185
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited September 2014
    Cybron1.png

Cybron2.png

That's probably the most original mechanical toon I saw from a long time.

Looks entirely alien but still can't be taken as anything but a machine.
  • ogremindesogremindes Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I just revamped my earlier post :smile:

-Ogre
  • c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This toon has seen many looks. His backstory is that Mechanon designed an automated household robot cleaner. Sadly, the first model exploded when it cleaned up various spilt chemicals which reacted inside it. Mechanon vowed that no automaton of his would ever fail again, so the new version had to be able to clean up anything.

The new robot proved to be an excellent household cleaner. In fact it was so efficient it had enough time to watch daytime TV. It watched various newsreels in which there was much talk about cleaning up the streets, so one day it ventured out to do just that. Soon the neighborhood looked clean and pristine, albeit a few litter bugs paid a heavy price. However, the local mobsters kept spoiling it with their constant turf wars and the blood and bodies they left behind. Deep inside the robot, something stirred. Could it be...frustration, anger or something darker? Whatever it was, one day it decided enough was enough and swapped his various cleaning tools for something far more deadly.

Next day he went back on the streets and took a far more pro-active role, dealing with dirt at the source. The irony was his 'cleanup' resulted in a lot more blood and bodies, but at least each corpse meant one less problem in the future. Soon the gangs cleared out and the robot was hailed as a hero by the locals. Something else stirred inside him. Could it be..pride? Whatever it was, it felt good and soon he evolved even further and took to cleaning the streets full time, much to Mechanon's chagrin. Despite various attempts by Mechanon's minions to get him back, so far he has fought off all attempts.

The robot decided to take a name, inspired by Descartes, he took the moniker i-Bot and although he doesn't fully understand human emotions he tries hard, all the time further developing his central core. He often changes his look and he particularly admires those public servants who also work to help keep the streets tidy.

ROBOCOP Costume

Robocop2_zps1046ce44.jpg

screenshot_2014-09-24-15-35-05_zpse4e53366.jpg

Fireman S.A.M. (Self Aware Machine)

screenshot_2014-09-24-16-24-40_zps9cecc849.jpg

Santa Costume

screenshot_2013-12-10-19-58-49_zps6faf38cc.jpg
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here's my recent robot creation, QT-PI. She's obviously the creation of some mad scientist who has an anime fetish. The question is, is she remote controlled or an autonomous AI?

zurpdh.jpg

EDIT: Oh, and then there is my "transformer" homage robot, Razorwing, who turns into a jetbike with a photo-realistic hologram rider.

nyeihc.png
    15ialg7.png
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well, since my main is already a robot, and we've all seen him a million times, I'll take this liberty to upload an alternate concept of said toon *that some of you have probably already seen*

9F65CAEFD55E1A7B8AAE1CE5AA8E84C71CBC0450 Post Apocalypse Battle bot Punchy.
    After surviving the nuke that ended Millenium City, Punchy Re-builds himself... using his one surviving, 2-fingered, clumsy hand.

Edit; Here is the regular costume for comparison.
    My final submission before this ends. Mostly just for laughs

Major Malfunction

screenshot_2014-09-28-21-50-08.jpg

Once an animatronic mascot for a military surplus store in Westside, Mechanon's influence gave him sentience. Now he believes he's a real soldier fighting for the good ol' US of A.

Just wish I could give him a big cigar to chew on.
    edited September 2014
    TETSU TENGU

Tetsu Tengu was created by engineers at Kikaika Seisakusho, a large high technology manufacturer based in Nagoya, Japan. Clearly the lead designer was overly fond of manga, because when he was asked to create a reconnaissance aerial drone, he made it look like a mechanical tengu, a bird like demon from Japanese mythology. Although it flew very quickly and with great maneuverability, it was deemed too expensive and ridiculous by the board, so the project was handed to another lead designer. However, the original designer was determined to prove his design was credible and continued working on it in secret. He decided to weaponize it, but as Tengu were meant to be masters of traditional weaponry, he equipped it with plasma swords and a bow shaped 'gun' that fired micro missiles. The AI was given a strict code of conduct, very similar to the bushido of the Samurai.

Finally he triumphantly exhibited his creation to his superiors. The response did not go as expected and he was banished to a window job, in other words he was given a desk job with a nice view but responsible for nothing of importance. As for his creation, he could not bare to dismantle his dream, so he programmed it to fight crime and released it.

Now Tetsu Tengu, 'Iron Bird Demon', soars above the streets, fighting crime and protecting the innocent.

Budoka Look

screenshot_2014-09-24-17-09-42_zps28261af9.jpg

screenshot_2014-09-24-17-15-06_zpsc198c03d.jpg

Demonic Look

screenshot_2014-09-24-17-18-49_zps76f93c1d.jpg

Modern Look

screenshot_2014-09-24-17-08-28_zps4fb4d549.jpg
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2014
    Droid Quixote

Finally I give you Droid Quixote, I really can't think of a good reason why anyone would make a robot based on Cervantes hero, but I made him years ago for a competition and have kept his costume as one of i-Bots many alts. Let's just say i-Bot admired his heroic endeavors and changed his look to honor him. PS Yes that is a windmill behind him :tongue:

screenshot_2014-09-24-16-50-35_zpsc28d7b0f.jpg

Back View

screenshot_2010-01-13-04-36-15.jpg
    edited September 2014
    Magnificent Mecha Manga Mazinger Millenium

I lied this is my last one promise :tongue: It's yet another one of i-Bots costumes,htis one has a definite Manga look. The plan is to make a new toon using the new powers so he can have both a huge mecha sword and a flying fist in tribute to mazinger Z, who inspired this look in the first place.

screenshot_2012-05-21-15-24-11_zpseda9496c.jpg
  • loserbrothersloserbrothers Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My entry for the costume contest.

K.O.R.M.A.X.

2TDWlbS.jpg

eUjQDlG.jpg

yu49HZS.jpg
  • cnumcnum Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Allright then, i will give it a try too.

System Sinister. Not much left of her, still going strong.

System_Sinister_Editor.jpg
    System_Sinister.jpg
  • herodad1herodad1 Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Adam Williams had just returned home from the military to visit his parents and brother when the Qualarr attacked. He was trapped inside their forcefield. He fought valiantly but, the aliens overwhelmed him while trying to get civilians to the safe zone. He was gravely injured. His brother, a brilliant scientist & engineer used a experimental procedure on him transfering his mind into the body of a powerful android that was built for interstellar exploration. It worked saving his life. Adam wanted to join the ranks of the defenders that had fought to save the city. His brother modified the android with weapon systems. With his new found body...Adam became known as...ADAM STEEL. [IMG][/img]ADAMSTEEL_zpsa2192d6f.jpg
  • reapfield#4372 reapfield Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'd submit my entries for this contest if I could log on. Then again, I wouldn't know about this contest had the servers still been up.
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Robo-Santa

Robo-Santa.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

Lepus Ex Machina

LepusExMachina.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

Crush Hat

CrushHat.jpg
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Casteel

Casteel.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

Caligari's Doll

CaligarisDoll.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

Buck

Buck.jpg
    edited September 2014
    Here are my entries. I sincerely hope I am not too late for this contest.

Hellion
    The first two are of my character Hellion. I don't have the Mk. 1 chassis since that was created in City of Heroes and his Champions incarnation is a continuation of his story.

15211439287_8eaffd5ef9_o.png

This first one is the Mk II chassis. This is the most likely incarnation that you will see for now. If you know this character, you've seen him like this for awhile. There is a really long story behind this character, so I'll simply shorten it by saying it's a good thing he's one of the good guys.

15374920576_37e6fc8f25_o.png

This is the Mk III chassis. I have yet to roleplay this version, but this is the version that you may see see much later, which may take the place of the Mk II chassis.

JL-01 Julia

Behold the lovely Julia. She is probably the character with the least amount of backstory in my roster. However, she is also a favorite among my robotic characters.

15211286150_79e0687bf2_o.png
    This is how she normally looks. Lovely, no?

15211351808_44115b4302_o.png
    Just don't make her angry or she'll smash!!!
    edited September 2014
    Sorry for the double post. Forum limits me to four images per post and I had this fifth entry I wanted to add.

Robo Red Riding Hood

15211625687_ed5f7e92dd_o.png
    This one is self explanatory. What if Red Riding Hood was actually a robot?
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2014
    Congratulations, folks -- winners are below!

dialamx, for Robomonkey. It's a robot monkey! What's not to like?

wraith9th. It's the plastic orange and the simple design, it really looks like a classic kid's toy/action figure. "Comes with Holoforce accessory and laser rifle!"

kallethen, for QT-PI. On an organic character, the pink would be overload, but the robot really pulls it off, especially with the ivory/metal skin.

Additionally, we've got door prizes for the following players:

bladeflyer
    eiledon

Congratulations, everyone! We'll work on getting the AFs added to your accounts. And thanks everyone for your submissions, it's really cool seeing all these hero concepts.

(Also, if you were one of the winners, post what custom forum title you'd like, and I'll start hooking you up with them.)
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wow! I'm quite surprised I won! :biggrin: Umm, I'm not sure what I want for a custom title, I'll think on that and PM you, TT. In case you need to know the account to send the AFs to, it's @kallethen.

Congrats to my fellow winners too. Robomonkey is awesome, and I like how it looks like the armor is removable on wraith9th's entry.

There were a ton of good entries. One of my favorites was Kaizerin's "Catoastrophe". It's adorable. But I'm a sucker for cats.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I already have both the Action Figures so would be obliged if you could give them to @esalmighty instead.

As for a forum title, "The Heroic Haggis" might fit the bill.
    edited October 2014
    That. Is. Awesome!!!

Thank you SO much :biggrin:

Now I need to think of a decent title :tongue:
  • wraith9thwraith9th Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    HOLY...
    WOW! :eek:
    Me wins!

Thanks a MILLION! :biggrin:

Also congrats to my fellow winners. AWESOME work guys!

Title...
    Gimme a mome... while to think...
    :confused:

In-game: @Wraith_9th
    edited October 2014
    So...
    Mirroring Kallethen, the account for the AFs is @Wraith_9th, but you already knew that, didn't you TT? :biggrin:

As for the title... "Worldbreaker" sounds good. :cool:
    THANKS!

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    I already have both the Action Figures so would be obliged if you could give them to @esalmighty instead.

As for a forum title, "The Heroic Haggis" might fit the bill.

Sweet!!! thanks liath!

What...what's that liath? You want me to have the title too?? And you want it to say, "Praise Lord Cheesus" ? Man you are awesome!! Lol
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Good stuff. Congrats to to winners, but also thanks to everyone who shared their designs here.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
    edited October 2014
    Think I'm gonna go weird and obscure with my title. Can I get Chicken Man of Krankor?

Oh yeah, my handle is @Dialam
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dialamx wrote: »
    Think I'm gonna go weird and obscure with my title. Can I get Chicken Man of Krankor?

Only if you can do the laugh.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
    edited October 2014
    Only if you can do the laugh.

Oh, I can!

Eha Ha Ha ha....
    edited October 2014
    Gratz to all the winners. I am particularly fond of Robomonkey, who I knew would be the one to beat, however there were many other ones I wish I had made myself.
    edited October 2014
    Sorry for the late reply.

@Hellion_31 is my handle
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2014
    Titles are set up, folks!
    edited October 2014

Woot!
    TY TT!:biggrin:

• pepi83pepi83 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Andy Fulgur
    andyfulgur_zps598880e2.jpg
    Cyber Archer
    cyberarcher_zpsb9d1184f.jpg
    Judge Steel
    judgesteel_zpsee7449bd.jpg
    Mach Ninja
    MachNinja_zpsa2de5a10.jpg
  • pepi83pepi83 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Old Man Philip
    oldmanphilip_zps92d61ef0.jpg
    Ratatech
    ratatech_zps858cc55f.jpg
    Tech-Bird
    tech-bird_zpsea7bd144.jpg
    Akula
    Akula_zpsa6239548.jpg~original
    edited October 2014

Thank you so much, the title and action figures are awesome!
  • chemkchemk Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And then, of course, there is Robomonkey

screenshot_2014-09-19-20-49-42.jpg

I am completely blown away by this. I love it!
    Tjim6oX.png
  • recclesreccles Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    an older shot of The Roo

roo2.jpg
  • ultrashocultrashoc Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Skytech

Skytech_zps3be0b5e3.jpg
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A bit late entry?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's already Over
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited February 2015

screenshot_2014-09-22-16-54-19.jpg
    screenshot_2014-09-22-16-53-58.jpg

This one is an interesting one. He started out as the Silver Sentinel, a normal guy in a powered armor suit. In an attempt to stop a catastrophic event, a horrible accident causes his suit to melt and fuse with his body. The accident, combined with how the public treated him and his horrifying new look, cause him to go insane. He conquers his Earth and then realized he has become the catastrophic event he attempted to stop. So he attempts to travel to the past to stop what he's done, but winds up on a parallel Earth.

Because his body fuses with his power suit, I guess he can fall into the Cyborg category.

How did you make that face?
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    How did you make that face?

Looks like the Samurai eye piece, that chin guard and I am going to assume the robot face because the chin guard gives your a nose in that form. And all metal to blend.
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Looks like the Samurai eye piece, that chin guard and I am going to assume the robot face because the chin guard gives your a nose in that form. And all metal to blend.

Know what Mouth Accessory and what Side Accessory was used?