test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Edit Your Avatar" Button Works Now

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited October 2014 in Super News Network
'Nuff said. Many thanks to our NetOps and Engineering teams.

(If you're still having issues, log out and back in, clear your cache, open a new browser, usual stuff.)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• corethlcorethl Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There's still an issue, but it's not obvious.

On the main forum page, clicking the link takes you to http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=editavatar.

But if you click the link available when it appears somewhere else, like, for example, this page, it'll try to take you to http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/avatar.php. Which doesn't work (and honestly, didn't act like the profile.php?do=edit avatar).

I'd honestly have your people look at the STO version, which does still work, at http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/avatar.php, which also allows them to change their title (which CO's used to do before all of this).
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    But Defender is still smirking at the top left corner...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    But Defender is still smirking at the top left corner...
    He's penetrated the code from the other side.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    But you know what would make bards sing songs of these NetOps and Engineering teams and maidens cheer of their chivalrous deeds?
    To make our Titles work.
    You merry men thought that slaying dragons was easy? Think again!
    I think i may have gotten the theme wrong....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    But you know what would make bards sing songs of these NetOps and Engineering teams and maidens cheer of their chivalrous deeds?
    To make our Titles work.

I remember the Great Forum Migration, from the old Cryptic Forums to the PWE versions, and how long that took for the engineers to do for STO. Unfortunately, it's very unlikely that would get done for CO, it's just not an efficient use of their time -- there are other projects I'd rather they work on.

corethl wrote: »
    On the main forum page, clicking the link takes you to http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=editavatar.

But if you click the link available when it appears somewhere else, like, for example, this page, it'll try to take you to http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/avatar.php. Which doesn't work (and honestly, didn't act like the profile.php?do=edit avatar).

Daaaaaaang iiiiiiiiiiiiit...
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    { click }

Still dark gray for me.

Hmm...

{follows TT directions and logs out and back in, clears cache, opens a new browser}

{ clicks again }

More grayness.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • hypricon1hypricon1 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I cannot change my avatar either.. goes to blank screen. I linked my accounts a loooong time ago.

I would love to have an avatar that didn't _ _ _ _. Just sayin
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah it's STILL Broken for me!

Tried both Firefox and Chrome, Deleting Cookies, cache and History and the Page keeps Sending me into Oblivion

I don't think it's 100% Fixed, Just saying
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's 40% fixed. To use it properly you have to do it from the main Forum index.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ZedBlock-200.jpg