test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Secondary Q-items overrated and overpriced?.

diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Items and Crafting
2 days ago i got my final piece of the 3piece set for seconday Q-items for 11k each,
and i was hesitant from the start if it was actually worth all that grind to get the 33k needed,
simply because granted they have 25% damage bonus with 3/3, but the amount of other stats
that are lost ... it didn't seem worth it. But everyone kept saying that are the best secondary items.

So now i have them. On my Ego-blade build i went with the +25% non-physical damage since
ego-blades (hopefully) aren't counted as physical, eventho they are melee.

But here was the BIG letdown.

My Ego-surge went from 42sec CD to 58 seconds, and counting the amount of crit lost
over those seconds, its a HUGE dps-loss for equipping "the best secondary" items.

And then there's the insane stat-loss. My blue/purple secondary had +30 stats on them for
the superstats. The Secondary Q-items has +19 i believe, and then +8 to the other stats -
and that's about it. So the amount of stats lost ALSO impacts the dps further.

So.. in my opinion, based on these facts, i would say it's pretty evident that spending 33k Q
on these items once you are 40 - is a complete waste of time unless you simply don't have any items,
but it would still be better to buy items from AH for 5g per piece then spending 11k Q on each of these items.

Anyone else who care to disagree and can proove me wrong?.
Post edited by diggot on

Comments

• Options
    novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Can't help but agree... I had stuff on my savage which gave me like +50-75 cons overall. I used armadillo and it went down to around +24-35. That's a huge drop in health for me. Not to mention the defense rating and CDR (not too big a impact on this one) which went down. And my second gears cost a total of 70G only

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    melee refers to the range of attacks
    any power will be tagged either ranged, melee or DOT

1 Non physical damage

A paranormal damage

a ego damage
    b magic damage
    c dimensional damage

B energy damage

a particle damage
    b electric damage
    c sonic damage

C elemental damage

a toxic damage
    b ice damage
    c fire damage

2 physical damage

A physical damage

a slashing damage
    b piercing damage
    c crushing damage

as far as whether they are worth it is up to you 11k q is a very small price
    i usually get them for new level 6s and level up with them and drop for better gear when i hit 40
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    And now I wonder how many ways there are for a player to do those damage types.... Especially Dimensional.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    And now I wonder how many ways there are for a player to do those damage types.... Especially Dimensional.

dimensional is darkness and celestial power sets also some advantages in martial arts : unarmed
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited September 2014
    On the Savage with Juggernaut spec Armadillo secondaries don't make a lot of sense, but on many squishy toons they are useful.

33k Questionite for the entire secondaries set is not too much.

They are mostly leveling gear, though.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What makes you think the secondaries that cost 11,000 Q are supposed to be the 'best secondaries'? There are secondaries that cost 150,000Q, and those really do have impressive stats.
  • Options
    diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So not to derial this thread, but are you saying that my Q-items that enhances my damage-strength for NON-Physical attacks, does not work on Ego-blades !?. If that's the case, then the GM's my reimburse my 33K Q because of poor ingame description.

Besides that, i think we all can conclude that these items ARE useless for a L40.

/case closed.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    ego blades are ego damage therefore buffed by a non physical boost
    however due to cryptic match you are only getting a 12.5 damage boost of actual damage
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    'Physical' is only crushing, slashing, and piercing types (though those 3 make up a large swath of the powers in this game). 'Non-physical' is everything else (including TK blades, which are ego/paranormal dmg type).

imo, the dmg-boosting Q gear isn't worth it. The 25% set bonuses are additive dmg, and thus get hit hard by diminishing returns (at least if ur an FF) as ur gear/level gets better. Armadillo's 25% dmg resist is also subject to DR- but for builds w/ low defense, like glass cannon ATs, 25% extra dmg res does help a good deal.. even if it get diminished a bit.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    jimhsuajimhsua Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    diggot wrote: »
    its a HUGE dps-loss for equipping "the best secondary" items.
    BTW the sets you refer to are not the best secondaries

vigilante secondaries are the best
  • Options
    superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    These sets are not very good all around at Lvl.40, BUT they are amazing Level Up gear!!

You can get scaling stats for Alerts afaik, and on top of it you do not have to switch gear whenever you level (and the AH is really empty of good gear most of the time). The set bonus is the icing on the cake.

They are good for FF build to fill the holes while leveling:
    -The defense one is great for offensive or support passives that need survivability. I use them on several characters.

-The offensive ones are useful on defensive or support passives or if you are using IDF. Even though their damage are addictive and so the bonus is much less than expected you still recoup the addictive damage lost to these power choices.

At lvl.40.... depending on the builds you probably lose too much in stats for an optimized build. As you pointed out CD reduction and Cost reduction were lost in the shuffle for these sets and for that they are at abig disadvantage.

• Options
    ignengiignengi Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ive always thought the Nemesis Heirloom and Catalyst gear was better way to go. 33K Q is nothing I have to toss around, and the Q gear binds to character, while my set of Nemesis gear I just drop into the shared bank with vehicles and and other loot.

Though Im getting to the point where there isnt much left for me to buy with Q aside from the way pricey TPs and vehicle weapons, and the exchange is out of the question as well. I may try building a toon with some of this gear to see how it goes.
  • Options
    shawtyhot364shawtyhot364 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Can you guys please remove the u-09 crybaby grenade from the game . It is beyond stealth exploit. Even players with perception can't see through due to the permanent placate. please do something about the issue.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Can you guys please remove the u-09 crybaby grenade from the game . It is beyond stealth exploit. Even players with perception can't see through due to the permanent placate. please do something about the issue.
    That seems entirely off-topic for this thread. In any case, it is removed, in that it's a legacy item that can no longer be crafted.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Your wish was granted years ago. Welcome to the 2014.

And, i haven't touched the Q-secondaries, don't see a point.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jamesbonnelljamesbonnell Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've tried them on some characters.

I don't find the damage boosting ones to be useful - except for one character, a Night Warrior / Regen "flying claws scrapper" type. There, the damage boost may not be a lot, but it was noticeable, and the loss of stats wasn't a huge big deal. Wasn't really a big difference either way, but tooltip damage was higher.

Armadillo secondaries, on the other hand - my leveling gear for pretty much all my in-progress characters is Nemesis primaries, and Armadillo secondaries. Especially for anyone without a defensive passive.

I first tried it on an AoPM character - squishy! - and it worked so well that it's just my standard now.

I typically gear 40s with Silver Champion Recognition primaries and unique secondaries, but sometimes the Armadillo gear still gives that extra bit of protection. I have it on a regen Gravitar tank - and now I can block through yellow bubbles and live. Couldn't without the extra boost from Armadillo. So, even though it's per character, I don't consider it a waste as it can come in handy for some fights to have a build that uses the Armadillo, even if it's not the usual gear.
  • Options
    gaarafrednorrispgaarafrednorrisp Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Armadillo secondaries are amazing for tank characters even if you already have a high defense rating and your passive gives a huge boost. Granted.. it's tank ROLE and not "Oh i'mma tank cause I got tank stuff". Cyber/Samurai secondaries COULD be useful for tank characters.. but I'm really too lazy to check.
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
  • Options
    stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Hi.

You lost a duel yes?
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    it goes like this..the best secondries are the vigilante gear, and they also have the rather...intresting effect of boosting your primary SS by a lot, meaning you could.

use vig gear to boost your primary SS and slot mods for your secondry SS into your primary gear (3 mods per secondry stat) and you'll end up pretty balanced, doing a nice amount of...everything.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    notyuu wrote: »
    it goes like this..the best secondries are the vigilante gear, and they also have the rather...intresting effect of boosting your primary SS by a lot, meaning you could.

use vig gear to boost your primary SS and slot mods for your secondry SS into your primary gear (3 mods per secondry stat) and you'll end up pretty balanced, doing a nice amount of...everything.
    If you don't have End or Rec as one of your Super Stats you should probably use at least one of the slots in your primary gear for that. It will likely improve your characters overall power more than if you'd just focused on your Super Stats.