test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Casting Call: The Adventurers needs a villain!

historiphilehistoriphile Posts: 86 Arc User
Hi everyone!

One of the great features of the Adventurers SG is our occasional RP story arcs, which you can read more about on our PRIMUS database page. It's a great chance for us to solve a crime and add to our characters' development as we go!

For this next arc, we want to get back to an old-fashioned criminal plot. A caper of some kind. Maybe a mysterious killing? Theft of some rare and valuable item? All with a nice mystery of who did it, why, and how can we stop them?

The Adventurers takes care to focus on specific kinds of hero characters. Conversely, our villain needs to be someone who is any/all of the following:
  • Tech-based/science based (NOT magic/mystical)
  • Part of organized crime (doesn't have to be a super villain!)
  • An true antagonist & foil for our heroes - preferably not a sappy anti-villain, although some nuance & complexity in their motive is appreciated
  • Not over-powered - relative to the Adventurers, many of whom are just normal squishy humans in costumes (but a good villain is just a smidge more powerful than us to keep it interesting)

The character is one thing. As a set of guidelines, a suitable player would be some or all of the following:
  • An experienced roleplayer
  • Someone with a creative, flexible mind
  • Able to roll with the punches, adapt to situations
  • Able to commit to a weekly sessions on North American evenings/weekends for a few weeks; sessions could be anywhere 3 hrs and under preferably, plus optional side missions throughout the week if you can do that
  • Someone who can be a good sport about losing in the end (but you'll probably get to feel the thrill of victory for at least the first half of the arc!)
  • Willing to work in collaboration on the overall story arc with the Adventurers leader
  • Competent with typing in English (if you haven't reasonably mastered the use of the 'shift' key or space bar, please move along).
  • Skilled at RPing combat (PvP can be done but.... we generally prefer not)
  • Someone who would love to construct a great mystery for us to solve
  • Someone who can separate IC and OOC

If you have a villain character, a plot, and the time to work with us, please contact Red Spider@historiphile through in-game mail. Prepare a submission giving an overview of your villain character and a basic premise for a villainous plot we could unravel, a crime we could solve. I'm really looking for a mystery that unfolds over the course of a few sessions and concludes with a big confrontation, so keep that in mind! You don't have to come up with it all yourself, I will help you since I know the team and know some good ways to challenge them.

Because I may get a number of submissions, I want to thank you all in advance for your time. We'll probably only take one villain for this arc, but I really want to hear your ideas. Maybe I'll find a way to work you in.

I'll try to check this forum post for replies, too, but in-game mail really is the best way to go! Thanks!
Post edited by historiphile on

Comments

• Options
    geigertronicgeigertronic Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    In-game mail sent.
    I have binders full of villains.