Post your BEST costumes here!

Comments

• novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dajikuni wrote: »
    2 part post of my Night Avenger : Shadow Panther

2iiegw2.jpg

How did you get solid eyes on that Socrates helmet? O.o

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    How did you get solid eyes on that Socrates helmet? O.o

Eye Accessories and face sliders.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Eye Accessories and face sliders.

You can face-slider Soc? :eek:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What chest is that?

Samurai Plate from the Epic Samurai set.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You can face-slider Soc? :eek:

No - that's the point. The slider affects the face that's behind that, and if you pick the right settings, you can get bits of the head to clip out of the socrates helmet. Such as those eye accessories, or the gas mask mouth accessory.
    edited August 2014
    morigosa wrote: »
    No - that's the point. The slider affects the face that's behind that, and if you pick the right settings, you can get bits of the head to clip out of the socrates helmet. Such as those eye accessories, or the gas mask mouth accessory.

Oh, yeah. That's right. D'OH!

Did you know Mood - facial gestures - effects goggles? I stumbled onto it one day while trying to recreate a specific face on one of the villains - Tachyon. His costume uses a Visor and I was trying to figure out which one.

At first I could not figure out why my heroes face did not look the same as in the pic I was trying to copy, until I gave up, thinking it was close enough, and messed with the Mood section.

Mood can really change the shape of many Masks and Visors. Determined and Angry change them the most. It does not alter Glasses.

If you already knew this, I'll leave it here for the next guy who might just learn something new about costume creation. :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Edit: All moved to my costumes thread (see under my signature, below).
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Did you know Mood - facial gestures - effects goggles?

And i hate, hate, hate that "feature"...
    On the Speedster Goggles specially. Like WTH man, what glue you used to put these on????
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited September 2014
    Did you know Mood - facial gestures - effects goggles? I stumbled onto it one day while trying to recreate a specific face on one of the villains - Tachyon. His costume uses a Visor and I was trying to figure out which one.

I too hate this feature. It doesn't happen on female models though.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited September 2014
    I too hate this feature. It doesn't happen on female models though.

Did not know that.

I find it kind of cool, because it happens in comics. Not all comics, just some of them. Usually, in books where the writer and artist both have a humorous agenda. When Hawkeye made an appearance in She-Hulk, I remember his mask re-shaping to his expressions.

I seem to recall them doing this to Robin in the recent Teen Titans animated series. It's a style preference, it's not for everyone.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited September 2014
    Recent battle form for my robot girl.
    Well, not that recent, the thing has more than a month.

2kj63b.jpg

Tactical tights are my favorite set for now. Especially this synthetic muscle pattern.

I seem to recall them doing this to Robin in the recent Teen Titans animated series. It's a style preference, it's not for everyone.

Style or not, it just doesn't makes sense with anything but skin-tight domino masks. But it happends even on goggles and glasses...

But then, CO facial moods are absolutely terrible and I rarely see anyone using them. So it's not a big deal.
    edited September 2014
    But then, CO facial moods are absolutely terrible and I rarely see anyone using them. So it's not a big deal.

Not all of them are terrible...and of those that are not terrible they are very useful in giving a non-generic face if coupled well with the face sliders.

Not a big deal to some...bigger deal to others.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here's two of my heroes:

Scrap Heap

screenshot_2014-09-08-04-49-22.jpg

And Ratchet

screenshot_2014-09-06-16-29-37.jpg

Both of which are older heroes of mine, brought back from my failed concept pile, with new looks and power sets
    edited September 2014
    dialamx wrote: »
    Here's two of my heroes:

Scrap Heap

Both of which are older heroes of mine, brought back from my failed concept pile, with new looks and power sets

Please teach me how to make that head!!!

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
    edited September 2014
    Please teach me how to make that head!!!

Simples! From a cursory glance I would say it is Soldier Tech Visor Down (Hats and Helmets), Armored Jaw Hinged (Mouth Accessories), Steampunk Goggles (Eye Accessories) and Crest Sharp Forward (Top Accessories).

Colour the head an appropriate dark colour to hide it and voila!
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited September 2014
    Simples! From a cursory glance I would say it is Soldier Tech Visor Down (Hats and Helmets), Armored Jaw Hinged (Mouth Accessories), Steampunk Goggles (Eye Accessories) and Crest Sharp Forward (Top Accessories).

When Bluhman made this one -

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3919331&postcount=93

- the face was hidden even more by flattening the face s much as possible with the sliders (nose, eyes).
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited September 2014

Spot on.

Good eye for pieces there.
    When Bluhman made this one -

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3919331&postcount=93

- the face was hidden even more by flattening the face s much as possible with the sliders (nose, eyes).

I did that at first. Then I decided the Skull head worked really well as is

I set his Mood to Angry, to give the unhinged jaw look
    edited September 2014
    Wow thanks! Never thought about a black mask to be used as a mouth

~me
    edited October 2016
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited September 2014
    So the new clockwork armour really helped me in making a powersuit for my speedster, Fast Track....

screenshot_2014-09-12-16-13-59.jpg

That helmet... Me want!!!

~me
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    dialamx wrote: »
    Here's two of my heroes:

Scrap Heap

For those who like the concept another trick is to use Humanoid Head - Oiled Skin. By choosing an appropriate pattern and setting glows to max you can create the illusion of a glow inside the mouth - ala Ultron. Only works on male characters though. :(
    edited September 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    For those who like the concept another trick is to use Humanoid Head - Oiled Skin. By choosing an appropriate pattern and setting glows to max you can create the illusion of a glow inside the mouth - ala Ultron. Only works on male characters though. :(

It also works with Rock Skin.
  • wraith9thwraith9th Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    And I have gotten the best glow with Creepy Clown... :biggrin:

In-game: @Wraith_9th
  • brasston2501brasston2501 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here are a few of my favorites.

W.A.S.P. of War. Dr. Darrell Hutchins wearing his Weaponized Augmentation and Strategic Protection armor.

vja0iOJ.jpg

lwxEPMa.jpg

Brazen Bull. The child of an Ancient God who was kidnapped by a rival diety and trapped inside a suit of armor fueled by his own inherited fiery powers. The suit will only come off of he performs enough heroic tasks. However it causes him constant pain and rage, and every time he gives in and hurts an innocent the armor binds on tighter.

k4klYzk.jpg

nhlEiPG.jpg
    edited September 2014
    Couple more.

Street Witch. A City Shaman, she speaks to the spirits of Concrete, Electricity, Sewage, Roaches, Rats, etc. She can call on them to aid her when needed.

ZA8XVWY.jpg

Here she is calling Sewage up to the surface.

D5HAaKO.jpg

and one of my newest ones, Timmy the Tiger

He was an animatronic Tiger mascot at a "Chompy the Chimp" restaurant that the Maniacs decided to use for handy hostages. Things went bad and 12 people were killed, including children. One of the distraught parents who had a dabbling of magical know how attempted to perform a seance at the shut down pizzeria and inadvertently brought something else back instead. It's possessed the Timmy mascot and has a serious issue with gang members.

oNoE0XO.jpg

And this is what he looked like before.

7NOWbrz.jpg
  • numaman1990numaman1990 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ZemKp2L.jpg

NwyqG5l.jpg

One photo is Barnacle-Lad who is the sidekick of Sea Lancer patroling the ocean sea.
    The other is the mysterious Phantom Moth, gliding in the mid air and ready to tackle injustice with his boot to the face!
    edited September 2014
    Love that shot of Phantom Moth.
    edited September 2014
    Both costumes for my RA character. This thing will be either retrained, or kept only for RP and running UNITY, though.

Combat mode:

r7qj3q.jpg

Standby mode:

zt8xtu.jpg

A helmetless version of a costume for my Malvan-produced clone soldier:

2my3t37.jpg

A basic costume for my ice manipulator:

1zl69w9.jpg
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Both costumes for my RA character. This thing will be either retrained, or kept only for RP and running UNITY, though.

Combat mode:

r7qj3q.jpg

Standby mode:

zt8xtu.jpg

Those are GORGEOUS!!!!
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    W.A.S.P. of War. Dr. Darrell Hutchins wearing his Weaponized Augmentation and Strategic Protection armor.

Oh man, I like this guy. Very classic look, kudos.
  • menotrpamenotrpa Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Colt
    City enforcment cybernetics division
    eqIV0lQ.jpg
    ic6DSiH.jpg
    5MaXmc0.jpg

• makozmakoz Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    @menotrpa Awesome design!

Kragoth seems to have also been hit by the clawed inspiration for a few modifications ;D

VlJkqid.pngzOwu5NG.png
    PcBZG64.png
  • synthozoicsynthozoic Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I like these heavy suits of power armor or cyborg bodies, Makoz and Menotrpa!

I never really liked skin tight suits that are claimed to be powered armor. I never really liked Iron Man's old school 60s and 70s skin tight armor:

Hero-Envy-Iron-Man.jpg

It just seemed implausible to me because there's no place to hide the servos, linkages and actuators. It's like someone airbrushed his skin with gold and red paint. This might show off Stark's physique but I have a hard time believing such thin armor could stop bullets or amply his strength to superhuman levels.

The modern renditions are much easier to suspend disbelief over and look supremely slick and formidable:

the_avengers_iron_man-t2.jpg
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What was the secret... idk, magnets?
    wvyd7o.jpg

(None the less nice costumes everybody!)
    edited September 2014
    Final costume for Deathlark's armored mode. Kinda more streamlined than the previous one and with reduced curves.
    2mzigyw.jpg

And an intermediary form between her armored and human pretender modes:
    10cnbzt.jpg

If it is similar to Binary's combat mode it's probably because Binary's costume was based off of it. But then, Binary is just a replacement body for Deathlark's brain so it all makes sense to have it made with the same technology.

synthozoic wrote: »
    I like these heavy suits of power armor or cyborg bodies, Makoz and Menotrpa!

I never really liked skin tight suits that are claimed to be powered armor. I never really liked Iron Man's old school 60s and 70s skin tight armor:

Hero-Envy-Iron-Man.jpg

It just seemed implausible to me because there's no place to hide the servos, linkages and actuators. It's like someone airbrushed his skin with gold and red paint. This might show off Stark's physique but I have a hard time believing such thin armor could stop bullets or amply his strength to superhuman levels.

The modern renditions are much easier to suspend disbelief over and look supremely slick and formidable:

the_avengers_iron_man-t2.jpg

Welcome to the superhero books.

The reason for old skin-tight suits for robots and power armor were the comic book industry production requirements for twenty pages monthly with no digital techniques making work faster.

The same quick template for drawing everyone in every possible kind of suit.

It was never about realism.

Also, chances are hydraulics and servos will be obsolete within a decade or two.

Granted, it still doesn't makes Tony's classic costume any more "realistic" because back then artificial muscles weren't a thing even in theory.
  • synthozoicsynthozoic Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Also, chances are hydraulics and servos will be obsolete within a decade or two.

And I guess new developments in molecular chainmail mesh might do away with a lot of the heavy plating and layered chobham too.

It's not about realism. I can dig it.

Still like heavy suits though.
    edited October 2016
    zrdRBy8.png
  • lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here's my latest toon, Leatherwing. Basically a Batman homage with a nastier attitude.

In chronological order.....

Victorian Mystery Man...
    screenshot_2014-09-27-17-21-34.jpg

Golden Age Crime-buster...
    screenshot_2014-09-27-17-20-17.jpg

Brooding Vigilante...
    screenshot_2014-09-27-17-20-42.jpg

Silver Age Superhero...
    screenshot_2014-09-27-17-19-41.jpg

Dem costumes are godly..

These are great.

Did i mention they're great?

Yeah, they're pretty great. Nice work as always, Zenith. *Double thumbs up*
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Chernobyl's graphite form.

fk9ow9.jpg
    2e1rmue.jpg
    23mx10h.jpg
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited October 2016
    zrdRBy8.png
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My latest entry which was a big surprise to me that I won back to back to last nights C-Cs. :biggrin:

Kydan
    j0csp2.jpg

(Can't see them that well but there are 90s Goggles on. Have to be at the right angle to see them)

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Last night, Kaiserin, Crosschan, and I joined forces to become a kind of harrowing trio of animatronics.
    6tt0MZV.png
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• nikeixnikeix Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Been refining this one for a while :) ~

RainenDeskSized2014_zps0648aa38.jpg~original
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    bluhman wrote: »
    Last night, Kaiserin, Crosschan, and I joined forces to become a kind of harrowing trio of animatronics.
    It is like a scene from a very cute horror movie.
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    6tt0MZV.png

Yall available for birthday parties?
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    Last night, Kaiserin, Crosschan, and I joined forces to become a kind of harrowing trio of animatronics...

invadeph.jpg
  • lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kaizerin wrote: »
    invadeph.jpg

Thanks for the nightmares.. I'll now think of this every time I see Bluh's anamatronic rabbit.

( ._.)
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • menotrpamenotrpa Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kaizerin wrote: »
    invadeph.jpg

*door slams shut*
    *rocks back and forth in fear*

edited October 2014
    Scythe is, for the time being, my only character making use of the Cosmic Knight set:
    1znoktd.jpg

14a9e36.jpg
  • summerfields#1113 summerfields Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    He's an arrogant swine.....Lord British! *sneer*

screenshot_2014-10-06-16-34-47.jpg

1266763-lord-british.jpg
    Richard Garriott approves!

But yeah, this Thread makes me jealous in whole new levels! And seeing Zen's Aquaman costume inspired me to create a character:

AerisofMu_zpsac7d9654.png

Aeris of Mu
    When her people discovered the other continents of the world and not had been flooded as previously belived by the Old Pantheon, the New Gods sent Aeris as their chosen emissary to the new lands. Harsh, unreasonable and cold to the new world Aeris would later return home only to find her home to the brink of the civil war as one side wanted to withdraw from the world and another to become more open to the outside, Aeris gained her status as a Champion of her people when she successfully resolved the conflict. Aeris would later become more open and caring to the outside.
    [ @Skaargoroth in-game / @summerfields on the Forums ]
    Current character roaster: The Iconica, Lady Mythica, Black Jackal, Omni-Woman, Fantomask
    Currently waiting for: Moar comics! And maybe City of Titans, too. Hopefully!