test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for RP Supergroup to tolerate newbie

junglewallacejunglewallace Posts: 9 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Supergroup Recruitment Station
Hello,

I'm new to this game, but so far I've really been enjoying the customization and atmosphere. I find it a little awkward to jump head first into the "social" aspect of the MMO culture and in the past I've played most of them as a solo experience, only to occasionally pepper the general chat with a sarcasm. But I'd like to change that with CO.

As far as my role playing experience... I used to do it all the time when I was in middle school and even some high school. But I can't say I've done it with any real effort since 2005 at the very latest. However, I do have a bachelors of arts in English with a concentration on fiction writing, so I'd like to think this is something within my realm of expertise.

A little about myself and my character concept. I am a twenty-four year old male with a full-time job. I work Monday through Thursday from nine to seven, so I would be unavailable during those hours. Other than that I have little responsibilities to keep me away from anything required by the SG as far as planned events/meetings/sessions, whatever. My character concept is currently a work in progress. His superhero name is Wandering Blade. Honestly I had no idea what I was getting into when I made the character so I think the current background I have for him needs some tweaking. He is a single blade archetype. The only solidified concept right now is that he is of ordinary parentage, sign, and status, but uncovered a mystic blade in a secret grove. My concept for the character was that he was peak human with slight mystical abilities (think Iron Fist from Marvel) but realized in game that the Blade archetype as some serious strength because I was able to lift a car overhead. He is a good aligned, 20s-30s aged, American character.

I realize this seems really stiff and formal, but I'm a pretty laid-back and casual kind of guy. I'm agreeable and am not a fan of starting crap between people, so don't worry about drama or power grabs or whatever.

I don't really know how the in-game mail works. I'm also currently on a silver account, but I've been thinking about switching to Gold if I find a group I like. So... I guess best way to contact me would be here, or via Skype (Cainisawesome).

As an added bonus: I can also fix your computers. :P
________

Is this thing on?
Post edited by junglewallace on

Comments

• iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hey sorry I didn't get back to this right away, I work weekends in a restaurant.

If classic heroes are your inspiration, and not so much the blood spattered iron age of the late 80s through mid nineties comics, then you can give my team, the Silver Age Sentinels a spin.

We also offer several alternate theme teams including the more modern [but still not Iron age] Globe agency, a cross up of Shield [from Marvel comics] with Stormwatch [of Image], and that works great for characters that aren't as classically tights wearing as many of us.

Take a look at the recruitment thread here, especially posts 1 and 2, and maybe read through the information boxes on the front page of our website!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Rune.
  • magnathyr1magnathyr1 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Come over to Vengeance Initiative... we are a new group and you can check the recruitment post here (( http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=285861 ))

If you like the idea, just drop me a line ingame @magnathyr

The whole point of the game is to have fun, so enjoy :biggrin:
  • junglewallacejunglewallace Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    iamrune wrote: »
    Hey sorry I didn't get back to this right away, I work weekends in a restaurant.

If classic heroes are your inspiration, and not so much the blood spattered iron age of the late 80s through mid nineties comics, then you can give my team, the Silver Age Sentinels a spin.

[...]

Hope to hear from you soon!

Rune.

I appreciate the interest, but I don't think my character concept fits in well with your group. While I wouldn't say my character broods, I wouldn't put him in the same paragon of justice and righteousness as characters inspired by the Silver and Bronze age. He deals with questions of meaning and worth. I'd put his inspiration from more creator-driven works from the earlier half of last decade, a more meta super hero that deals with the idea of the ubermensch and their place in society.

If you're familiar with the Justice League Unlimited cartoon, I'd see him as the "Green Arrow" of the group, the guy that tries to keep the group grounded and somewhat in-check -- the guy that sees how easily helpful guardians could turn into unstoppable oppressors. All while maintaining a positive and upbeat attitude.

Sorry this wasn't really in the opening post; I spent the weekend fleshing him out.

From what I read on your 'site and forums it doesn't sound like WB would particularly mesh well with your group, but if I'm incorrect please let me know.
    magnathyr1 wrote:
    [...]

I think I just sent you an in-game message. I'm still getting the hang of things.
    ________

Is this thing on?
  • magnathyr1magnathyr1 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I replied to your message Junglewallace. I hope I answered the questions you had, but if you have more please don't hesitate to ask. :biggrin:

hope to hear from you soon.
  • junglewallacejunglewallace Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    My SG, Omniguard sounds like it may be a fit for your character. our general theme is heroic characters, with a slightly more realistic take on silver age ethos. (example would be, the rule is dont kill someone, but in some rare cases, theres only one way to save people- killing the one threatening their life.)

Not that all of our characters would be able to do that IC if it came down to it, my main is so sweet and kind by nature, she wouldn't be able to kill someone on purpose ever. (also a weakness as it leads her into traps and can cause her to willingly give herself up in certain situations)

Mail me @DaZee in game if you're interested in more info about the sg or an interview or something.

I actually sent you a message a week or two ago; a friend of mine is in your SG. I think we both forgot to get back to eachother. I'll send you another message.
    ________

Is this thing on?