test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Update - Steel Crusade 9/10, Livestream 9/6

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited September 2014 in Super News Network
Hello folks,

Just a quick note, we've pushed back the launch of Steel Crusade by a little less than a week, we're targeting 9/10. A couple of infrastructure issues on our end made dev work take a little longer, made it a little harder to finish some of the content.

That said, it sounds the response to the content on PTS so far has been really positive, and pretty bug-free. You can read up on the latest PTS updates here, or...

... you can watch our livestream on Friday. After work on Friday, I'll pick up the ol' livestream computer and get on PTS, try some of the new content and hang out. This'll be the first time I've played the missions since a much earlier build, so I'm pretty jazzed to see the near-final results.

Depending on my workload, I'll start sometime between 6 and 7:30 PM Pacific -- probably at 7, but maybe a bit earlier if I'm not slammed. When it does start, you'll be able to check it out here.

-TrailTurtle
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Fantastic, TT. Thanks!
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm glad you're not rushing this. It'll be even more fun when those last few glitches are ironed out. (I mean, most of it is fun as heck now, but when that last segment is fixed, it'll be great!)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm really happy to hear that the date has been pushed back. The new content is already good. But by giving it a few more days, you guys are going to make sure it's amazing.

This is great news.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think holding off on this project until you can get the bugs out is a great idea. I particularly think the Reawakened Automaton needs a bit more work.
  • Options
    megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Nice to know this won't be a silly alert for once...Also thank you for pushing it back to get it done..Also wait a wensday?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Nice to know this won't be a silly alert for once...Also thank you for pushing it back to get it done..Also wait a wensday?

Yep. We, uh, don't really want to release it on the Thursday. That date has some unfortunate connotations.

We will if we have to, if we aren't comfortable launching on 9/10, but we'd rather avoid launching on next Thursday.

gradii wrote: »
    Will you be giving people at the livestream a chance at the Iris AF?

I like that plan, let's do that. :biggrin:
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hey TT,

Can we expect another release of updates on the Test Server this week? I don't usually test, but I've been enjoying play testing this release!

Thank you.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    SC Would've dropped on Friday for me, (A Friday off work and free of all responsibility) and I could've spent the whole weekend checking it out.

If it's for the best, It's reasonable.

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • Options
    sannia1sannia1 Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's been said but I'll say it again. Thanks for taking the extra time to get it right.
  • Options
    senshibat01senshibat01 Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ah, Nicky said this side of the house was getting love..
    I miss CodeRanger standing on a door on a beach Beta days. .First looks .. Like taking Atari artist thru the Temple in V Bay Alpha..
    Looking forward to this and many more.. yaay Team.
  • Options
    xenosinfinityxxenosinfinityx Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the information, boss. I'd always rather hear that devs are taking the time to get something right rather than pushing it out fast and fixing it later.
  • Options
    oddbirdyoddbirdy Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for pushing back the date. I'd much rather you guys ensure that all issues are resolved prior to release than try to release quickly. The userbase will be much more pleased with the results, I'm certain.

I'm also hoping this means there will be time to review and possibly give posted staff feedback on the Reawaked Automaton AT. While I'm totally fine with there being only 2 new powers and look forward to leveling it to 40 to get them, I'm afraid the Aspect of the Machine toggle is simply useless for Alerts/bosses/duels/etc and not really good enough to make it a chooseable option over something that works in all scenarios.
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just going to join in the chorus of people saying that I appreciate you guys taking your time if it means a little extra polishing to get things right :smile:
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Current plan is 7pm PDT, heroes!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Yep! Just finished patching on the stream computer, about to start up.
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    I'm glad you're not rushing this.

Late to the party but I would like to echo this sentiment.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yep! Just finished patching on the stream computer, about to start up.

*headdesk*

Look at the date on the thread. What's today's date? 9/6. You actually streamed a day earlier than you said you were gonna.

I would have really liked to watch this. PLEASE check your dates in the future. I didn't catch you saying "Friday" or I'da pointed this out sooner. I was even around yesterday, probably working on the wiki while you were streaming. I totally coulda caught it if I knew it was actually yesterday. :(
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Bleh, good catch.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, missed it to because of the advertised date. Oh well.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Yeah, missed it to because of the advertised date. Oh well.
    O_O''' ditto...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Damn, if it were a good catch I'da read more closely last week. I feel like a fool, I usually notice that. Meh, hope it was a good time, anyway. :D
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    champstvchampstv Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well, if anyone wants to see a tiny preview video of Steel Crusade, here is a video/my homework that has an overview of Steel Crusade. :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uinjlnroWl0

I'm taking an elective in school for film stuff and video editing, so I thought: Why not make a Champions Online channel?
  • Options
    dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have a question.

If I take one of my characters, turn him from FreeForm to the Automaton AT, will I still get the power unlocks?
    Or do we need to start a brand new character and work it to 40?