test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

It could happen to you...

superrobstersuperrobster Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
Howdy folks; thought I'd share this horror story as a lesson.

So, I logged on today to catch a few runs of the Fire and Ice rampage. I quickly get into a private queue with an awesome team. Before long, we have taken down both rampaging villains.

We throw some praise around, and get ready to test our luck with the loot. I scored a hypercooled ignimbrite and the usual Questionite. All right! I greedily click the take all, and my eyes dart back to the chat window; we throw around a few more "good jobs."

We meet outside of the instance to form up again. While we were forming up, I open my inventory to locate my prize, and place it near my lone Petrified Scale I got from four days worth of farming the Lemurian Invasion. I filter through my inventory tabs but... Oh no.. I cannot find it...

My heart sank. I quickly thumbed through my inventory again, before checking the chat log. I scroll back up, and there I saw it, much to my dismay. "Inventory full," I found amidst the group chatter. Perhaps I didn't see the notification against the fiery red backdrop of the instance, mayhap I was caught up in the moment and just glazed over it. Most likely, a combination of both.

What I wish to part upon you, fellow Champions player, is to do me and yourself a favor. The next time you log in, examine your inventory. See all those rank I to rank IV mods you're never going to use? All those useless vehicle parts clogging things up? Get rid of them. Sell them, or trash them. Keep your inventory neat and clean, with lots of spare space!

Don't let this happen to you!
Post edited by superrobster on

Comments

• Options
    williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My condolences. :( Thankfully, I run to a vendor as soon as I see my first inventory is fully, and I still have 69 slots left after that. And once I finally hit the next Veteran Rewards milestone, that'll become 91 slots! *salivates over the inventory space*
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And one would think that the Overflow Bag is for situations like this.
    Well, the one would be wrong.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The overflow bag didn't catch that?

Seriously?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,748 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The overflow bag didn't catch that?

Seriously?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.
    Yeah things that ya have to manually loot that aren't part of a loot box/crate won't go into overflow.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The overflow bag is exclusively for items that are automatically added into your inventory. Items that you manually pick up needs to have inventory space.
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The overflow bag is exclusively for items that are automatically added into your inventory. Items that you manually pick up needs to have inventory space.

Those things should be auto-loot anyway. Seriously.
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I got hit by that once on a Sky Command. Never again. Now I keep everyone's inventory as cleaned out as possible.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    dontaskdontask Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    iamrune wrote: »
    Those things should be auto-loot anyway. Seriously.

Co-signed Runey. This is absurd that these are manual pickups considering how hard they are to acquire.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Manual pickup in general is a giant PITA.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hehe, every time I've defeated Viper-X I've almost left without my loot. I had to stop and go back to the podium for it.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not only does the UI cause some lag and usually packet loss, but its a general time waster for players having to constantly open the pickup window. Its what Cryptic wants and it adds up to wasted time.

Don't forget that in order to make it so that the tokens automatically pick up, they would have to recode looting, dropping, picking up, and the Team Up function in all of their entirety.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Don't forget that in order to make it so that the tokens automatically pick up, they would have to recode looting, dropping, picking up, and the Team Up function in all of their entirety.

I don't think so. All purple gear drops are auto-pickup. They just gotta label these things as purple, not blue (I think they're labeled blue?). I blame it on oversight, and if brought to developer attention, I think they would do it.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    menotrpamenotrpa Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My worst fears manifest

so far the worst i've done is leave without collecting XP or Resources

• Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Manual pickup in general is a giant PITA.

Something I really miss from that other supers game is auto-deposit no-announce loot.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't think so. All purple gear drops are auto-pickup.
    No they aren't, I've had to pick up purple loot within the last day. Certain types of drop are auto-pickup, but it doesn't seem to be a function of color.