test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20140602.29 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PTS - The Archive
This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 1:00pm, 8/20/2014

You can find release notes for previous unreleased PTS patches by using the link(s) below:

FC.31.20140602.28
FC.31.20140602.27

Release Notes for FC.31.20140602.29:

Preview:

• The new Eye Auras no longer show through the back of your head.

• The new Eye Auras now all have icons.

Steel Crusade:

• The two brain instances now have sound.

Reawakened Automaton:

We have created a thread specifically for feedback on this new archetype. Please post about it there rather than in this thread.

• The Energy Builder has been switched from Sonic Blaster to Wrist Bolter.

• Grapple Gun Pull has been replaced by Gauntlet Chainsaw.

• Bolas fills the hole at 21 where Gauntlet Chainsaw previously was.

• Ego form has been replaced by Ego Surge.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nice, good work.
  • toooldforthistoooldforthis Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lordgar wrote: »
    Bolas fills the hole at 21 where Gauntlet Chainsaw previously was.

It's actually at 17.
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If you're going to have gauntlet chainsaw on that build, you should know that targeting computer doesn't current buff it. For whatever reason, targeting computer only buffs ranged technology powers.

That'd make a nice fix for the passive actually.

Edit:
    I mirrored this to the appropriate AT thread.

I'd also like to note here that this would be an excellent opportunity to give us the option to change color schemes for the gauntlet chainsaw or other gadgetry abilities. Right now, we're stuck with pretty narrow thematic choices, and giving us some more color options would be most helpful.
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lordgar wrote: »
    Grapple Gun Pull has been replaced by Gauntlet Chainsaw.

I think this may be the last we'll ever hear of this power. <_< R.I.P.
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Bug: Aspect of the Machine Toggled Form will turn itself off. From the looks of it, it does not carry the Second Buff that other forms use. Most common causes for the form being turned off are as follows: Becoming Controlled, Using a Charged Power, Failing to keep the form proced during combat, and every so often, just not being in combat.

Bug: The fourth mission in the new Mechanon Chain is missing the first contact. Although this could just be because the mission's development has not been finished yet.

Keep it up guys, you're doing great.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Still don't find a reason to level an AT as a Gold/LTS. "Epic" or not.
    Sorry.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Here here, and give female PA users the weapon-point coloration options males have.

And since I missed it on the last thread.. I support perk "Triage" for mercy-killing civilians and getting the "Angel of Death" title that was suggested. It really fits how deliciously 90s this whole plotline has been.

And the storyline so far has indeed been excellent guys.. the cliffhanger at the end of the sewer mission literally gave me a chill in my gut...

...I Want that perk now.
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Still don't find a reason to level an AT as a Gold/LTS. "Epic" or not.
    Sorry.

From how this new type of AT, the "Reawakened", reads, the AT comes with exclusive powers that you can't get on FFs till you get that AT to level 40. So, now you have a reason to level the AT to 40. To unlock Rocket Fist and AotM for FFs. Rocket Fist is fun, and AotM has potential if they give it another way of stacking instead of through KBs.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    From how this new type of AT, the "Reawakened", reads, the AT comes with exclusive powers that you can't get on FFs till you get that AT to level 40. So, now you have a reason to level the AT to 40. To unlock Rocket Fist and AotM for FFs. Rocket Fist is fun, and AotM has potential if they give it another way of stacking instead of through KBs.

Yea yea i've read the whole what the "Epic AT" Awakened Thingamajig is.
    It's still no, i don't find Rocket Punch worth of going thru 1-40 with an AT. Or AOTM.
    Yea, the fun factor of Rocket Fist is, its a flying fist!! A Flying Destroidbot Glove!!... I do just fine/better and more concept wise with Tactical Missile.
    Sorry, Homey don't play dat.
    Hopefully this AT thing is the 1st and last time how they introduce new powers to the game.

And i can have fun with Rocket Punch by using Destroid Leader Bot device, which has more unique powers than this "Epic AT".

Or make it a Boxing Glove.
    10-kid-hit-in-head-with-ball.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    And i can have fun with Rocket Punch by using Destroid Leader Bot device, which has more unique powers than this "Epic AT".

This is pretty sad commentary, but even this second iteration of the new AT is still pretty lousy.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Mm. I was actually looking forward to levelling this "Epic AT"... until I saw how poorly it was built, and how unimpressive the rewards are.

Fix either of those, and I'll be happy.

If it had a bunch of neat powers that fill in interesting-but-untapped niches (Like, oh, maybe the Quantum Stabilizer passive, or a Form that supported laser sword better than Form of the Tempest), then it'd be worth levelling.

If it had a bunch of interesting cosmetic options for existing powers (fire breath with a hand emanation point for a flamethrower attack; gun arm options for munitions powers; that sort of thing), then it'd be worth levelling.

If it was a really well-built AT that only gave me Rocket Fist, that would also be worth levelling.

As is... not worth it, won't bother.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have to agree with the consensus here. I've played other games where special powers or classes were unlocked by level or accomplishing certain in game feats. In those circumstances, you got an "oh my god this is so cool" feeling when you managed to get the unlock.

Right now the Automaton feels really lackluster. It's looks like the kind of thing a new player would put together for his/her first build. Which is disappointing. Personally, I think it needs it's own unique passive, and it's own innate talent. Those two things alone, could go a long way it making it feel "special".

If it goes live just as it now - a lot of players are going to be disappointed. Especially, because of how it was hyped in the initial press releases.

There's still time for change though. So we'll see what happens.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, a (balanced) version of Quantum Stabilzer would be nice. And lord knows we could use a new Innate talent. Why don't you request both of these things on the Awakened Automaton Feedback Thread?

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

• orrynnorrynn Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I agree with what was already said. I see no point in lvling up an AT for 2 powers, 6 powers sure. For a game that shines for making a hero you want to be, forcing an AT on us, to unluck 2 powers is a kick in the face.

Sorry for any typos typing this from my phone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'll make this simple...

-Please give Debugger Toon Slot Unlock Tokens.

....then I can test the AT as well as other things. Consider this a "Quality of Testing" addition.

...pretty please. :wink:

P.S. And the juggle emote for the anniversary? Also pretty please. :biggrin:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Since Grapple Gun Pull is going to be on the Automaton, can Nailed to the Ground be added onto it as a payable advantage so it isn't useless anymore?

I also made a post about the Automaton that I ensure would be the best course of action for it and the new powers. Something that will allow players to choose full melee, full range or mix both up.

Bug: Still can't see Sparkle, Streak and Sharp Auras.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    riverocean wrote: »
    I have to agree with the consensus here. I've played other games where special powers or classes were unlocked by level or accomplishing certain in game feats. In those circumstances, you got an "oh my god this is so cool" feeling when you managed to get the unlock.

Right now the Automaton feels really lackluster. It's looks like the kind of thing a new player would put together for his/her first build. Which is disappointing. Personally, I think it needs it's own unique passive, and it's own innate talent. Those two things alone, could go a long way it making it feel "special".

If it goes live just as it now - a lot of players are going to be disappointed. Especially, because of how it was hyped in the initial press releases.

There's still time for change though. So we'll see what happens.

If they really wanted an "Epic" feel, then it'd go out on a high note- w/ an awesome new power it gets at lvl 40. Maybe another good ultimate, since we don't have enough of those.

That.. could easily be epic. I dun want to feel like I'm hammering the devs, cause they must feel floored w/ all this negative response atm. But if they want an epic feel, that'd be one way to secure it - even if the rest of the build couldn't deliver much.

I ain't even gonna try suggesting something; at this point again I'm lost as to the intent of it all, and at some point its just their job to deliver on. My answer to them now would simply just be: "Surprise me"
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • ninten92ninten92 Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    soulforger wrote: »

I'm with Finn and the others here. It's just two 'new' powers, one from that older Destroid Commander become. Rocket Fist and AOTM are nice additions, but I'd really want more new powers specific to the Automaton to justify spending time and resources on leveling. Make a new passive, a new buff, a new kind of block, even, Cryptic North.

Really, those two powers could be added in without a huge content update like this and I'd have been more satisfied, with how the AT's been hyped up to be full of new powers. I can only hope that Cryptic North can put together more new powers, perhaps from Black Talon. Even if they were different animations and emanation points for powers we already have, I'd be more satisfied.

That being said, I'm enjoying the mission aspect of the update. The first few missions have been nice, and it's fun to have a mission that starts out with saving lives, rather than 'Punch X of Y Mob type, wash, rinse, repeat.'
    Just another average RPer, costume part collector, and tabletop gamer.

Looking for a lore-based Superhero RPSG? Why not http://earth-guard.shivtr.com/
    ?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    crosschan wrote: »
    I'll make this simple...

....then I can test the AT as well as other things. Consider this a "Quality of Testing" addition.

every gold toon gets 1 free retrain token, just retrain a toon to the AT
  • lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I"m sorry. But i will not be leveling this AT up.
    Two powers! Not a very well thought out concept. Bad mish mash of powers.
    Synergy, nil.

Very disappointing.

I do however thank Cryptic North for the new mission set up and the work done on the project itself... excluding the AT. Very well done. And not forgotten.
    edited August 2014
    flowcyto wrote: »
    If they really wanted an "Epic" feel, then it'd go out on a high note- w/ an awesome new power it gets at lvl 40. Maybe another good ultimate, since we don't have enough of those.

That.. could easily be epic. I dun want to feel like I'm hammering the devs, cause they must feel floored w/ all this negative response atm. But if they want an epic feel, that'd be one way to secure it - even if the rest of the build couldn't deliver much.

I ain't even gonna try suggesting something; at this point again I'm lost as to the intent of it all, and at some point its just their job to deliver on. My answer to them now would simply just be: "Surprise me"

1) Quantum Stabilizer
    2) Make AotM stack on something useable in a boss fight. (Preferable full charge or full combo).
    3) A new ultimate power that doesn't suck.
    4) Make this AT fit together in a way that's playable.

These four things would make everyone happy with the AT, I think.

• championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tdits wrote: »
    1) Quantum Stabilizer
    2) Make AotM stack on something useable in a boss fight. (Preferable full charge or full combo).
    3) A new ultimate power that doesn't suck.
    4) Make this AT fit together in a way that's playable.

These four things would make everyone happy with the AT, I think.

No, AotM is just too powerful so while it remains so strong (as if we needed stronger powers) that makes it a necessary power, and basically makes all other toggles worthless. So until that problem is fixed making AotM require anything more would be overkill. And the excuse of it being an epic power is not good enough. It buffs both ranged and melee equally, that's good enough.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited August 2014
    No, AotM is just too powerful so while it remains so strong (as if we needed stronger powers)... It buffs both ranged and melee equally, that's good enough.

Right now? It buffs both by negligible amounts, because you can't stack it. "Good enough"? Well, I guess if you like the current state of mini-mines, that might be good enough...

My suggestion is to have it stack on completing a combo or fully charging a blast power; compared to current forms, that makes it much slower to build stacks, and totally incapable of building or maintaining stacks while not in combat. The tradeoff, then, is that the stacks you get are slightly more useful if you happen to be using both ranged and melee powers.

Edit: Oh, and it should have a giant growth advantage. Because, seriously, giant killer robots.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited August 2014
    AoTM needs its bonuses lowered before being given better trigger conditions.

If made easier to use as it stands now, it will end overshadowing all other toggle forms because there's not enough damage bonus sacrificed for flexibility.
    edited August 2014
    AoTM needs its bonuses lowered before being given better trigger conditions.

If made easier to use as it stands now, it will end overshadowing all other toggle forms because there's not enough damage bonus sacrificed for flexibility.

False. If it's made much easier to use - for example, stacking on all charges, rather than just blasts - then it could overshadow existing toggle forms.

But the version I suggested? Literally none of my existing characters would want to swap to that. I can imagine a few builds that would get good use out of it, which is why I suggested it, but most builds would prefer the superior stacking conditions offered by Concentration or Enrage or Form of the Tempest or Form of the Tiger or... etc.

Edit: Oh, and don't forget that it's not currently granting energy on stacks, either.
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    I ran into the same problem on PTS, was deleting PTS toons for about half an hour.

My names bugged as some may know as it has a space at the start of it. This means that I can't delete them. <_<

Neither can I rename my character which is the funny part. ;)
    edited August 2014
    morigosa wrote: »
    False. If it's made much easier to use - for example, stacking on all charges, rather than just blasts - then it could overshadow existing toggle forms.

But the version I suggested? Literally none of my existing characters would want to swap to that. I can imagine a few builds that would get good use out of it, which is why I suggested it, but most builds would prefer the superior stacking conditions offered by Concentration or Enrage or Form of the Tempest or Form of the Tiger or... etc.

Edit: Oh, and don't forget that it's not currently granting energy on stacks, either.

Yes, because energy is such a hard thing to get in today's game with so many powers that give back energy now, and really, getting nearly 16% more damage with 8 stacks isn't enough to change? Interesting theory, so tell me in what universe would that equals less because if you change the trigger condition 8 stacks is easy to get. Changing the condition to half charge powers, you know how easy it is to spam half charge on many powers?
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My names bugged as some may know as it has a space at the start of it. This means that I can't delete them. <_<

..Why do your names have a space at the start of them? Is that a PvP thing, to make your character hard to target with a quick custom bind?
    edited August 2014
    Yes, because energy is such a hard thing to get in today's game with so many powers that give back energy now, and really, getting nearly 16% more damage with 8 stacks isn't enough to change? Interesting theory, so tell me in what universe would that equals less because if you change the trigger condition 8 stacks is easy to get. Changing the condition to half charge powers, you know how easy it is to spam half charge on many powers?

Interesting strawman. Who suggested half charge? Um... nobody? Except you, as an example of a condition that'd be too much. (Which, incidentally, it would be - funny, that, I wonder if maybe that's why nobody suggested it?)

But there are options inbetween "brokenly unusable" and "brokenly overpowered". There are options between "not practical to stack, ever" and "stacks to 8 if you look at your screen funny".

Pick something that makes it usable, but still less convenient, and then it's a fair tradeoff - slightly more damage once you really get going (remember your "nearly 16%" is additive and subject to diminishing returns and you'll be lucky if you see an actual increase as high as 4%), but it takes longer to get there and you can't keep stacks if you're not constantly fighting and you don't get energy back from it.
    edited August 2014

Wow, that sucks. However, can't you just debugger a character to 40 to get a new slot? Repeatedly?

edited August 2014
    Interesting strawman. Who suggested half charge? Um... nobody? Except you, as an example of a condition that'd be too much. (Which, incidentally, it would be - funny, that, I wonder if maybe that's why nobody suggested it?)

But there are options inbetween "brokenly unusable" and "brokenly overpowered". There are options between "not practical to stack, ever" and "stacks to 8 if you look at your screen funny".

Pick something that makes it usable, but still less convenient, and then it's a fair tradeoff - slightly more damage once you really get going (remember your "nearly 16%" is additive and subject to diminishing returns and you'll be lucky if you see an actual increase as high as 4%), but it takes longer to get there and you can't keep stacks if you're not constantly fighting and you don't get energy back from it.

Even at a full charge outside of the ridiculously hilarious powers, that's not hard to reach. Almost 16%, an increase is an increase and if it's that much better people will pick it. Really, do you think it's that hard to charge powers, I do it quite regularly on all my characters and saying it would still be hard to get a full 8 stacks is really the straw man part. Also trying to hand wave the damage increase is indeed an additional straw man.

You are really underplaying how much more that would do in the long run.
    gradii wrote:
    I don't think it matters what you say. its a waste of time arguing with that player.
    Hi pot, nice to meet you.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I kinda feel like both are needed: an easier way to proc, and an overall reduction in power. It scales ranged and melee. If it's gonna be an across the board buff, it needs to be weaker than a focused one. See also: aura of ebon destruction. That's pretty much always been the way of things here, I see no reason to break tradition now.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    crosschan wrote: »
    I'll make this simple...

I'll just keep it simple. Level a toon to level 40...new toon unlocked. Thats how it works. Until you hit the max (which is above 100 toons if I remember right). So, just use debugger to make all your toons level 40 and you'll have all the toon slots you need. Or have people forgotten about this?
    edited August 2014
    Okay, it needs to proc easier and give energy when it stacks and its scaling should be less than 0.033% per stat point per stack (enrage's melee bonus or concentration's ranged) and more than 0.016% per stat point per stack (enrage's ranged bonus or concentration's melee bonus). Can we all agree on this? If so then let's stop arguing about it and talk about something else.

How about that weather?

edited August 2014
    EDIT: Accidental double post.

edited August 2014
    Even at a full charge outside of the ridiculously hilarious powers, that's not hard to reach. Almost 16%, an increase is an increase and if it's that much better people will pick it. Really, do you think it's that hard to charge powers, I do it quite regularly on all my characters and saying it would still be hard to get a full 8 stacks is really the straw man part. Also trying to hand wave the damage increase is indeed an additional straw man.

You are really underplaying how much more that would do in the long run.

You don't actually know what "straw man argument" means, do you? Contrary to popular use by internet trolls, it doesn't translate to "something I didn't want to hear". A straw man argument is where you argue against a ridiculous extreme position that nobody actually holds, and hope that the people following the argument don't realize you're putting words into other people's mouths.

For example, if I were to start with your "an increase is an increase" statement, propose an alternative form power that grants 1% more damage at full stacks, loses stacks the instant you leave combat, and gains one stack every minute you're in combat, and then point out how ridiculously useless and underpowered such a form would be... that would be a straw man argument, because you never actually suggested such a power in the first place.

So, to re-iterate my actual position: I am suggesting that Aspect of the Machine stack on completing a combo or fully charging a blast power. I am further suggesting that this is a relatively niche form, since not all builds actually use combo powers or blast powers, and even those that do may not be built around spamming combos or spamming full-charge blasts. And that this has further disadvantages in the form of not granting energy, and not being able to maintain stacks outside of combat.

Against this, you are holding that a +16% additive damage bonus above other forms makes it "that much better" that "people will pick it". Objectively, I can tell you of one person who wouldn't: Me. I would use it to create a couple of new characters that could make use of the niche proc conditions, but none of my existing characters would benefit from switching forms.

Outside of myself, of course, I can only extrapolate that other people would similarly see it as a niche power designed to work with certain sorts of unusual builds, and not as serious competition with any existing form. Your opinion may (and clearly does) vary.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    hi there spoon!

It's kettle. Not spoon. Just saying...

This new form would be amazing for my "dream build" being that it buffs melee and ranged equally while scaling with str or ego if only it didn't have a worthless way to build stacks. I mean, I like stabbin' and shootin' as much as the next gal, but I also participate in boss fights and team content. As long as it doesn't proc on knocks. Having it stack on combo finish or full charges would be good. And I don't even care how much it buffs per stack (as long as it's > 0) since it's going to be crippled by DR anyway.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
    edited August 2014
    tdits wrote: »
    Okay, it needs to proc easier and give energy when it stacks and its scaling should be less than 0.033% per stat point per stack (enrage's melee bonus or concentration's ranged) and more than 0.016% per stat point per stack (enrage's ranged bonus or concentration's melee bonus). Can we all agree on this? If so then let's stop arguing about it and talk about something else.

How about that weather?

Actually... no, we can't agree on that.

If it ends up very easy to stack, then I could agree with that. Maybe, stacking on half-charges, half-maintains, or combo attacks. That would be something that should have a lower damage bonus, because it would gain a great deal of ease-of-use instead.

If it ends up difficult-but-not-impossible to stack, like stacking on completing a combo or fully-charging a blast attack, and it continues to not give energy, then its current damage scaling is fine. (Or, it should be equal to enrage's melee bonus / concentration's ranged bonus, and give energy. That works too).

Basically, there are no absolutes here. A power that granted +1000% damage bonus is underpowered if it also kills you after 3/4 of a second - it'd show up on some joke pvp builds, and nowhere else.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I can't believe we're arguing about AoTM needing to be somewhat easier to stack. :confused:

It just seems like a no-brainer. The current stacking mechanic doesn't seem to be working out too well.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • jellycupsowbugjellycupsowbug Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    With the current mechanic for stacking, maybe it should have a very high bonus, but a low stack limit, like four stacks of about 18%. Adding ranks can compensate for not being able to gain stacks when there is no trash around.

Then you would have a valid choice of using a normal form for energy and advantage points, or this AotM for stable and versatile damage. Considering the fact that some powers, like Crushing Wave, are terrible for use with Concentration, AotM could fill a very important niche.
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Animation problem:
    No animation runs when disabling the signal boosters during the Steel Crusade: Waste Transmission mission. The player just stands there.
    edited August 2014
    You don't actually know what "straw man argument" means, do you?

Actually I do, nice of you to try and think I don't though. What you did to underplay the power is straw manning. It's much better than you make it out to be.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    (and no, it shouldn't be appreciably weaker than Enrage or Concentration - we have not had melee/ranged capablly viable and this is our chance to get it.

The one disagreement we have here: Weaker per stack while letting you stack melee and ranged = stronger overall. I'd rather run in with plasma beam firing and then hose someone down with a melee move. Appreciable is where we might agree, though. I say difference as 10% ish on full stack. That'd still make those builds viable, if not more than.Your melee or ranged would be slightly lower than a dedicated melee or ranged. That flexibility makes up for it. You best believe I'd be rocket punch -> haymakering my happy little butt off in such a scenario. We still have passives to take into account, though. Besides the afforementioned ebon destruction, does any passive buff ranged and melee equally? I mean flat dps, not a passive like AOPM that just gives a flat buff to all.

Something like this would probably help hybrid range tanks a ton. They do kinda need it.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The one disagreement we have here: Weaker per stack while letting you stack melee and ranged = stronger overall. I'd rather run in with plasma beam firing and then hose someone down with a melee move. Appreciable is where we might agree, though. I say difference as 10% ish on full stack. That'd still make those builds viable, if not more than.Your melee or ranged would be slightly lower than a dedicated melee or ranged. That flexibility makes up for it. You best believe I'd be rocket punch -> haymakering my happy little butt off in such a scenario. We still have passives to take into account, though. Besides the afforementioned ebon destruction, does any passive buff ranged and melee equally? I mean flat dps, not a passive like AOPM that just gives a flat buff to all.

Something like this would probably help hybrid range tanks a ton. They do kinda need it.

Lots o.o

Try MA or HW or Might with Stormbringer/Earth Form/Quarry for one.