test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Problems gearing up - serious impact on gameplay.

diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User
I've noticed this, and it has really impacted my "fun factor" in Champions online.

Once i hit 40 and wants to pimp my character in terms of gear, there is absolutely nothing
to do because everything costs currency of insane amounts, and takes forever to grind for.

ONE piece of Vigilante costs 200k questionite, and doing a quest gives me 2000, so i would
have to run that quest 50x to get ONE PIECE of gear. And no one farms Nemcon anymore
to the level of farming we did 2 years ago when Nemcon would pop almost instantly all day long.

I have 400ish sehkmet chests, and since each key costs 100zen, i would have to spend 40k zen
to open all chests, that aint gonna happen because there is no way to get 40k zen without
spending A LOT of RL-money....

I pay for a gold-account, and yet, i have no way to really gearup :mad: .

Yesterday i ran the Lemurian Alert, took about 20 minutes, and gave me crappy 1500 questionite,
a laughable reward.

Sicne no one runs DUNGEONS anymore, and i don't want to spend 2-300 dollars on Zen,
how the **** can i gear up my characters ?.
Post edited by diggot on

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Do you really need to spend Zen to gear up in this game?
    NO.
    You can buy Keys with Globals. If you have to.

You can buy Gear with Globals.

Just do the Rampages and get the Tokens and get the Bestest Of The Bestest Gear....

Or do UNITY dailies and gear up in Silver Heroic Gear.
    But you don't have to.

Good thing, this game isn't based on the Bestest Of The Bestest Gear.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think you are restricting yourself too much in terms of ways of gearing.

On one hand, you would need rampages for obtaining your primaries and at the same time getting Qs, which is not too bad.

On the secondaries, you can get first armadillo/cyber/samurai secondaries for 11k Q a piece.

You can sell zen for Q, the rate is pretty favorable and for 1000 zen you can get 300k-400k Q.

You don't need to open every lockbox you get, either sell them, save them for later or destroy them.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    gandales wrote: »
    I think you are restricting yourself too much in terms of ways of gearing.
    On one hand, you would need rampages for obtaining your primaries and at the same time getting Qs, which is not too bad.
    I've done a rampage, didn't give me anything except a measly 1500 Q.
    On the secondaries, you can get first armadillo/cyber/samurai secondaries for 11k Q a piece.

You can sell zen for Q, the rate is pretty favorable and for 1000 zen you can get 300k-400k Q.

I've done Alerts and they offer nothing of real use for gearing up. When you need so much Q
    for one piece (11k for example) and there's no way to really farm it, it kinda suxx.

A Rampage takes 20 minutes, and gives 1500, so to get ONE item of lesser quality, i would need
    to spend 5-6 hours farming them, and rampages doens't pop instantly.

Also, the current rampage is probably the worst one because the boss is so large, you can't see
    what is going on if you are in melee range - which i have to be. Hopefully next rampage will be better.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    For my level 40s, Heroic primary gear, regular purple secondaries, and Rank 5 mods have served me just fine.

I can't say you NEED the Legion or Vigilante or Justice gear or Rank 9 mods. Don't misunderstand, those are great and are probably worth the effort taken to acquire.
    diggot wrote:
    Rampages can give you tokens. Each rampage has it's own type of token and you'll need a couple of each for one piece of Justice gear. Unfortunately, the tokens drops are RNG, so you'll likely have to do each rampage several times.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What is the rush to gear up? You hero is not able to participate effectively in team events?

By the way, isn't vigilante gear 150K Q each? People do sell it for Gs.
    You can also buy crates of Q using Gs in the AH.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Or do UNITY dailies and gear up in Silver Heroic Gear.
    But you don't have to.

It takes 35 Silver Champions Recognition to buy a single piece of Heroic. Running just the standard UNITY missions nets a good 16~20 per rotation. So In less than a week you can get a whole set if you're running on just one character. Adding UNITY 2 to the mix is another 16 SCR. So it's pretty possible to acquire a piece a day, giving you a whole set by the third day. It's not hard, and doesn't take too long to go through if you want to invest into it.

Heroic equipment and Rank 5 or Rank 6 mods does just fine, you don't need to throw your wallet at things like Legion's and don't have to run through Rampages for pieces of Justice. The regular Purple Quality secondaries at Lv40 do just fine as well, and those are pretty easy to buy and find as well.

I fly through UNITY 1 stuff in 20~30 minutes (At this time, my fastest record is 19 Minutes 51 Seconds with Turando for the whole of UNITY 1), and I do a lot of farming to prepare for the Christmas Set Giveaway.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As of now, anyone who starts fresh will find it impossible to farm for Globals enough to buy things off of other players. Your only hope is to acquire something rare (from a lockbox or brand new costume rare) and sell it for an exorbitant price.

As for gear its pointless unless you want to PvP. You don't want to PvP. Get heroics and secondaries from any of the questionite sets to boost your damage type or your physical defense. You don't need anything much beyond that.
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Why do you NEED to max out so fast.

Sheesh I PvP and I haven't even ever bothered maxing out, the PvE in CO is so easy you don't even need to wear any gear to be able to do it.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    kallethen wrote: »
    For my level 40s, Heroic primary gear, regular purple secondaries, and Rank 5 mods have served me just fine.

That right there is pretty much all you need. Plus while I know this isn't a popular statement.. some of the Blue gear available is actually not so bad. I played the game with blue gear and secondaries from the AH - and was actually quite satisfied with the results.

Sure you if want to be the "uber badazz cosmic tanking monster-build", then you'll need all the fancy stuff. But just for regular gameplay? The cheaper auction house buys are just fine.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I started soloing Elite dailys now, and i can afford the "armadillo" pieces at 11k Q,
    but it seems they can't be modded, at least i don't see an option for that when i mouseover them.

So if that's the case, i would lose a TON of stats buying those. Sofar today i've ran 4 Rampages
    and found nothing but 1500Q for each. Looks to me like Dailys are the way to go, and the
    occasional Nemcon if i'm lucky with the queues.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    For the 11k Q-nite gear like Armidillo's and such, I highly recommend only going for the secondary pieces (since secondaries don't have mod slots anyways). For primary gear, go for Heroics.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    For primary gear, search the AH for "Mercenary". The average piece is around 3G each. Easy peasy.

If you're looking for purples, go farm Unity missions for Heroic gear.

For Secondary gear, grind Whiteout 4 or Serpent Lantern Bunker Bravo for 8000Q a day. you get 33,000Q in slightly over 4 days so buy Armadillo secondaries. Secondaries can't be modded anyway.

And there you go, geared in 5 days.
  • Options
    coneuroniaconeuronia Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    diggot wrote: »
    I've noticed this, and it has really impacted my "fun factor" in Champions online.

Once i hit 40 and wants to pimp my character in terms of gear, there is absolutely nothing
    to do because everything costs currency of insane amounts, and takes forever to grind for.

ONE piece of Vigilante costs 200k questionite, and doing a quest gives me 2000, so i would
    have to run that quest 50x to get ONE PIECE of gear. And no one farms Nemcon anymore
    to the level of farming we did 2 years ago when Nemcon would pop almost instantly all day long.

You don't need Vig gear at all to play at a decent level. I have the Heroic stuff (from Silver Champion Recognition) slotted with a bunch of level V-VI mods and occasional rare drops and I do fine. Use the G you have accumulated to get stuff off the Auction House to fill gaps.
    You don't need to spend money on keys or anything at all. :)

For example, my Electric ranged has 3 Heroic pieces and 3 purple pieces on Secondary giving good mod boosts: I do Gravitar, Lemurian Invasion, Adventure Packs, Alerts with no big difficulties. I do see people with the super good gear around and they just triviialize the content even more than it is already.

Amelie Layclaire - Lightning and Wind (40)
    Solution Five - Gadgets and Subterfuge (40)
    Dodgeball Kara - Support and Ebon Ruin (40)
    Relentless Pursuit - Fire and Force (35)
    Rear Window - Homage - Icy Disposition (20)
    Teaming with @shottymario and hoping to meet you all ingame.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I started soloing Elite dailys now, and i can afford the "armadillo" pieces at 11k Q,
    but it seems they can't be modded, at least i don't see an option for that when i mouseover them.

So if that's the case, i would lose a TON of stats buying those. Sofar today i've ran 4 Rampages
    and found nothing but 1500Q for each. Looks to me like Dailys are the way to go, and the
    occasional Nemcon if i'm lucky with the queues.

And remember, those Q-gears are bound after use to that character.
    You know, doing actual Missions gives you Gear and Mods.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    deadman20 wrote: »
    It takes 35 Silver Champions Recognition to buy a single piece of Heroic. Running just the standard UNITY missions nets a good 16~20 per rotation. So In less than a week you can get a whole set if you're running on just one character. Adding UNITY 2 to the mix is another 16 SCR. So it's pretty possible to acquire a piece a day, giving you a whole set by the third day. It's not hard, and doesn't take too long to go through if you want to invest into it.

Heroic equipment and Rank 5 or Rank 6 mods does just fine, you don't need to throw your wallet at things like Legion's and don't have to run through Rampages for pieces of Justice. The regular Purple Quality secondaries at Lv40 do just fine as well, and those are pretty easy to buy and find as well.

This.

For secondaries, use resources you build up from running UNITY missions to buy purple secondaries from the Auction House, and you'll be pretty well set.
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    And remember, those Q-gears are bound after use to that character.
    You know, doing actual Missions gives you Gear and Mods.

And, a lot of resources. If you run actual missions instead of alerts, you will end up with well over 100G if you run missions and sell everything you don't need/don't want every time your inventory fills up.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    edited August 2014
    All that said though, I still haven't had an Ameliorating Bracers drop for me. They were all given by friends or bought :x
  • Options
    nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I have 400ish sehkmet chests, and since each key costs 100zen, i would have to spend 40k zen
    to open all chests, that aint gonna happen because there is no way to get 40k zen without
    spending A LOT of RL-money....

I pay for a gold-account, and yet, i have no way to really gearup :mad: .

Yesterday i ran the Lemurian Alert, took about 20 minutes, and gave me crappy 1500 questionite,
    a laughable reward.

Sicne no one runs DUNGEONS anymore, and i don't want to spend 2-300 dollars on Zen,
    how the **** can i gear up my characters ?.

So let me get this straight:

1. YOU joined CO not even 2 MONTHS ago :eek:

2. You complain that you don't have a lot of G's

3. You complain about the prices

4. You complain about not having the absolute best gear in the game

5. You complain that it's not easy to get the absolute gear in the game

6. You complain that this game is NOT P2W!!? (Pay to win) Seriously? :confused:

My reply => GTFO :tongue:

I don't have Justice gear and I'm here since Closed Beta!!! Reality check dude, you just joined this game and expect to get everything within a month? Not going to happen.

You just joined, don't expect you will be able to get the best gear, that's just ridiculous.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    no comment, too busy laughing.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Like others have said, Heroic gear from UNITY dailies, with some rank 5 mods, and level 40 blue/purple secondaries found while running missions works just fine. The only time I've ever gone for better gear is when I wanted to have a character that would be a bit more effective in rampages.

Also, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but running content on Elite does nothing but makes the enemies harder to kill. So if you're running UNITY dailies on Elite, all you're doing is making them take longer to complete.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    All the gear I have is drops, except one toon carrying my Heirloom gear. (I had a set of Nem gear, but accidentally lost it when I didn't check a toon before deleting.) My 40s have never suffered for the lack of the bestsestest stuff in the game.

Maybe that's because I have fun running the missions, not measuring my epeen, maybe not, but it's how I roll.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    coneuroniaconeuronia Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The absolute toughest content I have done lately is Apocalypse Aversion, and it's not so much the mobs rather than having to be aware of the proper shielding to move from one are ato the next.
    I wouldn't have done better with uber gear, I just needed to my head out of my **** and heed directions.

As for not finding teammates as a Gold...run Alerts, send tells to people, just have fun? You'll get some global pals in no time.

Amelie Layclaire - Lightning and Wind (40)
    Solution Five - Gadgets and Subterfuge (40)
    Dodgeball Kara - Support and Ebon Ruin (40)
    Relentless Pursuit - Fire and Force (35)
    Rear Window - Homage - Icy Disposition (20)
    Teaming with @shottymario and hoping to meet you all ingame.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    roll an inferno AT and eat your words.

You realise me and penny once duo ran vikorin elite on a green geared inferno and an inventor right? <_<

Like really you seem to think this game is hard or something, lairs are supposed to be for 5 end geared FF's not 1 or 2 undergeared AT's...

Also I've just eaten so I'm not that hungry.

I mean sure you can't be on a SQUISHY AT in no gear at all however that was referring to FF not to one of the squishiest AT's in the game. I could give it a go on PTS though if you really want me to, see how hard it really is for an inferno with no gear on at all.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I dunno it sounds believable to me as long as you don't Leeroy.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    when a freeform heal stacker has trouble soloing, or even duoing with good builds, and by pulling one mob group at a time, theres no way in hell an inferno and inventor can do that without some sort of unconventional shenanigans.

Sonic Device with Presence and Battle of Wits and pre-charging PBAoEs like Pyre around a choke point aren't really unconventional imo - well, maybe unconventional for Freeforms since they don't need that level of finesse.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2014

You successfully completed a rampage. You have successfully completed CO's endgame.

What do you need better gear for?

roll an inferno AT and eat your words.

People play Infernos all the time. What's your point?
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've said it multiple times: The Inventor is dreadfully underrated as a support toon.

I can imagine this being possible. As long as the inferno is kept shielded he might as well play the tank, and the controllable pets would probably lay some decent distracting fire. The Inferno would just have to burn down the mobs before the defensive layers run out. With a Nimbus and some self heal devices for emergencies, I can definitely see it happening.

Yeah, hella finesse though.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Well yeah we originally did it as I said I thought it'd make a funny recording. We got through every part of it okay but we died a bunch at the end so it would of made a bad recording. The reason we died was because I accidentally bugged him by turning him into a teddy and my teddy went and knocked him down the steps into the lava. As soon as that happens on elite mode it's pretty much GG. ;D

As for the entire eating my words and play an inferno with no gear and no devices thing I did tried it on the new content in very hard mode. It was painful and I died a few times against those harder guys but I did it. it was those darn ranged villains who hurt me like hell that killed me.

I may upload it if I get around to it, I found it pretty fun to do. I had to plan out the sequences I wanted to use for my powers but because I've never actually played the AT before myself I just ended up button mashing instead and it seemed to work. <_<
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    yeah well try without the Necrull elixir, Nimbus, Eruption, Demonic Flesh graft, what have you.

it's not going to be an easy ride.

Games not nearly as easy as you say. even for many freeforms.

Well I was using telesourses but that was it on my inventor because they hit so hard on it. I'm pretty sure penny didn't have any on. Too be honest I could of probably solo'd it up until vikorin who just kills all my pets but that would of taken longer and would of been lonely / boring. <_< You seem to underestimate the 14k hp inventor a lot, I've beaten a lot of pvp builds on it before.
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As of now, anyone who starts fresh will find it impossible to farm for Globals enough to buy things off of other players.

What? No. I can go from zero globals to enough for pay for our CC in one or two nights of lazy farming. That's about 200g. Sometime, I even get lucky and end up with some costume drops instead of just a bunch of vender trash. And considering I put all purple 40 secondaries and r4+ mods into the guild bank instead of selling them, I could be getting more.

If you roll around the VB cemeteries, not only will you get a bunch of crap to sell for globals, but you'll probably get some good enough blue and purple gear and r5 mods. There really isn't much difference between level 37 and level 40 gear as far as secondaries go. I've geared up some of my alts in the most garbage gear out there and did ok with them. Green stuff and low rank mods from Burst alerts.
    Also, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but running content on Elite does nothing but makes the enemies harder to kill. So if you're running UNITY dailies on Elite, all you're doing is making them take longer to complete.

Pretty sure it doesn't matter. I've apparently been doing stuff on Elite with a Blade AT and didn't notice any difference. The only reason I even notice is because I was going to up the difficulty and found out I had at some point. Was still getting a bunch of crappy green drops too.

I wouldn't think duo lairs with "gimpy" ATs is unrealistic. If one of those ATs has any passive healing at all, they could even run through everything like normal farmers do for Vik's clothes. I wouldn't even be surprised if one of the beefier ATs could solo something like Vik. Would likely need devices, but I think it could be done.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    sterga wrote: »
    Pretty sure it doesn't matter. I've apparently been doing stuff on Elite with a Blade AT and didn't notice any difference. The only reason I even notice is because I was going to up the difficulty and found out I had at some point. Was still getting a bunch of crappy green drops too.

I remember when I started doing UNITY dailies, one of my characters was having a much harder time doing them than the others. Full-charge haymaker wasn't taking out villains in a single hit (or something like that). Turned out I had the difficulty settings somewhere up there.

I'll check in-game.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I remember when I started doing UNITY dailies, one of my characters was having a much harder time doing them than the others. Full-charge haymaker wasn't taking out villains in a single hit (or something like that). Turned out I had the difficulty settings somewhere up there.

I'll check in-game.

I remember the day I accidentally walked into some Unity quest instances while I was group with 4 other people who were just hanging out in Millennium City. Now that was a good time... Biff plz make the devs make it so the difficulty setting can make that happen when I am solo :<
    sterga wrote: »

This has happened to me on nearly every character I have... sometimes multiple times on the same character :<
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    yeah well try without the Necrull elixir, Nimbus, Eruption, Demonic Flesh graft, what have you.

Do you really think having slightly better gear will make any sort of difference if what you claim is true? Is the problem "I can't get gear fast enough" or is the issue "Some ATs are weaker than others". You know I hear those things are meant to be played in groups... groups of at least two.

Say... did you forget the actual topic of the thread and get side-tracked trying to push the idea that the game is difficult? o3o
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Just checked in-game. Enemies are all buffed when running on Elite. My Haymaker was doing about ~1300 less damage on Henchmen, a bit less on Master Villains. They also hit a lot harder, as well. In the end, all you're doing is making it take longer to complete missions, since there is no added benefit such as higher drop rate or resource increase, that I know of.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    There's a resource increase, but not proportional to the extra time it takes to kill them unless the mission has a lot of walking/running/flying/unskippable cutscenes involved.
  • Options
    cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Please, just stop. It is easy.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    haha Cyrone, I'm gonna agree with you, with the caveat that you're a ******n alien. The game is easier to you, because none of the normal rules seem to apply to you. It's a thing to behold.

But what most people forget is that the "weak gear" that we have access to from drops is still stronger than what the game was designed for. When we're talking about lairs, we have power creep on our terrible gear. I'm not alone in having soloed the game entirely on gear that was a quarter as useful as what we have now. And we didn't have no clicky useful device tray stuff, like eruptions. We had replacers, and they sucked for our stats.

I guess the moral of the story is, get off my lawn. The game is actually quantifiably easier now than it was when the content for most of it was developed. We're not talking rampage tanking, we're talking about tanking lairs that haven't seen a pass since basically they were created. Power creep is totally a thing, and we definitely have it. I was soloing vikorin with 2 gun mojo back when it sucked and we only had 2 super stats. *Experience* makes the difference, here, and that's not a thing that's unique to CO.

Again, just my 2c.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Gear has an impact on gameplay, but not a "serious" impact as implied. The disparity between greens, blues and purples doesn't drastically alter your performance since the majority of the game is easy enough, especially with the introduction of specs since On Alert went live. There are exceptions like rampage alerts and elite TT for example but those are far and few in between.
  • Options
    cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    haha Cyrone, I'm gonna agree with you, with the caveat that you're a ******n alien. The game is easier to you, because none of the normal rules seem to apply to you. It's a thing to behold.

Truth.

I guess the moral of the story is, get off my lawn. The game is actually quantifiably easier now than it was when the content for most of it was developed. We're not talking rampage tanking, we're talking about tanking lairs that haven't seen a pass since basically they were created. Power creep is totally a thing, and we definitely have it. I was soloing vikorin with 2 gun mojo back when it sucked and we only had 2 super stats. *Experience* makes the difference, here, and that's not a thing that's unique to CO.

Again, just my 2c.

Two gun tanking when it sucked? That's cool. I did it too, paired with PFF when it sucked...oh, wait. :biggrin:
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    lmfao Cyrone, I've seen you make mines worth taking. I can't even call what you do a fluke, because you do it consistently.

As far as I'm concerned, your builds should be mandatory reading for theorycrafters. And they're definite proof that gear doesn't matter as much as the rest of the mechanics do.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    kittykaboomboomkittykaboomboom Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There's always run Nemesis missions, get heirloom gear, then go farming.

let's see what do i have, mission gear, I think 2 with legion gear, a few with heroic or mercenary but mostly mission gear,
    Vigilante gear, you can keep it, only gives you your 3 ss's, I prefer the purple secondaries.
    especially Remission if I can get it.
    why am I logge din as this one? Oh yeah checking zen history
    3f929831-d0e0-4b9d-aa2b-28877c351112_zpsgsnq9bpu.jpg
    [font="title-I'm as sane as any.."][/font]Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It is true what we did, and yes we died in the end a lot. Imp kept bionic shielding me and his passive also healed me, his sonic devices hold the enemies in their place (You KNOW DAMAGE DOESN'T BREAK UP STUN ON SONIC DEVICE? it can give multiple seconds of time to deal with enemies) and I think I had rank 3 conflagration with fireball's advantage. Boom 3000-4000 damage per tick. And yes this was without any devices (atleast i didn't have any).

Then there is also this possibility: We knew what we were doing

:biggrin:

GIT GUD

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just checked in-game. Enemies are all buffed when running on Elite. My Haymaker was doing about ~1300 less damage on Henchmen, a bit less on Master Villains. They also hit a lot harder, as well. In the end, all you're doing is making it take longer to complete missions, since there is no added benefit such as higher drop rate or resource increase, that I know of.

I'm sure they do have more HP and do more damage. To me, I still didn't notice anything different since it's not actually harder, like the name "elite" would imply. And there definitely isn't any better stuff dropping. Which is why I don't bother upping the difficulty most of the time.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just do Unity mishes for silver recog and get heroic gear that does the job just fine.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    jimhsuajimhsua Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Again, just my 2c.

^^. In those cases, I tend to make my own difficulty; theme builds, unconventional builds ... Ever since the "power creep", the vast majority of my toons have switched to offensive passives (I can't remember the last time I took Invuln, actually). Doing vikorin elite last week with Unstoppable with no deaths was mildly fun, if somewhat stressful (and also not worth it, compared to Normal). But that's what the new gear reality lets you do...