test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How will Reawakened Automaton work?

wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
How does it work? What do we know so far about it?
Post edited by wrathsoul1 on

Comments

• Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You have to hit level 40 to unlock it. You have to hit level 40 on it to get it's powers. It gets rocket fist, a new power that I know I'm all about.

That's about it.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    You have to hit level 40 to unlock it. You have to hit level 40 on it to get it's powers. It gets rocket fist, a new power that I know I'm all about.

That's about it.

So, players who already have Level 40 characters will get it right after they got their game updated, right?
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You need to have one lvl 40, free character slot, to able to use the AT. You don't need to level 1 character to 40 if you've allready done it.
    Only Gold/LTS get to use its Powers on their other characters once the AT's powers are unlocked.
    Don't know if that works also on FreeForm Slot. But they will give more info once we get closer to the release date. And the PTS test.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited August 2014
    It will work on Z-Store FF slot, because its mechanic works exactly like Gold/LTS FF slots.

Power coloring on Z-Store slots doesn't work only because it was disabled by UI changes and account level.

But available power pool is the same for all FFs in game.

And I'm almost sure unlocking powers will be done with a perk granted when this AT hits 40.

There's no real need for developing extra special systems for this piece of content, when all mechanic Cryptic needs is already in place.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited August 2014

That's about it.

Just because they only mentioned Rocket Fist doesn't mean that's the only new power it will have.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just because they only mentioned Rocket Fist doesn't mean that's the only new power it will have.

He didn't say it was the only power.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It gets rocket fist, a new power that I know I'm all about.

That's about it.

Yup. There it is.
  • Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yup. There it is.

his that's about it was in reference to that being all the info about the AT we have, not that the rocket fist is the only new power.
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jerax1011 wrote: »
    his that's about it was in reference to that being all the info about the AT we have, not that the rocket fist is the only new power.

Indeed. Unless you're implying that we know more about this archetype, Buxom?

Also...

That's about it.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    of course it only gets rocket fist. who needs more than a rocket fist? rocket fist was OP before it was even a realistic idea! :tongue:

I think rocket boot and it's .01% chance to not return is a must. Have the hop of shame in alerts
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    of course it only gets rocket fist. who needs more than a rocket fist? rocket fist was OP before it was even a realistic idea! :tongue:

I'd like to believe I played a role in it's existence, but the reality is it's probably just a coincidence.
    edited August 2014
    I think rocket boot and it's .01% chance to not return is a must. Have the hop of shame in alerts

I lol'd IRL.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Oh, yeah, definitely meant "that's all we know".
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    If any of you have access to the PTS, check out if you have access to the Reawakened Automaton, since part of the new update is live there. If so, can you let us know?
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    wrathsoul1 wrote: »
    If any of you have access to the PTS, check out if you have access to the Reawakened Automaton, since part of the new update is live there. If so, can you let us know?

Updates in PTS discusses section of forums
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I look on it, as not so much, how it works but how it won't work, when I use parts for my half arsed FF builds.
    You do your builds, I'll do mine
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    wrathsoul1 wrote: »

No, we can't. Since the Automaton isn't available yet. Like it says in the PTS notes of the newest patch.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    No, we can't. Since the Automaton isn't available yet. Like it says in the PTS notes of the newest patch.

I checked the update list for the PTS yesterday, but I was too lazy to edit the post.