test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

You wanted content...

Comments

• championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    Erm is that wise to think that way she has been like 100% right the last few months or so even when everybody was calling her insane.

We better start calling her...

Spar_piccy.jpg

I mean SHE EVEN PROVED I WAS WRONG ME NEPHT LIKE WRONG! and I'm never wrong U_U ....I thought it was going to be lockboxes O__o"

She was right we where all so freaking wrong.

Umm... I wouldn't say a hundred percent, more like fifty. Certain things she was claiming or implying didn't... uh... didn't materialize.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I am curious what that has to do with my response to you though? :tongue:

Nothing to do with it. And I'm not gonna be your new argument partner. Seek elsewhere *throws stick far away*
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited August 2014
    Nothing to do with it. And I'm not gonna be your new argument partner. Seek elsewhere *throws stick far away*

*just stands there* That only works on dogs.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Umm... I wouldn't say a hundred percent, more like fifty. Certain things she was claiming or implying didn't... uh... didn't materialize.

Still better than lockboxes I would have raged so hard if it was lockboxes. GET THIS THOUGH! Pattle Bot Punchy was talking for years about Rocket Punch and now its a thing @_@

I think Caliga is putting Kryptonite in the Conquer Coffee Machine. Doesnt seem to work for me I lost at bingo last night ._.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Girls, girls, you're both pretty. Now can we please get back to discussing the (limited) information we have on the Steel Crusade?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Girls, girls, you're both pretty. Now can we please get back to discussing the (limited) information we have on the Steel Crusade?

Sush you ima enjoying the cat fight!

What I want to know is how this new AT works. So freeforms need to level this AT to 40 to unlock the powers for their FF? How odd.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Let's get back to making this thread about the topic and not about each other.
    biffsig.jpg
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I thought Epic ATs were called 'FFs'.

+1 for new stuff and things... I'm tired. That's all I've got.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Everyone who doubted them can suck it u3u

Now taking bets on how soon people start complaining again.... nevermind, they already are....people are in fact already complaining about the new content...months before its release.

Now taking bets on how soon before the negative nancys get right back to saying "there hasn't been anything new in far too long".
    edited August 2014
    Well 3 weeks before it's released to be exact.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited August 2014
    Well 3 weeks before it's released to be exact.

You always gotta disagree don't you? u3u When are you gonna start being happy? o3o I wanna take pictures so someday I have proof that it happened once ^w^
    edited August 2014
    I am smiling, can't you tell?

943620_10201385720424592_1527534570_n.jpg
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited August 2014
    The playerbase is responsible for this new content that we're going to receive. Don't we have a wonderful playerbase? Let's thank the playerbase for this new content that they are responsible for. s( u w u )/

Because it would certainly be silly to say that the playerbase is only held responsible when bad things happen o3o wouldn't it?
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    The playerbase is responsible for this new content that we're going to receive. Don't we have a wonderful playerbase? Let's thank the playerbase for this new content that they are responsible for. s( u w u )/

Because it would certainly be silly to say that the playerbase is only held responsible when bad things happen o3o wouldn't it?

The playerbase is paying for the development that gives this content, so yes, they are responsible for it. Were people supposed to argue with you?

lol@ all the Smacky edits in this thread, he was a busy boy today.
  • lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Fine. Alright. Better than zip.

Just please a better plot than malvanum or nighthawk? Meaning a really involved story. Mechanon seems menacing, don't foxbatize him.

And this better not turn into a stokeman special dracula mission piece of vaporware. I'm gonna expect someone I can shoot at to be there.
    edited August 2014
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    The playerbase is paying for the development that gives this content, so yes, they are responsible for it. Were people supposed to argue with you?

I guarantee you there are people who would, and if you've known these forums for more than a week I'm sure you realize that as well ~.^.

There's a very specific someone who is the reason I posted that uwu they know who they are.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited August 2014

It's called laying down bait.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    gradii needs history:

Nostradamus did pretty much the same thing though, he'd be purposefully vauge so it would be bound to happen eventually.

It wasn't as vague to him as it is to us, because large parts of it were disguised political commentary about his then present. They're not really predictions of the future.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If this content is as long as they claim it is and comes out on the 4th of next month, 3 weeks testing is not going to be enough. Not unless the PTS gets updated almost every weekday.
  • eastgatewidoweastgatewidow Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I had deleted Champions-Online from my hard-drive and have been absent from the forums for what seems like a couple of years. I do however keep an ever-present eye on the game's development -watching - forever hopeful.

To date none of the content has really fired my imagination re: the sheer potential of the Champions universe, and I've noticed a dwindling forum-base expectation over the years coming down to now - the odd costume pack drop.
    The update is good news, real good news. It's using a beloved (albeit infamous) character from the lore (which I applaud) and although it is only roughly a projected 4-5 hours of play-content - It's a positive step.

The criticism is that this update is (to use an analogy) the wheel that had ground to a halt - slowly starting to move again, and that's all. It's content for sure and most welcome and appreciated, but the update as it has been revealed thus far is nowhere near the scope and effort that has been put into Cryptic's other titles. In such I take issue with Cryptic and Massively branding this a major update, [Massively post since ammended] - It's not!, this is (for all intensive purposes) a comic series pack with 4-5 hours of gameplay. We were promised that every 2 weeks to a month at a past point before the comic-series pack initiative was quietly dropped. Have expectation really dropped so incredibly far that 4-5 hours of content be branded 'Major' - really?.

An appropriate sized update I feel would be (pick from a mixture of): entirely new power-sets (Plant, Sonic, Cosmic etc, The Nemesis System redux, SuperGroup bases (although I would settle for new variations of and expanded functionality of the Hideouts system), proper variation with wheeled player vehicles.

1 or 2 new full-content zones:

Shamballah: A secret city located inside Mt. Everest, home to some of the world's great martial arts masters.

Agharti: A city of evil martial arts masters and teachers located several miles below Mt. Everest.

Arcadia: The secret city of the Empyreans, located in Antarctica.

Atlantis: The fabled underwater city, home to the magic-wielding Atlanteans.

GATEWAY: UNTIL's space station (cosmic endgame?).

Lemuria: The hidden land of the Lemurians, ancient enemies of the Atlanteans and Empyreans.

Lyonesse: An extra-dimensional/underwater mystic realm located off the coast of Europe, home to (among others) the fiendish Fomorians.

Ravenswood Academy: A school where teen superhumans can learn to use their powers (alternate levelling path, comic-story sized pack (for new characters) and open area for all levels for RP on completion).

Well of Worlds, the: A mysterious portal to the Dreamtime located in the Australian outback.

Hudson City

Sunday Pond/Maine

...and a solid developmental plan going forwards from Cryptic-North.

On May 26th 2011 as part of 'Ask Cryptic' Rob (Robobo) Overmeyer wrote:
    "Full Content Zones of IP locations is a bit of a stretch in this year and is not on the current 2011 release schedule...Discussion for a new zone could start later this year but I will say again I would rather get an endgame system and zone in before a new Content Zone".

To date we haven't even seen any of this, yet alone anything much else in the last 3 years.
    I know we are now under the wing of Cryptic-North who are supposed to be exclusively developing Champions-Online, but at the moment (apart from the odd comic series sized pack of Fatal Error and the like) - It has just been costume fluff for the Zen/C-stores and different flavours of rocket-bike for sale.

I say this as someone who loved the game for the first few years, was fairly active with it's forum-community and would dearly love to see Champions fulfill it's potential and take it's rightful place as the spiritual successor to CoH and the leader in todays Superhero MMO market: "You need to step it up guys!."

Having the best and most customisable costume creator is a laurel Cryptic-Studios have been resting on for far far too long and Cryptic are not being proportionate with the amount of resources afforded nor effort put into Champions-Online.
    The insight into Cryptic's mindset is that they cannot afford it anymore attention as Nick (Tumorboy) Duguid alluded to "that Champions cannot be given more attention and resources as it only brings in so much money" - Well FunCom built Age of Conan back out of it's worst doldrums by lavishing attention on it, and the game had a renaissance due to their efforts - so personally I can't even begin to wrap my head around such short-sighted profit-orientated vision. It really hamstrings and cripples all the Champions-Online title could be in the future if they would just invest, you know - properly, as if they had an IP-owner licensing the Champions IP to them, all over them about the issue and they had to invest - like with CBS and STO - or lose the game.

Massively wrote:
    There's also a definite desire to revisit Mechanon and other major lore characters in the future, with a push toward creating a more unified overall story for the game and a sense of forward motion.

Do It!, don't just talk about it vaguely as a vision. I've seen nothing but vague 'wishes' for the last 3 years! (see Robobo's previous quote). Executive producers come and go and take their wishes with them. Get a developmental strategy down as a master-plan and stick to it!.
    State of the Game please! - If the STO team can produce and stick to them I don't see why what's so hard about Cryptic-North's CO-team producing and sticking to one.

I'm grateful for any content, but dial back the hype Cryptic. Look at what you've afforded STO with the last two major game updates and then look at Champions. Comon, you're not fooling anyone really. 'Revelation' sized+ is a update of substance.

That said, I'm looking forward to seeing what the minor update 'Steel Crusade' brings Sept 4th and I hope Champions enjoy it..

Dropping my knitting to buff you whilst hitting - Proudly protecting Millennium City's little ones since 2009.

@Mothers_Love
  • atompenguinatompenguin Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If this content is as long as they claim it is and comes out on the 4th of next month, 3 weeks testing is not going to be enough. Not unless the PTS gets updated almost every weekday.

When has CO had adequate testing for anything?
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
    edited August 2014
    I guarantee you there are people who would, and if you've known these forums for more than a week I'm sure you realize that as well ~.^.

There's a very specific someone who is the reason I posted that uwu they know who they are.

Yes, after 4 years here, I can identify trolls.
  • lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    With this "New" powers update. I really hope they attempt to balance the powers out a bit more than the last few sets. Whatever they may be, i sure hope none of the powers are too powerful, yet work well together.

Having ONE really OP power, while the rest of the set is subpar (see the Blade,Void,Behemoth,etc...) just means less variety in making a diverse and well rounded toon that's not just a cherry pick of the best powers and more about a build that's original and fresh.

Can't wait to see what this new power set is all about. Not crazy about leveling an AT, but hell , if that's all i have to do for a new set of powers after not having ANYTHING at all for so long...

I would have to be a fool to complain about something so trivial , comparatively speaking.

Thanks Cryptic North. This is more than i was expecting. :wink:
    edited August 2014
    Yes, after 4 years here, I can identify trolls.

You are aware that we're in agreement on the issue of the content.. right? u_U Just checking.
    edited August 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    Lol. Debating the intelligence of a certain mechanic equals complaining about new content now. right. whatever.

I'm really happy about the content. I'm not happy about suddenly forcing ATs on lifetimers and gold subs for character progression/more powersets.
    Look. Like i said, I'm not crazy about having to level an AT either. But, saying that in 50 straight posts is not going to change that!! It doesn't help the situation at all!

Besides. According to the info i read, this is just one big experiment. If enough people don't like this way of doing things... then I'm guessing this will be the first and last time you have to worry about leveling an AT.

And to be open about it. IT"S MORE THAN NOTHING! Would you prefer more of nothing?
    Is the AT leveling schtick gong to stop you from enjoying the GAME? Stop you from looking at the fact that they (Cryptic North) are finally making a new set of powers from which to choose from? Yes. I get it. You feel forced to do something you don't want to do. I get it.

But sometimes you have to work for what you want. Even if the conditions are not ideal.

Again, I'm with you on the whole AT level deal. But... it's a small price to pay for these new powers, IMHO.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Lemuria: The hidden land of the Lemurians, ancient enemies of the Atlanteans and Empyreans.

Don't we already have Lemuria or are you talking about something beyond the sunken depths we explore?
    edited August 2014
    I agree! but I still think this method of unlocking content is a dangerous step to take in this particular game.

Given that it's an experiment I don't have too much to worry about though. I'm fairly certain once the reality of this gets to LIVE more people will agree with me on this, and they'll find a better way.

as far as the actual content goes I've been waiting for this for a long time.
    ^^:smile:
    Well said. Back to the content portion of the show...
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited August 2014
    Making powers unlockable by leveling AT also ensures that this particular piece of designed content (an AT) will be played often enough and work spent on it won't go to waste.

It also might be worth checking if merely retraining any of your lvl 40 to this AT won't be counted as leveling said AT to 40...
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Do It!, don't just talk about it vaguely as a vision. I've seen nothing but vague 'wishes' for the last 3 years! (see Robobo's previous quote). Executive producers come and go and take their wishes with them. Get a developmental strategy down as a master-plan and stick to it!.
    State of the Game please! - If the STO team can produce and stick to them I don't see why what's so hard about Cryptic-North's CO-team producing and sticking to one.

I'm grateful for any content, but dial back the hype Cryptic. Look at what you've afforded STO with the last two major game updates and then look at Champions. Comon, you're not fooling anyone really. 'Revelation' sized+ is a update of substance.

That said, I'm looking forward to seeing what the minor update 'Steel Crusade' brings Sept 4th and I hope Champions enjoy it..

As has been stated over and over again. CO is not and never will be a popular MMO like Neverwinter or STO. It's doing solidly and isn't in trouble. But it's not a big game with a huge player-base.

The updates this game will get, will always seem small if you compare them to games with a bigger staff and budget. When it comes to gaming the "Supers" theme is about as niche as it gets. So I'm not expecting PWE to pump a ton of money and resources into CO. They'll add things as is affordable and as it makes financial sense to do so.

I've said it repeatedly.. if you don't have realistic expectations, you will be constantly disappointed by CO.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    edited August 2014
    You are aware that we're in agreement on the issue of the content.. right? u_U Just checking.

Totally aware. But constant trolling is constant trolling, whether I agree with the underlying sentiments or not.
    edited August 2014
    It also might be worth checking if merely retraining any of your lvl 40 to this AT won't be counted as leveling said AT to 40...

I'm interested in this, as well. Or if you can switch a high-lvl. toon (let's say 35) to the new AT, ding 40 with it, and then have everything unlocked. Guess we just won't know till we know, but I'm curious.
  • tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Making powers unlockable by leveling AT also ensures that this particular piece of designed content (an AT) will be played often enough and work spent on it won't go to waste.

And if it works, it'll (hopefully) provide incentive to fix the pre-existing ATs. I'm reserving the option to change my opinion once the update comes out, but so far it sounds like win, on top of win, on top of win, with a win sandwich and fries on the side.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

• eastgatewidoweastgatewidow Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Don't we already have Lemuria or are you talking about something beyond the sunken depths we explore?

No you're right, I pulled that in haste from the Hero Games site and overlooked Lemuria sandwiched in there. So sure, re: that bit scratch Lemuria and seeing as though the game has one distinct underwater zone - I personally would prefer other distinctive ones before venturing anywhere near water again.

@riverocean,
    My head agrees with you and (as much as it pained me) I gave up some time ago that Cryptic were serious about fleshing-out the Chamions universe and game features with updates more akin to DCUO's or CoH's back in the day. In my heart I am very disappointed at how little we've ended up with locale-wise with Champions-lore. I always wanted to visit those lands in a virtual sense, to see them realised and wander them in cyberspace. Sadly pretty resigned I never will.

Dropping my knitting to buff you whilst hitting - Proudly protecting Millennium City's little ones since 2009.

@Mothers_Love
  • gemini2099gemini2099 Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This update is going to solve one of the big issues and that is a proper max level zone for max lever characters.

I know that it would be blasphemous to say I don't care about making more alts :biggrin: but it will be nice to be able take your main 'out for a spin" in content that is actually engaging for a change.

The other big issues being lack of players, but if you build it they will come I say. :cool:
    Gemini - Lvl 4x - Soldier
    Omicron - Lvl 4x - Mind
    Emerald Myst - Lvl 2x - Claws/Fighting Hybrid
    Epsilon - Lvl 2x - Blade
    Asterius - Lvl 1x - Electric/Void Hybrid

• bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    No you're right, I pulled that in haste from the Hero Games site and overlooked Lemuria sandwiched in there. So sure, re: that bit scratch Lemuria and seeing as though the game has one distinct underwater zone - I personally would prefer other distinctive ones before venturing anywhere near water again.

@riverocean,
    My head agrees with you and (as much as it pained me) I gave up some time ago that Cryptic were serious about fleshing-out the Chamions universe and game features with updates more akin to DCUO's or CoH's back in the day. In my heart I am very disappointed at how little we've ended up with locale-wise with Champions-lore. I always wanted to visit those lands in a virtual sense, to see them realised and wander them in cyberspace. Sadly pretty resigned I never will.

I'm hopeful that the Steel Crusade will open up some new and different locations to explore. Mechanon has bases in unusual sites around the globe, and even some off-planet.
  • x0y1x0y1 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    riverocean wrote: »
    As has been stated over and over again. CO is not and never will be a popular MMO like Neverwinter or STO. It's doing solidly and isn't in trouble. But it's not a big game with a huge player-base.

The updates this game will get, will always seem small if you compare them to games with a bigger staff and budget. When it comes to gaming the "Supers" theme is about as niche as it gets. So I'm not expecting PWE to pump a ton of money and resources into CO. They'll add things as is affordable and as it makes financial sense to do so.

I've said it repeatedly.. if you don't have realistic expectations, you will be constantly disappointed by CO.

My problem with this is, even if the have a super small staff the don't seem to do enough. I have created a few foundry missions in NWO, from custom 3D dungeons/caves to floating islands to custom towns, so I guess I know how much time you need to you build new missions with this kind of game engine.

We don't have the foundry here but Cryptic has it's own toolset for the devs and points to the Comic Series in the past, so at last the know how to use it and here is my problem. Even if the have one, yes only 1 DEV that could work with it. Considering how much time you to need to build a mission you could produce every month, a few missions in the style of the Comic Series with only 1 DEV working on it and using only the assets you have.

Now add 2-3 more DEVS and the could add new powers/sounds/gfx and more and so far I don't see it. Yes we get new stuff next month but just looking at the new Epic-AT I don't get it.

ATM I don't have CO installed and so far I don't see much "new stuff" to give me a reasson to change my mind to add it to the ARC again. On the other hand I could play NWO again and create a new Class (even with a bit of PA touch) and enjoy more content from the last 2 updates or wait a few weeks and play through a new expansion with a lvl cap increase in STO.

I preordered CO a long time ago but if the don't catch up (points to the old Cox) I will simple ignore it and spent my € on other games....................
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    so I guess I know how much time you need to you build new missions with this kind of game engine.

No, you really don't. Since this game's engine doesn't have Foundry. It's not like they just push a button and switch the thing dev's use and make it a Foundry.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • x0y1x0y1 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    No, you really don't. Since this game's engine doesn't have Foundry. It's not like they just push a button and switch the thing dev's use and make it a Foundry.

You are right, the toolset the DEVs have is far more advanced, points how STO got his foundry and to the beta NW foundry build, so it should go even FASTER. :tongue:
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited August 2014
    x0y1 wrote: »
    You are right, the toolset the DEVs have is far more advanced, points how STO got his foundry and to the beta NW foundry build, so it should go even FASTER. :tongue:

Nope, it should not.

The Foundry uses only premade assets and standards scripts.

The devs are starting new projects from the scratch and not always old exiting assets can be reused.

Which means they have tools for building completely new things, but scripts and models must be produced and it takes time.
    And now we're talking story arc that adds new game physics on a one map, new maps, and new models for enemies - all had to be constructed from the scratch.

If you really want a close equivalent, imagine working with Neverwinter or TES editors when you can't use only existing assets, but you have to produce new scripts and new models and then it takes much, much longer.

"More advanced" doesn't exactly equals with "faster".
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Champions Foundry: WANT!!!!
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Fixed. :biggrin:
    Lol, agreed.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Lol, agreed.
    I've already waxed near-poetic about Magna Carta, Poe's Return (although a recent Suggestions thread has given me even more ideas about that!), and Threads of Doom!. Sadly, the man-hours required to go through and retag all the objects in the game make the idea cost-prohibitive...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Fixed. :biggrin:

i respectfully disagree, ugc is nice, and a good bandage, but we cant make new art assets, maps, mechanics or powers. and without that it becomes a reshuffling of deckchairs. mission architect didnt impress me that much in coh, yeah a few people made fun and funny stuff, and it gave an ok treadmill for alternate progress, but in generally ir was a stopgap that consumed a lot of dev time for a essentially lateral move. new zones, powers, costumes and canon missions, those grow a game.
    (unless they give us "spore" level creation tools, which i'm not seeing)
    edited August 2014