test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Constant Disconnects

jdrivejdrive Posts: 7 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PC & Technical Issues
I'm sure this has happened to many people in the past for many different reasons. I just wanted to post to have a record of it really. For the past 3 days now I've been getting *constantly* disconnected. Sometimes I make it two hours, other times it happens 3 times in the same hour. I'm having trouble finishing alerts and mission packs because of it.

I haven't found any rhyme or reason to it. My internet connection isn't going down. Downloads and streaming aren't affected. I thought it might have been Peerblock but I tried today with it turned off completely and it wasn't any better.

I've been playing for a few weeks now, and it's only been the past 3 days or so that this has been happening. I'm welcome to advice, but as I said, I'm really just making note that it's happening.
Post edited by jdrive on

Comments

• Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yep as soon as I start enjoying the game with other players server not responding messages appear.

Now, right after I tell the level 14 newbie who just subscribed that I'll be right back after lunch I get hung up for two minutes and disconnected after every 'connecting to account server' try.
  • Options
    savagefistsavagefist Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I just started experiencing this today. I played through a couple alerts, did some other random stuff while trying to complete my last Burst and have been disconnected 3 times so far waiting in MC.
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
    GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+
    AMD FX-6300 6-Core Processor
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600
    Intel 335 Series Jay Crest 240GB
    3 x TOSHIBA PH3300U-1I72 3TB
    XFX Core Edition FX-785A-CNL4 Radeon HD 7850 2GB
  • Options
    eddarkflameeddarkflame Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Been having the same issue for a few days. It takes me a very long time to get the launcher ready to log on, and once I do I have to wait for an unreasonable amount of time for the game to load up, and even then, I get constant SERVER NOT RESPONDING messages,until I get completely disconnected. In the better cases, I can stay on, but as soon as I try to change instances/zones, I get the SRN message, with high possibilities of getting disconncted as well...

My connection is fine, my other games are fine. It would seem that it's only CO that's having serious issues.
  • Options
    exonik0pweexonik0pwe Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Been having the same issue for a few days. It takes me a very long time to get the launcher ready to log on, and once I do I have to wait for an unreasonable amount of time for the game to load up, and even then, I get constant SERVER NOT RESPONDING messages,until I get completely disconnected. In the better cases, I can stay on, but as soon as I try to change instances/zones, I get the SRN message, with high possibilities of getting disconncted as well...

My connection is fine, my other games are fine. It would seem that it's only CO that's having serious issues.

Same thing here. Apparenty tech support doesnt care :). They blame it on me :D
  • Options
    axenomeaxenome Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yep, same here.

Update: Been an hour and a half. Have not successfully logged into the game yet. Getting ping ranging from 15k to no response, Half the time the launcher doesn't load, all other forms of internet are working, firewalls and router are correctly configured, and have sacrificed a chicken to the Goat with a Thousand Young. Lifetime sub, I buy Zen on a regular basis, this is ridiculous. These sorts of disconnect rashes are something the entire fanbase has suffered intermittently, the excuse that "it's on the player end" is lazy and insulting.

Update 2: Two and a half hours, now. I am a working woman, I do not have infinite time to play the game, and it's about my only hobby (because seriously- dress up in tights AND chatroom? No brainer). I have people waiting on me!

Update 3: I don't know if it qualifies as progress or not, but I managed to get logged in for approximately ninety seconds. True, I got SNR constantly til I was timed out from the game server, but at least I managed to type in SG chat, and the message posted before I poofed.
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's bad tonight
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It sure was. But after I kept logging on and had a foothold in the first alert, it was better. Whenever the site or "unrelated" servers have trouble, Champions ALWAYS has trouble.
  • Options
    onlyepicwolfonlyepicwolf Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Still happening, can't play for more than 5 minutes before getting a DC...