test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Announcing Steel Crusade

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited August 2014 in Super News Network
Champions, Massively has the exclusive reveal of the next big Champions Online update: Steel Crusade, coming September 4th!

Massively has the first look at Steel Crusade, including a briefing on the new missions, screenshots, and the archvillain behind it all. Go check it out, and keep an eye on this space, because we'll be previewing Steel Crusade as we get closer to release.

Get ready for action, Champions, and beware the machines...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thank you TT, and CN.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! -Deep Breath- EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Omg, I am so excited! YAY!!! Thank you, CN. <3<3<3

Rose_sig.png
  • stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thank you~! *Ninja Vanishes Away*
  • shigeru138shigeru138 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Fantastic!
  • randomchance4242randomchance4242 Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Fantastic news! Thanks TT and Cryptic North! Looking forward to it. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
  • maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    That's to all the dev team!!!

CF8kLhw_zps946e6d20.gif
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • rior88rior88 Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i... i.. i. im im just sooooo happy right now!!!
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Get ready for action, Champions, and beware the machines...

You know, I just came here to have a good time, and I'm feeling so attacked right now.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • atompenguinatompenguin Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You never really appreciate water until you're lost in the desert.

I'm happy we're finally getting something, but I really wish we could get news when actual content like this is being worked on earlier. It would go a long way towards quelling some of the anger and bitterness that flares up around here. And I mean news that comes from the devs, not bits and pieces of rumors from people on a chat channel that isn't common knowledge. I know CO has trouble with funding and manpower and that plans frequently fall through but the lack of communication really does hurt.

Not trying to attack anyone or spoil the mood. I really am happy to see some actual content, but I'm just saying it would be nice to have something to look forward to through these long droughts.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Um, WTF?! Actual new mission/story content that ISN'T a re-skinned Alert? :eek:

Someone at Cryptic must have mistakenly signed the wrong authorization request and thought he was approving new content for STO or NeverWinter or something. I mean it's been what, over A YEAR since CO saw an actual new mission line. :eek:

(Seriously, happy to see this happening, but I must say, it would be nice to see it on a more regular basis, rather then just once a year or so. Still I AM happy to see something that will actually make me want to actually log into and play Champions Online again.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    Armsman-KConniesig-Original0454.jpg
    PWE Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • mawaynemawayne Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Looking forward to it! Thank you CN!
    I'm really excited about the new content
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited August 2014
    Get ready for action, Champions, and beware the evil machines...

Fixed for SisterSilicon. :biggrin:

Someone at Cryptic must have mistakenly signed the wrong authorization request and thought he was approving new content for STO or NeverWinter or something. I mean it's been what, over A YEAR since CO saw an actual new mission line. :eek:

Heh, we're pretty excited too. One thing that this gives me the chance to clear up is that Champs is doing really solidly. I'm not going to pretend we're the size of NW or STO, you know that as well as I do, but Champs is really solid and stable. I'm the guy who does a lot of the reports, and put it this way: I've never had anyone come by my desk worried about Champions.

(And to cut off the obvious response, I've had people worry about smaller games. People aren't worried because LordGar and the guys make a great, well-managed game, that delivers on the bottom line and keeps a bunch of players happy.)

As long as your bosses give you a thumbs-up and greenlight you to do stuff like this, I call it a win. :)
  • sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Oh man. Oh man. Oh man. I'm so darn excited. I really hope I can unlock that awesome robot mask face thing. And a new archetypey thingamabogin? "Reawakened Automaton"? Definitely sounds steampunk. Just hope it won't turn out to be a rare item from the Mechanon fight, where people will sell it for way too many Gs. *Crosses fingers*
  • aceretrieveraceretriever Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Grrracious, almost choked on mah oatmeal pie!

Thank y'all soooo much! I've never been more excited for an update! XD
    Champions: @ace112233
  • ignengiignengi Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    A huge thank you for the CO team; this is great news and am very excited.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And do we get an Rampaging Angry ATM Machine in MC? You know, the one near Kountry Komics that hails Mechanon....
    :biggrin:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bellatorrexbellatorrex Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sekhmet, don't worry, you'll unlock the new at just by having a lv 40 it seems, so no selling. Though from what the article and others have been saying you'll need to lv the new at to lv 40 to get the new powers.
    Too be honest as a game CO is almost more stable than NW. Atleast our economy hasn't crashed. :D

Looking forward to this update as despite mainly doing PvP I still do enjoy the story stuff in CO. I would like for someone at CN to take up what Crush was working on with the cooldown reduction fix though. I understand it's a tricky thing to fiddle with however it is at ridiculous levels currently and it makes building a new toon too predictable if you actually want to min max it out.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    and we already have people IN Zone, saying the new AT will only be available to Gold/LTS.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited August 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    And do we get an Rampaging Angry ATM Machine in MC? You know, the one near Kountry Komics that hails Mechanon....
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dispensor
    Would be hilarious.
  • bellatorrexbellatorrex Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    *Reads article, looks at Chaelk's post.* What? People will always default to a pay to win or whatever that is suppose to be? Not saying that what I am saying is directly at you Chaelk, but at the people in zone. I think that's the problem, people are so use to having to pay to get content instead of back in the older days where you worked for your unlocks.
    I'm not quite sure how to express myself fully here, but...

Thanks for this guys, do hope to see more of it.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is actually kind of awesome. Which inspired me to host one of my AT Costume Contests where the players are asked to design in game using basic pieces to come up with what they think should be the default costume of the Reawakened Automaton AT that was discussed in the article.

By basic costume pieces I'm referring to the ones that when looking at them in the tailor don't have an open lock icon or the phrase "You have already unlocked Costume Set XXX" when selecting the piece.

The contest is going to be tomorrow at 9:30 pm ST feel free to participate or even to just come watch the fun.

5 top winners and I'll be posting screens of the winners
  • lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    WOOOO :biggrin:
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I guess the question of the moment is "When will this hit Test?" The sooner it can be checked for bugs and such, the better.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This may get me back to playing more often. Cannot wait!
    [b]Still can't use BBCode for my signature, so I'm writing it out in each post... sad.[/b]
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ....OMZ!!!

...I need to go make a robot character now!

This is truly awesome news!
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    One, nice it comes out on my birthday.

Two HA TOLD YOU GUYS. And everyone said nothing was being worked on.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    including the celebrated Rocket Punch

I

Have won.
    One, nice it comes out on my birthday.

Two HA TOLD YOU GUYS. And everyone said nothing was being worked on.

Thundrax said it.

You were giving hints of something as big as Delta Rising and lashing out at anyone with more realistic expectations.

That's not even remotely the same thing.
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I

Have won.

Here ya go!

2ewl5sm.png
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    heh, my poor android toon just feels terrified. she's not sure if her new body is vulnerable to being taken over by mechanon or not.

(Dei Machina's body and half her brain was destroyed in an accident, after which her mind was fused with an AI and placed in an advanced android body)

however depending on how this AT turns out, I may remake her as said AT because I like her story and concept enough that it would make the chore easier.

Oh, yeah, the RP possibilities for android/AI toons are endless right now. I always headcanon'd that Millennium City wasn't too friendly to synthetics, what with Mechanon, Cybermind, Cyberlord, and regular Destroid invasions on the villain side of the ledger, and poor ol' SOCRATES holding up the good guys' side all by herself.

And I can imagine Prime salvaging some tech from all this and putting it through it's paces in a 40-level beta test. :wink:
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Obligatory naysaying negative post.
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    eeh cooldown reduction really isnt a problem. they've done changes to the powers which made it so already.

see, the reason most people gear for cd redux not cost discount is simply because most powers don't require massive gobloads of energy like force cascade or redirected force does.

its OK to have gear stats for niche builds.

So you're saying that all other powers should need much more energy to make up for the fact you can get something on a 1 minute 30 second cooldown go down to 33 seconds without having any INT at all. Anyway I'm not gonna bother arguing with you Gradii, it's pointless.
    I

Have won.

Haha yeah I like the way it said "celebrated" yet the only person who'll truly be celebrated about rocket punch being put in over other powers is you. ;D
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited August 2014
    Actually, my synthetics would be more concerned with Menton running amok than with Mechanon.
    The key is the realisation that word "synthetic" not always equals "machine".
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Good news! I look forward to playing Champions in September.
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
    edited August 2014
    Thundrax said it.

You were giving hints of something as big as Delta Rising and lashing out at anyone with more realistic expectations.

That's not even remotely the same thing.

Not even, I said something was coming.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    People fighting over who knew first... heheh....
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Well we can put that argument to rest because there is forum proof that BROU knew it first! With those screenshots of what looked like inside an organism. Bam! Done!
    edited August 2014
    Well we can put that argument to rest because there is forum proof that BROU knew it first! With those screenshots of what looked like inside an organism. Bam! Done!

Eh, not so much of claiming to know first, as much as been saying something is coming and being called a fangirl for it with just basic evidence all around everyone that many people here blatantly ignored.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm saying its fine like it is now. not everything needs to be consumed by the endless hunger of pvpers for nerfs.

Well I just think it's a problem that someone with perma AD's can become godmode so easily, it makes "competitive" PvE rather boring, PvP you can actually counter it but NPC's can't.

Unbreakable heals itself by 1.8k each time you are hit, you have 100% DR from defense with 100% from other sources meaning an overall of 200% on that layer. This means that any damage that is dealt to you will be 1/4 of what it was. If you then put on armadillo's secondarys you have 25% on a separate layer (If my memory didn't get that one wrong) and if you get warden's spec to reduce AOE by a flat 20% which is on another layer also how big does an NPC's AoE ability have to be so not to HEAL your unbreakable? Well if it's at 20k and it is quarter due to the 200% resistance making it 5k, with armadillo secondary set making it 3.75k, if it was an AOE for example from Gravitar the number will be at just 3k. Use MD if you don't have any avoidance slotted already you'll end up with around 50% meaning the 3k becomes about 1.5k, with unbreakalbe they would only damage your unbreakable by 1.2k and most likely it'd heal up soon after. I don't see how you see this as okay as for MMO design go, how can you say nothing needs to be fixed / nerfed?

Ugh no idea why I had to type back to you gradii, spamming this thread with off-topic stuff... Sorry.

I am happy with what we are getting, I would be over the moon to have things fixed that need fixing but this is still something that is very welcome as new content and new powers.
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Well, I didn't know first. Fortunately my source was damn reliable and I trusted him/her implicitly. To protect his/her identity from the forces of evil, I will not name names. But I will say that Brou is an incredibly awesome human being. :)
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg