test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Playing a game should be fun, not a chore

glortorglortor Posts: 324 Arc User
Hey, new to the game.

This game was probably made back during the period of misconceptions that the more annoying a game is the more it will appeal to people.

Games like that got abandoned and I'll put my finger on it, that is why Champions Online is not as popular as some others out there: It has great potential to be a lot of fun but the misconception that it should be hard to reach maximum level is killing it.

Don't we want people to make more characters than one? I know I won't, once I get my character to 40 I'm never going to bother again.

So here's my suggestion:

1. Proportionate increase of xp gained as levels increase.

2. Hunter- and Boost events every weekend to encourage community play.

3. World bosses in remote places where lowbies cannot walk into them and die, such as the high tower tops. Hard as heck to beat, great -personal- loot for everybody, instanced to the player so there are no loot debates. Increased reward: xp for those who aren't max level yet, currency for those who are.

4. Better tooltips for questing and missions such as Nemesis stuff. I was waiting for a WEEK returning to the police station only to be told by a friend that's not how you get your second Nemesis mission.

5. Better customer support with actual people. I posted a ticket with a question, six days later I got an EMAIL (not in-game mail, mind) saying they'll investigate the issue. There is nothing to investigate, the answer was a yes or a no. And it never got "investigated" by the way.

5+1=6 Space bar to skip cutscene videos we have all seen a million times. PLZ.

I have hope that trolls will avoid this thread and actual staff would respond. But seeing the customer support, I'm pretty sure they'll... investigate the issue.
Post edited by glortor on

Comments

• championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    1. Already happens

2. Alerts is exactly how it worked due to time constraints and limited resources

3. Get out of the city. You will be surprised to find there are actually world bosses in other zones.

4. Could have asked, but some things should be discovered. It's what has ruined gaming in general the constant pervasive need to handhold for everything. The lack of explorable content is bad for a game it diminishes its life when you know exactly what you need to do and where to look.

5. Can't disagree with this one so much.

6. Skippable cut scenes would be nice but there are other issues involved as well so probably isn't so much of an easy fix as just hitting the BioWare shut up button.

And on the topic of misconceptions, the misconception is generally that an MMO is suppose to be like a normal game with just lots of multiplayer options. They aren't. And not everyone feels they need to make alts to enjoy the game. I play my main 40 almost constantly.

In fact it can be argued the game was ruined by the constant effort to include too much hand holding and the result the game has become ridiculously easy now.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The reality is kind of depressing but this is an F2P game run by a Chinese company, and a number of modern Asian game publishers do operate under the premise that the more annoying a game is, the more it will appeal to people - to open up their wallets and pay for a shortcut that is. Here's where the depressing part comes in: It works well enough that they keep doing it :/ Well even Blizz is doing pay-for-insta-90 so I guess the fort really has fallen there. Money > playing the game. We live in dark times.

That said, CO gets it better than most because it's inherently not a challenging game. It really isn't a requirement to shell out the Z to buy Cosmic Keys and then sell those keys to buy ingame stuff or exchange the Z for Questionite If you pick up a full Armadillo Set and a vehicle with Incendiary Round and two Biosteels, they will make levelling faster alright, but the game is easy enough that you don't need 'em.

Depending on your connections to any veteran players, you may get access to other shortcuts too,

At this point in time we're kind of working under the assumption that there's been a drought in dev attention because they're working on "something big" while being coy about what it actually is, so don't expect a dev response.

Depending on how you like character building, the game gets better at 40 once most of your build is in place, and the game as-is can be reasonably fun for as long as you take to go through the content and as long as you can stand the endgame grind after. There's also an RP scene if you're into that.

The Heroic Gear and Armadillo Secondaries grind is easy. Do dailies and farm Questionite for 6 days, buy Rank 5 mods on AH. Boom full set. Enjoy steamrolling Alerts and other content with it.

Justice Gear is more of a luxury than a must-have, but if you want to embark on the Justice Gear grind, that's another matter altogether. I suggest having a roster of at least 4 level 40 Freeforms in Heroic Gear with the capability to either solo or support in Gravitar. At least one of them should also be able to support in Frosticus, and another should be able to tank Frosticus. Also, get one Vehicle with Plasma Beam and two Biosteels to pass between your characters. Assuming 4 runs per day per character, that'll get you a decent flow of Justice Gear tokens for time invested - roughly 3 of each per rotation so full set in 2 rotations, or 24 days, The worst part of the 12-day rotation is Sky Command, where regardless of what you do, the entire mission takes 15 minutes and if you want to go for 4 runs x 4 characters, it'll take 4 hours a day for 3 days straight.

Oh yea, welcome to CO. Don't mind the dust, or the cobwebs, or leaky roof. The food is good. And hygienic. Honest.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, Double XP weekends happen every so often. Maybe one is coming for the anniversary? Slap 3 pieces of primary Nemesis gear on a hero (=9% XP bonus) and top up on the XP bonus from the occasional Grab mission (you get the XP bonus even if it isn't the Alert of the moment). With all that you can level to 40 in a few days of play.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have always thought that this game is one of the faster in terms of leveling when compared with wow or CoX. Maybe dcuo is faster but I am not sure. Just to clarify, I am talking about mostly normal leveling, powerleveling would be a different issue.

Aside, there are so many xp boosters around + the occasional 2x weekend(plus it could last 4 hrs of gameplay out of the event).

The only thing I would add is to make pvp a competitive leveling option
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    In my opinion, leveling to max level is way too easy and too fast in CO. I was just talking with a new player about this yesterday--he was bummed that he already hit level 25 after playing for two days.

1. Leveling slows down with level, true. On the other hand, the game is easy and max level can typically be achieved in a couple weeks of casual play.

2. These kind of events happen every couple months. More often would be fun for some, and a turnoff for others.

3. There are World Bosses that lowbies cannot access at all in level-gated zones. Some of these are regularly farmed, which is a problem (Kigatilik in Canada, Qwijybo and Teleiiosaurus on Monster Island).

4. For Nemesis missions, you do need to occasionally check your in-game mail, and check in with Defender sometimes.

5. Yep--better support would be great.

5+1=6 Many folks want cutscenes all skippable.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    the misconception that it should be hard to reach maximum level is killing it.
    The misconception seems to be that its hard to reach max level in CO.

Don't we want people to make more characters than one? I know I won't, once I get my character to 40 I'm never going to bother again.
    I bet there has been few hundred people that were sure of themselves like you, and now have their roster full of dozens of awesome heroes. Keep on playing, playa. You may prove yourself wrong.

Altitis is not a disease. It really isn't. Naah.

Since you're a new player. How long/far have you actually played CO?
    Just curious. My spidersense keeps tingling.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well they actually made speed leveling harder to do by changing the alerts around so the XP one was longer. They also removed XP and resource rewards from Mega D's. Leveling on Mega D's with all the xp buffs that you could possibly stack we actually worked out that you could reach 40 in under an hour.

But anyway that was fixed / nerfed whatever.

Thing is that there is loads of content in the lower levels to do that you can't really do at 40 so why not do it while leveling. For example all the random lairs there are that don't have level 40 hard mode versions for whatever reason. You could also go find Grond with a bunch of people and hunt him down at level 20.

What I wanna know is what is the rush to get to 40?

When I got my second 40 to 31 I did 31-40 PvP a lot and actually got BASH gold belt before getting to 35. It was fun. :)
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    selphea wrote: »
    The reality is kind of depressing but this is an F2P game run by a Chinese company, and a number of modern Asian game publishers do operate under the premise that the more annoying a game is, the more it will appeal to people - to open up their wallets and pay for a shortcut that is. Here's where the depressing part comes in: It works well enough that they keep doing it :/ Well even Blizz is doing pay-for-insta-90 so I guess the fort really has fallen there. Money > playing the game. We live in dark times.

CO is a F2P game owned by a Chinese company, run by an American company. PW knows that there is a difference between what Asian gamers like and what Western gamers like. It's why they bought American companies in their quest for world domination.

This game is super easy to reach max level. The hardest part is rolling a new alt and slugging through Westside again. Icky. It also depends on what you think is fun. I like playing hardcore in PoE with reckless abandon just to see how far I can get before finally killing my character. Even in CO, Leeroy is my hero.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    glortor wrote: »
    Hey, new to the game.

This game was probably made back during the period of misconceptions that the more annoying a game is the more it will appeal to people.

17871d1396595367t-time-change-game-discussion-topic-name-yall-postin-troll-thread.jpg
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hey, new to the game.

Games like that got abandoned and I'll put my finger on it, that is why Champions Online is not as popular as some others out there: It has great potential to be a lot of fun but the misconception that it should be hard to reach maximum level is killing it.

This is one of the easiest to level games I've ever played. You can hit max level and not even leave the Ren Center?

I usually do the following...

Blow through Westside/Kodiak mission in few hours and reach lvl 10.
    Than after that just alternate XP alerts with mission arcs.

I have several level 40s and it was just that simple.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    17871d1396595367t-time-change-game-discussion-topic-name-yall-postin-troll-thread.jpg
    It's not often that I agree with Spinny, but when he's right, he's right.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    But it can't be.
    I have hope that trolls will avoid this thread and actual staff would respond.
    See.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited August 2014
    sterga wrote: »
    CO is a F2P game owned by a Chinese company, run by an American company. PW knows that there is a difference between what Asian gamers like and what Western gamers like. It's why they bought American companies in their quest for world domination.

Yep, and according to what publishers like Blizz and Turbine are doing, Western gamers like to pay for insta-cap :p
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yep, and according to what publishers like Blizz and Turbine are doing, Western gamers like to pay for insta-cap :p

I don't know about DDO, but WoW and LOTRO's insta-level services are a confession that those games have large chunks of unpopular content with no alternative leveling paths.

In WoW's case, I think the reputations of Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria are well known by now. The insta-90 that comes with Warlords of Draenor is an obvious Get Out of Panda Jail Free card so people (like me) coming back to the game can prepare for WoD by farming Timeless Isle with mains that were parked in Dalaran or the Argent Tournament Grounds.

LOTRO's insta-level isn't all the way to the cap, which just jumped to 100 in Paths of The Dead, only to 50. That gets you out of the 40-something zones, the Misty Mountains (which was an interminable slog until it was recently streamlined) and Angmar (which is still an interminable slog, because it was the endgame at launch, and too important to the story), and ports you to the Gates of Moria, which starts one of the best sections of the game.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The problem isn't how long it takes to level in this game. The problem is the variation of content to reach maximum level with. For replayability there needs to dozens of branching paths and areas to level. We got 3 branches and only that much since launch.

Westside, Canada/Central, Dowtown/Monster Island, Vibora Bay.

Westside, Desert/Central, Downtown/Monster Island, Vibora Bay.

Westside, Alerts.

I see two problems here. Westside being the biggest and a small lower level branch between than and Downtown/Monster Island.
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I don't know about Turbine but with WoW the game doesn't start until endgame raids. All your friends that convinced you to finally play WoW? Yeah, you're not going to be playing with them for a looooooooooooooooooooong time.

There's no sidekicking/mentoring in WoW. You can outlevel content. Teaming with a character that drastically out levels the content you are doing flatlines your XP/time.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • glortorglortor Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The problem isn't how long it takes to level in this game. The problem is the variation of content to reach maximum level with.

Correct. It's the fact that you have to run 10 alerts to get a single level after level 30. Or near that many, don't know, my highest is 31 currently. It's annoying.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited August 2014
    Actually, after lvl 30 choices are Monster Island/Canada and later Monster Island/Lemuria/Vibora Bay.

I dislike like Vibora Bay and its long instanced quests, but just because people don't like maps it doesn't mean said maps and choices aren't there.

And I'm not bored with running ten alerts in a row and then pointlessly complaining, because I know better than to shoehorn myself into monotonous chore of leveling only by alerts and then complaining about boring gameplay.

It seems the biggest CO mistake was introducing XP alerts at all. It ended with population expecting nearly instant max level and not even trying zones other than Millenium City.

Honestly, get rid of XP alerts because it makes no sense to introduce new zones as long as these things are here.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Correct. It's the fact that you have to run 10 alerts to get a single level after level 30. Or near that many, don't know, my highest is 31 currently. It's annoying.

Ten Alerts for one level is a problem? You get teleported to a building where there's a bunch of easy bad guys, and after 4 or 5 rooms there's a boss, and this is asking too much of you? There is no world traveling, no "collect 150 loin cloths," no story to speak of, and a couple of seconds worth of cutscenes, all you have to do is go and fight some bad guys and then fight a bigger bad guy, this is too much?

Alerts caters to people who don't want to travel and don't want to read mission texts, they just want to go and beat something up and watch XP fall out of it. How is that not enough of an easy street?
    biffsig.jpg
    edited August 2014
    I suppose Alert bosses could all use some kind of "fire on the ground" gimmick just to keep things interesting...
    edited August 2014
    Actually, after lvl 30 choices are Monster Island/Canada and later Monster Island/Lemuria/Vibora Bay.

I dislike like Vibora Bay and its long instanced quests, but just because people don't like maps it doesn't mean said maps and choices aren't there.

And I'm not bored with running ten alerts in a row and then pointlessly complaining, because I know better than to shoehorn myself into monotonous chore of leveling only by alerts and then complaining about boring gameplay.

It seems the biggest CO mistake was introducing XP alerts at all. It ended with population expecting nearly instant max level and not even trying zones other than Millenium City.

Honestly, get rid of XP alerts because it makes no sense to introduce new zones as long as these things are here.

What, so all the players who like the XP Alerts and are very content with their existence should lose their fun because we don't rush to the forums to make a "YAY ALERTS" thread everytime one of the whiny brats complains they can't get to lvl 40 fast enough?

XP Alerts make sense in hindsight because of all the players they allowed the game to retain.
    Ten Alerts for one level is a problem? You get teleported to a building where there's a bunch of easy bad guys, and after 4 or 5 rooms there's a boss, and this is asking too much of you? There is no world traveling, no "collect 150 loin cloths," no story to speak of, and a couple of seconds worth of cutscenes, all you have to do is go and fight some bad guys and then fight a bigger bad guy, this is too much?

Alerts caters to people who don't want to travel and don't want to read mission texts, they just want to go and beat something up and watch XP fall out of it. How is that not enough of an easy street?

The real question being: How do you justify any piece of the game to someone who's argument is essentially "I don't like being forced to play the game".

I suppose Alert bosses could all use some kind of "fire on the ground" gimmick just to keep things interesting...

Yes plz.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited August 2014

^^^Soo much this.
    I'm doing XP alerts myself when I'm in a rush or I want to skip one or two quests, but really, having to repeat alerts is not a big sacrifice. If ten alerts per level are that tiring, then what about the rest of the game? Or other MMOs which no such feature...

Besides, leveling only with alerts is not the most effective way. You can level faster mixing alerts and quests.
    edited August 2014

I agree with most of what you said, but I need to point out that I'm protesting against the tedium altogether, not against one mechanic or another.

For example, quest items like the monster island injection, have a cooldown. WHY?! God.

Games need to be fun and relaxing not annoying and tedious.
    edited August 2014
    I agree with most of what you said, but I need to point out that I'm protesting against the tedium altogether, not against one mechanic or another.

For example, quest items like the monster island injection, have a cooldown. WHY?! God.

Games need to be fun and relaxing not annoying and tedious.

The game would be more fun and relaxing if you stopped stressing about those things. Don't bang your face against a wall and then blame me because your face hurts u3u

Also, any time you use the word "tedium" to describe what you're doing in a game, it's time to play a different game. Don't worry, we'll survive without you.
    edited August 2014
    The OP is kind of right. Most open world quests just have you steamrolling a bunch of weak mobs that tickle you for piddly damage - yes, even as an AT.

The AP/CS content is tougher but not nearly rewarding enough for XP/time compared to Grab or quest spam. I remember soloing Whiteout as a Grimoire pre-On Alert and feeling like a badass, then realizing I barely got a single level for all that trouble. If you could level efficiently via full AP/CS runs, that would do a lot to address the OP's issues IMO.

Another problem is itemization. Open a T3 equipment cache from the Until vendor. It's junk - literally. Those boxes are bugged and give you level 6 gear despite requiring level 30. Also, a lot of old gear with flavor text was removed or hasn't been updated to keep up with On Alert. That means before Heroic gear, there's no sense of progression or character development in terms of gear. You just go from nameless drop to nameless drop, or pay/farm for Nemesis/Armadillo to last you from 1-40.

I also prefer Alerts over open world because with levelling gear, at least mobs last long enough to do something other than keel over and die if you stare at them funny. Trouble with Alerts is that first timers kind of need to buy an Armadillo set to keep up with the fast levelling.

That said, for Gold subscribers IMO it's worth it to convert around 200z of the first stipend to Questionite and buy the full Armadillo set. The primaries will serve well until the switch to Heroic gear, while the secondaries are a viable endgame option for PvE. Think of the $15 for the first month as a box price. It gives a bunch of one-time freebies like a hideout and a free retcon for hitting 40 during the Gold month, both of which are usable after the first month expires. Of course it's also a chance to to try out the Freeform weed on PTS. To really max out the gold month, you can try to scramble together about 500g to pick up a Mark 2 vehicle from the AH.

Honestly the game is less tedious as Gold, although that's a good and bad thing because as a Silver you really do feel like some kind of downtrodden peasant with shinies like >250G purchases on the AH and power tinting being forever out of reach, and that puts many players off. At least Freeform is obtainable for 2500z during discounts and I did get a few slots that way but that assumes the player hasn't left in disgust by that point, which is a very very small percentage of new players.

And @ WoW comments: Thanks for reminding me to never touch that game ;)
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2014

And @ WoW comments: Thanks for reminding me to never touch that game ;)

My job here is done. :D
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Monster island injection is 10 seconds.
    I kill one, inject and then kill another while it's on CD.
    NO problem
    if you think 10 seconds is tedium, you have a problem.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=204381
    a thread for your information.
    BTW, staff don't read these threads apart from whoever our current Community Manager is and they aren't in Customer support.
    also Customer support deals with all the tickets from Champions, Startrek and Nevermind.

You want tedium, try Nevermind, where you can level by doing a task which involves pressing a button, once per hour.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

edited August 2014
    Don't worry, we'll survive without you.
    I'm glad you're enjoying your superior stance on the subject. Me, I'm just right. owo
    Begone, foul fiend. Go away, your ego will not be fed here today. :biggrin:
    edited August 2014
    chaelk wrote: »

Thank you!
    edited August 2014
    I'm glad you're enjoying your superior stance on the subject. Me, I'm just right. owo
    Begone, foul fiend. Go away, your ego will not be fed here today. :biggrin:

All right then, you just go ahead and get back to complaining about having to wait for 10 seconds, and having to spend 15 minutes per level up. I'll just be here with my ego... choosing to do stuff in the game and not claiming that the stuff I'm choosing to do is tedious and forced on me :3

Thank you!

I don't think you realize why that link was provided to you o3o
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It has great potential to be a lot of fun but the misconception that it should be hard to reach maximum level is killing it.

I have only ever seen one game where I could get to max level faster/easier than is the case in CO. I'm not saying that others don't exist but I have not seen them.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
    edited August 2014
    ashensnow wrote: »
    I have only ever seen one game where I could get to max level faster/easier than is the case in CO. I'm not saying that others don't exist but I have not seen them.

I've played a few games where people told me I could hit max level in like a week.. but it always involved running around doing quests which is lame >.>

To be honest, CO has spoiled me on most other MMOs, even if they are technically the type where you can level up quickly.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Glor, if the game's feeling like a "chore" to you, take a break. Stop playing for a while. Come back in a month or so, see if you still feel the same way. If you do, well, maybe this isn't the game for you. In the wise words of the famed philosopher, Richard Nelson:

Well, it's all right now,
    I learned my lesson well,
    You see, you can't please everyone,
    So you got to please yourself.

``
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • coneuroniaconeuronia Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've played a few games where people told me I could hit max level in like a week.. but it always involved running around doing quests which is lame >.>

To be honest, CO has spoiled me on most other MMOs, even if they are technically the type where you can level up quickly.

Used to do in 4-5 hours, eh maybe six or so in CoX, but you could set up your own instances, reset the maps and have everything be +4 to you and so on. And they had the mission designer which let you hit fifty in 3 hours, maybe less, depending on exploit strength.

I guess my average here is 3-4 days if I just destroy my brain through Alerts. Can only do that so often though. :(

Amelie Layclaire - Lightning and Wind (40)
    Solution Five - Gadgets and Subterfuge (40)
    Dodgeball Kara - Support and Ebon Ruin (40)
    Relentless Pursuit - Fire and Force (35)
    Rear Window - Homage - Icy Disposition (20)
    Teaming with @shottymario and hoping to meet you all ingame.
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited August 2014

NW takes 20 hours to level up but it's all like story line stuff that they made which is similar to CO's other than you have to move less distance but you are also slower which makes up for it. <_< But then CO put in alerts where you don't need travel powers anyway!

Yay!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    :biggrin:BTW, the thread I linked was the Alt-aholics one.

where the list of people with up to 150 Max level characters are.

I am currently up to 56 on main and 21 on alt.
    OH how hard it is to level characters... rofl
    3 years and still stuffing up builds
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, I was gonna say. Neverwinter's the only game I know of that lets you level as fast as here does. Cryptic likes easy end caps, it seems. Which is silly because the thing they like the least is endgame content.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well OP it seems we have a difference of opinion as I think this game is fun and does not feel like a chore.

Sure beats mowing the lawn/shoveling snow/washing dishes/doing laundry/cleaning toilets and all those other things you really should be doing instead of playing games right now!
  • oddbirdyoddbirdy Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    what i just cant comprehend that first post

i've never ever played a mmo where hitting max level is as easy as it is here

OP have you ever played a mmo before
    edited August 2014
    Cryptic likes easy end caps, it seems. Which is silly because the thing they like the least is endgame content.

Brilliant_1.gif