test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Crazy-*** Theory...

bluegrassbeastbluegrassbeast Posts: 1,906 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Builds and Roles
I'm not sure this is even remotely viable, as a caveat. But with all this recent talk of the possibility of Presence as a DPS stat....

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name: Libra

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Presence (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: Divinity
Level 6: Intimidating
Level 9: Enduring
Level 12: Shrug It Off
Level 15: Agile
Level 18: Finesse
Level 21: Acrobat

Powers:
Level 1: Shadow Bolt (Despondency)
Level 1: Shadow Blast
Level 6: Shadow Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Empathic Healing (Rank 2, Empathic Amplification)
Level 11: Spirit Reverberation
Level 14: Concentration
Level 17: Palliate (Rank 2, Absolve)
Level 20: Ebon Ruin (Rank 2, Nyctophobia, Paranormal Paranoia)
Level 23: Iniquity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Ascension (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Resurgence
Level 32: Redemption (Rank 2, Salvation)
Level 35: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
Level 38: Rebirth

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Teleportation (Rank 2)

Specializations:
Presence: Selfless Ally (2/2)
Presence: Grandeur (3/3)
Presence: Moment of Glory (2/3)
Presence: Force of Will (2/2)
Overseer: Ruthless (2/2)
Overseer: Overseer Aura (3/3)
Overseer: Impact (2/2)
Overseer: Honor (2/2)
Overseer: Enhanced Gear (1/3)
Arbiter: Ruthless (2/2)
Arbiter: Arbiter Aura (3/3)
Arbiter: Rend (2/2)
Arbiter: Honor (2/2)
Arbiter: Enhanced Gear (1/3)
Mastery: Overseer Mastery (1/1)

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Visit Coffin Baby's Entry on The PRIMUS Database

Need a new Build? Visit Bluegrass Beast's Build Basement - Last Updated 09/10/16: New Build!

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jamesbonnelljamesbonnell Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Personally - I'd move R2, R3 out of Ascension, into Shadow Blast. I don't like unranked Blast powers.

I'd also try to fit in Ego Sleep / Plagued by Nightmares for a reliable fear, and *strongly* consider Lifedrain with Vampiric Sympathy. Probably instead of Empathic Healing, personally. Iniquity is a VERY good heal other.

However, Concentration only scales with Int/Ego, not Pre, so it doesn't look like you'll get a lot of mileage out of your Form at present.

If I was trying to do the healer/dps hybrid thing, I'd probably fit in Compassion instead of Concentration, and I'd likely do Sentinel rather than one of the two you picked.

I don't think I've ever actually used either Overseer or Arbiter, so ... yeah.

Also, Circle of Radiant Glory gives an AOE heal on tap every few seconds, if you don't mind adjusting position a little, along with the self-rez capability. I don't really have anyone with a self-rez, but I keep meaning to try that.

OTOH - as a 40 build - ditch Dex, toss in Int, and Concentration will serve you well.

$.02
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, Pres PSS being a good, alternative option for dps comes down to 3 (possibly 4) main things:

1. Moment of Glory for high-crit reliant builds, like anything using Avenger Mastery.
    2. MoG + Vulnerability for a combo of high crit and 10% team-wide -resist that is competitive dps, as long as ya can keep Vuln rolling consistently (which means easy-cast paralyzes and/or ego sleep).
    3. Manip CC/stun builds that still use a dps role for the multiplicative dmg boost; best w/ Sorc's Whim for burst dmg on stunned mobs (though Int PSS also works good w/ these, in my experience).
    3. TP Reverb + Mind Opener builds (though ya dun really need Pres as a PSS to get enough energy return for this).

That is in addition to the side-benefit of Pres PSS giving you notably stronger self-heals.

This build doesn't really quite sate any of those. Can still be viable, ofc, but I'm not sure Pres PSS would be a nice fit w/ it as current.

Anywho- none of ur SS's are supporting ur toggle (Concentration).

If you are using Shadow Blast to roll Fear for SR and ER, that's fine, but then you'll prob want to rank it up cause Fear only lasts ~12 sec and you'll be renewing it pretty often (or use void lunge w/ adv, or ego sleep w/ adv).

Ya have 2 regular ally heals, which strikes me as a bit redundant. Iniquity is far better hps than Empathic, but then ya prob want to pair it w/ Conviction for the easiest means of healing back the health dmg to you (selfless ally works really well w/ Ascension and Iniquity). Empathic can work okay on its own when fully ranked and back by some Pres, but then I'd prob take out iniquity.

Also, no AoE powers? Would ya be using devices for that?

And I wouldn't bother w/ despondency in PvE, unless you really had nothing better for those 2 points.

Lastly- Arbiter spec is mostly a waste for this build.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think the intent was missed, for which I apologize..

Tap ER, Use Shadow Blast to trigger fear, use Iniquity to heal teammates twice, heal the third with Empathic to trigger the damage buff and trigger both procs of Honor at 3, then spike with ER?

Eh, that's much work for a damage boost that mostly just making up for lost time when healing :x It is a nice way to combo healing w/ dps, though, if that's ur goal. Problem is, healing is dynamic compared to doing a dps rotation, so its not like ya can really make that a set thing if ya still want the heals to be opportune (and ofc it's less relevant when solo).

edit: Oh, I guess I should mention- its still feasible to have Honor work w/o time spent on active healing, but the only passive heal auras I'm aware of that proc it are MN and Seraphim (spec auras won't). Ya could make a hybrid healer/dps using paranormal charge-based attacks (so Honor isn't wasted on a small tick of something) and Seraphim + Honor, but ya still need allies or pets nearby for Honor to proc that consistently w/ the aura.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, with this stat setup you really only ave two choices for a damage toggle: Compassion or FotT. The ranged damage scaling per stat point is the same for each so it really depends on whether you want to gear more for PRE or for DEX.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!