test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hurray for STO

2»

Comments

• kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Argument Dog seems to have a vendetta against anyone who is willing to admit that an update the size that she's claiming is unlikely. She doesn't realize that accepting that we are a small game with limited resources and a small dev team is a far cry from calling them "pathetic." It's simply the way things are, the way the die was cast.
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Tonight's story on The Twilight Zone is somewhat unique and calls for a different kind of introduction.

This, as you may recognize, is a map of the United States, and there's a little town there called Peaksville. On a given morning not too long ago, the rest of the world disappeared and Peaksville was left all alone. Its inhabitants were never sure whether the world was destroyed and only Peaksville left untouched or whether the village had somehow been taken away.

They were, on the other hand, sure of one thing: the cause. A monster had arrived in the village. Just by using his mind, he took away the automobiles, the electricity, the machines - because they displeased him - and he moved an entire community back into the dark ages - just by using his mind.

Now I'd like to introduce you to some of the people in Peaksville, Ohio. This is Mr. Fremont. It's in his farmhouse that the monster resides. This is Mrs. Fremont. And this is Aunt Amy, who probably had more control over the monster in the beginning than almost anyone. But one day she forgot. She began to sing aloud. Now, the monster doesn't like singing, so his mind snapped at her, turned her into the smiling, vacant thing you're looking at now. She sings no more.

And you'll note that the people in Peaksville, Ohio, have to smile. They have to think happy thoughts and say happy things because once displeased, the monster can wish them into a cornfield or change them into a grotesque, walking horror. This particular monster can read minds, you see. He knows every thought, he can feel every emotion.

Oh yes, I did forget something, didn't I? I forgot to introduce you to the monster. This is the monster. His name is Anthony Fremont. He's six years old, with a cute little-boy face and blue, guileless eyes. But when those eyes look at you, you'd better start thinking happy thoughts, because the mind behind them is absolutely in charge. This is the Twilight Zone.

I think I just had an epiphany.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    I agree with the argument dog that a major update is quite possible.

might not like how she's going about expressing her opinion about it, but on that I agree.

It's a highly improbable possibility.
  • gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    We could speculate a lot about the future developments but I'd rather think about the meaning of such a new content in terms of my perception of pwe intentions

1) If it is another fatal error like content, then it means the their model is basically the same so it is not too crazy to expect next year to be like the current one.

2) If they either add a higher lvl content, minizone/adventure pack/comic series/ endgame like lair; then I can think they are interested in reviving the game as a competitive option.

3) nothing at all, no need to go to this option.

I know that we as a community could give Devs a hard time and this is the reason for the silence about future plans. However, that silence leads to speculations, desperation and other effects.

I wouldn't ask for an Ask Cryptic. However, every six months would be nice that CO's producer write a few paragraphs telling us where they are planning to take the game.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Being the one that started this Argument Dog thing I feel I must balance out the Universe so ...

APpic_zpsa9a9467c.jpg

Heres the original for people wondering.

ChampionsOffline_zps65aa9033.jpg

All for fun no hate involved.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2014
    Thread doesn't seem to be going anywhere productive, closing.
This discussion has been closed.