test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Rocket Hawks

tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
Hi guys, new question, was inspired by the Nemesis mission where the Rocket Hawks showed up.

I know the Rocket Hawks are Brian and Jessie Campbell, that they have jetpacks and guns.

Is there any more information on them please?
Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I know there's no greater joy in Champions Online than kiting the nemesis duplicates around long enough for those pompous, condescending, credit-hogging $*@&%# to draw aggro and get killed. :biggrin:
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I haven't been able to find mention of the Rocket Hawks in any Champions PnP source book. I know they're Cryptic Studios creations, but it appears they were never translated to the tabletop game. So I'm afraid what's in CO is all the extant info.
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yup all i found in the old wiki archive is:

Rocket Hawk: Brian Campbell is Rocket hawk, a wise cracking hero with a heart of gold. He's fearless in the face of danger when push comes to shove and always seems to come out on top.

Lady Rocket Hawk: Rocket Hawk's significant other, Jessie Campbell, is always saving Rocket Hawk; he calls her his luck charm. She's definitely an amazing fighter and classy lady, all at once.

Rocket Hawk seems to be Cryptics version of The Rocketeer.
    edited August 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    yup all i found in the old wiki archive is:

Rocket Hawk: Brian Campbell is Rocket hawk, a wise cracking hero with a heart of gold. He's fearless in the face of danger when push comes to shove and always seems to come out on top.

Lady Rocket Hawk: Rocket Hawk's significant other, Jessie Campbell, is always saving Rocket Hawk; he calls her his luck charm. She's definitely an amazing fighter and classy lady, all at once.

Rocket Hawk seems to be Cryptics version of The Rocketeer.

Sounds like a classic example of a source telling you how awesome something is, while what it shows you is something else.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Lady Rocket Hawk is wearing powerarmor pieces, and uses guns.
    Mr Rocket Hawk isn't wearing powerarmor pieces and is using PA powers.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Cool, thanks for the confirmation and the opinions. I felt the same way, like here:
    eiledon wrote: »

Yeah, this reminds me of "Halo is a pretty cool guy, he kills aliens and doesn't afraid of anything."

Context - I've been thinking of a flying Solder AT, saw these 2 again, thought something like Kid Rocket Hawk was a good idea...until I listened to what they were saying. It was the most dysfunctional family I can think of.

It's like Lady Rocket Hawk was a woman who married a man-child, tried to steer him away from his fantasies, then gave it because it was too much effort and ended up joining in his delusions as it's the only bearable way forward.

They have a child, neglected, who decided to dress up as Kid Rocket Hawk just so he's no longer ignored. So sad.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
    edited August 2014
    While Steve Long was still Line Developer for Hero Games, he actively sought characters original to Champions Online -- who were often given only sketchy backgrounds -- that looked interesting and useful enough to flesh out and add to the Champions tabletop stable. Quite a few Cryptic creations made it into the Champions Villains trilogy, while a few heroes are at least mentioned in Champions Universe or other books.

Guess the Rocket Hawks didn't grab him either. :wink: