test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anniversary Expectations

gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
With anniversary being less than a month away. I am wondering what Cryptic has planned for it.

My expectation:

1) renacted event like destroid invasion or full bloodmoon

2) General sale in Zstore/Qstore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The only thing I know for certain;

Cake will be up, Sapphire will be singing, and most likely we will have the Destroid Event turned on for a limited time after. If we are getting anything new unlikely. No, Blood Moon won't be turned on for this.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Double XP. Giant Cake. Water Balloons. Anniversary gifts and sparkly tuxedos. Madbot exposing himself as Foxbat and kidnapping Sapphire to his bondage dungeon.

You know, the usual.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My expectation.

Cryptic is too busy working on their next significant piece ofl content to do much that's new for the anniversary. There'll be a new lockbox, possibly combined with a new daily. People will say "is that all?" and proclaim that the game is dying/dead/doomed/something with the letter D. People will complain about Saphirre's song as if it was the aborted love child of Justin Bieber and Kim-Jung Un committing crimes against humanity, and not a lightweight, easily avoided piece of fluff.

I do hope that when we move onto the destroid invasion part, this year they'll raise the timer on the message to every hour. It plays too often. I'd also edit and/or rerecord the ending of Destroyer's monologue to be less cheezy, but that's just me.

Also, if it were me, I'd activate the launch/1st anniversary event on the very last day, but spawning every two hours at 2 pm, 4 pm, 6 pm, and 8 pm server time, with a big cash and Q drop reward if every mega-D on the map is cleared in time. At 10 pm, a short (new) message from Destroyer would play to put a close on the event.

Edit: I wouldn't mind it if they retired the old glittery anniversary costume pieces and replaced rhem with something new. The old ones should probably be lying around for years yet;.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I expect nothing. That way, I can't be disappointed, and may be pleasantly surprised.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    edited August 2014
    My expectation.

Cryptic is too busy working on their next significant piece ofl content to do much that's new for the anniversary. There'll be a new lockbox, possibly combined with a new daily. People will say "is that all?" and proclaim that the game is dying/dead/doomed/something with the letter D. People will complain about Saphirre's song as if it was the aborted love child of Justin Bieber and Kim-Jung Un committing crimes against humanity, and not a lightweight, easily avoided piece of fluff.

Haha oh, I think you just won.

Funny story, I was looking up doom threads from days gone by earlier (Yeah, I need a hobby and work doesn't start till next week) and I came across this gem. 1 WEEK LIVE and we were getting doom threads. God, I love this game.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Expect the unexpected!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Haha oh, I think you just won.

Funny story, I was looking up doom threads from days gone by earlier (Yeah, I need a hobby and work doesn't start till next week) and I came across this gem. 1 WEEK LIVE and we were getting doom threads. God, I love this game.

There was doom even before then. Before launch it was "This game won't last six months, A i o n is gonna kill it."
    biffsig.jpg
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2014
    I want a party cannon device.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The version number will go up.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    kaizerin wrote: »
    I want a party cannon device.

How about a t-shirt Gatling gun?

cannonoffun.jpg
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My only expectation for this is that there will be a permanent family-sized water balloon device.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    More of Sapphire's singing.

2411o20.gif
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Juggle Emote....
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I expect some PvP people to say
    "we can't duel now, there's a big cake there. When is it going away."

despite there being a park and other large open spaces nearby,

and reloading dbl xp on the alts I ran out on
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    crosschan wrote: »
    Juggle Emote....

Jiggle Emote....

3d9.png
    edited August 2014
    The version number will go up.

I think this will be the 100% guarantee.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited August 2014
    Cryptic could do something like they did in STO.

There, because people were complaining about trolls abusing dance devices, Cryptic did release a counterdevice - as long as you have one in your inventory you are immune to party amplifiers.

Of course there was some whining from trolls on forums, but it was very brief and barely noticeable.

The same could be made in CO. Disco ball/snowball/trout/water balloon/whatever counter device.

STO device is sold for gold pressed latinum.

CO devices could be sold for Questionite or recognision.

And then Cryptic might release permanent disco balls and other devices as well.
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I expect a new lockbox, possibly a new vehicle, and definitely a new costume set (I want a new set of Destroid style armor myself.) There may be an aura pack in there somewhere as well.

As far as content goes?

Meh, not getting my hopes up yet. If we get any, it'll be after this is done with.

One thing I want though, is an epic Destroyer fight. I'm tired of blowing up robots, lets see the man himself in action...Maybe a new 10 man fight based out of Champs HQ, with the Champions pitching in? That'd be pretty easy to put together, and hella fun.

Heck, for bonus points, how about a UNTIL power armor become device? I want a Power Armor I can use with my non human characters.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    chaelk wrote: »

despite there being a park and other large open spaces nearby.
    And a series of arenas in the PH specifically intended for dueling in a number of environments...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    edited August 2014
    chaelk wrote: »

despite there being a park and other large open spaces nearby,

and reloading dbl xp on the alts I ran out on
    jonsills wrote: »
    And a series of arenas in the PH specifically intended for dueling in a number of environments...

wtf are either of you even talking about?

best duel spot is right next to the hospital north of rencen u3u
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    wtf are either of you even talking about?

best duel spot is right next to the hospital north of rencen u3u

Most people still duel in the middle of rencen, since forever. Didn't realize this wasn't common knowledge.
    edited August 2014
    Most people still duel in the middle of rencen, since forever. Didn't realize this wasn't common knowledge.

Did you just find out about it or something? u3u
  • gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I would add an SG managed epic costume contest with prizes donated by Cryptic :biggrin:

The one on July 4th despite its incovenients was pretty nice.:biggrin:
    edited August 2014
    gandales wrote: »
    I would add an SG managed epic costume contest with prizes donated by Cryptic :biggrin:

The one on July 4th despite its incovenients was pretty nice.:biggrin:

Most of the prizes were handled by the SG. I think the only prizes dealt out by Cryptic fromt ht CC were the AFs and forum titles.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited August 2014
    And the Therakiel Sword.

Which was a bad **** idea, for the record. I didn't even bother with that cat because I knew EVERYONE would be going for it.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My expectations for the anniversary?

Same unlocks as last year and a new lousy lockbox to open, too bad i have better things to do than gamble.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
    edited August 2014
    I'm actually expecting maybe not a new lock box. This one's still new, and we don't have a lot of time before the anniversary.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Cryptic could do something like they did in STO.

There, because people were complaining about trolls abusing dance devices, Cryptic did release a counterdevice - as long as you have one in your inventory you are immune to party amplifiers.

Of course there was some whining from trolls on forums, but it was very brief and barely noticeable.

The same could be made in CO. Disco ball/snowball/trout/water balloon/whatever counter device.

This would be great....a much needed device.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • coneuroniaconeuronia Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    A new Rampage, some emotes, a lockbox and perhaps finally some news from Developers about what might be coming down the road. And cake.

Amelie Layclaire - Lightning and Wind (40)
    Solution Five - Gadgets and Subterfuge (40)
    Dodgeball Kara - Support and Ebon Ruin (40)
    Relentless Pursuit - Fire and Force (35)
    Rear Window - Homage - Icy Disposition (20)
    Teaming with @shottymario and hoping to meet you all ingame.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    some emotes

Those are due at the 10th Anniversary.
    It's not like candy that you can spread around freely...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif