What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20140602.23/.24 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PTS - The Archive
This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 4:30pm, 7/22/2014

Release Notes for FC.31.20140602.24:

Preview:

• Ninja Mask: The male version has been thickened to work with more short hair options.

• The Psionic Arachnid back piece has been moved closer to the back, and an alternate version has been added that is higher up the back. You will need to use the unlock item again to get this extra piece.

• The Psionic Dragon Wings now use the correct channel for glow.

• The Psionic Dragon male hips piece had a piece of geometry clipping through. Fixed.

Bug Fixes:

• The male Jackal head's materials no longer have skin.

Release Notes for FC.31.20140602.23:

Preview:

• The Psionic Dragon costume set has been added to the Debugger. This set was inspired by Necratech009's entry to our Design a costume contest!

• A Ninja Mask has been added to the Gold Bonus Vendor as the reward for August 2014.

Other:

• King Sekhen's Lockbox now has the "Booster Box II" with XP Boost Plus instead of the older "Booster Box" with XP Boost - 1 Hour.

• Added a new pattern option to the Jackal head. Added two new pattern options to the Feather Mask. These awesome new patterns were designed by community member Kaiserin!

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    anu.png
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The Ninja Mask is not in the vendor to test.
  • luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    trhzuVX.jpg

Monthly sub ninja mask doesn't seem to be in debugger or costume vendor...
    two lines of plain text
    the best kind of signature
  • lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The Ninja Mask is not in the vendor to test.

It is now!
  • luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Can't seem to find the feather mask AT ALL in the tailor

Search for feather brings up nothing and its not listed, pretty sure this was given out by the debugger at some point in the set and I unlocked it

It seems everything that's a C-store set isn't present in the tailor, which is making it hard to test.
    two lines of plain text
    the best kind of signature
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    BUG
    LIVE/PTS

The metal material for the arcane tattoos leg options on female character models uses the leather material texture instead, i reported this bug in the last PTS thread..so simply put Y U NO FIX.......and sorry if it comes off as rude, this bug is preventing me from making a certain character that i have in mind.

Pic related, it's the bug

oh, and the ninja mask is missing from the test vendor.

2014-07-23_00001_zps992f6877.jpg
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
    edited July 2014
    The lower half of the Arcane tattoo set has a lot of things wrong with it that don't work for even the many skirt and dress options. They could, but aren't there. But that's off topic and there's no change of them being addressed now properly except for in the PTS patch thread.
  • aurasonic12aurasonic12 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bug Psionic dragon bracers texture
    Where it happens tailor
    What happens when you first select the psionic dragon bracer piece there are two different textures showing up
  • aurasonic12aurasonic12 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    suggestion for the new pattern for the jackal head how about using the 4th color box as the color for the tattoo for the "Ra" pattern instead of the skin color
  • yinjeighyinjeigh Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    PSIONIC DRAGON!!! Great work on this set, both creator and devs.

All the blue parts are the new set. For the insect wings, you can go top, bottom, or both.

screenshot_2014-07-22-19-26-34.jpg
    screenshot_2014-07-22-19-26-00.jpg
    screenshot_2014-07-22-19-25-05.jpg
    @Jeighsun in-game. Feel free to add me!
  • necratech009necratech009 Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Absolutely love what they have done with my ideas! Really looking forward to it coming out!

I was wondering when the winners will be getting the set. Hope its a little sooner than last time but ofcourse we will be happy with just getting it.:biggrin:

Again, sooo happy with the way it turned out!
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    great set
    can you add the glow to the third color on the brushed metal again please?
    also it would be great if added to the 90's set as well so everything matches with the scifi and holoforce set :)
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Liking the Psionic Dragon Set - first look nothing seems out of place.

Suggestion: Additional Leg Set
    What: In my original design for Holoforce, there was an option to have two OR four additional legs to allow player to create an insect or arachnid. Now we have the arachnid legs, would it be possible to create the insect version by removing the lower two legs from the arachnid set, leaving only the upper set to curve over the shoulder. This would allow players the option of bug or spider.

Previous Issues Outstanding Still from .22 and live
    eiledon wrote: »

Bug: Star Tights Not Available in Various Categories
    What: Star Tights not available under: Jackets, Robotic Both Arms, Robotic Right Arm, Robotic Left Arm, Medium Skirts & Shorts (Male)/Medium Skirt (Female), Robotic Right Leg, Robotic Left Leg

Bug: Arcane Tattoos Not Available in Various Categories
    What: Arcane Tattoos not available under: Jackets, Robotic Both Arms, Robotic Right Arm, Robotic Left Arm, Medium Skirts & Shorts (Male)/Medium Skirt (Female), Robotic Right Leg, Robotic Left Leg
  • stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Oh man, Psionic Dragon is so beautiful. :O And it's got all the textures too!

6FisNmy.gif

OkYv7su.gif

Aw, man, it even has glow. :D

xMYJndH.gif

fzLNA1C.gif
    edited July 2014
    Absolutely love what they have done with my ideas! Really looking forward to it coming out!

I was wondering when the winners will be getting the set. Hope its a little sooner than last time but ofcourse we will be happy with just getting it.:biggrin:

Again, sooo happy with the way it turned out!

Have to agree, they (Meatiator?) have done a great job interpreting Necra's concept. Also the addition of the wings and legs from my Holoforce suggestion really do make a great extra.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    also a few issues with the holoforce set...

Bug: Holoforce Costume Set
    Where it happens PTS & LIVE
    What happens The upper and lower tights don't match in shade
    ChampionsOnline_2014-07-14_20-35-56.jpg

Bug: Holoforce Costume Set
    Where it happens PTS & LIVE
    What happens: A few things are going on here, Holoform pattern 3 & 4 gives you this very funky mouth when in beast stance and when you use the much darker color shades you can see the outline of the lips, they appear to be glossy and UN-full mask like
    ChampionsOnline_2014-07-14_20-53-17.jpgDEF8366F-9A86-4FA8-A0DB-D315C3E446DD.jpg

Suggestion:
    + Move Spider Legs closer to body
    + Have additional location of Spider Legs (upper back)
    ChampionsOnline_2014-07-22_21-06-46.jpg
    + add a psionic skull cap option to allow creation of a full helmet look
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Please please please please please please! Make this work with Beast Legs! My most widely used character could really benefit from this Psionic Dragon set but she has BEAST LEGS and therefore a LOT of what is being put out (as far as tights) I have to pass on because the leg options for Beast change the legs back to NORMAL, completely negating the want to use Beast Legs.

So please. Stop ignoring this and give costume equality to all!

Additionally: can we get Foot Accessories that don't have anything for the tops of the feet for those that use non-human feet? What we have clips and doesn't look pretty at all because of it.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Aw, man didn't even see the psionic backs. :O

2c7enUn.gif

f7CAFlN.gif

Ninja Mask~! (Go, Ninja, Go Ninja, Go~!)

haeYAyF.gif

4F9YBJv.gif

...I actually don't have the feather mask (I don't think), so I can't say anything about those....
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ninja mask? Cowabunga Dudes :)

I really like the Psionic Dragon set, with the exception of the aforementioned issue of the spider legs not working. They should be mounted in the same way the jetpacks are now.

The new Anubis face is quite shiny, though if I were to nitpick, I would say I'd prefer having the markings and color editable would be better. As it stands now, they just match skin tone, which makes them invisible on a traditional blackskinned Anubis design.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have to say it....this new costume set is PSEXY

Very much loving it. Props to The Meatiator (sounds like a wrestling chef name :P) for translating yet again one of the winning ideas from the player base into a good looking costume set!

It would be very nice though if this set worked with all types of characters! (*looks at Beast Legs*)

I can see this costume set having fantastic synergies with Holoforce and PSI pieces....who knows...this Psionic Dragon set could be used to refashion PSI a lil bit. :wink: (In a similar manner to how Cybermind Pieces can be seen on Teleioclones!)
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    Bug: Male jackal head is using skin as a color channel, this should changed. Female is not.

I will give kudos to the wings of this set. I was getting burned out on all the generic tech armor sets we've been getting over the past few months, but these wings are something interesting and unique.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Gratz to you Necra!

Oh, and ty for adding the new eye mask...I've been needing this for quite a while!
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • bellatorrexbellatorrex Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    God that set looks beautiful! And yes, Swashbuckler needs that mask to get that Zorro vibe and other similar heroes look that the Buckler of Swash has. *100% supports Zenith's want to get that mask*
    Bug: Psionic Dragon Hip Wear
    What: On Males the alternate color area of the hipwear pokes through the main color portion on the front right. No similar glitch on front left. (see screenshot). Note doesn't seem to affect female costume part

psionicdragonglitch_zps17147bab.jpg

Suggestion: Psionic Wings (Dragon, Insect)
    What: Can you make the default size of the wings be at the mid point of the wings size slider, to allow them to be increased in size for larger characters. At the moment they seem a little small, and when you shrink the wings they all but disappear.
    edited July 2014
    Suggestion: Psionic Wings (Dragon, Insect)
    What: Can you make the default size of the wings be at the mid point of the wings size slider, to allow them to be increased in size for larger characters. At the moment they seem a little small, and when you shrink the wings they all but disappear.

I was thinking something looked wrong, but forgot to check wing scales. I would agree with this suggestion 100%.
  • necratech009necratech009 Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I agree on the wings. The size could be adjusted or something. I was also thinking that maybe they dont have to flap when hovering. This could be the size thing. Anyways, still very happy with the way it looks.:biggrin:
    edited July 2014
    I agree on the wings. The size could be adjusted or something. I was also thinking that maybe they dont have to flap when hovering. This could be the size thing. Anyways, still very happy with the way it looks.:biggrin:

perhaps if they added a static version of the Psionic Dragon wings if that was how you had originally intended them? So as well as the flapping version you could choose to have static blades.
  • gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    perhaps if they added a static version of the Psionic Dragon wings if that was how you had originally intended them? So as well as the flapping version you could choose to have static blades.

I support this. Having a non flapping version of this one and maybe for the holoforce wings too.
  • chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Little Disheartened that the new set doesn't have weapons that can be Psi-holo.

I REALLY want invisible melee weapons so I can Sword Cyclone with my fists.
    I was also wondering about the weapon. Just curious. It would have been a great addition.

And my original thoughts on the wings were to be static. Its a nice graphic when flying. The way the wings pull back. But I am not to keen on the flapping. Like Liath suggested tho, maybe make it so you can have both.
    edited July 2014
    Texture weapons would be awesome regardless.

But yes, a lot of new costume pieces have specific parts poking through them and its always happening on the right side of the body.
  • ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Little Disheartened that the new set doesn't have weapons that can be Psi-holo.

I REALLY want invisible melee weapons so I can Sword Cyclone with my fists.

When I saw the first concept, I thought it'd most likely be a new TK Blades unlock. Which would be cool, too. We need new TK weapons, I'd say.

Though, as a Martial Arts Single/Double Blades Unlock lover, new additions to those weapons are always welcome, too! :D

On an unrelated note, the new Ninja Masks which look VERY SIMILAR to the masks worn by a specific quartet of Terrapin heroes, who are also having a new movie released in August. COINCIDENCE?! I think not!
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    Also, on a 'not pure commenting' note, I noticed that the Alien Hybrid Skin can't be matched with your skin color. That really should be changed to have an option to use Skin Coloring for the primary color. I mean, it IS skin. And should work like skin... no? Am I wrong? Well, sue me, then!
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    BUG
    PTS TAILOR

dragon wings use fourth colour for glow, every other part uses second.
    Bug wings use second

this was red/orange/yellow/lt blue

wingsbug_zpsa17e33d9.png
    wingdragon_zps20b88d28.png
    I may make up my first mecha armour character with this set, it's lovely.
    congratulations both to the designers and the person doing all the working making the concept real.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kriss94kriss94 Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am loving the Psionic Dragon armor set, especially the arachnid legs, and whilst I do love the way they're positioned, wouldn't it be wise to add a second version that sprouds from between the shoulder blades? Since whilst it looks good as it is, I've already heard people say they wish it could sproud from the upper back so as to fit their armors better, and I agree with them, but I also like the way you already have them set up and think that it wouldn't be too much to ask for a second version that's a bit higher up.
  • spiderdude4spiderdude4 Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Absolutely love this set so far, now just need a Bio-Armor and I'd be complete :tongue:

In all seriousness, love the design. However I'd rather see two more things.

A: The Spider Legs are either positioned on the upper back, or a separate version could be made of the new location. It would also be wise to place it a tad closer to the back, so it fits the armor.

B: Would it be an issue if these scaled to the Wing sliders? As some of these already act like "wings"

Other then that, no issues. Awesome job guys! :cool:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Hope1 ingame. PRIMUS Database Characters
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    As far as weapon suggestions, I'm wondering if it would be feasible to sell new textures. Like, if buying this back opened up telekinetic weapons and a few melee weapons from various sets to have these new textures.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Oh, wow. This costume set is beautiful. And the ninja mask! :biggrin:

This is the first gold vendor piece that I'm truly excited about. I've wanted this mask for ages. I just wish that there were versions of both styles that covered the entire top of the head instead of just the eyes, like for Zorro or the Dread Pirate Roberts.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

• morigosamorigosa Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bug
    None of the psionic dragon head accessories are available under Monstrous, Bestial, Insect, or Huge Alien Helmet categories.
    In addition, on males, they are also unavailable under Huge Humanoid Helmets and Huge Rigid Helmets.
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bug: The "Ra" Pattern is tied to skin color. There is currently an unused 4th color block for the Jackal Head. I would suggest using that to color in the detail instead of BODY COLOR.
  • kriss94kriss94 Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    zamuelpwe wrote: »
    As far as weapon suggestions, I'm wondering if it would be feasible to sell new textures. Like, if buying this back opened up telekinetic weapons and a few melee weapons from various sets to have these new textures.

No real reason they shouldn't be able to sell new textures or pattern for already existent weapons, no -which brings me to another thing. To totally need "Material" options for weapons!!
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Bug: Jackel Ra has no glow choice. Spider legs too far away from body and on female is on the butt.

Room hideouts are still blocked behind a wall and can't be accessed
    Psi.
    edited July 2014
    tdits wrote: »
    oh, Wow. This Costume Set Is Beautiful. And The Ninja Mask! :biggrin:

This Is The First Gold Vendor Piece That I'm Truly Excited About. I've Wanted This Mask For Ages. I Just Wish That There Were versions Of Both Styles That Covered The Entire Top Of The Head Instead Of Just The Eyes, Like For Zorro Or The Dread Pirate Roberts.

Pleeeeeaaaaasssse! For the love of Thor, please!
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • vampirialvampirial Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Pleeeeeaaaaasssse! For the love of Thor, please!

There's already a costume piece like that in the form of the Cheshire Cat partial mask from "grab the money and run"
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    But it's missing the back knot.
    And i do like the new mask.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited July 2014
    vampirial wrote: »
    There's already a costume piece like that in the form of the Cheshire Cat partial mask from "grab the money and run"
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    But it's missing the back knot.
    And i do like the new mask.

Exactly....the cheshire mask is no substitute.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Would it be possible to make the back knot accessible without a mask?

That would help with this issue, provided of course thatbit lines up with the Cheshire mask.
    edited July 2014
    Okay *deep beath* after originally being psyched about the new Ninja Mask I have to say that it could do with being looked at again.

I get the reference behind it (a certain group of adolescent shellbacks) and I understand that those guys don't have any hair, but any player who thinks that this mask is gonna work on a toon of theirs that has short hair is gonna be dissapointed. Simply because this mask goes under the hair :-(

screenshot_2014-07-25-21-14-21.jpg
    screenshot_2014-07-25-21-14-35.jpg

Is there any way that you guys could make it like the large blindfold that goes over the hair?
    Like this(but with the long dangly bit).....

screenshot_2014-07-25-21-15-54.jpg

screenshot_2014-07-25-21-16-01.jpg

I would appreciate it if you guys could look at this.

So, simply put....

BUG: Ninja Mask goes under the hair
    WHEN: when using Ninja Mask and any hair
    zrdRBy8.png
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    actually that's correct, barring a crewcut(or really tight curly hair), the hair works out from under it and falls across the band.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg