test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Competition-Gender Swapped Character

themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
So, with the unveiling of the new female Thor by Marvel I thought it might be fun for us to make gender-swapped versions of our toons. Hell, I'll even throw in a prize for the best three.

First wins 10 Comic Keys
Second wins 5 Cosmic Keys
Third wins 3 Cosmic Keys

I'll dig around in my inventories and find some nice stuff to add to these prizes too :biggrin:

Here are the rules guys (which I will be pretty strict on, sorry)......

1) Each post must have a tailor screenshot of the original toon and a tailor screenshot of their gender-swapped counterpart, along with their names (if you want to post costume files instead of tailor screenshots then feel free, but the details are harder to see on them).

2) Only one toon and their gender-swapped counterpart for each post

3) You can make more than one post.

4) You must include a simple justification for the gender-swapped counterpart e.g. Sibling/parallel universe/clone/etc. Please don't make this part too long or convoluted.

5) Include your @handle

6) Last date for posting is the 8th of August (three weeks from today).

I'll do the first post to give you all an example of what I am looking for.

And please, if you want to talk about whether the new female Thor is a good or bad idea, there is already a thread for that. Please do so there..................

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=281041

Okay, with all that said let's get started !!!
zrdRBy8.png
Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    In an alternate universe the Roman Goddess Minerva gave birth to a baby boy, not a girl......................thus was created BRITANNICUS! (@milenniumguardian)

My original toon, Britannia.

screenshot_2014-07-08-16-03-42.jpg

And Britannicus.

screenshot_2014-07-18-18-06-45.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    been there, done that
    the Smurfer Dude and the Smurfer Dudette
    Costume_CloudsatDawn_SmurferDude_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_400392001_zps60bf606a.jpg
    Costume_CloudsatDawn_SmurferDudette_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_457010626_zps9e3959a2.jpg
    Reason:
    Smurfers come in both sexes
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited July 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    been there, done that
    the Smurfer Dude and the Smurfer Dudette

Thanks for posting....just one little thing...............
    1) Each post must have a tailor screenshot of the original toon and a tailor screenshot of their gender-swapped counterpart, along with their names.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The Finnish, in all his glory! And still @FlyingFinn
    7e622c47-7a62-4a5a-ae3e-17827fe693f2_zps72fcabcf.jpg

Lady Finland(...yea, couldn't figure a better name) His sister/cousin/relative from the future.
    707096df-5a14-4d51-8187-d4974f014074_zps8e96008f.jpg
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited July 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    The Finnish, in all his glory!
    Lady Finland
    Jericho Bedlam. Cybernetic cowboy.
    And, Jerilyn(i made up that name in 2 seconds...) Bedlam.

Rule 2, man.
    2) Only one toon and their gender-swapped counterpart for each post
    zrdRBy8.png
  • thistleswift1thistleswift1 Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Penelope Quinn, better known as Piffle, was recently reunited with her long lost older brother Peter, who is also a superhero who goes by Poppycock. It seems that although they just recently met, they share a common interest in costuming. Here they are dressed up in gypsy regalia. (characters by @Nimashet)

Piffle_Gypsy_001.jpg
    Penelope Quinn, a.k.a. Piffle

Poppycock_Gypsy_001.jpg
    Peter Quinn, a.k.a. Poppycock
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Turando's daughter from the future has gone back in time in order to prevent a devastating apocalypse. Dawn is a telepath outfitted with her father's old pistols, Gauntlets modified to project medical nanites, and her deceptive wits. More about her in-game by @DZPlayer122.

Turando
    240yfqc.jpg

Dawn
    2jcj3o0.jpg
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Blue Willow
    -
    BlueWillow-female-001.jpg
    -
    And her male counter part...

Blu Willow
    -
    BlueWillow-male-001.jpg
    -
    The Male/Female lovers from the Blue Willow china pattern mythology, come to life.

As the story goes, the star-crossed lover were forced to flee their village. Into the mountains they fled, and once there the goddess of the mountain winds took pity on them as they lay freezing, near-to-death, with their love their only comfort. The goddess chose to imbued them, each, with a bit of her power, so that they, and their love, could survive.

She, a Squall, and he, a Tempest, have now returned to the world to protect any who love from the injustice and tyranny. They look very much the same due to there transformation as servants of The Wind Goddess of the Mountain.
    -
    Is that too much detail. I can lose the middle paragraph, i think.

Oh, yeah. @zedbrightlander
    -
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    @Kaiserin

The Kaiserin
    kaiserin_co.jpg

--

Kais is a shapeshifter, she just decided to use a male shell or something. We shall call him Kaiser.
    kaiser_co.jpg
    edited July 2014
    Is that too much detail. I can lose the middle paragraph, i think.

Nah, s'all good mate :smile:
    zrdRBy8.png
  • summerfields#1113 summerfields Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Interesting contest, Zenith. Thought I might as well try!

Female Fantomask
    igaypj.jpg

Male, bulky Fantomask
    24grcrs.jpg

Male Union Jackal
    ri9iqo.jpg

Female Union Jackal (or Union Jackie in this case!)
    ru8akw.jpg
    [ @Skaargoroth in-game / @summerfields on the Forums ]
    Current character roaster: The Iconica, Lady Mythica, Black Jackal, Omni-Woman, Fantomask
    Currently waiting for: Moar comics! And maybe City of Titans, too. Hopefully!
    edited July 2014
    Here we have Piffle and Poppycock again, long lost siblings making up for lost time together by taking a walk in the park during a light snowfall. As we can see, Poppycock does not think highly of Piffle's choice of attire. "The coat is fine, but this skirt ... <sigh!>" (Characters by @Nimashet)

Piffle_Winter_001.jpg
    Piffle

Poppycock_Winter_001.jpg
    Poppycock
  • bellatorrexbellatorrex Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This here is Brick Mahallans, The Star Warden! Though he isn't the only one, there are many others in our sector...

heaCwsw.jpg?1

But Brick isn't the only one of his kind to join their ranks! A female of his species named Ruby Blaze (Original last name was Dexel... she hated it) has joined the Star Wardens in hopes of being Brick's partner... in more ways than one! (She was born under similar conditions like him, so they are only children that are bigger than normal of their species.) She'd prefer it if you just call her the Star Ranger though... just to differentiate her from her man... I mean lover.. I mean partner!

(Design won't be quite the same because females don't have all the same parts, namely the turbine and while they have those shoulders they are under scalloped with no other version.)

Lcm6Ch7.jpg?1
    (Technically this one is in the character creator. I didn't have any female toons to make this easier on myself.)

@Kurobasa
    Already did it, some time ago:

The easiest and the most simple story ever:
    They guy on the left is the Warmage. The girl is his former student and sidekick. Since he's semi-retired, now it's her turn.
    The girl's named the Magician. Obviously, can't have two characters with exactly the same name on the same account.

Of course there's a lot of differences. Height, ethnicity...
    (@Mee_da_CThunist)

dz9n2u.jpg
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    To cut a few steps from this activity:

Open the chat window in the tailor.

Type /costumecreator.setskeleton female (or use male if already female)

Save, then load on a character that is really that gender. Apply finishing touches and submit. \o/
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Jericho Bedlam. Cybernetic cowboy.
    9433d535-0a94-41b8-8196-95add341a36b_zps8d4c805c.jpg

And, Jerilyn(i made up that name in 2 seconds...) Bedlam. From Switcharoo universe.
    35b94eaa-17f6-446c-848b-c5e64bebeac4_zps08cad0c3.jpg
    I'm not sure about her boots thou...

I'm sorry for breaking the Rule#2. I posted hastily, left even more hastily and forgot to make separate posts.
    *You know I'm bad, I'm bad come on, you know
    And the whole world has to
    Answer right now
    Just to tell you once again
    Who's bad

/hat tip to Brou
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited July 2014
    (Design won't be quite the same because females don't have all the same parts, namely the turbine and while they have those shoulders they are under scalloped with no other version.)

Don't worry about that man, they don't have to have exactly the same costume parts to be valid.......for example

spiderman.jpg

and

spiderwoman.jpg

A lot of differences here, but still counterparts.

In fact, that makes them a lot more interesting, clever and fun to look at

flyingfinn wrote: »
    I'm sorry for breaking the Rule#2. I posted hastily, left even more hastily and forgot to make separate posts.
    *You know I'm bad, I'm bad come on, you know
    And the whole world has to
    Answer right now
    Just to tell you once again
    Who's bad

Heh...no worries man.
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited July 2014
    *techy cheats*

Just to clarify, I wouldn't recommend this if you want to be in the top three winners.

Thanks for that info anyway man, handy to know :smile:
    zrdRBy8.png
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just to clarify, do toons that have twin sisters count? My main (*points to avatar*) Has a twin sister so already have a toon that already looks like him except I'll just have to swap in his outfit onto her. As in since they are already created can still compete or have to start from scratch?

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Nisses.jpg

1.) Nisroc & Nisroxie
    2.) CHECK
    3.) ooooooh! i can make more genderbent!
    4.) Nisroc was sent to purgatory and was resurrected into a new
    5.) @esalmighty
    6.) CHECK
  • lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    *That sinking feeling when you realize all your toons are a bunch of shirtless (and sometimes pantless) dudes.*

:eek:
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
    edited July 2014
    drgmstr wrote: »
    Just to clarify, do toons that have twin sisters count?

From the OP......
    4) You must include a simple justification for the gender-swapped counterpart e.g. Sibling/parallel universe/clone/etc. Please don't make this part too long or convoluted.

So yup, twin-sister is fine. I also don't mind if the gender-swapped counterpart is an already established character of yours.
    lestylo wrote: »
    *That sinking feeling when you realize all your toons are a bunch of shirtless (and sometimes pantless) dudes.*

:eek:

They don't have to look exactly the same, except for gender, to be counterparts...see post#19.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    @Bluegrass_Beast

Dr.Celeste Starr]

Looks like Glenn Danzig
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Absolutelyflawless_zps0ee3958a.png
    Miss Behavin - Miss Behavin Stunt Double

Even pranksters like Miss Behavin need a break from running from pissed off supers and oversensitive Club Caprice dwellers. For that, she has her stunt double.

You have no idea how hard it is to find someone that can actually fit into your outfit. Edit: Added the goggles in post.

@Kemba
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    For those of you who have not seen Mentella's Multifarian counterpart... MANTELLO:

GenderBentMentella_zps89a2b530.jpg

As powerful as Mentella's mind is, he matches her with his pure physical strength. Here you have it, the ultimates in Mind and Matter, side by side! :biggrin:

Mantello is basically a parallel universe Mentella, if you will. All in good fun, I laughed so hard when I first saw him xD

Enjoy :wink:

My handle is @ravenforce
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Here is my entry.

Out of all my toons, I enjoyed this one the most. I guess I just like the Dr. Who style outfit :biggrin:

Mordecai and his gender swapped alternate dimension counterpart, Moriah.

b3x7xt.jpg

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
    edited July 2014
    For those of you who have not seen Mentella's Multifarian counterpart... [

1) Each post must have a tailor screenshot of the original toon and a tailor screenshot of their gender-swapped counterpart, along with their names.
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited July 2014
    xcaligax wrote: »
    *images*

oh, and....

5) Include your @handle
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited July 2014

Aside from the request is there a specific reason for a tailor shot?

Just seems like a strange request since the pictures have already been provided.
    edited July 2014
    Aside from the request is there a specific reason for a tailor shot?

Just seems like a strange request since the pictures have already been provided.

Sorry Raven, they're the rules that I posted in the OP and that I'm holding everyone to.

Also, that male version of your character that you posted is another person's toon, isn't it?
    zrdRBy8.png
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Now I wish I had a spare character slot - I could do Electrocutie and her parallel-dimension counterpart, Electrocution (he's a Bad Guy).
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    edited July 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Now I wish I had a spare character slot - I could do Electrocutie and her parallel-dimension counterpart, Electrocution (he's a Bad Guy).

You don't need a spare one Jon....just a tailor screenie of her counterpart will do.
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited July 2014
    You don't need a spare one Jon....just a tailor screenie of her counterpart will do.
    You know, you've got a point. Give me a few. :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

edited July 2014
    Sorry Raven, they're the rules that I posted in the OP and that I'm holding everyone to.

Also, that male version of your character that you posted is another person's toon, isn't it?

No problem, I'll remove my pictures until I can get a shot of both in tailor.
    edited July 2014
    Looks like Piffle and Poppycock are at it again! Piffle got a bit spot on a kids show as a kitty-girl. When they said they needed a wolf-guy, Penelope said she knew just the right mutt! (Characters by @Nimashet)

Piffle_Kittygirl_001.jpg
    Piffle as Kutie Kitty

Poppycock_Wolfguy_001.jpg
    Poppycock as Wascally Wolf
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited July 2014
    This one was actually made as a nemesis costume.
    There are only few small differences, since both machines are made by the same scientist with the same base design and even some parts being mass-produced.
    Razorwing was built with the same abilities like Deathlark, except this time with male and psychopathic brain and without weaknesses like altruism or compassion.
    And with mandatory red villainous optics.

154ygjc.jpg
    edited July 2014
    The heroic Electrocutie!
    ElectrocutieTailor_zps4dfc307f.png

And her villainous counterpart from the Mirror Universe, the evil Electrocution!
    Electrocution_zpse2893398.png

• tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Rule%2063%201.png?psid=1

Rule%2063%202.png?psid=1

Rule%2063%203.png?psid=1

Handle: @not1stepbackwards

Special Thanks: Brou@Brou, for letting me shoot part of this story at his Penthouse Hideout
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • rubberlimbsrubberlimbs Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hierophant_by_the_3dg-d7r8zh7.png
    Hierophant was doing his normal daily magic practice when he decided he should try some transformation magic. Y'know, in case he ever may need to transform into someone or something. Well, he wanted to transform into a cat, but he ended up turning himself into a girl, into Hierophantess.
    hierophantess_by_the_3dg-d7r8zh0.png
    @rubberlimbs (ugh i hate my handle ; - ;)
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Here's mine.

offender-repeatoffender.jpg

Offender - Repeat Offender
    Offender and the copycat vigilante who chose the wrong role model, Repeat Offender.

@smackwell
    biffsig.jpg
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    gxanVcX.png
    Here is Chisoku! Former Computer Science undergraduate, converted forcefully into a Cyborg Warrior.

The villain group that turned Chisoku into what he is today is the Ayus Clan, a corporation that made its profit by making 'robots' - which were actually drugged, brainwashed cyborgs. After repeated failures and huge losses in profits, they decided to craft a new cyborg assassin - one that would match the skills and appearance of Chisoku. Only problem, they couldn't get another 21 year old male Japanese-American to fill in the gap.

qJk0nDe.png
    So the simulacrum assassin to Chisoku is known coloquially as Jinsoku! On off-time, she's used as a novelty tourguide/entertainer for the city, and for Ayus' profit. When fighting, however, she is a silent, lightning-fast hand-to-hand combattant. Much like her inspiring design.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Baastion,

Nx6spsx.jpg

and her Multifarian counterpart, Maahester.

so67G2v.jpg

@thatcursedwolf
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    To an artificial intelligence, gender is a hardware function: You are what you're installed into. Racks full of blade servers and storage arrays are effectively genderless, until you give the AI that resides there a name, or a voice, or a visible presence.

That's not to say an AI can't or won't develop an affinity for a gender. Familiarity, social acceptance, emotional attraction...

Si2GenderBender.jpg?psid=1

Or maybe they were just born that way, as Moira Mullins a.k.a. Sister Silicon Prime@KWRussell was. :wink: A feminist like her would be offended that she needed a male body for anything. A transhumanist like her might just do it for experience, though.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
    edited July 2014
    So it seems that Piffle got lost in ancient Egypt when she was helping Juryrig cleanout his lab for some extra cash. Poppycock of course went to save his recently found sister. It should be to no one's suprise that when he got there, she was being waited on hand and foot by the natives and wanted to stay a while. (Characters by @Nimashet)

Piffle_Egyptian_001.jpg
    Piffle (note her cute wig!)

Poppycock_Egyptian.jpg
    Poppycock (had no time to find a cute wig in his hurry to 'save' his sister)
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If only swapping ones gender was as easy as this in RL I could have saved myself ten grand ._.

Will be interesting to see what players come up with would have loved to see a female Xeno :D
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    In the beginning, there was Satchmo

Then, Satchmo made machine, in his own likeness.

gxxy4lP.jpg

Then the machine wanted to feel pretty. And maybe make a few people go "lolwut." Thus, Satchmona was born.

W2Qwf0k.jpg

ಠ_ಠ

@luesatchmo402

two lines of plain text
    the best kind of signature