test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lvl 40= No more Help a Citizen missions for you?

foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Champions Online Discussion
Is there a reason why we stop getting Help a Citizen missions at lvl 40? The game's content is already insufficient enough as to take away one of the only two things to do here at lvl 40 and remove the only reason we could possibly have not to be crowding RenCen twiddling our thumbs.
Post edited by foxyperson on

Comments

• gemini2099gemini2099 Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It would be awesome if help citizen missions were available at level 40.

What I do is kill gray NPC's and sometimes that triggers a mission haha.
    Gemini - Lvl 4x - Soldier
    Omicron - Lvl 4x - Mind
    Emerald Myst - Lvl 2x - Claws/Fighting Hybrid
    Epsilon - Lvl 2x - Blade
    Asterius - Lvl 1x - Electric/Void Hybrid

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Those stop at lvl 25 i believe.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Those stop at lvl 25 i believe.

No, there's similar missions in other zones. Canada, for instance, though they seem to peter out at around level 30 or so.
  • foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    At lvl 40 you won't get any even from Vibora Bay.

It shouldn't be too hard to let us keep getting them.
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Help a citizen missions max out at level 27 or so I believe...so getting them at lvl 30 isn't out of the question...but at lvl 40 not so much.
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Long as those pesky citizens don't push me out of range of the tailor, I'll gladly help them out.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd prefer it if those citizen missions gave resources instead of XP at level 40.

I have no use for XP at level 40.

Even a few gold per mission would make it worth the time.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Be one of the few times I suggest an idea, I would prefer to get radio missions and maybe something like mayhem/safeguard for Champions if that was the case. Well mayhems were always better. So yea.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited July 2014
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    I'd prefer it if those citizen missions gave resources instead of XP at level 40.

I have no use for XP at level 40.

Even a few gold per mission would make it worth the time.

Yeah, aside from the apparently long-ago scrapped level cap increase, I see no reason for level 40 missions to give XP.
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, aside from the apparently long-ago scrapped level cap increase, I see no reason for level 40 missions to give XP.

I doubt the level increase idea is scrapped.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The concept of radio missions, such as the one in the tutorial that was there to teach about interacting with things in the game to trigger hidden missions, was removed. The idea was probably removed too. If they put this back in and incorporate Help A Citizen missions to max level, I can see it being applied to component cases.
  • lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I doubt the level increase idea is scrapped.

Here I have to disagree. Absent new content, what would be the point? We are op in the context of pve big time. Why increase the level ?
    edited July 2014
    Here I have to disagree. Absent new content, what would be the point? We are op in the context of pve big time. Why increase the level ?

If our levels increase so do the mobs and thus they gain more power to to compensate. It would be the quickest and easiest way to rebalance the game as well.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited July 2014
    IN WHAT WAY SHOULD THE PLAYERS ADVANCE
    Essentially, giving us a new level of ability (and it doesn't need to be a level cap increase, but shouldn't be gear related) they could rebalance powers and game play based on the newly applied system.

A.) MORE LEVELS?
    However, a level cap increase would be best for this kind of change so players would have time to get used to the new powers, farm the newer higher level gear, and then apply that new cap. Though this would make On Alert entirely pointless.

B.) OR MAYBE ASTHETIC CUSTOMIZATION?
    What we need is aesthetic advancement. Not powers or new gear. But style applied to our characters beyond the level cap. Enough aesthetic customization and vast set of dramatically different advantages that make our characters stand out. And tons of it immediately at launch.

MORE POWER OR CHANGE REQUIRES SOMETHING NEW TO DO IT IN

Regardless of either of these, the advancement needs to be introduced with a whole bunch of new content from the get go. Enough to make the game feel like a new one. Enough to make a whole game leading up to 40 a mere playground. An amount that would double the world's size.

Cryptic has made leveling to 40 such a quick process that everything the game has to offer now is merely a side show. The next step from these changes would be to introduce the next level of Champions. A whole setting (with hub zone) on top from what is available now.

MILLENNIUM CITY IS A MESS OF CODE - WHY A NEW HUB
    Imagine how much easier it would be to add content to the game if a new hub was made where the dev team can make a ZONE from scratch not tied to the mess that is Millennium City.

Most of the reasons why we can't have many new things is because the way the zones are set up and coded that breaks the whole game every time. A new HUB and fresh zones that players can advance to beyond Millennium City will allow the dev team to advance the game beyond the next level.

SUMMARY
    We need further advancement of our characters or a strong rebalance.

We need tons of content to keep us interested off the bat for this new advancement.

A new HUB where the devs can start fresh with zone coding to make adding new content easy without breaking the game every step of the way.

They'll keep the old zones, but all the new content will be part of beyond 40 separate from the old (leveling to 40 is easy that anyone can get to this major part of the game fast). Let the Champions game ascend to a galactic level.
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I like Help a Citizen missions, and anything that keeps content available at 40 is a good thing. So i agree, let us keep these indefinitely.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited July 2014

You can do missions above your own level.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    xydaxyda wrote: »
    Help a citizen missions max out at level 27 or so I believe...so getting them at lvl 30 isn't out of the question...but at lvl 40 not so much.

Level 28, and you stop getting them at level 30 and there are no missions given to you at level 16.

Unity missions are like Help a Citizen missions but long and boring, especially without some obvious rewarding goal like XP and leveling.
    edited July 2014
    If our levels increase so do the mobs and thus they gain more power to to compensate. It would be the quickest and easiest way to rebalance the game as well.

With what content?
    edited July 2014
    With what content?

You act like a level increase would be alone and nothing else would come with it.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited July 2014
    You act like a level increase would be alone and nothing else would come with it.

Then a level increase will never happen because they just don't have any resources to give us an update that big.
    edited July 2014
    Then a level increase will never happen because they just don't have any resources to give us an update that big.

I am glad we have such optimists such as you who also have such foresight or wherewithal to know exactly and see exactly what Cryptic is doing to claim they are doing nothing of the sort. While evidence demonstrates otherwise, and Trendy says that there is something being worked on, I am so glad we have someone like you who actually can look over every devs shoulder to find out for sure.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Something new and at least semi substantial is in the works, I am highly confident of that. I am also fairly certain half of you will hate it. Either because it is not enough, or because it changes some thing you didn't want to be changed.
    edited July 2014
    I am glad we have such optimists such as you who also have such foresight or wherewithal to know exactly and see exactly what Cryptic is doing to claim they are doing nothing of the sort. While evidence demonstrates otherwise, and Trendy says that there is something being worked on, I am so glad we have someone like you who actually can look over every devs shoulder to find out for sure.

Chances are very likely that it's yet another temporary event that'll last about a month but only offer 15 minutes of content spaced out over several weeks, and a lockbox with a new vehicle. I don't need to spy on the Cryptic North offices to guess what's next, I can extrapolate conclusions based on past behaviors and comments on resources made by the devs.
    edited July 2014
    A five level increase alone was part of a 3 mini zone package (different neighborhoods). Another five for the moon. Destroyers Isle as another mini zone.
    edited July 2014
    A five level increase alone was part of a 3 mini zone package (different neighborhoods). Another five for the moon. Destroyers Isle as another mini zone.

Yeah, weren't those on the tentative part of the list with nothing set in stone? Yeah... that might very well have been scrapped.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    drgmstr wrote: »
    Long as those pesky citizens don't push me out of range of the tailor, I'll gladly help them out.

Yup. You need a flyer. It's the only way to avoid them. Unless you use one of the Skill Trainers. No citizens wander about up there.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yup. You need a flyer. It's the only way to avoid them. Unless you use one of the Skill Trainers. No citizens wander about up there.

Just get a free Hideout from arc, if you don't have one already, and use the hideout tailor. The only thing the rencen tailors are good for now is the yardstick on the wall.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

edited July 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    well here's the issue with that. content which is balanced to be played by the most players possible is a better idea than content which is level tied in general.

you increase the number of levels, you increase the difference between lower level, and higher level players.

Keeping the level number the same, and adding new systems similar to STO rep and doff xp systems would allow for some character progression without the same amount of balance change which comes with actual level cap increasing.

That argument would hold water if the difference wouldn't be miniscule not to mention what holds most players back from leveling up is themselves, considering it's been proven to only take a week at most to max level any character. Dumbing down content for the lowest common denominator hasn't helped this game, and keeping newer content aimed at end game away because of said players has only cost us players, not gained us.

if you want to face the Justice League/Avenger's level content, then you best get your butt on that level.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited July 2014
    If the help citizens missions were available at level cap I would become a gold member.

That is how enjoyable I find them.
    Omicron - Lvl 4x - Mind
    Epsilon - Lvl 2x - Blade

• nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I run the demonflame warehouse over and over at Q story hour these days, its like a help a citizen mission : beat x mobs, get reward, get out, que Alert, try to repeat the map before the Alert pops.

With double XP and maybe a grab boost, during XP story hour, I think it was 40K xp per run.

I didn't do the math for story Q hour.

I thought this was an obvious grind that everyone was doing,

If demonic temples or bizarre dimension are more your thing you can run those parts of Demonflame like a Help a Citizen mission, if you have a team teleport and can pull people into the specific parts of the mission that you want to play.

In teams more mobs appear in these things automatically, without having to change the difficulty setting like in Help a Citizen Missions. In those, the settings + difficulty increases mobs to a crazy rate, and its just a big pile of more mobs,

The missions leading to Vibora Bay Apocalypse are also like Help a Citizen missions, if you don't beat the boss and get the crystal thingy, or the bags of loot, you can just exit and repeat at leisure, drop in with friends anytime. Do your little RP thing that you do.

You don't need to complete missions for XP now, so you can just run missions for the fun of it and whatever loot might be inside, get to point X , a boss, an object to diddle with, whatever, and ignore that and leave the map.

Help a Hero, with a journal full of missions.

If you have a mission from a contact, you can enter missions and drop the mission inside and get all your hero action on. Complete the task, exit, pick up the mission, repeat.

What we need is an open journal with access to everything at level 40.

Or for fee maybe. I'd buy an unlimited journal item I could pass around to my characters.

How about...

Master of All Mayhem Item, a key to every map and the power to spawn mobs, that team mates can fight against for xp and loot. I'm pretty sure this is the fourth summer that I've requested this. Happy Anniversary Cryptic, thanks for all the things.
    edited July 2014
    I run the demonflame warehouse over and over at Q story hour these days, its like a help a citizen mission : beat x mobs, get reward, get out, que Alert, try to repeat the map before the Alert pops.

I will try that.
    Omicron - Lvl 4x - Mind
    Epsilon - Lvl 2x - Blade

• foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't know whether we'll get anything else in the future (I'm not holding my breath), but would it kill Cryptic to let us keep getting Help a Citizen missions at lvl 40 so we have something else to do?