test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is the Q exchanged being fiddled with :<

nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
I seen a lot of people say stuff like this of late
arimikami wrote: »
You're not imagining things. Someone's been trying pretty hard to jack up the exchange rate. I'm not complaining about it since it's not too much trouble to just stock pile Q until the rate drops down again but, it definitely happens.

Now I have noticed the Q exchange prices have been pretty dumb of late but can people actualy screw with it and if so what are Cryptic going to do to stop this :I

Big shout out to arimikami for informing us all of course ^__^
nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's encountering what investors call "resistance".

After a long period of >350Q exchange rates, Q has finally fallen close to 300, and that's the best rate it will get for a while, especially because a new lockbox is on the horizon. So the people who farmed and were holding on to their Q waiting for a good rate are starting to dump. The people with Z who bought Q at 400+ rates are dumping their Q too.

Isn't it amazing how playing an MMORPG can teach investment concepts? :biggrin:
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So along with Selphea's point on investment tactics

just as people selling Q want the most for their Q,
    so do the people selling zen. .

They know its a sellers market, so all they have to do is NOT put zen on the market.

People will continue grinding Q to get their 'free' zen,thinking that there is a limitless supply available.

There's a lockbox on the PTS with new costumes, so people will need zen for keys. Either to open boxes or to trade with.
    NW seems to have run into the problem, that since their AH runs on AD, as well as the zen exchange. People are buying items and selling those on the AH, rather than getting AD on the exchange with it's 500Q exchange rate limit.
    Again, it's a sellers market.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm long the August Q futures contract @ 300 and am hedging with an iron condor Zen options strategy.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • Options
    alexandrafreyaalexandrafreya Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Darnit Nepht, Your ruining my master plan! :P

Ahem...sorry bad joke there...

Honestly I haven't noticed much....but to be fair lately I've been getting less and less zen....Vehicles are not really my thing and that alone drops the amount of zen I do need...I am very lazy though I tend to buy Zen novv and then for Vigil gear and such.

Usually I just go vvith the best price already there for ether vvay...I've got a bad business sense and I am really quite ok vvith that, trading isn't really my thing ether :P

I'v never kept track of rates myself...ermm...but I think it used to be around the lovver 200s at one point?....maybe I don't remember right...but that vvas like a year ago novv...it seems odd to me that prices vvould change much in CO....Q as gotten alittle more difficult to farm these days I vvould have thought that vvould make prices drop...but...guess not.

Anyvvay I do hope they do drop again :)

Alexandra.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Just remember that the Exchange is PLAYER controlled, the only buyers and sellers are players.

If some people have shown that they are using their brains to invest and work the exchange to their benefit, good on them.

The ones complaining the price is too high,
    the exchange gives you a CHANCE at trading for free zen. It is not a guarantee nor does it guarantee a cheap price.
    Every lockbox and popular sale is going to spike it up.
    me, I only sell little bits left over from buying stuff.

The only group which would benefit from the rate staying high is cryptic/pwe, due to possibly getting more zen sales . Which leads to a problem with getting them to investigate.
    Q rate is unlikely to drop much unless all the exploit farmed Q is removed from the economy(as in spent at the Q store), until it does there is still an oversupply of Q.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    chaelk wrote: »

The only group which would benefit from the rate staying high is cryptic/pwe, due to possibly getting more zen sales . Which leads to a problem with getting them to investigate.

Right that makes me even more paranoid O_o

h8FFC3ED1
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Why would Cryptic investigate? They already set a maximum price that they believe is appropriate, meaning that it's impossible for there ever to be anything for them to investigate. Even if the price of Zen maxes out and stays there permanently, it's still at a price that Cryptic has deemed acceptable.

They would only need to investigate if someone found a way to convert Q to Zen outside of the set price ranges. If players think there's something wrong with the price, then what they would need to do is petition Cryptic to narrow the price range. If you ask them to investigate, they'll do so and then say "Nothing unusual going on, just people using the system as intended."

If you feel that you need to pay too many play hours to get your Zen off the exchange, feel free to buy it using work hours instead u3u
  • Options
    arimikamiarimikami Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes, there's someone going out of their way to inflate the exchange rate beyond the simple amount caused by supply and demand. It's been going on since right after they announced the nerf to some quests that rewarded Q.

If you watch the exchange enough, you'll see a pattern that keeps repeating. It's not just the normal fluctuations you see but, a pattern in the offers to buy zen that's so specific that it's impossible to deny that it's happening once you see it a couple times.

Every MMO has players where the whole point of the game to them is to see how much of the wealth they can amass. Now CO has someone doing it with the exchange that's better at it than others that have tried.

Cryptic can't really do anything about it since no rules are being broken. Watch the exchange and learn the pattern so you can take advantage of it.
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    there is more demand for zen than questionite. that is why the price is high. we have a smaller player-base, keep in mind all zen is either bought besides the stipend. the q store doesn't have that much useful things in it and players can still farm the first 2 bosses repeatable for 5 q boxes each in serpents lantern. so there is a huge reservoir of q while a low amount of zen.
    more things worth getting in the q store that the population doesnt have is whats needed.

things that could be put in the q store to make q exchange rates better
    1. legions gear
    2. weapon skins
    3. old grabbags or their rewards
    4. action figures no longer available DEVS&GMs sapphire,grond, etc
    5. r7 mods
    6. ATs
    7. previously unavailable costumes witchcraft brazaar , guardian helmet , etc
    8. happiness(not guarenteed )
  • Options
    edited July 2014

That's not actually accurate. The only people that are guaranteed to benefit from a high exchange rate are players with zen that want questionite and don't want to farm for it. Regardless of whether the exchange rate is high or low, it has both pros and cons to it from the perspective of Cryptic trying to make money.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    jasinblaze wrote: »
    I've been thinking they should put the old lockboxes up for sale. With the rates that those thing drop at, it makes no sense to have the current lockbox for sale for questionite since everyone gets more of them than they're going to unlock but, discontinued ones have things that players that weren't around for will want, like 4 slot gear, vehicles, and costume pieces. Putting those in the lockbox vendor would help syphon off excess questionite while possibly increasing the sales of keys at the same time which does seem to be one of their biggest money makers at the moment.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    That's not actually accurate. The only people that are guaranteed to benefit from a high exchange rate are players with zen that want questionite and don't want to farm for it. Regardless of whether the exchange rate is high or low, it has both pros and cons to it from the perspective of Cryptic trying to make money.

I get zen regularly, I buy it.(ah the joys of no social life.)
    I don't spend it on the exchange because quite frankly the Q store is rubbish.
    I have the costume sets.
    The mod prices were redundant at the start.
    Vehicles/vehicle mods- not interested,
    becomes- those are ones dorpped form boxes and which they tried to sell in the Z store.

The levelling gear is ok for those who like to stack ONLY their SS's. I don't.
    If the Mercenary gear was available at any level , I 'd get that. assuming it was 11k like the other levelling gear.

Just remember, the q farming exploits may have been shut down, (at least those ones) but that still means that all the people who were using those exploits have a large supply of Q with which to buy and sell zen. Until all the excess Q is out of the economy(spent ingame), you have rampant inflation

and people are looking for new ones to farm, like Lava cave

• Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    Now I have noticed the Q exchange prices have been pretty dumb of late but can people actually screw with it and if so what are Cryptic going to do to stop this :I

Trying to police a market does NOT work. Trust me on this. That's a stupid solution, and the tone of your post as I'm hearing it seems to indicates that's the direction you want to take this. Don't go there. Please. For the love of kittens. It's lose-lose.

So how DO you correct the market balance so the exchange rates are more stable and shifted more to the Questionite side (lower Q to 1 Zen ratio)?

Simple.
    1. More buyers & sellers involved in the exchange (makes it harder to manipulate do to the size fo the economy). This requires both advertising to new players and retainment of existing players. And you know what? BOTH Cryptic and the community have influence in this. Yes, you can affect this yourself.
    2. Get Cryptic to put more things of genuine value to players to put on the questionite side of things. This will cause the equilibrium to shift. The best things are those that you repeatedly buy, such as consumables, devices, and mods.
    3. Buy more Zen yourself. Lower the demand for exchange Zen by supplying yourself.

Jasinblaze had some good suggestions of things for the Auction House:

jasinblaze wrote: »
    1. legions gear
    2. weapon skins
    3. old grabbags or their rewards
    4. action figures no longer available DEVS&GMs sapphire,grond, etc
    5. r7 mods
    6. ATs
    7. previously unavailable costumes witchcraft brazaar , guardian helmet , etc
    8. happiness(not guarenteed )

selphea wrote: »
    It's encountering what investors call "resistance".

After a long period of >350Q exchange rates, Q has finally fallen close to 300, and that's the best rate it will get for a while, especially because a new lockbox is on the horizon. So the people who farmed and were holding on to their Q waiting for a good rate are starting to dump. The people with Z who bought Q at 400+ rates are dumping their Q too.

Isn't it amazing how playing an MMORPG can teach investment concepts? :biggrin:

That's fascinating, and sort of true. MMORPG's are micro-economies of a sort, but I really wish CO's economy was more sizable and filled with more new players... It would help a LOT.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    agentnx5 wrote: »

Get Cryptic to put more things of genuine value to players to put on the questionite side of things. This will cause the equilibrium to shift. The best things are those that you repeatedly buy, such as consumables, devices, and mods.

Well met Agent, you know what I wish there was more things of genuine value in the questionite store I can honestly say the stuff in the Q store is just so dull.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Since Nepht won't part with her Pugs.(just kidding)
    What about some pets too?
    we can swipe some from NW.

I like the little white chickens.
    The cats sit funny but are ok.
    Spiders- I know we have at least 1 person in game with serious arachnophobia, so no.

I'd pay for a pug(actually any puppy except chinese crested or mexican hairless) either black, brindle, the smudge faced ones. well they are cute. drool aura extra.

It doesn't have to have super powers, just a few commands. come, sit, fetch, play

• Options
    jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I like the little white chickens.

Link-Cucco.jpg

That's as far as I got in your statement. I think it would be hilarious to have attack chickens :P
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    jerax1011 wrote: »

That's as far as I got in your statement. I think it would be hilarious to have attack chickens :P

This needs to happen fast /o/
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Only if the chickens can attack people and I can summon 20 of them at once u3u
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    jerax1011 wrote: »
    Link-Cucco.jpg

ooh yes Bantams, perfect. Those are attack chickens, at least going on the <expletive deleted> ones I've come in contact with.

• Options
    lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Really nothing we can do (and yes Nephty it is being manipulated).

Prices early on were what....235-270 for 1 zen. Sometimes lower. Now it can shoot over 400 if there's a decent sale going.

So we are left with this:

Those with the most rl cash will rule the market. Try to be a good guy and reestablish equilbrium and watch your good will get chewed up and spit out. It's been bought low and will sell high because the person who just bought up your entire offer will wait for a sale and then blammo capitalize bigtime.

**edit I sound anti sale here. Been drinking. Don't care anymore.

edit 2-also agent x5 spelled it out better, I was ranting. Leaving it here so I can wake up log in and say to myself my god what did I do?!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have real life cash. Spending $10 a week to buy Zen is as much a deal to me as spending money on lunch out with friends or 2 drinks at a bar.

When I want Q, I spend 10 bucks, then cash in Z for Q when exchange price is high, encouraging it to go even further.

Not everyone wants to trade Q for Z. Plenty of us go the other way.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    prices early on was 100 for quite a while, people complained when it went to 150, then it got stuck at 150 for a while, then 190, then 250, then 300

• Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's like half you people never saw a public market in action before. It will do what it will do. It's not being "manipulated", it's simply being used.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    "But..the exchange rate isn't what I personally prefer it to be at this point in time, so it must be broken/manipulated!"

Well, to be honest, I really doubt the Q market is completely player-driven. I think PWE probably participates in the market somewhat, and that's where the major support/resistance levels are coming from. This is just speculation on my part though. It just seems like the volume of bids/offers (particularly when the Q exchange was first introduced) are unrealistic to just be from players, and there is a surprising lack of volatility compared to real-world markets that have much, much, much more participation.

At any rate, it is what it is. My advice: buy low/sell high.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i'll go dump my 2Mill Qs for 150Z and see what happens.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited July 2014
    Nothing can be really done, as it's all player-driven.
    Nothing short of putting more valuable things in Q-store can help.
    Manipulating Q-exchange by devs by policing it is not the best idea, it will only create more problems.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Look, there is a simple solution if you believe the prices are being manipulated...

Start a Daily Q to Z Exchange Report thread.

Every day, before you start playing, check the Zen for Questionite rate and post it. Do it every single day for a year and you will find a pattern. Or get a bunch of players to post each day with you. The more data gathered, the clearer the results will be.

Without actual data, everything anyone says they remember a recent rate to be, is just speculation.
    { shrugs } I'll take facts over vague memories and guesses, any day.

Outside of that, pick a number that you feel is a fair exchange for your gathering efforts, and only offer your Q for that value. Stick it up in the Exchange at that value and leave it there.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    There is no pattern.. you will just see that it goes up sometimes, down sometimes, and is stable sometimes. Economy, stuff. It d

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    the problem with establishing a pattern is that as soon as we know the pattern it will change.
    more good stuff in the q store is the best thing that could change. the reason q was so strong before is because everything in the store was nice and new
    the only things long time players buy in the q store are
    1. vigilante gear
    2. the 66000 q sets for new toons
    everything else most of us already have
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    There is no pattern.. you will just see that it goes up sometimes, down sometimes, and is stable sometimes. Economy, stuff. It d
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Actually, there has been one. As I said, it's very specific and, I'm not talking about patterns in fluctuations of the exchange rate but, patterns in specific offers to buy zen.

So, spell it out, then.

I honestly would like to know about this evidence, so I can form my own opinion. Refute it or support it.

But I can't really do that if you don't tell us exactly what this pattern is and how we can recognize it ourselves.
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    12:45. Restate my assumptions:

1: Mathematics is the language of nature.
    2: Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
    3: If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge.

Therefore, there are patterns everywhere in nature.

Evidence: The cycling of lockbox epidemics; the wax and wane of PvP populations; Rampage cycles; the rise and fall of the development staff.

So, what about the Questionite market? The universe of numbers that represents the global economy. Tens of hands at work, dozens of minds. A barely adequate network, screaming with life. An organism. A natural organism.

My hypothesis: Within the Questionite market, there is a pattern as well. Right in front of me. Hiding behind the numbers. Always has been.

12:50: Press Z.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've seen numbers purporting to trace a pattern between stock-market prices and the eleven-year sunspot cycle. The trick here is that our species evolved to look for patterns - it was the best way to spot predators hiding in the tall grass. So if you go looking for patterns anywhere, you're liable to find them, because it's what we're good at.

This does not require that the patterns actually exist, or be of any significance whatsoever...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    I've seen numbers purporting to trace a pattern between stock-market prices and the eleven-year sunspot cycle. The trick here is that our species evolved to look for patterns - it was the best way to spot predators hiding in the tall grass. So if you go looking for patterns anywhere, you're liable to find them, because it's what we're good at.

This does not require that the patterns actually exist, or be of any significance whatsoever...

There is a pattern somewhere that determines that Jon's post wins the internet.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Every day, before you start playing, check the Zen for Questionite rate and post it. Do it every single day for a year and you will find a pattern. Or get a bunch of players to post each day with you. The more data gathered, the clearer the results will be.

People who play the q market game aren't likely to share their information.

I have seen prices tank as much as 40pts in the space of a few minutes only to go right back to where they were in less than an hour. That's weird. Prices normally don't change anywhere near that much unless there's a sale or special event going on.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    jimhsuajimhsua Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sterga wrote: »
    People who play the q market game aren't likely to share their information.

I have seen prices tank as much as 40pts in the space of a few minutes only to go right back to where they were in less than an hour. That's weird. Prices normally don't change anywhere near that much unless there's a sale or special event going on.

If enough people believe a pattern exists, then it, ex vi termini, does. Self-fulfulling prophecy.

And sure, I play the questionite markets (though I'm way small-time, and have nothing to do w/ the recent fluctuations). I did dump a few K of zen or so at the 400s, though most all of that has been used/bought back. And in Eve online. And in real life.

As for the volatility - volatility is inversely proportional to liquidity. The Q markets are not exactly liquid (a "large" buy or sell wall for zen might be 5000, which is nothing to a serious Q trader (again, not me)).

PS While we're on
    I'm long the August Q futures contract @ 300 and am hedging with an iron condor Zen options strategy.

I anticipate the vega decay after the recent Q volatility might decrease the value of that contract. :p Oh yea, I'm also the guy that tried to implement the Black-Scholes equation into Skyrim. Yea, really.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    quasimojo1 wrote: »
    I don't think I've seen the Iron Condor around. Is he new?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    I don't think I've seen the Iron Condor around. Is he new?

He's kind of like Kenina and Frosticus (at least the short version of him); happy at the extremes, sad in the middle when nothing's going on.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    jimhsua wrote: »
    He's kind of like Kenina and Frosticus (at least the short version of him); happy at the extremes, sad in the middle when nothing's going on.

Cool, a fellow RL markets geek. I'm happy someone returned the secret handshake, so to speak.

• Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    Cleaned up some posts, thread was getting a tad too off topic.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    12:45. Restate my assumptions:

1: Mathematics is the language of nature.
    2: Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
    3: If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge.

Therefore, there are patterns everywhere in nature.

Evidence: The cycling of lockbox epidemics; the wax and wane of PvP populations; Rampage cycles; the rise and fall of the development staff.

So, what about the Questionite market? The universe of numbers that represents the global economy. Tens of hands at work, dozens of minds. A barely adequate network, screaming with life. An organism. A natural organism.

My hypothesis: Within the Questionite market, there is a pattern as well. Right in front of me. Hiding behind the numbers. Always has been.

12:50: Press Z.

So what you're saying is...

1387478058172.gif
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    not even that.

I don't like gear which is only your SS's, so i don't get Vigilante gear.Even the heirloom gear, I tend to only use only off/def.

The 11k gear I only sometimes get the off/def parts, depending on my stats.

I'd like the mercenary gear changed to match them because as Level 40 gear, it's rubbish.

so that the people who DON'T just pile on their 3 SS's can use them.

(change the name to something else to differentiate between the mercenary gear from lockboxes.)

You will have to mod them but you will get the secondary abilities which the other gear doesn't.eg. crit chance/severity/cd/cost discount/(can't remember the defense ones
    the others will have bonus damage/damage resistance, you have the normal bonuses.

depending on what you want to use, which gear you get.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    So since I was around for the King Sehken lockbox launch (the first time actually I was around for a day 1 lockbox launch), I decided to keep track of the markets.

Immediate things:
    - "WTB keys" spam in chat - checked AH and keys were flying off at the 110-130G levels. It eventually reached resistance at around 150G, a 36% move in a day. Advice to key sellers: don't take 100G as a fair price when selling keys on day 1.
    - King Sehken costume pieces offered for sale ... exponential decay
    - Q prices steadily rose (as in Q became less valuable) - from 300 to 400. More interestingly, the spreads were HUGE as both buy and sell orders dried up. Made 30% off my balance just by playing the spread. Big sellers began coming in at 400, and reversed the trend.
    - Safeguard catalysts ticked up slightly the following day (from 17 to 20G) on the Q/zen move.

All I can say is that the market was reasonably efficient, if a bit slow (several arb opportunities out there). I've also done small time arbing for EVE, so it's a matter of "you know it when you see it."

PS I did see some crazy people selling lockboxes for 50G. Word of advice: if you list it at a more reasonable price as I did, it will actually sell (because people are lazy).
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    Trying to police a market does NOT work. Trust me on this. That's a stupid solution, and the tone of your post as I'm hearing it seems to indicates that's the direction you want to take this. Don't go there. Please. For the love of kittens. It's lose-lose.

Artificial market sanctions are the quickest, easiest way to instantly create black markets. Literally an iron law of economics.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    jimhsua wrote: »
    Artificial market sanctions are the quickest, easiest way to instantly create black markets. Literally an iron law of economics.

I want a black market for questionite. Sanctions plz.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    this one from Neverwinter
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/6004453

bonuses for buying zen and transferring to NW.
    Which from a conversation I overheard in chat, is having a slight problem with their exchange.

People have worked out they can get a better exchange rate per zen by buying stuff and selling it on the AH.

Aren't we lucky our Auction House, DOESN'T work on Q because with our limited (legal)methods of getting Q. Imagine the results.
    as for the new bigger xp boosters, WHY?

• Options
    joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wait a minute. Just curious, but wouldn't those who buy zen to sell for questionite prefer to keep the market going higher?

You're spending money to get that ZEN, makes sense they'd want more for their money and worried less about those who need to play the game more to get more zen.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The big problem here and in NW, I believe, is that the stores for Questionite and Astral Diamonds has grown stale. The Zen shops have seen plenty of new items on the other hand. This means people want Zen more than Questionite/Astral Diamonds. There's other factors in play (especially on NW with how AD is used for the auction house), but this is the main crux of the problem. We need new stuff to purchase from the Q and AD stores.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    joybuzzerx wrote: »
    Wait a minute. Just curious, but wouldn't those who buy zen to sell for questionite prefer to keep the market going higher?

You're spending money to get that ZEN, makes sense they'd want more for their money and worried less about those who need to play the game more to get more zen.

yes, same as all those who want free zen, want the exchange rate lower.
    and the Q store is.. umm a waste of space here.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    joybuzzerx wrote: »

^ this.

I get my Zen by farming questionite and trading it. I'm okay with it if the people who buy the Zen with real money get more Questionite for their money. I'm paying for it with play hours, they're paying for it with work hours.

ps - people who get their Zen from a monthly stipend; if they didn't get their sub for free, then they also paid for their Z with work hours.