What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ACTION NEWS: "Live Producer" Dev Spotted in RenCen

tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
WG1.PNG?psid=1

WG2.PNG?psid=1

WG3.PNG?psid=1

Hi guys, just sharing something with you, in case you weren't there to see it first-hand.

White Glove@lordgar (CO's Live Producer) was seen in RenCen, Zone 1 by many heroes. For fun, I (actually, my rendition of Rob Mahogany) embellished the story somewhat with a doomsayer spin, but here's the facts:

FACT: The portrayed character, White Glove@lordgar, appeared...and was in fact red
FACT: He didn't use the sweet costume I designed for him for the Dress-A-Dev contest
IMHO: The costume he used looked pretty cool, though, so no complaints from me
FACT: He appeared as a Blade Archetype
FACT: He also had 2 stacks of something called "Ultimate Regen", we now know what that is
NEW!: "Ultimate Regen" is actually an invincibility buff already in-game for NPCs and certain Test Dummies (thanks Biff)

This post is NOT by Lord Gar, this is just from a player who saw him, watched him for a bit like we were filming a nature documentary, like "here we have a re-MARK-able sighting of a Dev." Just sharing the experience.

Okay...on your marks, get set, go speculate what he was actually doing!

---

Sidenote - I just remembered. Charles LOGAN (whom I imagine to look like Hugh Jackman rocking sideburns and admantium claws) did this sketch of Lord Gar in his regal uniform. He's also done other CO characters, which you can see at http://charleslogan.deviantart.com/
lord_gar____sketch_by_charleslogan-d7m61jl.jpg
Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They do need to check time to time that the game is still alive and working, somewhat.
    :tongue:
    */backflips over the Qularr mothership*

And 'Ultimate Regen' is how the appearing Dev's survive the hordes of Doomsayers and Other Things.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Man he's been afk a long time, i saw him outside the PH, logged off to take a rest, 4 hours later hes still there o_o

I dont even know.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    It's been about 12 hours since he 1st appeared and he's still there.

Just as we've been watching him...perhaps he's been watching us. Like gazing into the abyss.

I have 2 theories, because it's as fun to speculate as it is to know the truth, so here goes:

1. It's something to do with this "Ultimate Regen", but why is he testing it on the Live Server?

2. It's to do with the SNR issues some players have had. He has to test on the Live Server, then

I've also noticed periodically gets this XP Area Bonus buff, it comes and goes, though.

Gonna head to bed, see if he's still there when I wake up.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lilsteffie wrote: »
    Man he's been afk a long time, i saw him outside the PH, logged off to take a rest, 4 hours later hes still there o_o

And that's four hours after I logged off, which was four hours after I first saw him floating around.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The Ultimate Regen is, I think, the buff they gave to some powerhouse dummies a few months back. Also it appeared on Dr.Silverback at the end of one of the Fatal Error missions. Anyway, he probably just has that passive as a leftover of the tests for that power. Don't expect it to be used on any players or enemies in-game as it's purpose is to make things invincible.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I he still in instance 1?

I didn't see him.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    then why does he have MORE THAN ONE STACK?! :eek:

Cuz he's a dev and can do things we can't??? :biggrin:
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    then why does he have MORE THAN ONE STACK?! :eek:

Same way he can spawn All The Cosmic Monsters And Whole Lotta Others in Ren Center by snap of his fingers; it's a kind of magic.
  • Options
    lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The Ultimate Regen is, I think, the buff they gave to some powerhouse dummies a few months back. Also it appeared on Dr.Silverback at the end of one of the Fatal Error missions. Anyway, he probably just has that passive as a leftover of the tests for that power. Don't expect it to be used on any players or enemies in-game as it's purpose is to make things invincible.

Maybe that's the new "hush hush" deal no one is *cough talking about. They could flag themselves for open world pvp and assist the megas during the next invasion at Champs Hq.

*okay yeah it's a lousy guess but it's before noon and I woke up late and haven't met my caffeine quota yet.
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Same way he can spawn All The Cosmic Monsters And Whole Lotta Others in Ren Center by snap of his fingers; it's a kind of magic.

Are you saying Ultimate Regen is The Quickening? He is a Blade archetype...
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    he should spawn Grond in rencen. That would be hilarious.

What would be hilarious is how easy Grond would be to take down in the RenCen. I see lots of Vehicles in the RenCen every time I fly through and 40s who use it for PVP or as a bored hang out spot.

If Grond lasted more than five minutes I'd have to ask "Who's holding back?"

Unless.... :eek:

Unless Grond also had the Ultimate Regen. Then it would be a real fight. Then we would need 100 heroes and every hero would HAVE to be 40 or using a pimped out vehicle. And heaven help us if he used a jump patterned like in the desert.

Still, it'd be cool to see, though. :cool:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Are you saying Ultimate Regen is The Quickening? He is a Blade archetype...

Yes. That's why they don't appear in pairs. STO and NW are concidered as Holy Ground. And thats the reason why Dev's are so few in numbers at CO.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Mhmm.

I don't want to have to fight Nega Champions, Devs, Firewing and Megalodon again in a hurry lol.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Kent%2520panic.gif&size=400x1000
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Are we sue it's not a fake?
    -
    LordWhiteGlove-001.jpg
    -
    Who is White Glove?
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No.

No.

The question is... VVHY ARE HIS GLOVES RED?!?!

I've been asking this since yesterday. The mystery must be solved!

Rose_sig.png
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's obvious the machines are scouting us out for invasion by their master!
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    -
    Who is White Glove?

Millennium City's first color blind hero with red-white color blindness.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Millennium City's first color blind hero with red-white color blindness.

That must be his weakness. Colorblindness, I mean. Every Meta-Powered being has to have a least one weakness.
    -
    Testing for weaknesses, Chocolate Rampage discovered that WG is definitely is not ticklish.
    -
    NPCuf-Z4x_b4HisgZsPuz3gd1X6b2PD3bmbU0ZqnNyA=w515-h658-no
    -

We heroes should put our heads together and come up with some other tests for any other weakness.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No.

No.

The question is... VVHY ARE HIS GLOVES RED?!?!

I've been asking this since yesterday. The mystery must be solved!

blueraja.jpg
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's obvious the machines are scouting us out for invasion by their master!

Always did think CO's head dev was this guy...

Davros_Bleach.jpg
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    White Glove is a term used for the final bit of testing, to make sure everything is running as clean as possible (like checking a surface or object with white gloves to make sure it's squeaky-clean; any mark on your glove means you didn't do a thorough enough job). It's possible that this particular character was used in the final testing of the latest iteration of the Regen power.

That only works if developers can move characters fluidly between live and PTS.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    challenge him to duels,
    get as many poke the dev pictures as you can
    use embarressing emotes

POST PICTURES
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I poked him with a stick.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

• Options
    edited July 2014
    blueraja.jpg

LOL

:biggrin:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014

I went to the Powerhouse Training Rooms to confirm you're right. There's 2 Red and Grey special Training Dummies that have the Ultimate Regen power. Now, I don't think he's testing anything with that power per se.
    White Glove is a term used for the final bit of testing, to make sure everything is running as clean as possible (like checking a surface or object with white gloves to make sure it's squeaky-clean; any mark on your glove means you didn't do a thorough enough job). It's possible that this particular character was used in the final testing of the latest iteration of the Regen power.

That makes sense. And it's like he may use this toon for any final testing. To my understanding, Devs can edit our characters like they're files i.e. to give us a limited edition action figure, they turn on a flag on/off.

Since a toon can be just a file to them, I can see any of them copy and pasting it over.

And considering when it appeared, I can see Lord Gar working late Friday night, tired but wants to test something on the Live Server, logs in on this toon on his office PC, to run over the weekend.

If it is related to solving SNR, it makes sense, as the weekend is when the load is heaviest. Probably scripted something to log if and when he gets booted back to the log screen due to SNR, etc.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    edited July 2014

That only works if developers can move characters fluidly between live and PTS.

Well then, since he was red, then that means the server was crusted in someone's blood. So the question is, was someone hurt or murdered in the server lab and who's responsible?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Well, Mr. Gar has been caught - literally - red-handed, so any murders can be attributed to him.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »
    He was cheating u3u pvp is ruined.

:eek: Oh wait nothing new then. Carry on.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    It took me a little while to figure out that Lord Gar has been afk all weekend ...how does one even do that ._.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    He is still there. Hovering. Listening. Watching. Silently.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    well his power bill, is going to be... um rather large.

now, where's apermanent marker when you need it.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    It took me a little while to figure out that Lord Gar has been afk all weekend ...how does one even do that ._.

That's a good point, the game boots you back to login after 30 minutes, right? It's possible to write a macro that, say, just presses "I", opening and closing the inventory. But are macros considered...cheating in this game?
    He is still there. Hovering. Listening. Watching. Silently.

I was wondering if the test was on us, like to see how we as players react. That'd be funny.
    chaelk wrote: »
    well his power bill, is going to be... um rather large.

Yes it is, but not for 1 PC running CO all weekend. It's for our servers and their air conditioning.

In fact, for all we know, he might be running a Virtual PC on a server for this. So basically, on a Windows Server, he's running Windows like it's a program, which itself is running CO. The server has to be on anyway, so minimal cost.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    That's a good point, the game boots you back to login after 30 minutes, right? It's possible to write a macro that, say, just presses "I", opening and closing the inventory. But are macros considered...cheating in this game?

I'm very sure there's a lot of rules that GM/Developer accounts don't follow. Auto-logout being one of them, being able to post huge walls of text to chat is another.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Though this thread has given me some hope for the game as some players have pointed out it looks like Gar left his toon there for a reason. Most likely a fix for that random SNR that random people have been getting.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'm very sure there's a lot of rules that GM/Developer accounts don't follow. Auto-logout being one of them, being able to post huge walls of text to chat is another.

That makes more sense, yeah, admin accounts.

Our current thinking is Lord Gar simply forgot to log out on Friday. You know, something like you had stuff in the office running, you want to go out, shut down Windows, it doesn't shut down because some program is still running.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    Though this thread has given me some hope for the game as some players have pointed out it looks like Gar left his toon there for a reason. Most likely a fix for that random SNR that random people have been getting.

Having a Dev log into the game is a fix for the random SNRs? That's brilliant! The character's name "White Glove" certainly points toward the whole thing of using a white glove to rub against a hard surface to check for dust. It's somewhat amusing when you put it all together like that. :rolleyes:
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    deadman20 wrote: »
    Having a Dev log into the game is a fix for the random SNRs? That's brilliant! The character's name "White Glove" certainly points toward the whole thing of using a white glove to rub against a hard surface to check for dust. It's somewhat amusing when you put it all together like that. :rolleyes:

Thats my point, I dont think he is afk, well he is but I think that toon is there for a reason to test something. We will find out Monday at least :3
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Meanwhile, Dr. Silverback continues his scientific research, with a little help from other heroes.
    WG4.png?psid=1
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Meanwhile, Dr. Silverback continues his scientific research, with a little help from other heroes.
    WG4.png?psid=1

That picture gives me the fear @_@"
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    WG4.png?psid=1
    If I had all the parts to do that, I know what my next Nemesis would be...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    meanwhile, Dr. Silverback Continues His Scientific Research, With A Little Help From Other Heroes.
    wg4.png?psid=1
    Num Num Num!! Me Want Champion!!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I vote we have the num num monster as one of the random nemesis, with sound effects.

It's.. there is no suitable descriptive for that costume, apart from brilliant