test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Brace yourselves for impact!

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Posts: 2,032 Administrator
Hey everyone!

So you might have seen my name start to appear around in Champs. It's time for me to formally introduce myself. My name is Morrigan, or LaughingTrendy and I'm your new Community Manager! I'll be working closely with trailturtle (a wonderful personal friend of mine) to get news and content delivered directly to you!

While I have experience working on multiple titles, I'm particularly thrilled for the opportunity to work on Champions Online. I absolutely adore the visual elements, story and groundwork (and I just started into it not too long ago). My hope is to use my experience and skills in community outreach to help enrich this already beautiful game. I'm really thrilled for this opportunity. That's where you come in.

Champions, I will have a minor presence on the forums, but my goal is to spend more time with you in the game actively learning about it and more importantly, the community. Message me! Group up with me! I'd love to chat with all of you while playing. You can find me with my in-game handle as [@pwlaughingtrendy]. You can also find me on twitter @LaughingTrendy. In order for me to grow and develop so I can better serve you, it's alongside all of you.

Pay attention to our blogs, our Twitter, and our Facebook page to keep up to date on all the cool things we have planned for you. I'm really psyched that I will get to tell you the latest and greatest.

Let the questions begin!

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Does this mean you guys will be more open about what content is comeing? Also welcome.
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Welcome Trendy! We're a snarky bunch, and we do bite (occasionally) so I hope you got your shots! :)
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hello there, and welcome to the CO community. It is nice to have a new CM now that TT is focusing more on other things. :smile:
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Posts: 2,032 Administrator
    edited July 2014
    Does this mean you guys will be more open about what content is comeing?
    I will disclose whatever I can possibly get to disclose, as soon as humanely possible. :P

Welcome Trendy! We're a snarky bunch, and we do bite (occasionally) so I hope you got your shots! :)
    I consider myself a pretty tough gal, so bring it!

aiqa wrote: »
    Hello there, and welcome to the CO community. It is nice to have a new
    CM now that TT is focusing more on other things. :smile:
    That was something that I was speaking with the team about. I really hope to bring more of the due attention to Champions that it deserves.
  • kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Welcome.

Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Unfortunately, we have film footage of one of your predecessors. Ignore it at your peril!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5jUoFCAk_o
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Welcome to Champs!

It's always good to see you in-game over at STO, and it'll be fun seeing you here too. :)

So what superpower do you have that you can be in two places at the same time? I want it too! :biggrin:
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would even accept news as "inhumanely" as possible :biggrin: Welcome aboard.
    I will disclose whatever I can possibly get to disclose, as soon as humanely possible. :P
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Heyo! Welcome, nice to see more new faces working on CO.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    welcome! :D

It was great talking to you in-game. You seem super nice! Its great to have you.

Rose_sig.png
    edited July 2014
    Unfortunately, we have film footage of one of your predecessors. Ignore it at your peril!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5jUoFCAk_o
    This made my morning significantly better. :tongue:
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Welcome! I hope to see you in-game :smile:

BritFist.png
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • alexandrafreyaalexandrafreya Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Welcome :)

Alexandra.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ratiga approves this person!!

[ insert Caliga cheese helm logo ]
  • gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Welcome to Champions Online :biggrin:
    edited July 2014
    Welcome to Champs!

It's always good to see you in-game over at STO, and it'll be fun seeing you here too. :)

So what superpower do you have that you can be in two places at the same time? I want it too! :biggrin:
    Temporal Dichotomy took a while to master, but increased my efficiency by like 120%!

..Maths!
  • stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Welcome Morigan of the Laughing Trends, welcome to our domain. :cool:

Naw, really, welcome! Take anything we say on the forums with a huge grain of salt and enjoy all the characters you'll meet. I know i do! :3

*Wanders off to watch leekspin.com.*
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2014

tumblr_lw3c4hrbDw1qir83io2_250.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Welcome aboard. Remember to scrub yourself thoroughly before and after zone interactions :D
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hey, rookie! Run down the street and get me a coffee, large, double-double. And make it snappy!

Oh, was I channeling JJJ again? Sorry. I let that slip sometimes.

Welcome aboard!
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • kharma23kharma23 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Temporal Dichotomy took a while to master, but increased my efficiency by like 120%!

..Maths!

Is this the famous Cryptic Math I hear so much about? hmmm

Also, welcome to CO, hope you have fun here!

You're a lunatic with a mad man's dream of a milk proof robot!

Question: Will the Facebook page ever have anything useful not posted to the general news / forums here? Neverwinter for instance has occasional "kill foe with likes" games or links to giveaways.

And welcome.
    edited July 2014
    serpinecoh wrote: »
    Question: Will the Facebook page ever have anything useful not posted to the general news / forums here? Neverwinter for instance has occasional "kill foe with likes" games or links to giveaways.

And welcome.
    I've actually been working with Akro regarding that! I really want more fun little opportunities on either Bookface or Twitter.
  • tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ooh, fresh meat. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

But seriously, welcome. :D

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

• decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Welcome to the madhouse. I have a Morrigan as one of my main characters (below in blue), so I won't forget your name. :smile:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Trendy, welcome to Champions!

Lately I've noticed Cryptic has stopped making forum posts for blog entries on the main page. I don't have a lot of time to search teh Intarwebs for CO info, so I tend to follow the Dev Tracker pretty exclusively and have been missing things if there's no post there (example: I missed this last weekend's XP event :frown:). Please make a quick "Check out this blog/tweet/facebook" entry here in the Forums whenever there's something we need to pay attention to.

I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

P.S. Here's some bacon.
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • fookilafookila Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Welcome to our party. Yes, party!
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    We already had devs that played. Turtle at the least even played for 24 hours straight, I alerted with him more than a few times outside of that.

Welcome, Morrigan. Glad you find the game as awesome as most of the rest of us do, looking forward to seeing you in game. :D It's cool that you'll be chatting with us directly, I look forward to hearing any cool information you can *ahem*... Leek.

If y'all start doing facebook giveaways, you should totally unban me from your facebook page. Our old CM did so because I posted the skrillex "equinox" video and said it reminded me of the wind powers, which had also just come out at the time. 's lame, it's hard to share stuff about the game when I can't even comment on the facebook. :D
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hello Trendy. Welcome to the madhouse and ignore all those tight wearing people. They are completely crazy. The werewolves are the only ones with sanity left!

Sent you a friend request @Silverspar
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Morrigan - goddess of battle and strife... should fit in perfectly on the forums.
    In games, explore all areas, including Shererra's and club caprice. There are people in there, somewhere.
    You'll probably need your shots, or at least flea powder before going near the werewolves.

Team up with the PvP group, they need more suckers... I mean groupers. You can experience the Queue kick bug firsthand.

Have fun and welcome to the madhouse.:biggrin:
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hi Laughing Trendy.

Watch out for all those cursed furry folks and bloodsuckers, especially the ones in primarily black and red leather, trenchcoats optional. Only the tights wearing classic heroes are sane in this universe! :wink:

All silliness aside, well, most of it anyhow, welcome to the funny farm, and I'll be poking you in-game when I'm free.

Expect my friend request soon! [@Rune]
    edited July 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    Morrigan - goddess of battle and strife... should fit in perfectly on the forums.
    In games, explore all areas, including Shererra's and club caprice. There are people in there, somewhere.
    You'll probably need your shots, or at least flea powder before going near the werewolves.

Team up with the PvP group, they need more suckers... I mean groupers. You can experience the Queue kick bug firsthand.

Have fun and welcome to the madhouse.:biggrin:

Pfft flea powder. What do you think I am a dog or one of those horrible mutant rejects from Vibora?
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • heavynosferatuheavynosferatu Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Pfft flea powder. What do you think I am a dog or one of those horrible mutant rejects from Vibora?

Hypo-allergenic werewolf? Who knew? :tongue:

Hello Trendy. Welcome to the madhouse. We're all fine here.
    Devil and the deep blue sea behind me
    Vanish in the air you'll never find me
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Goodness, it certainly is nice to hear that we'll have someone to chat to like we did Trail!

(I know he's still around, we miss you!)

Welcome, Laughing Trendy! Welcome...to the League of Destruction!!

Nah I'm kidding. :wink:

I'll be sure to send you a friend request! (Mentella@Ravenforce)

It would be great to get to know and chat to you!

*covertly hands you a flame proof suit* (It gets crazy on the forums sometimes, as you are no doubt well aware) :smile:
  • megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I will be sure to send ya a friend request as well. [@Gunarm]
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    welcome.png
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    3691545-6518341303-laugh.gif
  • selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hello Trendy, sounds like you could totally give Gravitar some fashion advice there!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hey everyone!

So you might have seen my name start to appear around in Champs. It's time for me to formally introduce myself. My name is Morrigan, or LaughingTrendy and I'm your new Community Manager! I'll be working closely with trailturtle (a wonderful personal friend of mine) to get news and content delivered directly to you!

While I have experience working on multiple titles, I'm particularly thrilled for the opportunity to work on Champions Online. I absolutely adore the visual elements, story and groundwork (and I just started into it not too long ago). My hope is to use my experience and skills in community outreach to help enrich this already beautiful game. I'm really thrilled for this opportunity. That's where you come in.

Champions, I will have a minor presence on the forums, but my goal is to spend more time with you in the game actively learning about it and more importantly, the community. Message me! Group up with me! I'd love to chat with all of you while playing. You can find me with my in-game handle as [@pwlaughingtrendy]. You can also find me on twitter @LaughingTrendy. In order for me to grow and develop so I can better serve you, it's alongside all of you.

Pay attention to our blogs, our Twitter, and our Facebook page to keep up to date on all the cool things we have planned for you. I'm really psyched that I will get to tell you the latest and greatest.

Let the questions begin!

~LaughingTrendy

Trendy is in your name if youre an Apple fan girl I will have to frown at you U__U

And OHAI!
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • p0temk1np0temk1n Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Welcome to CO!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[thread=139701]My old, old guide for Ego Blades. Updated for On: Alert.[/thread]
    [thread=154211]The Costume Contest Schedule. Stay up-to-date without having to log in![/thread]
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Greetings! *bows*
    Hope you grow to love the freedom offered by CO as most of us here have, and can help turn a jaded community into a .. uh, sparkling jade.

(yeah, if my heroes had superpowers, one of them wouldn't be 'making good metaphors')
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    And the rotating CM doors here on the CO forums continues..

Though welcome, hopefully you brought flame resistant clothing along with you.
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Welcome aboard.

Don't forget to block.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Rookie! Where's that coffee?

Just kidding, Trendy. It could be worse: We could make you buy dinner for the team, then rack up a 5-figure tab at the best steakhouse in town.
    chaelk wrote: »

Oh, our forums aren't nearly bloody and twisted enough to compare to Irish mythology. At least not yet... :wink:
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Welcome to the community.
    edited July 2014
    draogn wrote: »
    And the rotating CM doors here on the CO forums continues..

Though welcome, hopefully you brought flame resistant clothing along with you.

:rolleyes:

You must be new to the whole internet forum thing as CMs often change for communities quite regularly as time goes on. So seriously take a chill.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS