What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Juggling? Seriously?

Comments

• Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Pitting Xanatos vs Dr. Destroyer has all the hallmarks of a Nemesis plot.

DUNDUNDUN!!

Nemesisplot.jpg
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    We probably won't see anything like those emotes, because of tech issues and a lack of storage space.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Xanatos can and will use magic and tech, and already has a robot army, more money I expect, a power-armor suit... and he's got the genre-savvy.

Plus hecould just manipulate it into seeming that Alexnder was in danger to allow Owen to become Puck again and unleash the full-on reality warping.

Xanatos would win.

I am fairly certain Dr. Destroyer is far more intelligent, richer, and well he owns an entire country. Xanatos might have riches, but it's harder to fight against a mastermind who also has the most advanced tech in the world, that he refuses to share.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    draogn wrote: »
    We probably won't see anything like those emotes, because of tech issues and a lack of storage space.

RimshotBadumtsh1.jpg
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    this thread has gotten way off topic.
    there is no reason juggling emote could not be added
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited June 2014
    Xanatos would win.

Lol?

Zerstoiten's suit allows him to engage basically Superman-level flying bricks. Or fight Mechanon 1 v 1. Devastating a part of the large city in the process.

Xanatos's suit is only a low-powered thing capable of engaging gargoyles who are nothing more than very low level bricks.
    That's something roughly on pair with Appleseed Landmates, or Battletech mechanised armors, that's it.

They're not even close in terms of combat power.

General tech level in the Gargoyles universe is lower than in CU.

Neither Xanatos matches Dr.D in technological expertise.

Xanatos owns a corporation.

Dr. D is basically CU equivalent of Dr. Doom and Lex Luthor fused together.

Intelligence aside, only thing Dr.D would need to do is to fire at Xanatos and marvel at the resulting smoldering crater.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Xanatos fought a Physical God to a standstill.

Dr. Destroyer fought an entire city of them to a stand still for several hours, killing many of them in the process. It was an event known as the Battle of Detroit.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Xanatos fought a Physical God to a standstill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsUCRcK7QYc

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Who knows, maybe they might surprise us with this years anniversary for Champions and something new and different like they did with the April Fool's event for Foxbat (which was completely different from the last time).

They should bring back C.L.O.W.N. for April Fools.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

• Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited June 2014
  • Options
    foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    crosschan wrote: »
    If things are going to be taken from CO and given to STO/NW as rewards could we maybe possibly pretty please have them in CO too? :confused:

In all fairness, we have been getting quite a few hand-me-downs from STO for a while now, from the vehicle system to our shiny, brand-new Holoforce Armor. Anyway, I don't think NWO's idea of the juggle emote comes from requests here at CO.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    foxyperson wrote: »
    In all fairness, we have been getting quite a few hand-me-downs from STO for a while now, from the vehicle system to our shiny, brand-new Holoforce Armor.

How is the new Holo-Force Armor from STO? It was the winner of a design a costume contest here in CO. Pretty sure the vehicles in CO are nothing like those in STO either. They're more like SWTOR.

I can't think of anything that's been imported over here from STO.

oneway.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    angelphoenix12angelphoenix12 Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ever since the introduction of Vibora Bay to PTS there have been multiple threads and requests for, among other things, the Juggling Emote. Lo and Behold...someone is getting it.

Spoiler: It's not CO

If things are going to be taken from CO and given to STO/NW as rewards could we maybe possibly pretty please have them in CO too? :confused:

your surprised? Pwe/Cryptic has no interest in improving this game. That is why I have given up on this game why should I care about this game when pwe/cryptic does not.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    your surprised? Pwe/Cryptic has no interest in improving this game. That is why I have given up on this game why should I care about this game when pwe/cryptic does not.

So much wrong with this statement.

Development goes where the money is being made. Co just hasn't had much money to be made. Development has shown and demonstrated it's picking back up this year, so far, but to firmly believe they don't care about champions is silly in itself. If that were the case, the game would have been shuttered long ago. Beliefs like this is why we never get nice things, because this player base constantly throws it back in the devs face.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited June 2014

how so? Lets look at the facts, this game has become an after thought. Things like the foundry this game will never get, this game will never get a huge update that nwo and sto enjoys.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    how so? Lets look at the facts, this game has become an after thought. Things like the foundry this game will never get, this game will never get a huge update that nwo and sto enjoys.

Neverwinter and STO get something from their player base Champions doesn't. And read my edit. Then you might be enlightened. Again if this game wasn't liked, it would have been shuttered ages ago, not left in a limbo at a point where it just barely makes enough to justify its existence. No company ever would leave a product up like that.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Development goes where the money is being made. Co just hasn't had much money to be made. Development has shown and demonstrated it's picking back up this year, so far, but to firmly believe they don't care about champions is silly in itself. If that were the case, the game would have been shuttered long ago. Beliefs like this is why we never get nice things, because this player base constantly throws it back in the devs face.

ever wonder why this game has not made as much? Because pwe/cryptic has not put forth the effort to make this game any better. they moved the devs to the other 2 games when they needed help, when this game lingered on for a year and half, this game needs serious help which I really dont see coming.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ever wonder why this game has not made as much? Because pwe/cryptic has not put forth the effort to make this game any better. they moved the devs to the other 2 games when they needed help, when this game lingered on for a year and half, this game needs serious help which I really dont see coming.

Yea, it's called business. And this game gets no help because the playerbase doesn't want it to be helped. Circular logic if you don't pay money, development isn't funded on well wishes and best of hope, and they are a business first. Again, there is already evidence stuff is happening behind the scenes, whether you choose to believe it is your paranoia, but then again, they wouldn't have put up a lifetime sale if they had plans to do nothing or even shutter this game. And trying to claim it was a cash grab is a far stretch to because trying to grab cash from a game with a low player base is a very thin reason.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The circular logic started on Cryptic's end.

Its up to them to break that cycle. They did it for STO so they can do it for CO.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The circular logic started on Cryptic's end.

Its up to them to break that cycle. They did it for STO so they can do it for CO.

No, the players did it for STO, by actually putting money into the game. Not to mention actually having a player base. The lockboxes paid off and STO turned around.

I know people like to believe game X is supporting game Y here because of some ill conceived notions due to game Y always seems to get more, but it doesn't take much reasoning to understand why.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No, the players did it for STO, by actually putting money into the game. Not to mention actually having a player base. The lockboxes paid off and STO turned around.

I know it is pretty much perception in either side. Is there any factual evidence of which thing was first?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    gandales wrote: »
    I know it is pretty much perception in either side. Is there any factual evidence of which thing was first?

Simple fact, they stated that exact thing to the STO player base, then more content was able to be made for the game. There was a time period that STO was not receiving content updates anymore than CO was, it was at a state that many would consider was like how CO was last year; receiving nothing. Then the lockboxes came out, and because of their much bigger playerbase, and people actually buying them and selling them and getting zen to spend in the game, STO started to get its income and pick back up.

I don't think it's a little secret to know that the lockboxes have actually saved Champions. And I think it's foolish that people actually believe that Cryptic doesn't care about this title. They've shut projects down before, they've had at least 3 unannounced projects in development they halted before, so I don't think if they really didn't care about Champions they would have any qualms about closing Champions down and giving everyone their papers now.

But Champions problems are we have a small player base who expect results first without putting the faith and money in. People want big epic content but don't understand that requires big epic resources to do. They want multiple zones and content updates, yet this player base does what it can to scare off new players, at the most, and at the least, dissuade them from actually spending money by always talking negatively about the game.

Yea, Champs has problems, yea it needs lots of love and attention, but it's not going to get it, not in the levels people want and certainly not in a speedy manner, without the resources behind it. Contrary to that popular opinion, each of Cryptic's games has to be self sufficient, because a company is not going to support a product if it's actually costing them money to keep it running. And if a product is costing them money to keep it running, why do people expect them to sink money into a game on a leap of faith considering the history of this game?

Neverwinter and STO are not my kind of games, but they are good games for the people that enjoy them. I want Champions to get that kind of love to, and I firmly believe Cryptic wants to as well. But they have to have the resources and as long as the money is only coming in shallow or "just enough", then anything big we want is either going to take a lot of time before we ever see it, or all we will get are minor updates.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    skylygerskylyger Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Simple fact, they stated that exact thing to the STO player base, then more content was able to be made for the game. There was a time period that STO was not receiving content updates anymore than CO was, it was at a state that many would consider was like how CO was last year; receiving nothing. Then the lockboxes came out, and because of their much bigger playerbase, and people actually buying them and selling them and getting zen to spend in the game, STO started to get its income and pick back up.

I don't think it's a little secret to know that the lockboxes have actually saved Champions. And I think it's foolish that people actually believe that Cryptic doesn't care about this title. They've shut projects down before, they've had at least 3 unannounced projects in development they halted before, so I don't think if they really didn't care about Champions they would have any qualms about closing Champions down and giving everyone their papers now.

But Champions problems are we have a small player base who expect results first without putting the faith and money in. People want big epic content but don't understand that requires big epic resources to do. They want multiple zones and content updates, yet this player base does what it can to scare off new players, at the most, and at the least, dissuade them from actually spending money by always talking negatively about the game.

Yea, Champs has problems, yea it needs lots of love and attention, but it's not going to get it, not in the levels people want and certainly not in a speedy manner, without the resources behind it. Contrary to that popular opinion, each of Cryptic's games has to be self sufficient, because a company is not going to support a product if it's actually costing them money to keep it running. And if a product is costing them money to keep it running, why do people expect them to sink money into a game on a leap of faith considering the history of this game?

Neverwinter and STO are not my kind of games, but they are good games for the people that enjoy them. I want Champions to get that kind of love to, and I firmly believe Cryptic wants to as well. But they have to have the resources and as long as the money is only coming in shallow or "just enough", then anything big we want is either going to take a lot of time before we ever see it, or all we will get are minor updates.

LOL so much fanboism ;ieing here.

CO has since launch been ***** of its dev team and resources by Cryptic. Cryptic began with CO a trend in quickly releasing MMO and then abandoning them. The ONLY reason STO gets much real love is that its a Franchise Lease. They dont own it, and if they ever displease said owners STO goes down without a whimper from cryptic because they can do NOTHING about it.

NWO isnt considered a good game even among D&D fanbois. It literally only draws in the most simple minded of the MMO gaming community, and DDO for all its flaws and foibles still earns the love of actual D&D fans thanks to their complex character building that surpasses COs.

But the fact is that it was very much spoken of as a temporary thing by the powers that be here on these forums that in time the plundered Devs would be returned, that the resources earned by CO that got diverted to help rush out STO would one day be given a fair return to CO.

The fact is either one or the other happened at COs launch. CO successfully sold the more then 10k in LTS that was spoken about on these very forums by the PTB in the days prior to launch day as a hyped up reason to come join the community to, or the oft downplayed by the forum fanbois opposite occurred with so many of those LTS being charged back and the game suffering a critical bleed out of the population began with Day one.

Either way its not even remotely the player bases fault but Cryptics, and its cryptic, not the playerbase that will need to go out on a limp, expend significantly more then the game currently earns, and show real serious development of the game that is in no way temporary events, or money grabs via lock boxes to get former cryptic fans trusts back.

Cryptic one way or another failed to keep the faith of the people. You dont blame people for losing faith you blame the powers that be for betraying it.

Its not even some secret that cryptic currently is working on another new MMO, likely built on the same foundation that they supposedly use for all their games, and was also one of the things they once used to hold up as a reason to put faith in them, that anything developed in one game would eventually be shared with the others. Things like the Foundry for example.

That is likely the one small thing they could actually try to make good on finally, actually get done and if they did nothing to try to monetize it, just do it as a show of faith to the players, to give us the Foundry no strings attached, that might just might bring back the lost, restore the faith in the faithless, and prove that making good on not their own promises, but on the players expectations which frankly atm is the far more important thing to do if they want to do more then just survive in a stagnant swamp of a game. They can either choose to build it up on their own and trust the players will come, play, have fun, and stay to spend, or choose the cowards path of taking what they can from us and giving as little back as humanly possible.

NC Soft for all its faults did time and again support City Of and give it chances to grow and expand. Maybe they didnt pay off enough, maybe it was just too average a game that didnt Earn more then it used up, but even then they gave it alot of time, alot of money, and alot of new growth over the years that gave many who played it years of good times.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    skylyger wrote: »
    <personal attacks and wrongness, as per expected>

Nice try, but then again I knew it was only a matter of time before the fanboi card was used. Not surprised it was you either, since you have some beef with me in every vane attempt to prove me wrong yet not offering a bit of evidence to back yourself up either.

Also I love how you always 180. Talk about being apologetic though when you are now trying to forgive NCSoft. Really if you are going to try and drive that fanboi card, you might want to stop doing it yourself.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ITT:

WALL_OF_TEXT.jpg
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Also keep in mind that Paramount demands a certain return, so Cryptic has an incentive to invest their own money in STO's momentum if it becomes necessary. (Likewise Hasbro and Neverwinter.) They probably have the critical mass of active players necessary to "develop to revenue" (as Cryptic says all their games do) to the point of getting regular Seasons/Modules and expansions. If they're falling a little short on key sales or they're a little over budget on the run-up to the next big release, however, I get the impression that they'll receive enough investment to get over the hump. Somehow, I don't think Champions would get that same treatment. Without a 3rd party owning the IP rights, it's key sales or bust. (If we were getting major updates, that is.)

To be fair, the difference between cancelling an internal prototype long before it's ready for a public reveal and shutting down an MMO in production is astronomical. That said, I've changed my tune on Cryptic's attitude toward this game for one reason: After what NCSoft did to City of Heroes, shutting down Champions would leave Cryptic's reputation in tatters. As it stands today, Cryptic has a bad rep between the Cryptic/Paragon Studios split and the current state of CO. Abandoning the superhero genre entirely wouldn't just burn bridges, it would nuke the whole damn town.

In a way, NCSoft screwed Cryptic just as badly as they screwed the CoH community, because the timing could not have been worse for Cryptic. Neverwinter and Legacy of Romulus were both entering their pre-release crunch periods when NCSoft drew their daggers. Don't get me wrong, I don't hold Cryptic blameless here. They let themselves get over-extended on NW and STO and stripped CO to the bone, which never should have happened on principle. NCSoft just compounded what would have been a problem anyway.

You make it sound like it's as simple as flipping the switch from Pessimism to Optimism. "Hey, we're having a Lifetime/Subscription Sale! Smiles, everybody! Remember, you're happy you've only gotten event boss fights repackaged as rampages and two holiday events since October of last year!"

Cryptic is a business, and if customer satisfaction is a problem, it's their problem, not ours. If they want word-of-mouth to be better about this game, it's up to them to make us happier than we are. Games are supposed to be fun, and the best we can do is keep a stiff upper lip and hope that when the next big thing comes, it's actually big, and not another slap-d*** collection of movie parodies with a cheap boss fight at the end.
    skylyger wrote: »
    NC Soft for all its faults did time and again support City Of and give it chances to grow and expand. Maybe they didnt pay off enough, maybe it was just too average a game that didnt Earn more then it used up, but even then they gave it alot of time, alot of money, and alot of new growth over the years that gave many who played it years of good times.

I'm skipping over a lot of tripe here to get to this last paragraph, because up to a point, you're right. NCSoft did support Paragon Studios and the City of Heroes community. Right up until they took them out behind the barn, shot them in the back of the head, claimed self-defense, and wondered why everybody's so angry about their deaths.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Also keep in mind that Paramount demands a certain return, so Cryptic has an incentive to invest their own money in STO's momentum if it becomes necessary. (Likewise Hasbro and Neverwinter.) They probably have the critical mass of active players necessary to "develop to revenue" (as Cryptic says all their games do) to the point of getting regular Seasons/Modules and expansions. If they're falling a little short on key sales or they're a little over budget on the run-up to the next big release, however, I get the impression that they'll receive enough investment to get over the hump. Somehow, I don't think Champions would get that same treatment. Without a 3rd party owning the IP rights, it's key sales or bust. (If we were getting major updates, that is.)

I really don't think it's that simple. Neverwinter is probably doing better than both games. I seriously doubt STO has been getting preferential treatment as far as funding hurdles, because again, STO at one time was receiving similar development as CO was before the lockboxes came about. Hell I doubt CBS (not paramount btw) puts anymore pressure on them than saying you gotta make X quota or we pull our license, especially since they have to approve all changes and updates with STo through CBS first.

STO has two things that Champions doesn't have, as it stands... a player base and money they get from said players buying things. It's a sad truth, but STO has all that. If you were playing the Risa event Risa had MANY zones packed with people. And that means the only preferential treatment STO gets is in what gets tested with them first, but even that is now overshadowed by Neverwinter.
    You make it sound like it's as simple as flipping the switch from Pessimism to Optimism.

It actually is that simple. They have a lot of work to do, but we have to also encourage them to do that. Now while a certain somebody might decide to show up and flash around articles about a person that needed to be bailed out by his competition in order to get to the point he made it to, we do need to encourage and support and as a community understand that what we want can't always happen the way we want it or that it will take time to develop said things if they can.

We have a new dev team at the helm now, and trying to insult them and bait them into conversations is not showing support for the game.
    I'm skipping over a lot of tripe here to get to this last paragraph, because up to a point, you're right. NCSoft did support Paragon Studios and the City of Heroes community. Right up until they took them out behind the barn, shot them in the back of the head, claimed self-defense, and wondered why everybody's so angry about their deaths.

I would have countered that single point alone that NCSoft didn't put funds into CoH more than it brought in. All the bonus packs and such that they started pumping out much later helped CoH get more content updates. NCSoft didn't have any renewed interest in CoH when the sale happened they were just happy to have 100% control over the game. If it wasn't for the booster pack sales that happened I don't think CoH updates would have been as large as they were, because NCSoft sure didn't start pumping funds in because they saw an investment, quite the opposite really. It's quite amazing how that little fact alone escaped such attention. I supported those booster packs for CoH to, and they helped. Sadly they only helped one faction of the game and the faction I played was left in limbo with little more than tag along content, which is one of my major beefs with CoH.

Hell they even said the booster packs were there for that reason to make bigger content updates and even get content into them. I remember one of Positrons later promotional videos stating exactly that about wanting more money from the players to make bigger and better updates. And the whole argument that Cryptic works on other projects to. No kidding, so was Paragon, they weren't exclusively working on CoH.

But that's besides the point. The point is if we want to start seeing bigger updates and a return, we need to convince more people to play, not make them shy away from the game because we've been in a rut.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    But that's besides the point. The point is if we want to start seeing bigger updates and a return, we need to convince more people to play, not make them shy away from the game because we've been in a rut.

Why should we? A lot of mmo players already know that champions is not going anywhere. I even try and convince people not to play because this game is in shambles, you might want to take a step back and actually see this game truly like. Ever think the reason for the diminishing player base is due to how this game is managed? If a game company does not make content it loses players because, they want more content.
    You pretty much say it is the players fault this is where you are completely wrong here, the fault lies on cryptic and now pwe.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Why should we? A lot of mmo players already know that champions is not going anywhere. I even try and convince people not to play because this game is in shambles, you might want to take a step back and actually see this game truly like. Ever think the reason for the diminishing player base is due to how this game is managed? If a game company does not make content it loses players because, they want more content.
    You pretty much say it is the players fault this is where you are completely wrong here, the fault lies on cryptic and now pwe.

Except you don't know that. You only assume that. But again, there is plenty of evidence that contradicts your gut. So far you haven't proved anything other than you have a vendetta. And again evidence points that you are quite wrong to. You can say I am completely wrong all you want, but you know it's true. It's why you are giving your hurt speech right now.

No company manages a game perfectly and considering the fact Cryptic had to survive Atari's incompetence is astonishing they made it through that at all. It's plain and obvious you've never thought about the basic stuff. And considering the irony of your signature, what you are doing now is running from the fight like a coward. You aren't standing for anything. You want to point fingers and play the blame game instead of seeing what is trying to be done now. And of course inventing new excuses why.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Except you don't know that. You only assume that. But again, there is plenty of evidence that contradicts your gut. So far you haven't proved anything other than you have a vendetta. And again evidence points that you are quite wrong to. You can say I am completely wrong all you want, but you know it's true. It's why you are giving your hurt speech right now.

No company manages a game perfectly and considering the fact Cryptic had to survive Atari's incompetence is astonishing they made it through that at all. It's plain and obvious you've never thought about the basic stuff.

And I can say the same thing about you, for not seeing this game for what it is. Do I have a vendetta agenst this game, no I wanted to see this game be as good or not better than City of. It had 5 years and it only got so far.

And you don't know what will happen to this game as well, yes I read Trails' posts and frankly it gives me no faith in this game ever getting better this is my opinion, you choose to agree cool more power to you but I can also choose not to believe that this game will ever get better.

No company manages a game perfectly ok ill agree with you, just more companies manger their games better then pwe/cryptic.

And you never though if a company never updates a game, such as permanent content, I am not taking about lock boxes or temp "story arcs" I mean the meat and potatoes of the game the story arcs.

You say I assume things about this game, I don't think so I see what is going on with this game and I would rather play something that does get updates, such as Secret World. I think it is you who assume this game will get any better and that's ok. I am not one to downgrade someones opinion.

I understand you a fangirl of this game and nothing I or anyone who says something you don't like you wont listen.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    And I can say the same thing about you, for not seeing this game for what it is. Do I have a vendetta agenst this game, no I wanted to see this game be as good or not better than City of. It had 5 years and it only got so far.

And you don't know what will happen to this game as well, yes I read Trails' posts and frankly it gives me no faith in this game ever getting better this is my opinion, you choose to agree cool more power to you but I can also choose not to believe that this game will ever get better.

No company manages a game perfectly ok ill agree with you, just more companies manger their games better then pwe/cryptic.

And you never though if a company never updates a game, such as permanent content, I am not taking about lock boxes or temp "story arcs" I mean the meat and potatoes of the game the story arcs.

You say I assume things about this game, I don't think so I see what is going on with this game and I would rather play something that does get updates, such as Secret World. I think it is you who assume this game will get any better and that's ok. I am not one to downgrade someones opinion.

I understand you a fangirl of this game and nothing I or anyone who says something you don't like you wont listen.

You have a vendetta. If you wanted to see this game succeed you wouldn't be trying to throw it under the bus like you are now. Transitions are always going to be rough, and Atari was the roughest thing that happened to Champions and again with NCSoft closing CoH doors didn't help either.

There is little to actually fangirl but I do keep my eyes open. TSW updates, how long did it take them to put out a meaningful update to their game? Tokyo took over two years, you can't hide behind the excuse they actually update their game just because they actually finally released a meaningful update just recently and then try to claim the same isn't being worked on here.

For all your talk you sure do keep your eyes closed to what is actually going on. And really you want to talk about mismanagement then talk about FunCom in the same breath? That's pretty much begging for bad mojo there. Two years until a real content update otherwise they kept doing is recycling what was already in the game... That sounds very familiar. If you are going to cite a company for content updates don't use one that is notorious for making games that crash entire Operating Systems.

And really, don't try to play the fangirl card right after your big speech about FunCom. Seriously, you just make yourself look bad.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Oh, and because I will be asked about it, the evidence is plain as day;
    • Evidence - New Rampage Alert delivered at the beginning of the year.
    • Evidence - Revamped Rampage Alert System, including private queuing.
    • Evidence - Aura System implemented
    • Evidence - Revamped and updated Seasonal event, and recognition for other holidays that were not previously recognized.
    • Evidence - New costumes AND auras both C-Store AND free to be obtained by players delivered almost monthly if not faster.
    • Evidence - Costume Contest and the costume set already created and delivered in game with new costume slot locations and materials.
    • Evidence - Size of the patch files versus patch notes we actually get. For such small patch notes, even if they are costumes, they are awfully large for such small parts which suggest under the hood changes to.
    • Evidence - Sale of freeforms at a 50% discount earlier this year and now a 33% off sale on lifetime subscriptions that lasted until the end of last month.

And there are other bits of evidence to, but talking about them would be against the TOS and EULA.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    You have a vendetta. If you wanted to see this game succeed you wouldn't be trying to throw it under the bus like you are now. Transitions are always going to be rough, and Atari was the roughest thing that happened to Champions and again with NCSoft closing CoH doors didn't help either.

There is little to actually fangirl but I do keep my eyes open. TSW updates, how long did it take them to put out a meaningful update to their game? Tokyo took over two years, you can't hide behind the excuse they actually update their game just because they actually finally released a meaningful update just recently and then try to claim the same isn't being worked on here.

For all your talk you sure do keep your eyes closed to what is actually going on. And really you want to talk about mismanagement then talk about FunCom in the same breath? That's pretty much begging for bad mojo there. Two years until a real content update otherwise they kept doing is recycling what was already in the game... That sounds very familiar. If you are going to cite a company for content updates don't use one that is notorious for making games that crash entire Operating Systems.

And really, don't try to play the fangirl card right after your big speech about FunCom. Seriously, you just make yourself look bad.

lets see the timeline for updates for secret world it did take Tokyo, into game I grant that, but that is issue 9, your not counting 1-8 and that is in 2 years, plus count the bonus missions so your wrong about that. Simple math can tell you how long it took 9 update divide by 23 months equals very 2.5 months of meaningful updates. You told me all "management isn't perfect, I granted that to you, I proved there are better management than pwe/cryptic.

Lets look at Champions on much meaningful updates, outside of bug fixes equates to 6 months at most. And how long are you going to tout about Atarii, its been a few years so that is no longer how you say an excuse. Since when has asking for meaningful content for a year and half and gotten none a vendetta?

Im much different from you I see what is going on with this game and what is not, where as you thinking everything pwe is perfect, because it is far from it.

As soon as you stop saying I have a vendetta against Champions ill stop with the fangirl, and yes I will bring up The Secret world, try and read up on it before making assumptions about a game you problaly don't even play and here is a little help for you http://wiki.crygaia.com/view/Updates_(Patch_Notes), you do know secret world has only been around for 2 years right?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I hardly think PWE is perfect, contrary to your opinion but I am not vendettaing against other games either and actively telling people not to play them because I don't like them. If I was doing that I would be actively telling people not to play WildStar, or WoW or any other game of its ilk. Furthermore, meaningful updates is a definition in terms, since many didn't feel the updates past the Halloween update were all that meaningful to begin with since pretty much all of them just kept recycling the same content, especially their issue 9 update, which was promised as a horizontal progression when it actually was more vertical progression tied up in a super grindy bow. Again sounds very familiar. And yea, I played TSW quite a bit considering I was a tier 10.5 player.

But again you've ignored the evidence, which I posted, and claimed it was nothing. I've never said PWE or Cryptic was perfect, in fact I can give you a laundry list of what they've done wrong, but considering what I see they are actually trying to do and not letting the past corrupt my view of the present is what makes me different (you know that whole "hero" thing people want to be as is the theme of this game). Not to mention I understand that development is not something people can snap their fingers and make happen, especially with companies that need money to function. Again I point to the costume contest which started on the 4th of April and the costume was delivered on the 12th of June, that's a little over 2 months and that included waiting for the contest to finish, then for them to concept and design the model in the creator. These aren't things companies do if they have no interest in the game and seeing it progress, and certainly not something if they planned to do nothing with the game, especially since paying an artist is actually part of the equation there.

Constantly saying the game has nothing going for it is seriously flawed. Cryptic has no reason to keep the game open if that was the case. CN would not be hiring if that was the case. I doubt there would have even been a subscription sale if Cryptic saw nothing in Champions and had no plans for it, and certainly would have actually killed it off.

But I get it, you don't like the game, but really, trying to say you don't have a vendetta when you actively tell people not to play or pay without letting them make up their own minds is very thin.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I hardly think PWE is perfect, contrary to your opinion but I am not vendettaing against other games either and actively telling people not to play them because I don't like them. If I was doing that I would be actively telling people not to play WildStar, or WoW or any other game of its ilk. Furthermore, meaningful updates is a definition in terms, since many didn't feel the updates past the Halloween update were all that meaningful to begin with since pretty much all of them just kept recycling the same content, especially their issue 9 update, which was promised as a horizontal progression when it actually was more vertical progression tied up in a super grindy bow. Again sounds very familiar. And yea, I played TSW quite a bit considering I was a tier 10.5 player.

But again you've ignored the evidence, which I posted, and claimed it was nothing. I've never said PWE or Cryptic was perfect, in fact I can give you a laundry list of what they've done wrong, but considering what I see they are actually trying to do and not letting the past corrupt my view of the present is what makes me different (you know that whole "hero" thing people want to be as is the theme of this game). Not to mention I understand that development is not something people can snap their fingers and make happen, especially with companies that need money to function. Again I point to the costume contest which started on the 4th of April and the costume was delivered on the 12th of June, that's a little over 2 months and that included waiting for the contest to finish, then for them to concept and design the model in the creator. These aren't things companies do if they have no interest in the game and seeing it progress, and certainly not something if they planned to do nothing with the game, especially since paying an artist is actually part of the equation there.

Constantly saying the game has nothing going for it is seriously flawed. Cryptic has no reason to keep the game open if that was the case. CN would not be hiring if that was the case. I doubt there would have even been a subscription sale if Cryptic saw nothing in Champions and had no plans for it, and certainly would have actually killed it off.

But I get it, you don't like the game, but really, trying to say you don't have a vendetta when you actively tell people not to play or pay without letting them make up their own minds is very thin.

Just like you ignore what people are saying about this game, when have I ever said this game has nothing going for it? No where, I state my opinion which as far as I know I can still do that here. I can say the same thing about you being a fangirl, this arguing is not going anywhere.

And your wrong again about the vertical leveling, the head producer did pull it from issue 9 but it will be in issue 10.

The few people that ignore what I had to say told me literary within 2 weeks of playing they should have listened to me. Also where have I ever said I don't like this game, just like City of I didn't like the direction of the or in this case no direction, so after you little rant about the secret world being grindy you quit that game yes? If you where on their boards you might have gotten a good responds from the community and maybe their devs would lower the grind abit. I am assuming you no longer play it, I also assume if you really did play you had friends and family ask about, what would you say? Try it? How about when they ask what it is like, you would give your opinion.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    No, I am not wrong. The enhancement system was promised as horizontal progression. It was not, it's evident you are just skimming. The Enhancement system added even more power onto your abilities which means verticle progression.

And yes, you have said nothing has actually happening. In fact it was one of your most recent posts. Here let me show you;

So what are you going to tell me, that I am taking your meaning out of context in that?

And I actually do give my opinion. My opinion I give verbatim is simple; "I enjoy the game, it might not be for you. They are currently climbing out of a rut they were in and looks like they are getting their feet back under them, but probably going to be a bit longer before we see any meaningful content updates since it's a brand new team. I am wagering the Fall at the earliest, though it could be later. Try it if you like, you might enjoy it but you may have to wait a bit before you see anything new."

Hardly sounds like I am fangirling. Want to know what I say about The Secret World? Well too bad, here it is; "I enjoyed the story of it, and the fact it had much better voice acting than TOR ever did, however the darkity dark oppressive atmosphere of the game can be a bit of a downer and draining as a player as it hardly ever feels like a happy moment happens, not enough tension breakers in an overly dark and dreary world. The combat is clunky and some of the mission mechanics are horrid, but over all can be an enjoyable experience, though some of the investigation missions can feel insulting at times. I play it off and on, the content updates haven't been to my liking. You might like it however because it actually has a lot of real world drama involved, though customization is kind of lacking, but still better than most MMOs."

In fact most of my statements for other MMOs typically have the same tone. If I don't like it I just say I didn't like it but they might. And really, posting hyperbole about what people tell you on something we can't confirm is like me going around saying I am going to get me and my 500 friends to cancel their HBO subscriptions because they cancelled a series we liked as some sort of protest.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    No, I am not wrong. The enhancement system was promised as horizontal progression. It was not, it's evident you are just skimming. The Enhancement system added even more power onto your abilities which means verticle progression.

And yes, you have said nothing has actually happening. In fact it was one of your most recent posts. Here let me show you;

So what are you going to tell me, that I am taking your meaning out of context in that?

And I actually do give my opinion. My opinion I give verbatim is simple; "I enjoy the game, it might not be for you. They are currently climbing out of a rut they were in and looks like they are getting their feet back under them, but probably going to be a bit longer before we see any meaningful content updates since it's a brand new team. I am wagering the Fall at the earliest, though it could be later. Try it if you like, you might enjoy it but you may have to wait a bit before you see anything new."

Hardly sounds like I am fangirling. Want to know what I say about The Secret World? Well too bad, here it is; "I enjoyed the story of it, and the fact it had much better voice acting than TOR ever did, however the darkity dark oppressive atmosphere of the game can be a bit of a downer and draining as a player as it hardly ever feels like a happy moment happens, not enough tension breakers in an overly dark and dreary world. The combat is clunky and some of the mission mechanics are horrid, but over all can be an enjoyable experience, though some of the investigation missions can feel insulting at times. I play it off and on, the content updates haven't been to my liking. You might like it however because it actually has a lot of real world drama involved, though customization is kind of lacking, but still better than most MMOs."

In fact most of my statements for other MMOs typically have the same tone. If I don't like it I just say I didn't like it but they might. And really, posting hyperbole about what people tell you on something we can't confirm is like me going around saying I am going to get me and my 500 friends to cancel their HBO subscriptions because they cancelled a series we liked as some sort of protest.

No I mean what I say, however you are misconstruing what is being said I did say this game is in shambles, and I wont apologize for that or anything I have said. Despite what you might think I want Champions to be the best it can; however from what I (as in only me) I do not have a lot of faith in this game (let me say this At the moment) Until it gets the type of updates like Star Trek Online, I will voice my opinion about this game, unlike you I do not sugar coat it, I tell people what they can expect from this game, if they play great if not great as well.

You also missed the point where I said it got pushed back. Funcom said either in issue 10 or later, because it is not ready.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The enhancement system was released. I know I did several of the missions before I just quit. I didn't miss what you said. You skimmed what I said which is that the enhancement system is verticle progression, not horizontal progression as promised, IE adding alternatives to power builds, not just more power on top of it. A better example of horizontal progression to me is actually STO where new gear introduced is actually as strong as old gear but offering alternatives, not becoming must have additions. I can still fly missions in STO with all my Borg stuff I earned and still be competitive against people flying the latest and greatest.

As far as hoping CO will get STO style update, or updates like STO, telling other people not to bother with this game isn't helping. That's the big point you are still missing. STO has a substantially larger player base than CO, it always has. If you want the game to be great, telling people don't bother is akin to playing Russian roulette with a semi auto and wondering why it went off on the first shot. If you want to have that faith then demonstrate it. Because you might have an opinion, but your opinion is much louder than your statement of what you want them to accomplish with the game.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The enhancement system was released. I know I did several of the missions before I just quit. I didn't miss what you said. You skimmed what I said which is that the enhancement system is verticle progression, not horizontal progression as promised, IE adding alternatives to power builds, not just more power on top of it. A better example of horizontal progression to me is actually STO where new gear introduced is actually as strong as old gear but offering alternatives, not becoming must have additions. I can still fly missions in STO with all my Borg stuff I earned and still be competitive against people flying the latest and greatest.

As far as hoping CO will get STO style update, or updates like STO, telling other people not to bother with this game isn't helping. That's the big point you are still missing. STO has a substantially larger player base than CO, it always has. If you want the game to be great, telling people don't bother is akin to playing Russian roulette with a semi auto and wondering why it went off on the first shot. If you want to have that faith then demonstrate it. Because you might have an opinion, but your opinion is much louder than your statement of what you want them to accomplish with the game.

And like I said if I am asked I will not sugar coat, I will tell them what I think about this or what they might expect. As for having faith in this game for myself it has waned to being near non existent.

Remember what you said "Yea, it's called business. And this game gets no help because the playerbase doesn't want it to be helped. "Here is where you put the blame on the playerbase not where it belongs on Atari, cryptic, pwe,. There is a old saying "if they build it, they will come." they have not built anything so no one will stick around for long. If there is no true content such as new permanent missions,, why should players stick around? You say they and I need faith in this game, you might have inside knowledge about what might come down the pipe, but from what I have seen I do not hold out much for the game.

As for your Sto comparison and the secret world, if you truly wanted the best gear would have to work for it, just like you worked for that Borg enhancements, in Sto I'm betting your stronger than I am when I have just a mishmash of purple streamline gear, do I want to invest in the time to get the best gear gear no, because for me it was the journey not the destination.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No I mean what I say, however you are misconstruing what is being said I did say this game is in shambles, and I wont apologize for that or anything I have said. Despite what you might think I want Champions to be the best it can; however from what I (as in only me) I do not have a lot of faith in this game (let me say this At the moment) Until it gets the type of updates like Star Trek Online, I will voice my opinion about this game, unlike you I do not sugar coat it, I tell people what they can expect from this game, if they play great if not great as well.

So wait, you convince people not to play the game, hence saying that it's objectively horrible, meaning having no positive qualities whatsoever thus not worth anyone's time, then later on say that you want Champions to be the best that it can be.

Kind of a contradiction here. On one hand you're saying it's your desire to see Champions flourish but on the other you're saying to others "meh, not worth it". So which is it that you really mean to say?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    jennymachx wrote: »
    So wait, you convince people not to play the game, hence saying that it's objectively horrible and isn't worth anyone's time, then later on say that you want Champions to be the best that it can be.

Kind of a contradiction here. On one hand you're saying it's your desire to see Champions flourish but on the other you're saying to others "meh, not worth it". So which is it that you really mean to say?

If I am asked about this game I wont sugar coat what I think of this game and what they can expect from it. No where in that did I mention this game is horrible and is not worth playing. If they try it they try it.

I am abit different because I can see both sides of the same coin, yes I want to see this game do great, and what is wrong with it. Everyone who is curious about this game I have never mentioned its not worth it, I tell them what I think of it and that is it get boring really quickly and there has not been and real permanent content. Some try it, some don't. I mean what I mean and I can't be more clearer than that.

Last post of the night, been up since 11:00 Am yesterday.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If I am asked about this game I wont sugar coat what I think of this game and what they can expect from it. No where in that did I mention this game is horrible and is not worth playing. If they try it they try it.

But you said that you convince people not to play. That essentially telling people that they should stay away from the game. The only conclusion for doing that is because the game is horrible and not worth playing.
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Could we please not wreck my thread here? My point was actually quite short and to the point. If our neighbors are going to get our stuff then I'd like someone to at least have the forethought to maybe give it to us too....preferably 1st(I'm not going to be picky on how much in advance but in advance alone would nice).

But seriously, everyone go to your happy corners and calm down before this gets locked(if it's not too late, I'd prefer a cleanup myself as opposed to a lock, please).

P.S. And if they're going to get our stuff...I'd like their stuff in return, too. :cool:

P.S.S. We could trade STO's "Tattoo resizing and placement technology" for CO's "Our creator/tailor doesn't suck technology" for starters. :biggrin:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited July 2014

P.S. And if they're going to get our stuff...I'd like their stuff in return, too. :cool:

P.S.S. We could trade STO's "Tattoo resizing and placement technology" for CO's "Our creator/tailor doesn't suck technology" for starters. :biggrin:

I kind of remember another instance were some cool emotes from STO were mistakenly advertise as for CO and later the answer to why not sharing those emotes with CO was basically some issue with the STO IP owner.

One could think that owning Champions PnP IP would be an advantage but it has led Cryptic getting away with many things that usually IPs does not allow.

In terms of the other argument, I am not convince with the explanation about STO players saved STO, but I don't have strong evidence to dispute it either. My concern is that for the sake of the survival of CO, features like costumes and vehicles has taken a huge proportion of the development while actual content releases has been reduced in frequency and complexity. From businees point of view makes sense in the short term.

I just hope this game won't go to the route of a Costume Contest Online, a way in which not so few people has characterized CO to me.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Could we please not wreck my thread here? My point was actually quite short and to the point. If our neighbors are going to get our stuff then I'd like someone to at least have the forethought to maybe give it to us too....preferably 1st(I'm not going to be picky on how much in advance but in advance alone would nice).

But seriously, everyone go to your happy corners and calm down before this gets locked(if it's not too late, I'd prefer a cleanup myself as opposed to a lock, please).

Well to be blunt your point is overshadowed by two simple facts; player base size (both STO and Neverwinter have substantially more) and resources (again Neverwinter and STO have substantially more thanks to player base size). We can change that to by doing the same and getting Champions more players playing. And going by the backlash the last time they tried I doubt they are either going to give us free emotes the other two games have to work or pay for.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Sidenote here: I'd kill for the ability to resize and position tattoos, but with emblems.

Yeah, out of all of that arguing, THAT is what I latched on to. O_o

Aside from the fact that Spar's logic about the funding is really really hard to argue. 'course, I buy so much zen that the pwe zen page is in my top 9. I might be biased.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Sidenote here: I'd kill for the ability to resize and position tattoos, but with emblems.

Yeah, out of all of that arguing, THAT is what I latched on to. O_o.

Ditto

Ditto ?

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well to be blunt your point is overshadowed by two simple facts...

Let me stop ya right there for a second. My point is the original post and the one that matches the thread title. It is, however, easy to "overshadow" it if you stretch beyond that simple little idea and into larger pictures. This was, originally, to be about the Juggling Emote which some lil mime NPC has been standing near the powerhouse doing since 2010.

While it would be nice to expand into things like content, campaign zones for CO, Reputation/Boon/Alternate Advancement Systems for CO, and Seasons...I think this is where your counterpoints and opinions come into the equation. Quite simply put, your points are more for the counters to this whereas my point was a much much smaller fish by comparison. So let's dial the conversation back a step or 4 is what I'm saying and talk about CO Assets which have been converted and given to the NW playerbase before the playerbase of the game in which they originated. In a much smaller focused nutshell I'm thinking more in the lines of this fictional conversation.

NW Dev: Hey, let's do court jesters who can juggle for the anniversary.
    X-CO Dev: Hey, I've seen an emote we could use for that from my time on CO.
    NW Dev: Perfect, we can just expand that into being usable by the players and give it to them.
    CO Dev: Hey....if you're going to do that then could you please send me a copy of your work and I can put it in CO so those players can jump through a few hoops here and there and get their own.
    All Devs: Excellent, then we can give something to two games which came from CO and will make more people happy.

Sure, this is an oversimplified scenario and would imply that Cryptic has internal communications which their past(Cryptic, not Cryptic North) would kinda hint is a stretch...but it's just an example to further illustrate where I'm coming from on this particular topic.
    ; player base size (both STO and Neverwinter have substantially more) and resources (again Neverwinter and STO have substantially more thanks to player base size).

NW also brings in more profit due to, and I am not making this up, people buying between 100-4000+ keys at a time and speed opening lockboxes in a way to both predict and "beat" the system of their lockboxes for "fun" and profit. I would argue both that this is an extremely odd thing to see in a MMO(at least in my experiences) and that CO would sell more lockboxes if the "useless junk" in the CO Lockboxes were at the very least up to the level of the "useless junk" in the NW and STO lockboxes. From my observations and opinion, if you "lose" on a CO lockbox...you get less in terms of useful stuff than if you were to "lose" on a STO or NW Lockbox.
    We can change that to by doing the same and getting Champions more players playing. And going by the backlash the last time they tried I doubt they are either going to give us free emotes the other two games have to work or pay for.

This very small bit here brings up so much to discuss. How many players have you convinced to both play and/or return to CO based on the additions of the past few years? I'm not here to argue whether these additions were made or not but that such a simple statement about us, the players, bringing in the players because I have friends on the outside who used to play CO looking in and while some of us vets do like Holoforce and Fire & Ice those players look at the game and immediately ask,"So...how's the perminant playable content coming along?" If I take the path you have illustrated in this thread, which is one I actually really really want to believe, then your answer basically boils down to,"Patience Young Grasshopper...we think it won't be long now," to which they reply,"Ok...WHEN?" Cryptic North has raised the bar and they may very well turn out to be the "Saviors of CO" that myself and I am guessing others hope they will become...but Cryptic has left a sour taste in the mouth of x-players who have played this game in the past with all the "Soon(tm)" talk which rarely ever panned out that much. Alot of X-players I have spoken with told me they would buy into LTS and join me....if the content showed up. It's that classic circle we keep coming back to and I do not believe I speak alone when I think Cryptic dropped the ball and should give CN the ability to extend the olive branch with something that will get attention and bring people back.

I, personally, say I'd like to see an aggressive attempt to bring back old players and encourage new players but that the playerbase needs some tools for this task like....

1. Streamlined Creation needs to DIE IN A FIRE. One of the three main pillars of this game is that creator/tailor. Some things were removed to sell back to the froobs like the Variety Pack and, hey, I'm fine with that BUT locking out options on one of your strongest features for 10 levels...that's amputating your leg before you shoot yourself in the foot.

2. Bring back the demo/refer a friend program. Before the website transferred to ARC this page actually came back for a short bit and it was hinted that they wanted to go back to this practice and I, personally, say that's a GREAT idea. You want to sell Gold Subs, LTS, and FF Slots then you give people a chance to taste the FF. You show them what they're missing. You get the playerbase involved with the AF and Costume Slots for referrals so they go out and bring you the new players. Show the new players that CO can be played either as a froob with an AT or what is possible, in a limited dose, if they want to invest a little more cash.

3. Cryptic North adds CO's 1st Campaign/Reputation Zone with a Rep/Boon/Alternate Advancement System(The more you think STO and the less you think NW, the better IMO). The design of such a zone isn't a full blown lvl x to lvl y thing but is a more smallish-medium sized zone with the projects/tasks/assignments to both advance your heroes without the need for a pointless lvl cap increase. It adds time sinks, cash sinks, dailies, and because of the overall design all but garantees it will take you X amount of time(a little less if you more aggressively make use of the 20 hour timer but not much) per player per toon to complete and won't be burned through in a weekend by the hardcore. At this stage in the game I honestly believe that to break the "We need more content, well we need more players paying us" cycle that Cryptic/CN/PWE needs to make the 1st step. I know that if I'm given this I will not only be happy and play but I will have the leverage needed to get alot of my friends back into CO.

4. Send out the very simple mass email to all players and X players which doesn't use odd terminology but spells it out in pure black and white with the email subject "THE CONTENT HAS ARRIVED." Then bundle that with an "Event"(I use this word but it's kinda it's own one time thing so follow me here on this one a sec) where all past players who were Gold have access to their toons for 1 weekend to look at the new stuff...then have that Gold/FF Slot/LTS Sale when there's something to better movitave people to take advantage of it.

So, while I do somewhat agree with Spar's opinion that we should attempt to bring people to the game that we love and still play I also add onto the equation that steps like the ones I outlined above would provide us, the playerbase, with the necessary tools to make that happen.

As usual, to anyone who read this...thanks. I know I'm longwinded from time to time but...Cross happens. Until next time. :wink:
    2s9bzbq.jpg