test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance Tomorrow 6/26 7 AM PDT (Completed)

dwightmcdwightmc Posts: 95 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Super News Network
Hello Champs,

We'll be performing maintenance tomorrow 6/26 at 7 AM PDT.

The estimated downtime is 1.5 hours, but may be extended due to unforeseen circumstances.

We have Patch notes!

Gold Bonus Vendor:

- July's bonus costume piece (the Liberty Crown) has been added and will appear on July 1.

Bug Fixes:

- Lockbox Bonus Card series no longer count toward your mission limit.
- Serpent Lantern: Draconis no longer drops boxes of Questionite.

We'll keep you updated here during the maintenance.

- Dwight

(Update 1- 8:06 AM PDT) Just running through some final checks, should be done pretty soon if all goes well.
(Update 2 - 8:30 AM PDT) Maintenance has completed. Welcome back Champions!
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I thought we' scared you off when we got a laughing wendy. Hmm have to try harder, how about we drive you sane?
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • dwightmcdwightmc Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    I thought we' scared you off when we got a laughing wendy. Hmm have to try harder, how about we drive you sane?

Lol no, im still around to take care of Maintenance and such. Just switched community manager roles a bit. :)
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »

Can exploit fixes really be considered as Bug Fixes? Doing every bunker to find out that Draconis' doesn't drop a Q box categorizes as a bug.

You could have just removed the extra mob to fix the exploit. Now THAT would be a bug fix while still keeping the Q box drop per Bunker. This change only makes Adventure Packs less rewarding as a whole.
  • voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Can exploit fixes really be considered as Bug Fixes? Doing every bunker to find out that Draconis' doesn't drop a Q box categorizes as a bug.

You could have just removed the extra mob to fix the exploit. Now THAT would be a bug fix while still keeping the Q box drop per Bunker. This change only makes Adventure Packs less rewarding as a whole.

This. The only reason this was farmable at all was because of the minion in the room. Can you tell us the line of reasoning behind removing the Q-box and not the minion, instead?
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    When I look at the Lockbox Card interface it now doesnt show the previous two loyalty stamps I have from last two lockboxes.

I presume they are still there and I dont have to open two more boxes?
    edited June 2014
    voyagersix wrote: »
    This. The only reason this was farmable at all was because of the minion in the room. Can you tell us the line of reasoning behind removing the Q-box and not the minion, instead?

Its because fixing a loot table it easier than editing a mob.
  • maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    BUG: The timer for the alerts queue is broken. It's always on zero.
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Apparently they decided that the only enemies that drop boxes of questionite should be nemesises...so yeah, the fact that Draconis still did in whiteout was not intentional on their part and therefore a bug.
    edited June 2014
    blarg, I meant serpent lantern...

sometimes my brain does one thing while my fingers do another.
    edited June 2014
    is it just me, or is anyone else not seeing graphics for the vibration aura in the c-store?
    edited June 2014
    xydaxyda wrote: »
    Apparently they decided that the only enemies that drop boxes of questionite should be nemesises...so yeah, the fact that Draconis still did in whiteout was not intentional on their part and therefore a bug.

Then what about Viper X, Freon, the Serpent's Lantern, Jack Fool, the Left Hand, and every boss in Whiteout and Aftershock?

They removed the Draconis questionite box exclusively because you could keep fighting him and getting a q box without having to reset the instance.

The whole thing earlier about making only nemesis drop boxes was because Whiteout had a bug that would give each player a q box times the number of players on the team for each boss (around 20 Q boxes in total). The whole incident of making exclusive to Nemesis dropping a box for each was because they don't have time or know how to fix the drop tables in the game the right way.

If they did we wouldn't have to farm the longest, grindy mission in the game 700+ times for a chance at the rarest drop in the game. Aside from the Tsunami which is now 1/7000+ because they don't want players being able to farm for a free vehicle.
  • luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Yep. He's the odd one out with a minion next to him and now he's also the odd one out that doesn't drop a Q box.

Removing the minion would have been a much better choice because it fixes the exploit and doesn't detract from the meager amount of reasons left to run Adventure Packs.
    two lines of plain text
    the best kind of signature
    edited June 2014
    In that case it seems I was misinformed, I appreciate the correction.
  • ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    Perhaps we can get the reward for finishing them increased significantly? I think 5000 questionite for completion would make it worthwhile again, and unlike the q boxes, you can only run an AP to completion 4 times a day, it won't be abused by farmers.

I'd say 4k Qnite would be a better option if you were to really reduce Qnite box drops. 4,000Q is half of the daily refine limit (for most people) of 8,000Q, or one-fourth of people who can refine up to 16,000Q a day. Keep the fractions more uniform and whatnot :P
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    xydaxyda wrote: »
    blarg, I meant serpent lantern...

sometimes my brain does one thing while my fingers do another.

By the Hammer of Blargh! :biggrin:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    All I'm saying is: we need more reason to do APs and comics. Not less.

An xp per completion of an area boost, or something. Right now they're the *lowest* method of xp gain in the game. The G isn't really worth it. The Q is slowly getting beaten up. The drops aren't anything special (and only a bit of rare, mostly in resistance). The story? Yeah, that's good. But that'll only take people so far.

I'm even good with the Q stuff getting a nerf. But if we're gonna keep losing things from em, at the least a G boost and XP boost would even things out and make it an alternate leveling path for those areas you don't feel like quest grinding. Or, you know, after your 2490345870897th grab alert.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited June 2014
    perhaps if they added them to patil in some way, earn more silver champs rec from them at least. not ideal but could be another way for people to gear up.
  • petrix101petrix101 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2014

And next patch will be?Something like:

-Unlimited Questionite Ore refine per day

-Questionite no longer drops in-game

Have a nice day,Champions!

Seriously? This game sucks *Confirmed*
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    the Q exchange gives you an opportunity to get game currency ingame.
    It does NOT guarantee it.
    It certainly doesn't guarantee you getting as much as you want, easily.
    Too many people seem to think it means, as much as I want, easily.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So can we just remove questionite from everything except lockboxes now and get it over with? You know you want to.

Snark never dies.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    what about having them grant around 20g for finishing at lvl40, rather than the 1g we get now?

That's more like it, imo. You know how long it takes to get 20g from alerts, and hell. We can't even use the APs for good q during q hour, because they're more story than fight. Barring aftershock, of course. Army of One farming during q hour is *awesome*.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine