test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20140602.10 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PTS - The Archive
This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 11:30am, 6/24/2014

You can find release notes for previous unreleased PTS patches by using the link(s) below:

FC.31.20140602.8

Release Notes for FC.31.20140602.10:

Preview:

• Added the Liberty grav bike to the Debugger.

• Added the Vibration Aura pack to the Debugger.

• Added July's Gold Bonus costume piece (the Liberty Crown) to the Gold Bonus Vendor.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I am almost afraid to see what The Vibration Aura looks like and what it actually does...here's hoping..

Liberty Bike

LibertyBack_zps9859d9d6.png

LibertyFront_zpsa6f9b0f7.png

Definitely looks patriotic enough, just needs an eagle on the front :wink:

Query: Is it meant to only have one weapon? It is a MK 2 Vehicle and a seven slot vehicle...just wondering.

Vibration Aura

VibrationMentella_zps5ffaccda.jpg

Only posted a full body pic...it looks interesting. I was thinking that the aura might cause some actual distortion to the physical character rather than this.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    BUG: Vibration Skin Aura is odd since it only works on everywhere BUT the mid section..

d8392ccc-d4cb-4f94-8a4d-a48c5420fdbc_zps8dc692a3.png
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    can you make the liberty crown a top accessory instead of headwear. it would be better for costume making
  • Options
    stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    azX9ugt.gif
    The timing is not 100% accurate on this gif, but the in-game aura definitely gives off the speedster moving-too-fast-to-see effect seen in some superhero animations. :3
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    And i hope the Flag Speed doesn't get stuck in your bag. Like 2 previous ones....
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    19LvJoK.gif
    With the Vibration Skin. Sorry for the quality. The skin actually makes me a little nauseous watching it, and I don't mean that in a snarky way. The back and forth motion does it. Too many fishing trips on the open ocean as a kid. But I'm really sensitive so YMMV.
  • Options
    luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The bike I've been asking for all this time is finally in!

...And has 7 slots and no 10% bonus... :(

Fits the z-store vehicle M.O. of looking pretty nice but being gimped just enough that it won't be worth spending 15 bucks on.
    two lines of plain text
    the best kind of signature
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Nice! Thanks for the gifs, Stellario.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    6l7WoXe.gif

Please add glow to color 2 (yellow here). :3 I love the Americana kitsch and the fact that it might also look good as part of an armored costume.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    Nice! Thanks for the gifs, Stellario.

No problem. I just legally licensed photoshop a few days ago. You know know what they say, "when you've got a hammer everything looks like nails."
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    No problem. I just legally licensed photoshop. You know know what they say, "when you've got a hammer everything looks like nails."

:biggrin:

Liberty Crown looks good as well. Perfect as a misfit-toy type costume part, I can see getting some use out of it.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    BUG: Vibration Skin Aura is odd since it only works on everywhere BUT the mid section..

But then it would be the hyper twerking aura. :O
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I really like the vibration aura sound effect. But no doubt people are going to complain about it. Mind making the sound effect radius smaller so I don't annoy others and still get to keep the sound effect?

Vibration head aura obscures the head too much from how dense it is.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Pass on the bike. That shape was cool the first like 4 we saw, but eef. I'd even almost prefer an eaglewing. Keeps the theme, dontchaknow?

Really hoping this ain't the new lock box. Literally none of it interests me.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    monsterdaddymonsterdaddy Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If this Bike is going in a Lockbox I don't know how you could NOT do it as an 8 slot with 10% bonus.
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Pass on the bike. That shape was cool the first like 4 we saw, but eef. I'd even almost prefer an eaglewing. Keeps the theme, dontchaknow?

Really hoping this ain't the new lock box. Literally none of it interests me.

Generally speaking, lockboxes are released to the PTS with all contents on deck. All we've got at this point is a bike, and maybe some aura bit...but the aura bits are in the style we get for C-store packs, not the one off we get for lockboxes. Further, a gravbike in a lockbox would have the 10% bonus lockbox vehicles have...and probably some better toys than a single weapon.

TLDR. The stuff in this patch is probably for the C-Store, not a lockbox.

On an unrelated note:

Finally, we're getting the red white and blue bike! I've been waiting like...2 years for this. Very cool.

Is there any chance we're going to be seeing the stars and stripes tights set too? I know it was added to the PTS some time ago, but its never made it to live. Now seems an ideal time to bring it in.

I'm also loving the vibration auras. Aside from the aforementioned graphical glitch, they look very shiny, and should suit my speedster well.

Funny actually, that my patrioticly themed Speedster, Minuteman, is so well served by the patch. Pity I can't test any of it out on him, because the transfer page doesn't work with him because of transfer limits.
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Afraid I have to agree. The widow is my least favorite of the vehicle chassis to date. It looks like a ripped off Star Wars speeder bike. It's neither real world bleeding edge tech like the X-Men Blackbird, nor deco coolness lke the Bat vehicles, nor some crazy thing that looks like it was designed by Jack Kirby. When a vehicle's look fails those three criteria, it really doesn't fit the look I want in game, despite the Liberty having a pretty nice paint job.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    They could stuck big white Stars on the bike. Make it a bit more different and unique.
    Or make it the shape of Torch of Lady Liberty.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    lordgar wrote: »
    This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 11:30am, 6/24/2014

You can find release notes for previous unreleased PTS patches by using the link(s) below:

FC.31.20140602.8

Release Notes for FC.31.20140602.10:

Preview:

• Added the Liberty grav bike to the Debugger.

• Added the Vibration Aura pack to the Debugger.

• Added July's Gold Bonus costume piece (the Liberty Crown) to the Gold Bonus Vendor.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
    Bug
    Where it happens
    What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.

Please add the new hideout rooms and a UI to save the settings
    Psi.
  • Options
    ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    They could stuck big white Stars on the bike. Make it a bit more different and unique.
    Or make it the shape of Torch of Lady Liberty.

The Statue of Liberty's torch as a Melee Weapon. Bang. Make it so.
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.