test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dear Cryptic, do something about harrassment before I shame you into it please.

gradiigradii Posts: 11,716 Arc User
The same animal who's been harrassing me for months is at it yet again. I have no more patience.

I've sent multiple tickets with video evidence and no action taken no responses but the automatic one.

If this does not end VERY soon I am ready to take this story to Massively/Other MMO online magazines to shame you into action.

I have multiple witnesses to this nonstop behavior of one animal dedicated to destroying my game experience.

Put an end to this madness before the world learns just how rampant cyberbullying is here, and how nothing is done to end it.

This has gone on for months. its time it ended.

see this thread for a bit more reference.
Post edited by gradii on

Comments

• guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I stopped by and yes indeed an individual was harassing and bad mouthing her in zone.

PS: My keyboard died just after I got there and all I could do was jump.
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'd like to know who this person is via PMs if you can. I'll do my part in the community to protect one of our own.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    um thats nice but its not gonna make my point, my witnesses will. just stopping by once doesn't even begin to touch the scope of this. this has been ongoing for MONTHS.

I agree, but sadly I wasn't party to other instances, all I can claim is that I witnessed it this time. And I wasn't impressed with his actions. But I have no ability to do anything except report him.

Also, I think you might have ignored me. Not sure. I got in between you and the griver/stalker.
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well now that I know who they are, they are keeping their reputation strong. I have them on ignore myself and I spread the word out to a few and they all say the same thing how bad they are.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Gradi; let's not blame this on Cryptic as a whole.

That being said:

GM Navi- I'll be on the phone with your billing dept shortly. I don't imagine it will take more than 3 or 4 phone calls before PW realizes I can leverage my spending against your take home pay and amount of work put in.
  • megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Huh I had a friend who was harrased recently themselves..But i doubt it was the same person but please send me a messege as well so i can let some folks know.
    edited June 2014
    what I mean is how can they keep this GM on the job when he never DOES his job?

Just got off the phone w/ billing. I'd bet good $ he doesn't have a job come monday.
    edited June 2014
    I'm not overly concerned with who his replacement will be frankly. Apparently this person is in game (pw has record of him, I've only heard of him) but doesn't take his job seriously. At this point a wooden scarecrow planted in the middle of rencen would do a better job.
    edited June 2014
    Gradi I will be speaking with a live customer rep w/in the next 24 hours, for reference and context they would like any and all information, so if you would be so kind as to forum mail me any more detailed info, it would be helpful.

**edit

this is odd. they can't find similar reports.....I would have thought that on some level, however miniscule, they would have been aware of it. They are not.
  • oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Don't be ***holes. Learn to ignore crappy trolls. I do this very well versus one Luci.
  • ajanusajanus Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Agreed. Ignore. Move on.

NOTHING in Zone chat is worth the time it took to type...and if everyone ignores this person, no one will even read what he writes.

Making threads to address the situation has already given him the satisfaction he was looking for in the first place.

Just be done with it.

Remember: Half the people you know are below average...

Do not correct a fool, for he will hate you for it. Correct a wise man, for he will appreciate you for it.

Don't be like the Qularr. They would not last one round in the Interstellar Galactic Arena...

Handle @brayv
    edited June 2014
    ajanus wrote: »
    Agreed. Ignore. Move on.

NOTHING in Zone chat is worth the time it took to type...and if everyone ignores this person, no one will even read what he writes.

Making threads to address the situation has already given him the satisfaction he was looking for in the first place.

Just be done with it.

Quite likely. Let this be the last.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    oobtree wrote: »
    Don't be ***holes. Learn to ignore crappy trolls. I do this very well versus one Luci.
    ajanus wrote: »
    Agreed. Ignore. Move on.

Just be done with it.

Here we go again. Gradii already has this guy on ignore, and has had him on ignore for months. There have been stretches Gradii hasn't posted a damn thing about this guy because of the standard "feed the troll" mantra.

Problem is, this guy is not a troll. He's by definition a cyberbully and stalker. Ignoring him has not worked, and there's a plethora of witnesses to this guy's antics.
    edited June 2014
    Here we go again. Gradii already has this guy on ignore, and has had him on ignore for months. There have been stretches Gradii hasn't posted a damn thing about this guy because of the standard "feed the troll" mantra.

Problem is, this guy is not a troll. He's by definition a cyberbully and stalker. Ignoring him has not worked, and there's a plethora of witnesses to this guy's antics.

This x1000

Navi and his "love" source are not long for the CO world.
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Gradii, are you using the PWE Support links, or the in-game ticketing system?

The in-game system hasn't worked in ages as far as I can tell, things sent there just fall into the ether or something. Use the PWI Support links for all ticketing needs.
    edited June 2014

Is that the cyberbully getting his **** kicked over and over?
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited June 2014

How ironic.
  • tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Ah, so that's who it is. Duly noted.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited June 2014
    How ironic.

Edit: Wait, I seem to have been informed that I've guessed the wrong one. Hm.

Well, I'll keep my eyes glued. Thanks for sharing that.
    edited June 2014
    Unglue your eyes Hellfire.

It'll play out something like this (provided everyone acts in a professional manner);

He stops the abuse. We move on.

Cryptic can decide (in an incomprenhesible pr maneuver) to ignore it, hoping against hope it goes away.

Either way, I'd be really surprised if this wasn't resolved by early monday morning of next week.
    edited June 2014
    Prepare to be potentially surprised if previous inaction on this issue is to judge from.
    edited June 2014
    Prepare to be potentially surprised if previous inaction on this issue is to judge from.

Duly noted and ready.

((doubt it though, when we were talking potential value lost vs the persistence of this ridiculous situation)).

I will bet you 10 globals this is fixed by monday.*

*edit by close of the business day. I'm not a bloody miracle worker, give it a couple days. Monday is the deadline, action may take place sooner.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited June 2014

A person that can keep creating accounts won't matter. Not to mention Gradii constantly proving to take the bait for the annoyances and making these threads just incites it further. I can guess who it is, they tried bugging me for 15 minutes before they got bored and moved on.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    the problem is that I didn't "feed the troll" for far longer than 15 minutes. I only started bringing attention to this when it became absolutely clear that this situation cannot be solved by ignoring the behavior.

but, I know you, and how you love to attack me and everything I say, you wont care what I tell you. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Honestly, you don't know me, and you take any counter point as an attack Gradii. Plus I've seen how you act. Even though certain people you duel ad nauseum to their annoyance at end, you have made yourself a target, regularly, and you demonstrate that you take the bait, constantly, by making these threads. You never, ever listen, and you hate being wrong. It's as simple as that.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'd have more sympathy if I didn't keep getting tells from my friends and acquaintances telling me to talk to you, when I made it very clear that I wanted to be left alone. I'm still trying to find that forum ignore feature, and I'm flat out sick of having to play nice when I explain the tell-bombs and rants I'd get every time you'd feel slighted by something I was even tangentially associated with. I know a thing or 2 about harassment right now, and if this seems out of left field? I got another pm (again against my wishes to be left alone) asking me to jump in here. Wish granted, this is my irritated yet polite face.

You know what trolls seek? Hissy fits. Histrionic meltdowns. The lulz. And you provide it in spades, when you post like this. It obviously has you very agitated, which I've said a few times, IS THE ENTIRE POINT OF WHAT HE'S DOING. That's not to say you shouldn't fight it, but this is not the way dazee. Point it out calmly, if you're even capable of that anymore. Emphatically. You can be forceful but polite. Threatening a company is a good way to get banned, but I already mentioned that in the past. Threats and tantrums... Someone has to be the adult here, and you'll find a lot more people have your back if you voice your issues rationally rather than FREAKING THE F*CK OUT.

Not to mention the fact that if you're going to ask for community help, it might be a good idea to not be a **** to half of the people in your own thread. You're not building much community goodwill with the way you're behaving in here. Community goodwill is what you need to fight this.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited June 2014
    I'd have more sympathy if I didn't keep getting tells from my friends and acquaintances telling me to talk to you, when I made it very clear that I wanted to be left alone. I'm still trying to find that forum ignore feature, and I'm flat out sick of having to play nice when I explain the tell-bombs and rants I'd get every time you'd feel slighted by something I was even tangentially associated with. I know a thing or 2 about harassment right now, and if this seems out of left field? I got another pm (again against my wishes to be left alone) asking me to jump in here. Wish granted, this is my irritated yet polite face.

You know what trolls seek? Hissy fits. Histrionic meltdowns. The lulz. And you provide it in spades, when you post like this. It obviously has you very agitated, which I've said a few times, IS THE ENTIRE POINT OF WHAT HE'S DOING. That's not to say you shouldn't fight it, but this is not the way dazee. Point it out calmly, if you're even capable of that anymore. Emphatically. You can be forceful but polite. Threatening a company is a good way to get banned, but I already mentioned that in the past. Threats and tantrums... Someone has to be the adult here, and you'll find a lot more people have your back if you voice your issues rationally rather than FREAKING THE F*CK OUT.

Not to mention the fact that if you're going to ask for community help, it might be a good idea to not be a **** to half of the people in your own thread. You're not building much community goodwill with the way you're behaving in here. Community goodwill is what you need to fight this.

Ok I don't know what kind of beef you guys have, and I frankly could give an s. You are out of order here. There is proof. This is the opposite of "pics or it didn't happen". It happened. Now, calmly, step out of my line of fire please.
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2014

tumblr_mgw1kcCTaW1rfzfxho1_500.gif

I was so waiting for this.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    I'm closing this thread.

The last thread was forwarded to higher ups. I do not have any sort of timeframe or know how they plan to address it.
    I can only suggest to continue to submit support tickets and provide ample evidence (videos, screenshots, etc).
This discussion has been closed.