test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Want to Make Players Happy?

crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
In regards to this post.
We like when players are happy with a service we provide (and I like when my revenue stream is a consistent, happily large number :biggrin:), so we're making the subscriptions a little more valuable for the exact same price.

A silver player is just as important to us, and we'll reach out to them in a number of other ways, but we also want to look out for the gold players and make sure they're enjoying their benefits.

If you wanted to put value into subscribing and staying in the game and wanted to reward players for doing such, why did you remove rewards from the game?

Where is the incentive to play the content available in the game? There was no reason to remove so many rewards from it with On Alert.

Power Replacers, Purple Devices, Special Gear, Unique costumes, flavor text items. Incentive to play the content that has existed since the game launched and used to be there!

A prime example is that no one has YET to go and fix the drop rate of Therekiel Blades and adding Therakiel Sword back in. What is this SHERE laziness?! What is this contempt for players?

Where is the motivation on the devs' part, ON CRYPTIC'S PART, to return lost content rewards of the game?!

Putting that back in should have been a priority. Clean up the mess already. Let us know you are serious in making players happy by bringing lost rewards back into non Alert content. Its already there in the game! Just put it back!

Start giving respect for your CO players as much as your STO and NWO players.

Give players what they want out of their subscription and time by putting that stuff back in the game already!

Here's a great starting point!
Literally 95% of every weapon unlock to ever exist in the game lost because of this!

_
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jedite2012jedite2012 Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well said....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    New players > Old players.

I'd elaborate but I'm sure it's obvious what that means at this point.
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This, absolutely.

Try EARNING your subscription fees instead of bribing players for them.

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    spinnytop wrote: »

Have you considered that putting this kind of stuff back in might draw more NEW and get some of them to actually make it to OLD status? Both groups money spends the same.

Collecting drops was the end-game for many of us.

• Options
    orrynnorrynn Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I agree 100% on what was said. After on-alert I had a lot of extras of the old weapon unlocks. I was handing them out for free, yes I could have made a ton of Gs. But I felt giving to friends and sg members was better. Thing should not be taken away, only added.hand
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    moxiedangermoxiedanger Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As someone who has only been playing since August 2013 (but a paid subscriber the entire time), I was floored when I learned how many of the weapon skins were no longer available in game. I couldn't then and can't now imagine what possible rationale drove their removal. It was irritating to see the defunct options on the (now equally defunct) wiki; personally, I've scrapped several character concepts because of this.

For a game which boasts character creation as its competitive advantage, it seems rather foolish to not only not exploit that, but instead actively restrict it.
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Devs, please listen to this.
    Cryptic already has a tarnished reputation from the playerbase. If you're tired of hearing complains/rants over and over again, the solution is just right in front of your faces. Grant the players the old unlock items back. You'll have less ranting players.

We never understood why it had to be removed. You guys never explained it.
    Can't understand why dev don't listen to playerbase's requests. You only respond when you see a seemingly positive feedback from "new" content.

Is this written on a contract or something?:confused:
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Have you considered that putting this kind of stuff back in might draw more NEW and get some of them to actually make it to OLD status? Both groups money spends the same.

Collecting drops was the end-game for many of us.

What does what I've considered have to do with it? I don't make any decisions over at Cryptic HQ.

No seriously, explain it. This should be hilarious.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What does what I've considered have to do with it? I don't make any decisions over at Cryptic HQ.

I'm gathering that they're assuming you were defending Cryptic's decisions, when it's starting to become apparent (to me at least) that you're merely playing Devil's Advocate.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I love this post. So far I don't think I could stop counting everything wrong in it.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    arimikamiarimikami Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Waits for it...
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    OK will try this in order, early morning for me and brain not awake yet.
    Expanded Devils advocate post.
    when they went to On Alert, gear changed.
    From primary/2 secondaries with a spread of stats up to 5. To primary /1 secondary with up to 3 stats plus mods.

The power replacers/a lot of costumes(not all)/flavour text gear were all the OLD gear.

Crafting changed- from making stuff (despite being told by a lot of people NOT to bother because it was all junk) to mods and fusing

The crafted pieces all went when crafting did.

TO put them back in, they would have to locate all of them and convert all of them to be compatible now, either as straight costume pieces or to new gear.(:smile:They could swap it for some of the crappy mission rewards on MI, from ARGENT on up)

Notice the SHORT list we have in the Drifter gear/costume boxes. This may be the only ones they found easy or were able to convert.

Things like the Therakliel sword/blade are bugs and short be looked at same as any other bug.
    Costumes from Nemcon - same thing, (braindead) were they straight costumes or costume unlocks form gear, depending on which, what they would have to do, in order to put them back.
    In regards to Spinny's post,(expanded slightly)
    1. there may be more new players than old and they DON'T know about these items.

IN regards to Neuraldamage's post,
    2. on the other hand, putting them back in and ADVERTISING them, gives more things for new players to strive for and, may aid in retaining them.

(Mind you, so would getting the wiki installed on ARC, so we can use it, rather than just having a message saying that it is there.
    EDIT: any typos/ grammar errors, correct yourself.I'm working on staying awake
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2014

That's the idea now.

*Take what money they can from old players holding strong to the game out of desperation thinking it will have continuous updates again to gameplay.

* Take what money they can from new players who don't understand what they are truly getting with their purchases. Examples: Auras, Retrain tokens and character conversion.
    Devs, please listen to this.
    Cryptic already has a tarnished reputation from the playerbase. If you're tired of hearing complains/rants over and over again, the solution is just right in front of your faces. Grant the players the old unlock items back. You'll have less ranting players.

We never understood why it had to be removed. You guys never explained it.
    Can't understand why dev don't listen to playerbase's requests. You only respond when you see a seemingly positive feedback from "new" content.

Is this written on a contract or something?:confused:

I'll point out in my original post that it was sheer laziness when completing On Alert.
    I love this post. So far I don't think I could stop counting everything wrong in it.

Thanks for being nonspecific about everything you claim that is wrong with the post. This way you're points can't be refuted, right?

I see nothing but contempt from you for your fellow players when they have real valid arguments against Cryptic's attitude toward its CO customers.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I'm gathering that they're assuming you were defending Cryptic's decisions, when it's starting to become apparent (to me at least) that you're merely playing Devil's Advocate.

Ya basically... kind of. Definitely the part about not defending it.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    edited June 2014

What's the point, you've proven numerous times that you just wouldn't get it. :rolleyes:

• Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tl;dr devil's advocate.

Ever think maybe that'd be REALLY hard to do? We don't even have the same team that removed em, much less the people that implemented them (yet another team) so assuming it'd be like flipping a switch might be a bit off base.

That said? Yeah. I'd like em back. It'd be silly to assume that it'd be an easy endeavor without full knowledge of the code base, but I think it'd be a worthwhile one.

inb4 it becomes drifter boxes and people ***** about that.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    No mention of how On Alert screwed over Hero Games. Shame.

At least fix the HG queue kicking bug :(

On Alert's gift that keeps on givin'. :mad:
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    all the things this post complains about were done by a previous dev team. The team we have now ,Cryptic North, are trying to do great things with the limited resources they have now.
    1. atari was the worst thing that ever happened to this game, they took all the money from this game and spent it on other games, they flooded the market with prepaid cards sold right before PWE took over, also the last LTS sale was a month before they sold it.
    2. Cryptic North actually listens to players, look how fast they made the player designed costume. they also have fixed many things
    3. the base code for this game is a mess, it really should be on the show "hoarders"
    4. constantly complaining and blaming rarely motivates anyone

go ahead and respond afterwards i won't bother replying. I feel posts like this are counterproductive to the future of this game.
  • Options
    luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    At this point I'm holding out hope that they're actually going to do this in a few patches, since the new team seems to be adding lots of old assets in that have been lying around (and we got the harquebus/blunderbuss re-added at christmas, which was nice).

These things being re-added is FAR overdue either way, and as Buxom said simply adding these back in would give players reasons to re-play nearly all of the already-implemented content to unlock the pieces they missed. Bullet Bound for Biselle being fixed/not fixed is great and all, but I've done it once and really don't need to do it again unless it gets the reward put back in.

(Also Qwyjibo needs his action figure re-added and Cursed Dragon needs to be put back into Bunker Buster >:I)
    two lines of plain text
    the best kind of signature
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    oobtree wrote: »
    No mention of how On Alert screwed over Hero Games. Shame.

At least fix the HG queue kicking bug :(

On Alert's gift that keeps on givin'. :mad:

I only mentioned the intended bits not the
    Random, non standard,bonus effects otherwise known as Bugs.
    I know the ZA queue went from 5mins the day before on alert, 1hr on start day, unknown the next week.
    the acclaim sellers stopped and we had SCR sellers for about a month until, everyone worked out they could get the stuff easily.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ZA and BASH are the only HG modes that work fine. That is to say, they do not suffer the queue kicking bug. Ut takes so long to pop because people aren't communicating enough when they want to play. That's why it's helpful to be in the copvp channel so you can ask more to queue.

Speaking of which, if anyone wants to get an invite to copvp chat, send me a pm.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Finding and isolating the costume pieces that are tied to the gear is as easy as finding out the name of the costume pieces in the tailor, then tying the unlock code with that costume piece name to a new piece. They did it with a certain couple of costume pieces for Christmas. No doubt they've done it with the rest by now.
    jasinblaze wrote: »
    go ahead and respond afterwards i won't bother replying. I feel posts like this are counterproductive to the future of this game.

Not complaining about it at all is even worse.
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    is as easy as

I'd say those are famous last words but the people that tend to say it aren't the ones that have to do it.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited June 2014
    I have nothing against the good vitriol-filled complaint here or there... Keeps ones sharp and everything.

But writing the same complaints for a bazilion time, as it happends here, repeated by various people ad infinitum... Is kinda waste of time and pixels. And quite repetitive.

I'm rather sure that both developers and the management got the message long time ago, and now they're just skipping threads. :tongue:
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have nothing against the good vitriol-filled complaint here or there... Keeps ones sharp and everything.

But writing the same complaints for a bazilion time, as it happends here, repeated by various people ad infinitum... Is kinda waste of time and pixels. And quite repetitive.

I'm rather sure that both developers and the management got the message long time ago, and now they're just skipping threads. :tongue:

Or if you believe some people, these threads aren't being made at all. :wink:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I'd say those are famous last words but the people that tend to say it aren't the ones that have to do it.

The people who usually say it, especially specific talented individuals who are players of the game, volunteered to do it and have proven they can.

Its not about how difficult it might be. Its about actually sitting down and doing it.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The people who usually say it, especially specific talented individuals who are players of the game, volunteered to do it and have proven they can.

Its not about how difficult it might be. Its about actually sitting down and doing it.

Volunteering to make the art or concepts is one thing; digging through the code, programming it out, hooking it up, testing it, reiterating, making sure it falls within budgets (like the polygonal and memory budget, not to mention finances), testing again, making necessary changes, attempting to keep it within the flow of the game, getting it out to a public test, getting feedback, taking it back for reiteration and changes again, approving said changes, getting it internally tested, getting it back out to public test, seeing if the final version works.... then prepping the live server for the patch. And that doesn't include any major code updates, bug fixes and other such things that would be involved as well.

But let's not let all that get in the way of volunteer work.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    As a low level bottomfeeder who pretty much spends all his time in Westside, I do miss flavour text on items, and power replacers.

Flavour text added a character to an item: you may even keep a awfully statted item despite its stats because it made you smile, even if was just a mouthspasm!

And power replacers were fun for new character concepts. What's the point of there being a Qularr gun unlock if we can't have globs of biological goop shooting out of it? Doesn't every martial artist want to PUNCH FIRE, and not just for one specific movement? I miss my Stormbringer gloves that randomly applied Fear, that made my older Santa character constantly have naughty boys and girls cower in his cholesterol-laden wake of gadgetry and winter themed sorcery!

(edit: they're still in the game, but they're kind of random to get as easily. Drifter Reward Points are... Not fun.)
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]