test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Therakiels Sword? Will it return?

thepure0nethepure0ne Posts: 57 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Items and Crafting
I have been wondering about this item, will it return. I have run the lair loads of times with no luck, thinking it was still there, but I have givin up. Reply if you know whats wrong.:frown:
Post edited by thepure0ne on

Comments

• crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Therakiel's Sword (Heavy Weapon) was removed from the game when On Alert was put up. For no reason too.

The new Therakiel's Sword (Martial Weapon) has a 1 in 700 average drop chance. The devs did this because they hate us or didn't care. Take your pick.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    thepure0ne wrote: »
    I have been wondering about this item, will it return. I have run the lair loads of times with no luck, thinking it was still there, but I have givin up. Reply if you know whats wrong.:frown:

Ofcourse it will return. Eventually.
    All dead things rise up.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jedite2012jedite2012 Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Therakiel's Sword (Heavy Weapon) was removed from the game when On Alert was put up. For no reason too.

The new Therakiel's Sword (Martial Weapon) has a 1 in 700 average drop chance. The devs did this because they hate us or didn't care. Take your pick.

I guess to stop farming it and play the new content instead?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Yes, the HW Unlock was removed by XXXXX with the creation of On Alert...along with almost every single click upgrade, a ton of costume unlocks, all OM special rewards, and anything that might have been seen as "neat" or "interesting."

The old Therakiel's Sword Power replacer has a ridiculous drop rate because it's actually not a new item. it's a bugged item which was supposed to be in the drop tables the entire time so it was likely, I have no proof due to "archived post", set up by dev XXXXX(different than the previous XXXXX). This is also why some other devs/QA people were seen on PTS with the DB Unlocks and when asked would kid and hint about it being in the game. They thought it was there.

When Vibora Bay went live Therakiel's Temple apparently had 3 things which were supposed to be in the tables that the devs never noticed were not(Therakiel's Sword and 2 pieces of Chapter and Verse). When a random bug from a patch wiped some people's progress into Chapter and Verse(so not amused) it also put these three things back into the game...sadly with the "Old Cryptic Droprates" in regards to the PR.

As hard as this might sound to believe I've actually talked to dev XXXX and XXXXX about these things in the past and I honestly believe there is no maliciousness behind their actions(other actions are a discussion for another time though). Both of them, agree or disagree, thought this was fun stuff or that nobody would notice if a few things were removed since it wasn't a huge deal. Obviously, this was not correct and XXXX is no longer with Cryptic while XXXX is no longer with Champions Online.

This, in a nutshell(perhaps foolishly but only time will tell), is why I want to believe in Cryptic North....because they're not Cryptic.

Meanwhile, over in STO/NW, there's a drinking game with each major patch where you take a shot every time one of their patches comes with an emergency maintenance....or just outright crashes. We might not be in the light yet but I believe we're currently standing farther away from the flames than our neighbors. :cool:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
    edited May 2014
    crosschan wrote: »
    Both of them, agree or disagree, thought this was fun stuff or that nobody would notice if a few things were removed since it wasn't a huge deal. Obviously, this was not correct and XXXX is no longer with Cryptic while XXXX is no longer with Champions Online.

There is way to little content in this game to NOT notice something missing like this! Clearly the devs have no idea what this game is about. And I don't think we can wait for new devs to play through the game to find out. They simply aren't going to know what's missing here.

Start considering looking into your players for help, Cryptic. We all have lists about things that were removed and issues that break the game in general.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Aww, i should have done TT before alerts came...
    I so hope the new devs will bring back the lost costume pieces. I don't mind anymore if it'll be inside a lockbox or in Drifter store. If not, well, I demand a new melee weapon pack!
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There is way to little content in this game to NOT notice something missing like this! Clearly the devs have no idea what this game is about. And I don't think we can wait for new devs to play through the game to find out. They simply aren't going to know what's missing here.

Start considering looking into your players for help, Cryptic. We all have lists about things that were removed and issues that break the game in general.

TT said in a post that they have a large list of everything that is not in the game or that was removed.

What they intend to use said list for is anyone's guess.
  • theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Therakiel's sword still drops, in fact there is a therakiels blade [single/dulablades unlock]
    Therakiel's sword was not a power replacer, it was a costume unlock that dropped, just like his wings.
    it has like a 1% drop rate though
  • almightenalmighten Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've played the temple as many as 3 times a day since vibora bay went live & just cannot believe that it's even available & while I'd like to have it, I'll continue to play TT like mad just cause I enjoy kicking Therakiel in his rocks....the fight is fun, but perhaps to easy. :cool: If it is available; I must just have the worst luck ever still having had it not drop by now. :rolleyes: Oh well; I'll have that sword yet; if it still drops. Game on all!!!
    edited May 2014
    theapygoos wrote: »
    Therakiel's sword still drops, in fact there is a therakiels blade [single/dulablades unlock]
    Therakiel's sword was not a power replacer, it was a costume unlock that dropped, just like his wings.
    it has like a 1% drop rate though

Therakiel's Sword doesn't drop anymore. It just doesn't. Therakiel's Blades (power replacer) drops about once every several hundred runs. Saying its 1% is just underestimating how low the rate is.