test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spread the Word: Storium and Champions!

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited May 2014 in Super News Network
--Update: They made it! Congrats to Storium on raising $251,362, and unlocking the Champions universe setting.--

Champions and Hero Games have always been about the stories -- from the slapstick of Foxbat to the tragic Battle of Detroit, generations of gamers have told rich and meaningful stories in the world of Champions. Help tell more stories in the Champions universe by supporting Storium, a new storytelling game that could include Champions as an official setting!

We're proud to announce that Protagonist Labs is trying to make the Champions setting part of their new game being funded on Kickstarter: Storium - The Online Storytelling Game. Storium wants to invoke that same sense of wonder and splendor you all love, and with their Kickstarter, they hope to make that a reality.

If you're interested in introducing new gamers to Champions, or spreading your heroic adventures to a new format, support their Kickstarter to reach the Champions stretch goal!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stlhood/storium-the-online-storytelling-game
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Less than two hours to make another $9000...
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm always skeptical of Kickstarter projects. It looks, neat, I guess, but I'm failing to understand -how- it will work. (They seem to do that a lot in KS projects.)

Also, annual fees? Eww.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • salutage14xxsalutage14xx Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    * throws potato's to devs* stop destroying the game and promote others!!:mad:
    --> CHIBI[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    A little over an hour and $5000 to go!
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
    edited May 2014
    How is this blip going to promote Champions anymore than Youtube or convention presence will?

Another thing, this is the closest we're going to get to a Foundry on Champions, isn't it?
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't get it. :confused:

Meh.

Will throwing money at this Storium thing get me a new zone to play in Champions, including new missions, powers, costumes, gear drops, etc? Or otherwise new content that doesn't involve Alerts and/or directly tied to Lockboxes/Vehicles? (To be clear, I don't mind Lockboxes, but when I spend money to open them here, I'm not really feeling like I'm getting my money's worth, vs. say when I open boxes in STO.)

Otherwise, what would be the point?
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I doubt it, but it is an enticing thing for those people who are fans of the Champions Universe.

I tossed in my own meager contribution.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They made it to $250,000.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
    edited May 2014
    Its going to be small, but it will help a bit.

Though it may misrepresent what is available in this game in terms of custom story telling.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2014
    How is this blip going to promote Champions anymore than Youtube or convention presence will?

Another thing, this is the closest we're going to get to a Foundry on Champions, isn't it?
    xydaxyda wrote: »
    I doubt it, but it is an enticing thing for those people who are fans of the Champions Universe.

I tossed in my own meager contribution.
    gradii wrote: »
    Does this mean Champs universe gets put into Storium and then people ask, what is this champs universe?

Wee little bit of free advertising?

Sequence of quotes that explain my thoughts on it. This is a great chance for us to get Champions out there in the public consciousness, so yeah, basically free advertising. Plus, this is just a cool idea -- like bridging the gap between Sentinels of the Multiverse and a pen 'n' paper RPG.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2014
    Also -- they made it! Congrats to Storium on raising $251,362, and unlocking the Champions universe setting.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just as a rebuttal to the people who are all "you ruin our game and advertise someone else's":

1: Ruined game? That's an opinion, I'm pretty happy with what CN has been doing. It's not everything I want, but welcome to life.

2: They own the Champions IP. This is *directly* advertising their own product. We're not just an mmo, they own the entire shebang. You wouldn't complain about CoX advertising a spin off comic, would you? Similar situation, here.

I'd just bought my LTS, so I didn't have the money to put into this, but I'm glad it happened. It'd be cool if the interested parties could keep us in the loop about it, I'd kinda like to check it out when it launches.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Grats on being included in another product.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    * throws potato's to devs* stop destroying the game and promote others!!:mad:

How is promting the Champions expansion for Storuim not promting Champions?
    Stop licking the RANDOM THOUGHT TOADS!

Canetoad-thumb-600x405-116807.jpg
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Wait--which type of toad should be we be licking, instead?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • jedite2012jedite2012 Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Time and money should of been invested in something else...like content..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jedite2012 wrote: »
    Time and money should of been invested in something else...like content..

What makes you think time and money was invested? In all likelihood, Cryptic is receiving a small stipend to use the world, and in all likelihood, the Storium people or Jason at Hero will be designing the cards. At best, this requires an extremely small expenditure of time and money, though if I were Cryptic, I might want to find volunteer GMs to start Storium stories based on CO's events at the sam time as they happen in game, encouraging Storium players to log in and play them to see how they play out on the computer.

The people at Cryptic who were most likely involved in this deal were the lawyers who drew up the contracts. And with the exception of Steve Long and Shelly MacTyre (neither of whom work for Cryptic), you really don't want lawyers designing content. :)
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • jedite2012jedite2012 Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    you really don't want lawyers designing content. :)

haha guess not
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Wait--which type of toad should be we be licking, instead?

Didnt you know ima the thought toad police.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    Didnt you know ima the thought toad police.

Do I have to say it?

2FMWj8O.gif?1
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This ins't going to effect Hero Games Champions license, is it?

As long as it's not then I'm happy Cryptic has found a way to make a little bit more money from Champs.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!