test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Demo Record keeps crashing

lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PC & Technical Issues
So recently i've been trying to boot up my files that i've recorded in-game using the /demo_Record (name here) function.

Annnd recently its been crashing, a lot. This is what i input for the command line when i boot up the CO launcher.

-Demoplay (Name of file).demo

Is it something im doing wrong or is everyone's demo_Record function running smoothly? Mines keeps crashing every time i try to run a file.. :frown:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
Post edited by lilsteffie on

Comments

• bobsy26bobsy26 Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes, it does crash a lot. And unless I'm mistaken, it's an unsupported feature, so I wouldn't expect a whole lot of help any time soon. It's a pain, but there it is.
  • luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Where does it crash, exactly?

I was having problems with crashing after the engine started up and was loading the scene, My character would be floating below MC in Westside doing the default T pose before crashing. A friend of mine noticed that the first demorecord you do during a play session usually bugs, so I usually record a nameless throwaway demo before I start recording the actual one, and it seems to have fixed that crashing issue.

I've also noticed that with lots of NPCs and characters around, its best to pause it for a few seconds after you load into the player, to give it time to sort everything out before it starts running through it.
    two lines of plain text
    the best kind of signature
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Welcome to the wild, buggy world of Demo_record.

Backup often.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Where does it crash, exactly?

I was having problems with crashing after the engine started up and was loading the scene, My character would be floating below MC in Westside doing the default T pose before crashing. .

Thats exactly how mine crashes -.-
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The game will put the character at 0,0,0 for a few seconds if it doesn't load fast enough.

It then snaps you to the first coordinate of the script and plays from there.
    Brou in Cryptic games.