test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help:heavy armor costume concept for female HW Demon

exodawnexodawn Posts: 21 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Costumes and Concepts
Hey everybody,

Im currently working on different costumes for my HW character.
On one costume I need help because i dont know how to edit it further.
I simply cant come up with how to edit it, i reworked it many times and now i have a rough base costume but i dont know how to fine tune it. It doesn't look "heavy" enough.

Before I show you the screens:
I want her to still look like a Woman.I dont want her to look like a block or something but at the same time i want her to look like she's wearing a protective armor.She needs to look intimidating, fearsome.
If possible I want her to wear leather armor, not metal but i can live with metal too if you come up with metal-armor ideas.

Tried to use my knowledge on creating heavy armor dudes on her but on female characters everything looks less 'heavy'.Keep in mind, she's a demon. It should be a demonic armor. If someone has screens of good looking demonic armor from other games please feel free to pm me because i really need inspiration.

What I wanted to create was a Demon with some kind of nephilim armor. (mainly because i like the nephilim armor parts).

thats what i came up with:
iwkbwy.jpg

I want it to look more like a heavy armor(though light armor is fine too), i tried changing the pants but then she doesnt look like she's wearing armor anymore. Im experimenting with the pants atm so some screens might be added soon.Also I dont want her to look like a high-tech power armor thingie.
She's only my 3rd armored female character so im not very skilled in making heavy armor females.
Post edited by exodawn on

Comments

• serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If I was generating something for your parameters I would probably go something like the below. Use or ignore as you wish. :)

* I drop a lot of the backing tights because it helps show the orange skin (reinforcing that it is a demon, that it is female, and cutting down on the black a little).
    * Gold / bronze for metals like the shoulder blades since I like bronze with demons.
    * I added some side horns (it is cool how those connect on the top if you max the ear slider, forming sort of a weird counter halo) and some evil shadow tentacle things to push the demon while keeping the armor subtle.
    * For chest layer Serpent Armor looks like it could be leather and doesn't obliterate the waist. Other options: Alien Gladiator Armor / Ancient Armor if you want to maintain some curves but have heavier armor. Dragon Armor Chest works to if you want more subtle yet decorative (though it is metal only).
    * I added a few spikes with the arm accessories and hips, just so the armor looks more evil. :)
    * To avoid the 90s tech leggings, a combo of tall plate boots and upper leg guards. Both those have spike options but I felt that would be overkill. Also the spiked boots of this design didn't have the high heels, which I thought looked better for this.

Gallery_HeavyArmorFemaleDemon.jpg
  • exodawnexodawn Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    She looks kinda great.
    Just by looking at her i got some ideas i want to try out.Orange skin colour also seems like a good idea, will try that out since red is so bright under certain circumstances (especially in MC).
    I like the idea with the tentacles.

For the nephilim stuff I usually make the blades greyish.
    In my opinion your design is a bit too red but its personal taste and it really helped me.

One of the problems I have is, i wanna keep the nephilim neck piece. You can only use it if you dont use chest wear so there's the problem with the Chest area not looking like an armor. Males are bigger, the neck piece and the shoulder pieces are way bigger on males so it isnt that much of a problem for males, but females are different....

Lets see what i come up with, will post it here then.
    edited April 2014
    exodawn wrote: »
    One of the problems I have is, i wanna keep the nephilim neck piece.
    I'm so glad the newer parts they've been adding lately are more category tolerant. :)

With the neck piece still present, some options for Chest Layer armor are:

* Dragon Armor Chest (unfortunately forced metal texture)
    * Nighthawk (a little to tech)
    * 90's Foxbat Chest Piece (a tad light but looks pretty good)
    * Alien Gladiator Armor (my personal favorite and used in the image below)

BTW, since you like the Nephilum pieces (they are pretty stylish) also check out the image below for an interesting combo of "Armor Nephilim Blade Large" for bracers and "Alien Gladiator Gauntlets" for hands that I think looks pretty vicious (and actually is compatible with the Tights & Skin torso required for the neck).

Gallery_HeavyArmorFemaleDemon2.jpg
    edited April 2014
    Sadly the Alien Gladiator costume pieces aren't an option because they're too expensive.
    I guess i'll have to rework her concept then. Maybe not use the necklace, maybe use metal armor.

Well i'll go to sleep and give it some thought.(its 1:45am here). Just sitting there for hours thinking of a good design isnt good.

So if you should come up with something or if you're bored and come up with a Demonic armored female design that contains some nephilim pieces (an no pieces that are expensive) feel free to post it, everything's a help.
    Tomorrow i'll take a look at my notes (i take notes of every idea i have) maybe i'll come up with somethings. I wont give up though.Maybe i'll look through some Demon and Armor pictures on google again tomorrow. This usually also helps.

So feel free to comment and post. Tomorrow when i've worked on her costume a bit i will post what I came up with.

~
    edited April 2014
    Hmm...

One way around the neck / chest layer limitation is to select "Robotic Both Arms" rather then "Tights & Skin" for your torso type. That keeps the nephilum neck as an option and allows Chest Layer to be the following decent options (if you have them):
    * Armor Patterned (the patterns Classic Cybot and Classic Skull would be decent for fantasy armor).
    * Ancient Armor.
    * Dark Armor.
    * Spartan Armor.
    * Power Straps (very leather but bulky enough to look heavy and free).
    * Roin'Esh (very good potential if colored right).

The huge visible downside of this is of course that you have to get the game to cover up the arms so they aren't robotic... Fortunately there are a lot of pieces under "Chest & Arms" that do this:
    * Archer Shirt.
    * Gravitar (Haut Couture is cheaper then it used to be, very stylish, and unlike the other options actually puts actual skin on the arms when doing this, rather then cloth / metal patterns).
    * Robot Samurai (for the way to armored look).

The other ways to hide a robotic arm I can think of are:
    * Scifi Armor under Arm Accessories, though it is very bulky.
    * Extra Long Glove, Long Glove Gravitar, Wedding Glove, Wedding Glove with Ring under Long Gloves: Hands. These four go all the way up the arm covering the robotic arm parts, but remove the option for bracers / cooler gloves.
    edited May 2014
    The Roin'esh chestpiece might look very good yeah.
    I thought of going with the samurai chestpiece without the neckpiece.

Both are c-store so i guess i'll have to invest some money again or wait till i have my free zen fot this month.

I'll experiment with them and then decide which one i'll buy, if i'll buy one of them.
  • themightydorkthemightydork Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think this is all done using free parts (and I know I forgot the gloves AND forgot to save the costume file.. damn. )

demon-armor_zps159f7c95.jpg~original
    edited May 2014
    What do you think about these?
    Played around with the colors a bit.

These Designs are from 2 days ago and i havent worked on the costume again yet

Maybe i'll use the Heroic stance, also maybe i'll remove the long gloves and use nephilim bracers instead.
    I like the boots, they're elegant,look armored and just make her look more beautiful and feminine

On the 3rd screen she's wearing a different mask.

206kcvd.jpg

2q9yp8g.jpg

16kx2ww.jpg

Or her. Im using Shadow Wings so they would replace the cape.
    I could use fire flight and color it darker but i like Shadow Winds better.

2virw21.jpg

btw I like your designs serpine.