test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What annoys me.

highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
What annoys me ? When people leave an alert right at the end because they die once, or twice, just because it's a little hard. When you spent 20 minutes struggling to go through the rooms don't just.. leave. You waste your time and you make the alert even more difficult if not impossible for others. Stop.
Maybe we could get a surrender button where the alert fails for everyone if 3 or more people agree to ? And leaving map would be forgiven.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
Post edited by highreality on

Comments

• Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Now that Jay is gone, I dislike Fallon enough to never watch the Tonight Show again. But he does have good writers - that was funny.
  • Options
    rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i dislike self checkout lines. the second a store gets them they slash the cashier staff to nothing. You are not going to use me as unpaid labor just so you can ncrease the exec's quarterly bonuses a little more from the cashiers you were underpaying anyhow that you now aren't employing.
  • Options
    r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited April 2014

hey you shoulda watch this movie when you get griefed in RP ^^
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited April 2014
    r9xchaos wrote: »
    Hint - throwing witty jokes requires brains.
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am annoyed with all these &$^# snakes on this *$&^# plane!
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    r9xchaos wrote: »

Please stop.

I've lost count how many threads have been derailed because of the "trolling RPers" debate.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What annoys me ? When people leave an alert right at the end because they die once, or twice, just because it's a little hard. When you spent 20 minutes struggling to go through the rooms don't just.. leave. You waste your time and you make the alert even more difficult if not impossible for others. Stop.
    Maybe we could get a surrender button where the alert fails for everyone if 3 or more people agree to ? And leaving map would be forgiven.

On the other hand, i've taken 20 minutes to finish a bank alert with a level 10 & 7,mine was 23 before level gating because the 2 high level characters left. The 7 was a tank and the other ranged. We got killed Lots but we finished.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    On the other hand, i've taken 20 minutes to finish a bank alert with a level 10 & 7,mine was 23 before level gating because the 2 high level characters left. The 7 was a tank and the other ranged. We got killed Lots but we finished.

I got something similar happened to me.
    • Grab Bank Robbery
    • Only 4 Members
    • The LvL 40 player goes ahead and AGRO EVERYTHING on the MAP with Gatling Gun
    • and after Agroing everything... She Left the Alert and left us to deal with it...
      :mad:

Fortunately we managed to reach the Boss and defeat him and while I was playing with a Extremely Fragile FF Archer Build! :biggrin:
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nothing annoys me. For long...

fsharp.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I detest quitters , comic heroes fight to the bitter end no matter what.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited April 2014
    ive no problem if they quit, i just finish the alert alone =)
  • Options
    highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My character was a snake themed character, with blades and night warrior passive. Not really for alerts. I had an inferno, a soldier, and a squishy dark themed freeform with me, all under level 20. It was totally doable, but they kept rushing alone and dying, and after dying once more one of them quit, which got another one to quit, which got another one to quit, which left standing there. True heroes.
    Yes I am capable of smartplay, and I like having to struggle for winning an alert, but sometimes you just can't do it alone.
    I see a lot of subliminal "pfft you wuss you're just not good enough to deal with it" like answers.. The thing is, you're not supposed to leave an alert. If you can duo it, good ! Your characters are strong. But you can't do this with all combinations.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ours wasn't easy, we were killing about 2 people per room each try.till we got to the first vault door, that room it was 1 if we were lucky.

the Boss, we started with the instruction, "last one alive, hide. So he can heal" we just kept cycling people through. Which is why it took 20 minutes to do.
    some builds can manage it solo, others need someone else as Bait. The level 7 was actually quite good as a tank and after I explained to the ranged NOT to constantly run into melee and target the tanks mob. He didn't die as much.

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I dun quit XP alerts unless its AO and the team clearly just lacks the dps to beat shadowfeast w/o Skarn's or trauma, even if I or whoever has aggro blocks the lifedrains and avoids the DEs. AO is usually easy outside of Bursts, but you still need some min dps to even beat it, and you mine as well be watching paint dry if that bar is not met.

I have dragged 1-2 lvl 10-12s through some XP alerts when I was only mid-low level myself after we had rage-quitters. It wasn't fast and simple, but LoS, CC, aggro ping-pong, and copious blocking along w/ heal packs can do wonders when all utilized. A few deaths are still likely to happen in those cases, but in Alerts that's easy to recover from.

Really, just comes down to players not being so skittish w/ deaths. I mean, it hardly matters in Alerts anyways :p
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I only quit Alerts when it's obvious we're getting nowhere (multiple deaths all around far outnumbering foe deaths) and just taking waaaay too much time. Or if I keep wondering why it's so hard, and then notice that it's just me and one other person left. :tongue:

I'm almost never the first to leave, though.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    zemmaxzemmax Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why is it that when I do the daily grab alerts at level 40, people in my team are always in their +30 and when I'm trying to get the exp boost at level 10, others are 10, 13, 12, 15 ???

God dang it!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I get all sorts when I'm on a high level but usually a team of 40's when on a level 10. at about 15 I start getting mixed groups. That includes 10,10,11,13,15.
    before changes 7,7,8,9,11 - the 11 was me. The others were all one SG

Have you turned on your "I need help alarm" to try and attract them to your alert?