What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Costume Contest Commentary

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Holy heck. The ARC voting sure is getting in large numbers.
    And Grrtz to votees. Votees? Is that correct? The ones who we get to vote.
    I love the Kirby Tights. I wish it will have some Cool Kirby Boots, Gloves and Helmets. And Weapons. And Vehicles! :biggrin:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I do want to say Meeda is one of the best artists I've seen in a while. I wouldn't mind seeing their talent utilized more often by Cryptic. I'm not saying 'hire Meeda' (I don't think they live in the US), but certainly their and other talents could be used.

I'd like to see a good chunk of these contestants' entries make it into the C-store. After all, it's us making contributions and fueling the game. The work belongs to Cryptic, and it really shows a good community communication and appreciation.

I guess what I'm saying is 'this is a good idea'.

And we should totally do it again.

...so down for a 'weapons contest'.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    if you use ARC, you can vote for all of them.
    "design a new tailor dummy"

endomorph, ectomorph and mesomorph, for BOTH sexes. with sliders actually where they say they are.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Yea, because the CC pictures are set in the ARC Media, just like rest of the pictures and stuff.
    But who would vote them all anyways....
  • Options
    hexcasterhexcaster Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Welp, I'm done caring about this game's artistic direction.

Are you kidding me, that these are the finalist entries? More random robot bits, tights or yet another weeaboo fantasy female-only costume set?

Can we get confirmation that Cryptic are actually looking to add something NEW or just more of the same? I'd rather have innovation, personally.

I'd have preferred the submissions that included hairstyles which are massively lacking in this game, something to add to a variety of costumes with a bit of versatility to the costume set. As people have mentioned before, two submissions by the same person is hardly fair on any of the other entries and suspicious favouritism.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited April 2014
    chaelk wrote: »
    if you use ARC, you can vote for all of them.

The best part is...

You can also like all entries on the Facebook.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    hexcaster wrote: »
    Welp, I'm done caring about this game's artistic direction.

Are you kidding me, that these are the finalist entries? More random robot bits, tights or yet another weeaboo fantasy female-only costume set?

Can we get confirmation that Cryptic are actually looking to add something NEW or just more of the same? I'd rather have innovation, personally.

I'd have preferred the submissions that included hairstyles which are massively lacking in this game, something to add to a variety of costumes with a bit of versatility to the costume set. As people have mentioned before, two submissions by the same person is hardly fair on any of the other entries and suspicious favouritism.

Calm down, bro.

Thing is, a lot of those items are what people have been asking for. My submission drawn by meeda didn't win, and I was trying to be as versatile as possible.

Who knows, maybe they'll have a round two?

And I'm no fan of anime, either- and I utterly despise gender-specific costume sets. But so far the hologram-ish energy costume is leading on facebook.

It's not 'what I wanted'... but it's something I'll find a use for.

Also, if you're looking for weird things, you should check out the alien hyrbid costume on PTS. So far they just have a mask and some 'tights' (which need a bit of work), but it looks like it's going to be a pretty cool Guyver-type bio-armor (And the mask looks like it could be some kind of weird bone mask).
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    As people have mentioned before, two submissions by the same person is hardly fair on any of the other entries and suspicious favouritism.

Ehe.

Considering my less than stellar posting history and a large can of vitriol carried by me every time when I'm on these boards...

If there was any favoritism involved at Cryptic's side, I wouldn't even made into voting phase. Let alone with two entries at once.

Good thing I did not submit my third concept. I daresay KinkyCyber (TM) tights would rock.

But I'll do it anyway in suggestions subforum as soon as the contest has ended.
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I can live with all of those.

Picking another very niche female-only costume set would be a disaster, no offense to that artist (as it is a cool-looking design). Love both of Meeda's, especially Cosmic Knight, which is awesome. Also love the Holo Armor, maybe my favorite of the bunch because, if done well, it could be the most different from what we already have. The Arachnid set is really cool, but I feel like we already have enough spindly/spiky armors in game.

Congrats to all the finalists, and thanks to the whole community for having awesome ideas. There were very few in that whole thread that I wouldn't have paid for.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    And the FB pictures kind of bomb the desings, since it doesn't show the whole picture. And how many people actually will click thru the links rather than just click the straight for the FB pics.
    Like the Cosmic Knight isn't just Tights.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    I can live with all of those.

Picking another very niche female-only costume set would be a disaster, no offense to that artist (as it is a cool-looking design). Love both of Meeda's, especially Cosmic Knight, which is awesome. Also love the Holo Armor, maybe my favorite of the bunch because, if done well, it could be the most different from what we already have. The Arachnid set is really cool, but I feel like we already have enough spindly/spiky armors in game.

Congrats to all the finalists, and thanks to the whole community for having awesome ideas. There were very few in that whole thread that I wouldn't have paid for.

I agree with the spikiness, we have an absurd amount.

I could have seen a lot of value, however, in a 'spider' themed armor set. A lot of people (myself included) have a soft spot for Arachnos from CoX, and it'd also be a nice way to have a bladed bracer with a sheathed/unsheathed variant.

Oh well, the Holo armor looks kinda fun, I can probably manage something interesting with it...

And also, there should totally be a 'energy/glass/matte/leather/metal option... I can see some INSANE ideas already.
  • Options
    lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I agree with the spikiness, we have an absurd amount.

I could have seen a lot of value, however, in a 'spider' themed armor set. A lot of people (myself included) have a soft spot for Arachnos from CoX, and it'd also be a nice way to have a bladed bracer with a sheathed/unsheathed variant.

Oh well, the Holo armor looks kinda fun, I can probably manage something interesting with it...

And also, there should totally be a 'energy/glass/matte/leather/metal option... I can see some INSANE ideas already.

I honestly voted for the holo set and the jet set as well as my own.

Im sorry about the whole lot of spikes i put into that costume set, i couldn't really think of any other way to do the armor. I also realize the leg and bracer parts as well as the boots are sorta generic, im not that great of an artist.. so i cant really draw that much complicated stuff. :frown:
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I think we have a winner allready.
  • Options
    necratech009necratech009 Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Congratz to all the finalists! I also want to thank the Devs for combining mine and Liath's submissions. I personally think Liath rocks and am honored to be named with him. Good luck to everyone! To infinity and beyond! Er....or something like that. :wink:
  • Options
    hexcasterhexcaster Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ehe.

Considering my less than stellar posting history and a large can of vitriol carried by me every time when I'm on these boards...

If there was any favoritism involved at Cryptic's side, I wouldn't even made into voting phase. Let alone with two entries at once.

Good thing I did not submit my third concept. I daresay KinkyCyber (TM) tights would rock.

But I'll do it anyway in suggestions subforum as soon as the contest has ended.

I didn't mean favouritism of you personally, I meant favouritism for armour parts and robot crap. Not to undermine your talent, the drawings were very good.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I didn't mean favouritism of you personally, I meant favouritism for armour parts and robot crap. Not to undermine your talent, the drawings were very good.

This robot crap, however, scores pretty high and that's rivalising with two entries combined into one.
    Who knows how things would end if each entry was voted on its own.

It shows that there is some demand for this kind of set, even if it isn't the winning one.

I was actually expecting that this idea will be less popular.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'd love to get a blog post on how they managed to narrow down from the large pool of entries they had and why certain choices were made.

It does seem like they did pick within certain themes or styles which has been presented before in C-Store.

Regardless of this, it was nice to consider that CN do actually care about the player base and had this contest.

It is entirely possible that other entries which did not make it in or were runners up will be filed into the "Inspiration Folder" for the future. :wink:

Congratulations to the finalists and may the odds forever be in your favour (Yes I have just been watching Hunger Games :tongue:)
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Then do tell us what your choices were.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Time to be really Pessimistic and say that I am not impressed with any of the Finalists :|
    Personally speaking, I find none of the costumes Appealing
    and of course I am really Dissapointed that NONE of the Entries which I liked made it...

I thought that WE were going to VOTE and Decide for the Top 5 Finalists NOT the Devs...

:|

I've said my piece! Moving on

PS to an Edit: Ok Ok WE GOT IT! you hate Fantasy and Magic and you only want Sci-Fi, Tech, DAKKA and Munitions Master Race material! :mad:
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    archerrobarcherrob Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I just wanted to say Congratulations To all the finalists. Some great Ideas, Some Great art. Yes some do look similar to what the game already has, However it is hard when the game does have so much already. I can see what each person was seeing with there creations. posts should not put down any entry, As they are expressions of different ideas, Just like opinions, We all have one and we are all entitled to them. We all have our favorites, However Cudos to all of you who submitted your ideas and I would be honored to meet and talk to any of you in-game.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    avianos wrote: »
    I rest my case!

This particular phrase is for when one has just (in one's opinion) proven a point, which I can't really see in your post. Maybe you meant something like "I've said my piece" instead?
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    xeronuxxeronux Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh welll you win some you lose some, as the saying goes! Congratz to the finalist, there is some great stuff there! Knowing me, I'm sure that I'll be buying whoever turns out to be the winning costume from the C-Store.

Though I didn't get selected, I do hope that the Devs take in consideration the wing element of my entry. We don't have anything like that in the game and in my opinion, I think it would be great to have an expansive tech wing in the costume inventory.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    This particular phrase is for when one has just (in one's opinion) proven a point, which I can't really see in your post. Maybe you meant something like "I've said my piece" instead?

ARG! I have failed once again to use English Idioms correctly! :eek:

"I've said my piece" is more correct, thanks for the correction, Fixed to avoid Confusion
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ARG! I have failed once again to use English Idioms correctly! :eek:

"I've said my piece" is more correct, thanks for the correction, Fixed to avoid Confusion

Hell, idioms in another language are hard. I wasn't trying to be an annoying English teacher (that I am :eek: ), glad you took it the right way.

:-)
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh, I'd love to vote for it, but I'm still banned on the facebook page. FYI? I'm all about the anime girl one. We need more normal clothing.

Between this and my time subbed issues, I'm beginning to think someone upstairs has a personal issue with me. I only posted one thing on the facebook, it was a reply to the wind set suggesting that it reminded me of the equinox skrillex video. I believe I said something like it was a cool set, but not really my style.

That holo armor one is pretty awesome, too. It'd be great if the holo bits matched the holo hex armor's holo pieces. I'd only back that one up if it fit some existing stuff, we've had too many sets that only work with themselves. Especially for holo, it'd have to either work with that or the psi stuff, since neither of em really look good together.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Congratulations to all the finalists and good luck!!! :wink::smile:
  • Options
    highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Sad thing that meedacthunist(?)'s cosmic knight is showcased so poorly on the facebook page. It gets the less likes and would allow a huge amount of mix n match, unlike other things like psi armor, which can only be used for.. psi armor. Or transformer robots, or japanese schoolgirl.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Can I just point out that both Necra and my own entries call out that the transparent armor is simply one option - we both ask that the pieces are available in as many materials as possible to widen the appeal and usage. I think that is getting lost a lot in just looking at the images (although it is mentioned in the images also)
  • Options
    highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    Can I just point out that both Necra and my own entries point out that the transparent armor is simply one option - we both ask that the pieces are available in as many materials as possible to widen the appeal and usage. I think that is getting lost a lot in just looking at the images (although it is mentioned in the images also)
    Do you mean that they won't only come in see through material ? Cause that'd be rejoicing.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Sad thing that meedacthunist(?)'s cosmic knight is showcased so poorly on the facebook page. It gets the less likes and would allow a huge amount of mix n match, unlike other things like psi armor, which can only be used for.. psi armor. Or transformer robots, or japanese schoolgirl.

I think this can be contributed to Facebook showing only part of the entry. I doubt if everyone voted only after seeing the whole image.

The same about the Robot, really.
  • Options
    nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am still of the opinion that they should not have restricted it to only 5. They should have only removed those entries which they can't do (for tech reasons :rolleyes:).

At the end of the day it's not us who voted it's Cryptic and only once they did can we. I don't believe this makes sense. It's not them who purchase/buy the sets and thus if this was to be a fair contest it shouldn't have involved the devs (except for the tech limitation).

Thoughts (no offense to the designers):

-> I agree with some of the things said on Facebook about the costumes

Holo Armor:

*nice idea but those pieces won't match anything except for the set. We don't have many "holo/transparent" pieces as such, going with a full set of armor for it means you whether go full holo or you'll have a really tough time.

Steel Arachnid:

*only thing unique about this is the helmet. Except that, too spiky and the boots and gloves are not that great.

Cosmic Knight:

*another interesting idea but the thighs are not really something new. Furthermore, the armor is somewhat difficult to imagine fitting with existing pieces. To me it look something like a tech-pharaoh set.

Variable Robot:

*good drawing but a transformer costume set is rather specific. I mean, it's armor/tech/robot (which is ok) but on top you have the vehicle elements which kills it for me.

Urban Anime:

*yeah, the devs have a thing for little girl clothes or something. If ppl wanted more casual wear there was an entry with that by spordelia : Heroic Fashion Set. Furthermore, I don't see how this will work for both male & female. So here is a BIG NO to gender specific costumes.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    nightr0d wrote: »
    I am still of the opinion that they should not have restricted it to only 5. They should have only removed those entries which they can't do (for tech reasons :rolleyes:).

At the end of the day it's not us who voted it's Cryptic and only once they did can we. I don't believe this makes sense. It's not them who purchase/buy the sets and thus if this was to be a fair contest it shouldn't have involved the devs (except for the tech limitation).

Thoughts (no offense to the designers):

-> I agree with some of the things said on Facebook about the costumes

Holo Armor:

*nice idea but those pieces won't match anything except for the set. We don't have many "holo/transparent" pieces as such, going with a full set of armor for it means you whether go full holo or you'll have a really tough time.

You missed the details on it. It's meant to be metal and clear as well. So it's does have more customization than all the other sets because it has the ability to me metal plated pieces as well as hologramed set.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Can I just point out that both Necra and my own entries call out that the transparent armor is simply one option - we both ask that the pieces are available in as many materials as possible to widen the appeal and usage. I think that is getting lost a lot in just looking at the images (although it is mentioned in the images also)

just bump this a little bit
  • Options
    nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You missed the details on it. It's meant to be metal and clear as well. So it's does have more customization than all the other sets because it has the ability to me metal plated pieces as well as hologramed set.

My point was regarding the texture (not the material) of the armor pieces. + I'm not a fan of clear/transparent pieces. I have tried and I could never come up with a decent costume that uses those. I have see very very few people use them and when they do it's mostly on top of thighs with nothing else (in terms of armor). Clear pieces require a very clean and sleek look to work.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

This is worth rejoicing over, because I looked at those pieces and pictured some of them in 'leather' as opaque pieces... and I can make something INSANE. I'm already drooling.

PS to an Edit: Ok Ok WE GOT IT! you hate Fantasy and Magic and you only want Sci-Fi, Tech, DAKKA and Munitions Master Race material! :mad:

Most people don't 'hate' fantasy and magic. I hate playing a modern superhero game with an absurd amount of it thrown in your face (and it's been tapered off recently, thank the Machine God). Many of us play a western superhero game and aren't wanting 'anime' as a major theme. I've had friends of mine look through the cash shop, look at me, and say 'this is a game about superheroes?'

I want more weapons our selection of these isn't just absurdly limited, we've actually had these removed from the game., and the only weapons we've received since On Alert are a pretty decent sword (Robot Samurai) and a bunch of grab-**** toys. I've yet to encounter ONE PERSON that says 'we don't need any more'.

After the slap in the face called 'magical girl', I think we might need to avoid the anime for a while. I also think we may come close to running Sci-Fi into the ground, but hopefully the 'Holo Armor' stuff with tights is more in line with somewhat-traditional superheroes. I'd additionally like to see a shift to more contemporary gear that isn't civilian/rescue worker stuff and beef up our military fatigues and equipment (Right now, all 'soldiers' in the game are either in Vietnam-era equipment or HALO armor).

But hey, we all knew this mudslinging was going to happen. Personally, I like all but one of the finalists and I see a use for everything.
  • Options
    spiderdude4spiderdude4 Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Somehow I knew Holo Armor would get on the top 5 list. And look at it eat up those likes too :biggrin: definitely rooting for this one, so many costume possibilities.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Hope1 ingame. PRIMUS Database Characters
  • Options
    c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A bit late, but congratulations to all the winners. I will be buying whichever wins, with the exception of the anime girl outfit, as I have no use for it. Since my suggestion of translucent/ transparent/ crystalline skin and armour pieces didn't get selected, i am voting for the holographic set as it is similar.

Judging by some comments here and elsewhere, there seems to be quite a few people who haven't got the manners to be polite and respectful to the winners and Cryptic. I am grateful Cryptic ran this competition and I hope they repeat it regularly.
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shilarshilar Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Oh, I'd love to vote for it, but I'm still banned on the facebook page. FYI? I'm all about the anime girl one. We need more normal clothing.

Between this and my time subbed issues, I'm beginning to think someone upstairs has a personal issue with me. I only posted one thing on the facebook, it was a reply to the wind set suggesting that it reminded me of the equinox skrillex video. I believe I said something like it was a cool set, but not really my style.

That holo armor one is pretty awesome, too. It'd be great if the holo bits matched the holo hex armor's holo pieces. I'd only back that one up if it fit some existing stuff, we've had too many sets that only work with themselves. Especially for holo, it'd have to either work with that or the psi stuff, since neither of em really look good together.

Meh, I wanted more fantasy-oriented themes, ie Centaur, lamia, or even genie (which is available as a device). Yet Another Anime girl is kinda... blah. But it seems the devs didn't want something -too- hard...

/voted for the Transformer, just cause it's the lesser of the evils.
    Travel Power/Costume suggestions.

Example of Comet Flight: Here.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    shilar wrote: »
    Meh, I wanted more fantasy-oriented themes, ie Centaur, lamia, or even genie (which is available as a device). Yet Another Anime girl is kinda... blah. But it seems the devs didn't want something -too- hard...

/voted for the Transformer, just cause it's the lesser of the evils.

Yeah, I'm with you, but I'm burned out on magic. We had way too many packs that dealt with it, so I'm good with a bit more tech. But my main is tech, and definitely a bit biased as a result.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Congratulations to winners, well deserved :biggrin:

I would say I am quite happy that I like all the finalist and I would definitely buy any of them if they get implemented.

On the animeish trend, I like it. Given that the two major houses of comics already have a game of their own, I would say it does not hurt for CO to explore a broader audience. Moreover, since Champions IP is own by Cryptic, they can choose how faithful to follow champions lore in CO.

Good luck to finalists
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    centaur, lamia and genie would all require a reprogram for the bottom half.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    shilarshilar Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, I'm with you, but I'm burned out on magic. We had way too many packs that dealt with it, so I'm good with a bit more tech. But my main is tech, and definitely a bit biased as a result.

Tech's ok, but fantasy =/= magic. Mythical non-humanoid characters in an MMO are impossible to find (only 2 mmos had centaurs as player characters). In one RPG setting, there was a race called a cyber-horseman, a bionic centaur. So not really magic, but fantasy-themed. But, the devs spoke, so a big letdown on challenge. We get simply "yet another set of tights/armor" with one idea of making a Hawkwing Transformer.
    Travel Power/Costume suggestions.

Example of Comet Flight: Here.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    MORE TIGHTS!!!

'Nuff Said.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    'Nuff Said.

Tights are Boring! really Boring!

I want EVERYTHING but Tights
    Jackets, Armors, Chest Pieces e.t.c e.t.c
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    shilar wrote: »
    Tech's ok, but fantasy =/= magic. Mythical non-humanoid characters in an MMO are impossible to find (only 2 mmos had centaurs as player characters). In one RPG setting, there was a race called a cyber-horseman, a bionic centaur. So not really magic, but fantasy-themed. But, the devs spoke, so a big letdown on challenge. We get simply "yet another set of tights/armor" with one idea of making a Hawkwing Transformer.

Except that it was established a long time ago that the changed lower torsos would require a massive undertaking that just flat-out could not be done.

To let you know what this would take, think about how Martial Arts would have to work. A lot of powers. It would essentially require new animations codes for every different type of legs.

So, if you're holding out for Centaurs, you might want to fire up one of those 2 MMORPG's, because it's unlikely to happen in this one, ever. They can't even get the code for ground vehicles to work.

Not to mention, complaining about 'another set of tights/armor' in a Superhero MMORPG is like going to McDonald's and whining about all the different kinds of hamburgers.

And going to McDonald's for a salad is like going to a prostitute for a hug.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Tights are Boring! really Boring!

I want EVERYTHING but Tights
    Jackets, Armors, Chest Pieces e.t.c e.t.c

Then go play any other mmo. Or Second Life.
    CO's genre is all about tights.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    But again this is a personal opinion, don't take it so seriously! I just don't find Tights appealing
    Then go play any other mmo. Or Second Life.

Again with this "GO PLAY ANOTHER MMO" Card
    If I didn't like CO i WOULD have stop playing 3 Years ago.
    CO's genre is all about tights.

Not really consider we have many Heroes-Villains who have different appearence (Defender - Power Armor Suit, WitchCraft - Mystism Robes, Ironclad - Armor, Sapphire- Jacket e.t.c)

and a really Big Costume selection in Tailor & Z-store which is not limited on only Tights

Basically more variety on character's appearence than the Super Heroes Stereotype on Tights and Wear the Underwear on the Outside like Superman
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    some things

Ehe. Go, read comic sometime and tell me what is the most common hero suit.

People are coming to CO and then complaining about it's theme... :rolleyes:

Also, Defender's suit looks just like set of tights, and Witchcraft costume is rather poorly designed.

If more tights or tights-compatible parts makes you sorry, it's only your problem.

That CO allows for creating any kind of characters, is only a byproduct of freedom with character creator. Not its prime destination.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    If more tights or tights-compatible parts makes you sorry, it's only your problem.

That CO allows for creating any kind of characters, is only a byproduct of freedom with character creator. Not its prime destination.

Nah. I Just feel it could be something else than just Tights

Again it's based on what each player likes, don't take it too serious

Can we please Stop being Passive-Aggressive now? :|
  • Options
    novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Steel Arachnid , Holo and the heavy armor by Meeda it is :D.... 400 zen farmed so far ( I did like several whiteout Q runs.... I never knew that bosses drop more than Q-box till i completed the whole thing... and by the time I did, I had harvested more Qt than the reward itself :cool: , so its like around 30-40 zen per Whiteout Q run which is pretty good according to me [25 days = ~1000 zen)..... so yeah ... I got the invincible and the savage.... both are really fun, except for my energy management issues with the invincible... which gets fixed after I get overdrive and the savage never dies against a single whiteout boss :rolleyes: and now I want a great PA fixing heavy armor. Hence, vote for Holo and the armor. But I also do want the large wrist blades and spinal cord from steel arachnid... for my savage. Lets wait and see.

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me