What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Aura Sets Redeemable Per Character

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • aurasonic12aurasonic12 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We're still waiting for Aura sets in the Store to be redeemable per character after the initial purchase.

Write a comment of why you think this system is absurd and why you won't buy auras until they unlock for all your characters.

I support this as well i would hate to have to buy multiple copies of the magic aura set for characters. This system of selling auras is complete garbage
  • voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Please fix this. Account-wide unlocks for aura storage, aura slots and auras.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I edited the original post to better summarize what we want. Share the thread with other players and more importantly people in game.
  • hivercidehivercide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    skcark wrote: »
    other problem is... having to recolour the aura each time too... just so tedious

Okay, I was not aware of the "one character only" bit when I bought the Fire Aura...oh well, too bad so sad, that's my mistake. But what is confusing me is.....ARE these Auras able to be recolored? And if they are...HOW? I went to the tailor and looked, I am not seeing anything about Auras there, and if I can move them between characters via Base Storage...again HOW please? Where am I supposed to be looking on my character to find them?
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hivercide wrote: »
    Where am I supposed to be looking on my character to find them?

There's a little box right below the aura slot. Slot the aura then click on that box and it should bring up the color select window.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    C-store Auras you buy go to your characters bags, one you bought the Auras with. Press C, click AURAS. Now you can equip them to 2 slot available. Upper slot is Allways On. Lower is In Combat.
    You can buy up to 3(that be 6, since you get 3 to both categories of Slots you have) more Aura Slots to slot your Auras, those are pre character.
    There's a button AURA STORAGE down right in the AURA window, there you can store the Auras. You can buy up to set of 100 Aura Storage Slots from C-store (which is beyond hilarious...). Those are per character.
    To share the C-store Auras between your other characters, go to your Hideout, if you have one, if not, buy one as a Silver. Find the Crime Computer/Shared Storage interface, open the Storage, drag/douple click the Auras to your Shared Storage.
    The Legacy Aura, one you can aquiere from the Legacy Aura Vendor for free, is for 1 character only. You need to get it for each of your characters. But you can buy Legacy Auras from the Legacy store, with 80,000Q, those are also per character. There is also an option to change the Legacy Aura ranks, which changes the effect, switching ranks is free.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Maybe theres a secret 'Sect', group of people hiding in the shadows, who have their private channel straight to the to branch of top people 'Ties'N'Suits', in PW. And are the ones behind The Vehicles, The Auras and The Stuff...
    Sound like we need to call Jesse Ventura on this case.
    No, you need hire someone more like Ace Ventura to solve this case.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So, the Aura Slots we can have is 4(8 when you count Allways On and Combat), right?
    What if someone by accident, not paying attention, buys 2 sets of 3 Aura Slots? Because that most likely with high probability will happen. Does the C-store stop the customer buying the 2nd set?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited February 2014
    They no doubt put a limit on how many each character can unlock the same way they put a limit of how many character slots you can purchase. So we know that purchases can be made that effects all characters account wide when it comes to slots of any kind.
  • hivercidehivercide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    C-store Auras you buy go to your characters bags, one you bought the Auras with. Press C, click AURAS. Now you can equip them to 2 slot available. Upper slot is Allways On. Lower is In Combat..

Okay, thanks for that, I found it finally, "personal character info". And change color by clicking on the bottom of the slot....good to know.
  • savagefistsavagefist Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If these remain per character and not account wide unlocks(i.e. like costumes not vehicles), they need to price them at impulse buy prices. I would easily buy them for more characters at 100 zen each. Still expensive with tons of characters but requires much less thought to part with money for your favorites.
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
    GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+
    AMD FX-6300 6-Core Processor
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600
    Intel 335 Series Jay Crest 240GB
    3 x TOSHIBA PH3300U-1I72 3TB
    XFX Core Edition FX-785A-CNL4 Radeon HD 7850 2GB
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Something tells me that a lot of people will waste their Zen to buy Multipy copies of Fire Details Aura Pack to get the Fire Aura: Eyes on Multiply characters
    At least we got a decent substitute for the Scourge/Cursed Eyes costume parts which got lost in time and never brought back :confused: (With the difference that the costume parts were ACCOUNT WIDE Costume Unlocks and even your NEMESIS could wear them)
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited February 2014
    I linked to this thread like I promised I would do for every aura set that comes out in the store. If you want to purchase the set but don't like the price of having to pay for the set for EVERY character you want to have it, please object to the price and unlock method by posting about it in the news thread.
  • skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    avianos wrote: »
    Something tells me that a lot of people will waste their Zen to buy Multipy copies of Fire Details Aura Pack to get the Fire Aura: Eyes on Multiply characters
    At least we got a decent substitute for the Scourge/Cursed Eyes costume parts which got lost in time and never brought back :confused: (With the difference that the costume parts were ACCOUNT WIDE Costume Unlocks and even your NEMESIS could wear them)

Quoted for absolute truth. I regard auras as a joke now with their implentation.
  • yogid0nnieyogid0nnie Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    /agree... put the auras in the tailor and make them lock account wide.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    /agreed wholeheartedly
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    /Signed. Holding off from buying any more.

Um, As tempting as it is.

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
    edited February 2014
    I'm going to bump this for great justice.
  • eastgatewidoweastgatewidow Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Account-wide unlocks please as your community is requesting.
    I personally will not be rewarding Cryptic with any more Zen purchases until this issue is remedied.

Dropping my knitting to buff you whilst hitting - Proudly protecting Millennium City's little ones since 2009.

@Mothers_Love
  • r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited February 2014
    /bump

please people keep posting here!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I remember the last time a forum petition actually got something done around here.
    Wait no I don't.

Wonder who keeps buying the auras... since it's obviously happening enough that this won't change :|
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yup, definitely should be account wide unlocks.

:eek:
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited February 2014
    Bump

Another point I want to bring up is the implementation of newer customization that has come out in the past few years.

Vehicles don't give you an option to change their visual appearance and one purchase means one copy of the item to share amongst your characters. In STO when you purchase a vehicle one is given to all of your characters.

I bring this up because this is what the aura selling model is based off of. This isn't appropriate for visual customization with no different way of playing the game. All my characters should use the visual function that I purchased without the life draining process of keeping track of where the aura bits are and having to deal with the loading screen 7 times just to use them.

Seven times: Waiting for character select screen to load, waiting for instance I'm in to load, waiting for hideout to load, waiting for character select screen to load again after putting items in hideout, waiting once more for instance I'm in to load, waiting again for hideout to load, and waiting for the instance to load once again after leaving hideout.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I second this. Please unlock these on all characters.

I picked up the energy aura, and I want to share the middle bit with two different characters; but it's very annoying to have to remember the exact color, move it over in hideout, and then retrieve it.

XS
    [NbK]XStorm
  • doomedluke1doomedluke1 Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just to see if I understood right as I'm willing to buy one set:
    The sets give you 5 pieces of aura. You can trade them anytime between any of your characters, but you must put them in the hideout bank so you can do so. Is it correct?

So if I buy the Fire Details set, I can give the Fire Eyes to one of my chars, the Lava Skin to another and the Fire Skin to yet another, right?

Also, are there any videos showing the auras or just the pics in the store? I'm really wanting to buy either the Energy or the Fire Details auras, but I'm buying only one of them...
  • baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    /Signed /Seconded /bump

I remember how many of us posted about the implementation of auras when they started talking about it, and a lot of us suggested they were added to the tailor.

I am willing to buy extra AURA SLOTS, and auras... but as someone who makes characters and deletes them on a whim, buying ANYTHING that unlocks only per character is a big turn off. Not going to spend money when the purchases can be LOST FOREVER.
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just to see if I understood right as I'm willing to buy one set:
    The sets give you 5 pieces of aura. You can trade them anytime between any of your characters, but you must put them in the hideout bank so you can do so. Is it correct?

So if I buy the Fire Details set, I can give the Fire Eyes to one of my chars, the Lava Skin to another and the Fire Skin to yet another, right?

Also, are there any videos showing the auras or just the pics in the store? I'm really wanting to buy either the Energy or the Fire Details auras, but I'm buying only one of them...

Yes you have it right about how the auras can be shared among characters. I know there is a video floating around that smacky made, but not sure if it includes the Z Store Auras as well.
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • spazmeerspazmeer Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Please for the love of God Cryptic/Perfect World, make costume aura's unlock-able for all characters account wide.
    this

just

blows

my

mind...
  • lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Signed again..

Just want to say that while auras are nice, the fact that they're only available per char really ticks me off.although I have already bought 1 set.. It is rather unenjoyable knowing that i have to swutch between chars JUST to put on the same aura on a different character. i refuse to buy another aura set until something is done about this.

I would have spent more money if it wasnt for this.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
    edited March 2014
    I still haven't bought one Zen Aura Set. I would be more than happy to buy them all.
    edited March 2014
    I agree with this thread... i bought almost ALL available auras for my main char but i am NOT going to buy them again for my other toons...
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lilsteffie wrote: »
    Signed again..

Just want to say that while auras are nice, the fact that they're only available per char really ticks me off.although I have already bought 1 set.. It is rather unenjoyable knowing that i have to swutch between chars JUST to put on the same aura on a different character. i refuse to buy another aura set until something is done about this.

I would have spent more money if it wasnt for this.

I have to agree fully here. The current direction and handling of the C-store is becoming more and more of a toxic influence on this game. First off, we're not getting the kind of development that we are paying for, which makes these one set per account items horrendously overpriced. Having to pay real money for something virtual should grant that for all characters, not just give one set and then tell them all to share. It's not like we gain any benefit from having multiple stacks of the same aura. The visuals don't change, they don't grant a bonus, and as far as I know, you can't trade them to other players, so this really doesn't make sense beyond greed and lack of forethought. At $4.50 each, most of these auras are not worth the money if they are $4.50 per set. I for one, will not be buying any of these as they are a complete rip off and just show how terrible Cryptic and PWE are towards this game and it's community/fans.
  • ramthananaxramthananax Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've bought exactly ONE aura set- the sparkle one, and that one only because it wasn't clear that each piece is only usable by one character. I only fell for that once.

So even though I'm sitting on a couple thousand stipend points, I'm not buying anything. Heck, the entire fiasco has soured me on the game in general- I can't bring myself to play CO anymore, because I'm tired of PW trying to rip us off.

This is exactly why F2P games are a losing proposition. When a game goes F2P, the devs are no longer motivated to make a good game so much as they're motivated to make a quick buck.
  • viivsyn2viivsyn2 Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i think the aura sets should be treated like the costume packs

so anotherwards

you buy an aura set it can be used on all your toons.. add a aura tab to the costume creator so we can use the set across all our toons not just one toon at a time

this is why i havn't bought any of the aura sets because i don't wanna shell out that kinda money to give my toons fiery eyes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kheldrynkheldryn Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah same, Bought one set only to find out its "Per Character" and not reclaimable, I mean really. Its not like they're cheap in the first place,at least when I buy something with Zen in STO its account wide, this is just ridiculous.Sorry CRYPTIC/PWE I'm not made out of money.
    Nyte Kitsune-STO and CO LTS Member
    "Nose to the wind, I go!"
    "I found a bug in Beta, Cryptic squished it. STO Founder and Proud LTS member of STO and CO."
  • clockwiseclockwise Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I definitely would prefer that auras be more accessible between characters than they are now. Having to jump to the hideout and account bank them before switching heroes is ponderous and pointless. They're already bound to account, it's physically impossible for me to use them on more than one character at a time. Just add them to the auras page of the character sheet in select menus, instead of having slots that we drag the items into. That way we just set any auras in any colors we like in any slot, once we unlock access to it.

Raise the prices on them a bit if you are worried that the sales numbers will decline if you actually add convenience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was Dubsy on the Old Forums. I am still @Dubsy in-game. Also, lol.
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I kind of agree and disagree in some cases... I do agree that it's pretty bogus that you only get the one set, but, on the other hand, when you have a metric crap-ton of characters, you start to run out of places to put all of them.
  • blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I disagree. It's a good thing auras aren't accountwide, it makes them a viable continuous micro transaction that isn't a lockbox. I think they're overpriced. I think subscribers should get an additional aura slot for subscribing, I even think aura slots should be accountwide unlocks. However I do not agree with aura sets being accountwide.
  • rubegoldbergrubegoldberg Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I disagree. It's a good thing auras aren't accountwide, it makes them a viable continuous micro transaction that isn't a lockbox. I think they're overpriced. I think subscribers should get an additional aura slot for subscribing, I even think aura slots should be accountwide unlocks. However I do not agree with aura sets being accountwide.

As long as they're around the price of a costume set they should be account wide like a costume set.
  • blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As long as they're around the price of a costume set they should be account wide like a costume set.

I half agree. Meaning, in the sense that they shouldn't be the price of a costume set. They should be about 300 zen a set, IMO.
    edited March 2014
    I half agree. Meaning, in the sense that they shouldn't be the price of a costume set. They should be about 300 zen a set, IMO.

25 Zen a piece would be more fair. Piece meal the crap out of them! Being nickle and dimed to death is better than 1 and 5 dollar billed to death.
    edited April 2014
    Bumping this since more people in game are wondering where this thread is.
  • arimikamiarimikami Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think the simple solution to this problem would be making the aura storage account wide instead of having each character have an individual aura storage. Not doing so makes them kind of look like greedy pricks and makes it more of a hassle to trade auras between characters to really make them worth buying.
    edited April 2014
    We now have our first aura set in the weekly sale.

I still wouldn't purchase it at that price.
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am fine with everything.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
    edited April 2014
    bwdares wrote: »
    I am fine with everything.

How many characters do you have? If you only have one you really use do you plan on buying more duplicates of the same aura sets?

If not than you prove the points made in this thread.

We supported you through getting beards on helmets, the least you could do is support us with something we want. That way we are more obliged to support the next something you want.
    edited April 2014
    would be nice to hear staff member comments to this.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    r9x, I wouldn't hold my breath were I you. I don't think I've ever seen pwe comment on something like this, when it's an unpopular choice among players. I'd actually be surprised if Cryptic had a choice on the pricing, a bean counter in PWE might have done some spreadsheets and came to the fact that this is the best way. And they're selling, which means he could even be right.

That fact bothers me way more than it should.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited April 2014
    The Champions dev team cannot comment on this any further. All we know is that "a higher up" made the decision to make auras based on one set per purchase despite the devs originally making the system based on account wide.
    r9x, I wouldn't hold my breath were I you. I don't think I've ever seen pwe comment on something like this, when it's an unpopular choice among players. I'd actually be surprised if Cryptic had a choice on the pricing, a bean counter in PWE might have done some spreadsheets and came to the fact that this is the best way. And they're selling, which means he could even be right.

That fact bothers me way more than it should.

It will sell regardless. The issue is that they most likely won't sell more than one copy of a set per customer so what's the point of excluding customers who want to buy them but refuse to deal with the insanity of handling each piece between dozens of characters.